PDA

View Full Version : Bloomquist's lack of Internet presence

BloomerHarvickFan
05-13-2017, 06:55 AM
Does anyone know why Bloomquist has never embraced the internet like a lot of other drivers have? It seems that for a while his website updated, giving schedule and results, but in the last few years, it hasn't been updated well, and now, as has been mentioned in another thread has last year's schedule. Under a heading of Next Event it just says "Schedule @ Lucas Dirt.com"
It looks like all the website is good for is basically being an online store.
Even his Stats tab hasn't been updated since 2010!!!
You'd think a guy who is always on the cutting edge of the Late Model world, and is all about getting his name out, being relevant and causing a stir, that he'd utilize website, social media, etc...but nothing.

mskdorf
05-13-2017, 08:51 AM
Been wondering the same thing. Being a fan, I would like to know more than his Lucas schedule. I can get the Lucas schedule from their site.

bleedblue55
05-13-2017, 08:59 AM
Does anyone know why Bloomquist has never embraced the internet like a lot of other drivers have? It seems that for a while his website updated, giving schedule and results, but in the last few years, it hasn't been updated well, and now, as has been mentioned in another thread has last year's schedule. Under a heading of Next Event it just says "Schedule @ Lucas Dirt.com"
It looks like all the website is good for is basically being an online store.
Even his Stats tab hasn't been updated since 2010!!!
You'd think a guy who is always on the cutting edge of the Late Model world, and is all about getting his name out, being relevant and causing a stir, that he'd utilize website, social media, etc...but nothing.
Scott was getting his name out and causing a stir long before social media came along. May be one of the reasons he always has been, and always will be relevant. Not a Bloomer fan but I respect everything he's done and how he's done it, HIS WAY.

Duke100
05-13-2017, 09:06 AM
Scott was getting his name out and causing a stir long before social media came along. May be one of the reasons he always has been, and always will be relevant. Not a Bloomer fan but I respect everything he's done and how he's done it, HIS WAY.Did Led Zeppelin have a web site?

B_K
05-13-2017, 09:14 AM
Did Led Zeppelin have a web site?

www.ledzeppelin.com

dirtdobber45
05-13-2017, 10:44 AM
The man is trying to stay on top of his game. He doesnt have time to keep up on the web. Look at Marler you never know hes gonna show up. At least you know Scott will be at the Lucas shows.

MI Dirt Fan
05-13-2017, 10:49 AM
www.ledzeppelin.com

The question was "did" not "does"

B_K
05-13-2017, 11:48 AM
The question was "did" not "does"

Sure it was

www.nobodydidinthe1970'sidiotsotryadifferentargume nt.com

Seriously using that logic is like saying did Hitler use nuclear weapons? Well no, but had they been available at the time......

Go back to trying to figure out the difference between postponed and cancelled.

MI Dirt Fan
05-13-2017, 12:18 PM
Sure it was

www.nobodydidinthe1970'sidiotsotryadifferentargume nt.com

Seriously using that logic is like saying did Hitler use nuclear weapons? Well no, but had they been available at the time......

Go back to trying to figure out the difference between postponed and cancelled.

No need to. It was cancelled and the makeup date was announced. Had the event already started, it would be postponed until they can restart to event. Since it didn't start, it was cancelled.

WisWildManFan
05-13-2017, 12:33 PM
Goats don't use the internet

dirtdobber45
05-13-2017, 12:37 PM
Goats don't use the internetExactly... Scotts got enough people talking about him. Why does he need to add. As it was said before he was talked about around the country before there was the internet

formercrewguy
05-13-2017, 12:41 PM
The internet is a passing fad...............it will never last.

B_K
05-13-2017, 01:01 PM
No need to. It was cancelled and the makeup date was announced. Had the event already started, it would be postponed until they can restart to event. Since it didn't start, it was cancelled.

So still you still don't know the difference.....got it. Cancelled to most people with the IQ above banana slug would mean not happening, I.E. that tv show I watched just got cancelled. Postponed would be hey this race I'm going to got rained out got postponed from today until tomorrow.

