PDA

View Full Version : Article - Negative Storylines continue to hurt WOO LMS / World Racing Group / DIRTcar

HoosierDirtFan
05-11-2017, 05:10 PM
Good article on the Dirt Unlimited website.
Link - http://www.dirtunlimited.com/2017/05/11/bolins-pit-pass-negative-storylines-continue-to-hurt-the-world-of-outlaw-late-models

Clayton_Wetter
05-11-2017, 05:14 PM
This site can’t be reached

www.dirtunloimited.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

HoosierDirtFan
05-11-2017, 05:20 PM
The link to the article is FIXED!

mskdorf
05-11-2017, 05:27 PM
Good start for the article. Is that it?

formercrewguy
05-11-2017, 05:38 PM
They have no one to blame but themselves.

zach51
05-11-2017, 05:46 PM
HA. Ha. ha.

dirtdobber45
05-11-2017, 08:24 PM
They have no one to blame but themselves.
HA. Ha. ha.Ill second both posts

a25rjr
05-11-2017, 09:17 PM
Between the negative publicity and lack of a tv package, you wonder how long they can survive. There seems to be more "bigger" sponsors on the Lucas series and that's a definite advantage for racers trying to secure dollars!

chupp n bloomer fan
05-11-2017, 09:58 PM
Not even going to read it. But are you fukin serious? You do the whole tire thing, whatever with that, I think it needs to be more out in the open. The actual testing process, lab personnel, etc.

The LaSalle thing, no TV package, and whatever else they have done. I mean he!!, going clear back to when they started up the WoO again, there was some butt hurt. So work on TV, and being out in the open, not with an iron fist, and it might get better.

Though I think they are still pretty successful. Got a lot of drivers following them this year.

onlyfacts
05-11-2017, 10:11 PM
By the looks of the crowds at Gaffney and Fayetteville even with weather threatening I think they will be around for quite awhile. Both of those places had big crowds. The guy that wrote this piece of crap is clueless. Nor do people that are always looking for the negatives understand that if they do go away it is bad for the sport. Too many tracks closing, series failing and small car counts will lead to this sports demise. Negativity like this will accelerate the death.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-11-2017, 10:19 PM
By the looks of the crowds at Gaffney and Fayetteville even with weather threatening I think they will be around for quite awhile. Both of those places had big crowds. The guy that wrote this piece of crap is clueless. Nor do people that are always looking for the negatives understand that if they do go away it is bad for the sport. Too many tracks closing, series failing and small car counts will lead to this sports demise. Negativity like this will accelerate the death.I mean they have what, 12-15 cars following the tour, plus the crowds, so who the fuk knows. Maybe he was bored.

waaac77
05-11-2017, 11:23 PM
Very well written article. Very informative, lots of facts. I'll never go to a WRG event now that I've read that. Lucas Oil is so awesome!!! So much better

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-12-2017, 12:04 AM
By the looks of the crowds at Gaffney and Fayetteville even with weather threatening I think they will be around for quite awhile. Both of those places had big crowds. The guy that wrote this piece of crap is clueless. Nor do people that are always looking for the negatives understand that if they do go away it is bad for the sport. Too many tracks closing, series failing and small car counts will lead to this sports demise. Negativity like this will accelerate the death.

Woo or lucas pulls the crowds in this area most of the time its sro.

Josh Bayko
05-12-2017, 07:14 AM
Between the negative publicity and lack of a tv package, you wonder how long they can survive. There seems to be more "bigger" sponsors on the Lucas series and that's a definite advantage for racers trying to secure dollars!

I've heard this doom and gloom for years. Again late model fans act like the WoO sprint tour doesn't exist, and the late model series is still rather profitable. WRG isn't going anywhere, unless somebody wants to pay them the millions it would cost to acquire the company.

huskerdirt
05-12-2017, 07:18 AM
This wasn't even an article. It was a blog with a negative slant towards WRG. He didn't present anything that hasn't been said on 4m. Honestly, it was a waste of time.

onlyfacts
05-12-2017, 07:55 AM
Very well written article. Very informative, lots of facts. I'll never go to a WRG event now that I've read that. Lucas Oil is so awesome!!! So much betterThat was far from well written. More like poorly written with negative intentions.