If you don't see the difference, put your $75,000k plus up to promote a show, then just shrug it off when the headline says Race Cancelled.

smooth32
05-13-2017, 01:05 PM
He never has been fan friendly. His choice.

MI Dirt Fan
05-13-2017, 01:06 PM
So still you still don't know the difference.....got it. Cancelled to most people with the IQ above banana slug would mean not happening, I.E. that tv show I watched just got cancelled. Postponed would be hey this race I'm going to got rained out got postponed from today until tomorrow.

If you don't see the difference, put your $75,000k plus up to promote a show, then just shrug it off when the headline says Race Cancelled.

Never seen someone so butt hurt still from something over a week ago

B_K
05-13-2017, 01:12 PM
You started this little exchange. Maybe next time just keep playing with the trolls. Or just you know..... drop a gear.

MI Dirt Fan
05-13-2017, 01:21 PM
Unfortunately for you. I'm definitely not going anywhere. So..

NormP
05-13-2017, 01:25 PM
He has an internet presence.

It's called 4m.net.

Not a single day goes by that we don't talk about him on here.

B_K
05-13-2017, 01:25 PM
Cool, all villages need an idiot.

Looking forward to the comedy that is sure to ensue.

bullring
05-13-2017, 02:23 PM
More results accomplished working on a racecar than talking about it on the computer.

dirtdobber45
05-13-2017, 02:58 PM
He never has been fan friendly. His choice.Shows how much you know...again. Ive sat on back side at Volunteer watching the locals race and have Scott show up with a 5 gal. bucket full of iced down beer and watch the races. Just cause he wouldnt talk to you at some track hes racing at dont mean hes unsociable. He just dont like goofy looking people.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-13-2017, 03:01 PM
He never has been fan friendly. His choice.Lol. He is fan friendly, in a way that's not fake. That I think is fine. I don't need him balls deep on me nor do I need to be balls deep on him. He is working on race cars, not playing video games, tweeting, or posting on Facebook.

President Clinton
05-13-2017, 03:40 PM
Breaking news....... Bloomer is coming out of the closet after alll these years!!!! Seems he was running around on Josh with little Bobby and got caught by a nosy 4mer!!!!! Cats out of the bag

SHOE32
05-13-2017, 06:38 PM
It's so funny to come on here and listen to people ,that obviously don't go to the races,talk about how rude and unreasonable bloomquist is to fans. I have met him and talked to him multiple times, whenever he races in the midwest,and he has never been hard to talk to. My son has met him at LaSalle and Cedar lake too. So quit hating and just get out and enjoy the races.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-13-2017, 07:41 PM
It's so funny to come on here and listen to people ,that obviously don't go to the races,talk about how rude and unreasonable bloomquist is to fans. I have met him and talked to him multiple times, whenever he races in the midwest,and he has never been hard to talk to. My son has met him at LaSalle and Cedar lake too. So quit hating and just get out and enjoy the races.Well said, just certain taint ticklers get all wadded up because he doesn't console their every need.

dirtcrazy4u
05-13-2017, 07:44 PM
I no how to stop it.... Bobbie pierce is the next Scott bloomer, he's old and wash up, you watch this kid go. By George he will have won more races than all of them . LOL .

dirtdobber45
05-13-2017, 08:31 PM
I no how to stop it.... Bobbie pierce is the next Scott bloomer, he's old and wash up, you watch this kid go. By George he will have won more races than all of them . LOL .Dont go there. Your just throwing gas bud

BloomerHarvickFan
05-13-2017, 10:56 PM
My point was not that Scott is not fan friendly, or that he should be blowing up twitter all the time, but it would be nice, as a fan to have an idea where he's racing, other than Lucas races.
I just cant figure out why you would actually have a website but not have it updated with schedule information and results.
The best days as far as communication was in the 90's when Don and Barbara ran the fan club and the Bloomquist hotline. You could call and get results, next race, and schedule as far ahead as they knew at that point.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-14-2017, 06:23 AM
My point was not that Scott is not fan friendly, or that he should be blowing up twitter all the time, but it would be nice, as a fan to have an idea where he's racing, other than Lucas races.
I just cant figure out why you would actually have a website but not have it updated with schedule information and results.
The best days as far as communication was in the 90's when Don and Barbara ran the fan club and the Bloomquist hotline. You could call and get results, next race, and schedule as far ahead as they knew at that point.I wasn't implying you man, and I agree, at least a schedule would help. Maybe his daughter will go into web designing.

Black I
05-14-2017, 11:14 AM
He never has been fan friendly. His choice.

First, you have to be a friendy fan. :cool:

Black I
05-14-2017, 11:21 AM
I'm starting understand now all the talk over the years about Bloomer being rude. Look at the people posting that claim :D He's allways been cool when I was around him. :cool:

Krooser
05-14-2017, 11:26 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/krooser/goat_zpsvtrlx2do.jpg (http://s15.photobucket.com/user/krooser/media/goat_zpsvtrlx2do.jpg.html)

Black I
05-14-2017, 11:28 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/krooser/goat_zpsvtrlx2do.jpg (http://s15.photobucket.com/user/krooser/media/goat_zpsvtrlx2do.jpg.html)

Plays the geetar too?

dirtdobber45
05-14-2017, 12:03 PM
Maybe Scott just wants to keep everyone guessing.

Black I
05-14-2017, 12:28 PM
Maybe Scott just wants to keep everyone guessing.

Yaaaaaaaa think? :cool:

Highside Hustler25
05-14-2017, 01:39 PM
He is working on race cars, not playing video games, tweeting, or posting on Facebook.

Same can be said with ONeal, Lanigan, Moyer, Francis, and a few others. The above games you mentioned are more for the younger guys. Can't see Scott facebookin or swittin.

As far as his website, for as long as I can remember, it's not updated very often. Then again, when you sell that many T shirts I guess it doesn't really matter does it.

Krooser
05-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Against my better judgement I have increased my internet presence here on 4M....

Krooser
05-14-2017, 05:39 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/krooser/goat%20with%20guitar_zpsbtoik2gp.jpg (http://s15.photobucket.com/user/krooser/media/goat%20with%20guitar_zpsbtoik2gp.jpg.html)

smooth32
05-15-2017, 05:13 AM
Scott can't post a schedule because if he does the 32 won't show.. Hence Florence a couple weeks back but I am pretty sure the 32 won a 1500$ show in the cornfields of Illinois that night.. Pretty sure the weather was iffy for Florence and It was $3000 and raced at a sponsors home track i believe. You wanna talk about butt hurt? You bloomeroids take the cake! Can't even have a thread about your hero without constantly making pierce references. Jealous much? You nut huggers don't remember the years where your fan friendly driver used to rope his pit area off at Eldora to keep the fans away. Over 200 cars at this event and ole black sunshine is the only one keeping his fans away. He is awesome. PUKE

chupp n bloomer fan
05-15-2017, 05:43 AM
Pretty sure the weather was iffy for Florence and It was $3000 and raced at a sponsors home track i believe. You wanna talk about butt hurt? You bloomeroids take the cake! Can't even have a thread about your hero without constantly making pierce references. Jealous much? You nut huggers don't remember the years where your fan friendly driver used to rope his pit area off at Eldora to keep the fans away. Over 200 cars at this event and ole black sunshine is the only one keeping his fans away. He is awesome. PUKERight, cause the Pierce Pedophiles are so much better. Give me a fukin break man. Have you ever seen how molested he used to get in his pit area. He 100% did it so he could still work on his car. I know it's hard for you to imagine, but there is more than one driver in the world. And judging from his t-shirt trailer and the noise he still creates, yeah, he's still Bloomquist.

You get so fukin hot and bothered b!tching about a guy, over absolutely nothing. But yet, someone picks on your little Romeo and it's armageddon. Like who you like, and others will like who they like, you started you're sh!t over this fan thing, which I don't know wtf you're talking about. You're not a fan, fine, don't speak for those that are when you aren't.

You're the very type that turns people off on Bobby, the ignorant ones running their trap over complete BS. And the same is true when people b!tch about Bobby over nothing, some being Bloomer fans. The hypocrisy you show is hilarious, as well as the lack of common sense.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-15-2017, 05:49 AM
Same can be said with ONeal, Lanigan, Moyer, Francis, and a few others. The above games you mentioned are more for the younger guys. Can't see Scott facebookin or swittin.