Cardirt0
05-12-2017, 07:58 AM
The Top 7 or 8 people drive $40G leased cars.. Just in the late M group to the races, they ant going no were, but to the next race.... They have hurt them selfs... But they a Long way from Death...

ptown
05-12-2017, 08:48 AM
This wasn't even an article. It was a blog with a negative slant towards WRG. He didn't present anything that hasn't been said on 4m. Honestly, it was a waste of time.

I agree, I've read that guys articles before and he don't have a clue what he's doing.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-12-2017, 10:34 AM
That was far from well written. More like poorly written with negative intentions.I think he was being sarcastic.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-12-2017, 10:35 AM
I've heard this doom and gloom for years. Again late model fans act like the WoO sprint tour doesn't exist, and the late model series is still rather profitable. WRG isn't going anywhere, unless somebody wants to pay them the millions it would cost to acquire the company.Precisely, the sprint tour is just wow $$$$.

Pennsboro23
05-12-2017, 10:40 AM
That dirt unlimited site has always been garbage.

MI Dirt Fan
05-12-2017, 10:51 AM
By the looks of the crowds at Gaffney and Fayetteville even with weather threatening I think they will be around for quite awhile. Both of those places had big crowds.

Your always going to have big crowds when WoO or LOLMS visits tracks that they don't frequent often or have never been to. WoO was at Cherokee for the first time and I think Fayetteville for the first time in 4 yrs.

dirtcrazy4u
05-12-2017, 09:35 PM
You make more and more rules and this is what you get . Today Lucas is on top, they have the TV deal , I have been to both sanctioned races this year. The WoO show seemed to be run by a group of individuals who had no clue what was going on. The way a sprint car show and a SLM show are run is disappointing. The WRG isn't going anywhere.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-12-2017, 09:52 PM
Your always going to have big crowds when WoO or LOLMS visits tracks that they don't frequent often or have never been to. WoO was at Cherokee for the first time and I think Fayetteville for the first time in 4 yrs.

Lucas oil has races at both of these tracks this yr also. It will be sro again!

golddirt
05-12-2017, 10:59 PM
Where the hell is the story?! Not even a good summary

BirkyTime15B
05-13-2017, 08:07 AM
Pretty lame story, I do believe the LOLMDS series is ahead with Lucas Oil Racing TV package.

old dirt 77
05-13-2017, 09:44 AM
I have been a loyal supporter of the Summer Nationals for years. I had planned on going to seven this year. After screwing LaSalle over the total is ),zip, notta.

ptown
05-13-2017, 10:31 AM
I have been a loyal supporter of the Summer Nationals for years. I had planned on going to seven this year. After screwing LaSalle over the total is ),zip, notta.

Sorry LaSalle and Izzo screwed thmeselves, he was told to not let them run and he ignored them. I'll be attending the Summernats same as I have for the last 20 or years and I will be making my first trip back to Peoria in 15 years.

golddirt
05-13-2017, 03:54 PM
Ptown I agree

MaverickSprints
05-14-2017, 07:02 AM
Good article on the Dirt Unlimited website.
Link - http://www.dirtunlimited.com/2017/05/11/bolins-pit-pass-negative-storylines-continue-to-hurt-the-world-of-outlaw-late-models

I vote "NO" for a merger. We need more diversity at the top, not more centralized control. WRG mad rush to grab control of ALL dirt racing is the issue, they are "Power Mad" and desire to be the Nascar of dirt, which would suck.

Clayton_Wetter
05-15-2017, 05:21 PM
HA. Ha. ha.

And laugh some MORRISSSS!!!!

Bigdirtfan
05-15-2017, 06:15 PM
That really wasnt a story, pretty lame. Both series have their issues and i dont think either is going anywhere. Some shows are good and some bad, what you see is based more on track prep then the series. I think two series is good for the sport. Woo and ump had no choice but to enforce their rules, obviously eldora has a big say in ump decisions as well. Looked to me like wrg hands were tied in a lot of these rule decisions.

Snake X3
05-16-2017, 02:51 PM
I think the link was more of an anti-WoO opinion piece than a news article.

I certainly hope WoO remains profitable and hangs around for a long time. The sport needs two national series. I prefer Lucas to WoO because they don't have redraws, but to each their own.