As far as his website, for as long as I can remember, it's not updated very often. Then again, when you sell that many T shirts I guess it doesn't really matter does it.Look. I just don't give a sh!t. This has been blown up over nothing. He doesn't update his website, so be it. Should he, yeah, but he doesn't. To turn it into a well he just doesn't like his fans and whatever, get the fuk outta here. Starting sh!t over nothing. Very similar to b!tching about a driver doing donuts after a big win. Same fukin thing.

Highside Hustler25
05-15-2017, 06:19 AM
Look. I just don't give a sh!t. This has been blown up over nothing. He doesn't update his website, so be it. Should he, yeah, but he doesn't. To turn it into a well he just doesn't like his fans and whatever, get the fuk outta here. Starting sh!t over nothing. Very similar to b!tching about a driver doing donuts after a big win. Same fukin thing.

Well, excuse me. Didn't think I was starting sh1t or bitching but oh well, carry on.

smooth32
05-15-2017, 07:48 AM
Right, cause the Pierce Pedophiles are so much better. Give me a fukin break man. Have you ever seen how molested he used to get in his pit area. He 100% did it so he could still work on his car. I know it's hard for you to imagine, but there is more than one driver in the world. And judging from his t-shirt trailer and the noise he still creates, yeah, he's still Bloomquist.You get so fukin hot and bothered b!tching about a guy, over absolutely nothing. But yet, someone picks on your little Romeo and it's armageddon. Like who you like, and others will like who they like, you started you're sh!t over this fan thing, which I don't know wtf you're talking about. You're not a fan, fine, don't speak for those that are when you aren'tYou're the very type that turns people off on Bobby, the ignorant ones running their trap over complete BS. And the same is true when people b!tch about Bobby over nothing, some being Bloomer fans. The hypocrisy you show is hilarious, as well as the lack of common sense.Clear case of "can dish it out but can't take it" you're pathetic

Black I
05-15-2017, 08:03 AM
Clear case of "can dish it out but can't take it" you're pathetic

An exact description of youself. Now go hide for another two weeks lol. Hey, it's the truth man...

Josh Bayko
05-15-2017, 09:43 AM
Bloomer' lack of internet savvy will correct itself once he steps away from driving and puts a younger, more social driver in the car. Driving Bloomer is an introvert and putting all his business out there isn't his style. When somebody else is the face of Bloomquist race cars and he's got to sell cars to keep food on his table he'll be more willing to publicize his dealing in hopes of attracting new customers, because he'll have to.

ThebigE
05-15-2017, 10:20 AM
Bloomer always has ropes around his pit area for the Dream and World.... And he's the only one. Not sure why? Unless he thinks he is so much more special than everybody else.

MI Dirt Fan
05-15-2017, 10:23 AM
Bloomer always has ropes around his pit area for the Dream and World.... And he's the only one. Not sure why? Unless he thinks he is so much more special than everybody else.

If he does, where does it say you can't?

zach51
05-15-2017, 11:01 AM
When Bloomquist ropes his area that is is right to do so. He doesn't have time to run around in a Joker costume. When it comes to 100k he is all business!

If that is the case, the business decision would have been buying some accurate scales instead of the rope.

Black I
05-15-2017, 11:31 AM

It's been going on for many years. Drivers back in the day did it to improve their racing program. It's called the "rope trick" and it works very well.

MI Dirt Fan
05-15-2017, 11:34 AM
We pitted next to a guy one season (multi time LM track Champion) and we are "friends" with the guy but there were always 7-8 people, sometimes more, standing around his car just watching and looking. Not working on it. We had no room to work on our own car, one night I finally had to say something to a few guys unless your working on that car to move out of the way.

Black I
05-15-2017, 11:39 AM
We pitted next to a guy one season (multi time LM track Champion) and we are "friends" with the guy but there were always 7-8 people, sometimes more, standing around his car just watching and looking. Not working on it. We had no room to work on our own car, one night I finally had to say something to a few guys unless your working on that car to move out of the way.