JCSullivan00
05-16-2017, 03:55 PM
This article was written, poorly I might add, with the headline about negative story lines continuing, and then provides no new negative story lines. Just sounds like a kid with an grudge against WoO to me.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-16-2017, 03:57 PM
I vote "NO" for a merger. We need more diversity at the top, not more centralized control. WRG mad rush to grab control of ALL dirt racing is the issue, they are "Power Mad" and desire to be the Nascar of dirt, which would suck.

I miss the days it was really an outlaw sport. This NASCAR wannabe stuff is for the birds.

MaverickSprints
05-16-2017, 04:51 PM
I miss the days it was really an outlaw sport. This NASCAR wannabe stuff is for the birds.

Miss the days when you had no idea who might come thru the gate and almost no way to find out.

BTExpress
05-16-2017, 05:24 PM
"I certainly hope WoO remains profitable and hangs around for a long time. The sport needs two national series. I prefer Lucas to WoO because they don't have redraws, but to each their own."

Funny but the redraw is exactly why I prefer the WoO's. To each their own i guess. That is what makes the sport great. Something for everyone.

WisWildManFan
05-16-2017, 05:32 PM
Is the plan still to run lasalle 16, 17 unsanctioned against the summer nationals? Been quiet for a while now

NormP
05-16-2017, 05:59 PM
I think the link was more of an anti-WoO opinion piece than a news article.

I certainly hope WoO remains profitable and hangs around for a long time. The sport needs two national series. I prefer Lucas to WoO because they don't have redraws, but to each their own.

I'd like to see zero national series. Just lots of decent-to-big paying races so that you never know who is going where. More exciting that way. In that regard I'm one of the "miss the good old days" people.

Hard rock candy
05-17-2017, 10:22 AM
He left out the part about the collusion between Hoosier and WRG!

manwplan
05-17-2017, 10:44 AM

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Hoosier monopoly as much as anybody but how is it any different than Lucas and their Hoosier collusion? At least WoO lets you race American Racer once in a while.

Josh Bayko
05-17-2017, 11:09 AM

Huh? The WoO LMs tend to allow ARs at a bunch of their races. They also kicked Hooiser to the curb for the sprint cars a few years back and went with Goodyears. It's not like that anymore, but still, they went in a different direction when Goodyear offered the better deal.

To them, they'll run whoever the highest bidder for the tire deals are. If AR wants a piece of that pie, they gotta submit better bids.

dirtcrazy4u
05-17-2017, 08:19 PM
WRG could step up to the plate and say here's what we want in a tire. Give the tire makers sizing , compounds, groove patterns and most importantly price. If all 3 tire manufacturers are priced the same it would give, most importantly, the owners and drivers a choice. It would change the playing field and I believe Lucas would follow suit.

Josh Bayko
05-17-2017, 08:45 PM
WRG could step up to the plate and say here's what we want in a tire. Give the tire makers sizing , compounds, groove patterns and most importantly price. If all 3 tire manufacturers are priced the same it would give, most importantly, the owners and drivers a choice. It would change the playing field and I believe Lucas would follow suit.

The racing business doesn't work that way, and it's not going to work that way any time soon.

Besides, the WoO late models do allow AR tires at a majority of their races, especially at places where the locals are on ARs. They go Hoosier only at UMP tracks, because at those places they go with the UMP rule, because, again, that's what the locals have.

The Lucas series is Hoosier exclusive.

MaverickSprints
05-18-2017, 06:44 AM

My vote would be a "Fully" open tire rule, Groove, sipe and whatever RR only, race the tires you heat raced on. Any brand, any compound, any combination. Singular compounds or specified combinations lead to single groove limited passing affairs. JMO

Hard rock candy
05-18-2017, 09:23 PM
My vote would be a "Fully" open tire rule, Groove, sipe and whatever RR only, race the tires you heat raced on. Any brand, any compound, any combination. Singular compounds or specified combinations lead to single groove limited passing affairs. JMOAgreed. My point on the collusion is that UMP does not put the tire deal up for bid each year or any year. It's increases the cost to the racers and makes Hoosier and the WRG owners rich!

NormP
05-18-2017, 09:43 PM
A couple of other people have already said WRG lets you run American Racer at some of the tracks.