That don't always work.

dirtdobber45
05-15-2017, 03:58 PM
Pretty sure the weather was iffy for Florence and It was $3000 and raced at a sponsors home track i believe. You wanna talk about butt hurt? You bloomeroids take the cake! Can't even have a thread about your hero without constantly making pierce references. Jealous much? You nut huggers don't remember the years where your fan friendly driver used to rope his pit area off at Eldora to keep the fans away. Over 200 cars at this event and ole black sunshine is the only one keeping his fans away. He is awesome. PUKE
Bloomer always has ropes around his pit area for the Dream and World.... And he's the only one. Not sure why? Unless he thinks he is so much more special than everybody else.Like it was said he does it so he can work on his car and doesnt have to worry about people being in the way. DUH.....#boobyflakes are on the prowl..LMFAO....LMFAO

dirtdobber45
05-15-2017, 04:00 PM
Right, cause the Pierce Pedophiles are so much better. Give me a fukin break man. Have you ever seen how molested he used to get in his pit area. He 100% did it so he could still work on his car. I know it's hard for you to imagine, but there is more than one driver in the world. And judging from his t-shirt trailer and the noise he still creates, yeah, he's still Bloomquist.You get so fukin hot and bothered b!tching about a guy, over absolutely nothing. But yet, someone picks on your little Romeo and it's armageddon. Like who you like, and others will like who they like, you started you're sh!t over this fan thing, which I don't know wtf you're talking about. You're not a fan, fine, don't speak for those that are when you aren't.You're the very type that turns people off on Bobby, the ignorant ones running their trap over complete BS. And the same is true when people b!tch about Bobby over nothing, some being Bloomer fans. The hypocrisy you show is hilarious, as well as the lack of common sense.#boobyflakes = Pierce pedophiles... LMFAO

25jrjr
05-15-2017, 04:23 PM
Pretty sure the weather was iffy for Florence and It was $3000 and raced at a sponsors home track i believe. You wanna talk about butt hurt? You bloomeroids take the cake! Can't even have a thread about your hero without constantly making pierce references. Jealous much? You nut huggers don't remember the years where your fan friendly driver used to rope his pit area off at Eldora to keep the fans away. Over 200 cars at this event and ole black sunshine is the only one keeping his fans away. He is awesome. PUKE

It takes a special breed to hang on a GOATs giant nuts.....unlike those 2 chick peas you cling to. I bet ole Boobie, uses 2 peanut shells and a rubber band for a jock stap! :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-15-2017, 04:32 PM
It takes a special breed to hang on a GOATs giant nuts.....unlike those 2 chick peas you cling to. I bet ole Boobie, uses 2 peanut shells and a rubber band for a jock stap! :)

Well well well the lil nat 25 is back lol

Did u see litey anyplace while u were gone?

Clayton_Wetter
05-15-2017, 04:57 PM
Goats don't use the internet

Oh yes they do!!

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd182/DanBurkeis1coolguy/imonyercompe128464785495478750.jpg

Clayton_Wetter
05-15-2017, 04:59 PM

That's to keep wiseguys like you from taking a dump on their equipment.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-15-2017, 05:21 PM
Oh yes they do!!

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd182/DanBurkeis1coolguy/imonyercompe128464785495478750.jpg

That DD45 in his moment hard at it posting on 4M !

GOOD JOB CW!

25jrjr
05-15-2017, 05:44 PM
Well well well the lil nat 25 is back lol

Did u see litey anyplace while u were gone?

Yeah....he's headed to your house for a father/son sitdown! He said he's gonna pull your pants down and spank your butt till you cant sit down! :)

zach51
05-15-2017, 06:31 PM
That DD45 in his moment hard at it posting on 4M !

GOOD JOB CW!

I'm thinkin' CW might be an alright dude now. LOL that is great.

Black I
05-15-2017, 11:10 PM
I'm thinkin' CW might be an alright dude now. LOL that is great.

Now? He always has been an alright dude.

Forward Bite
05-16-2017, 12:35 AM
Go to the pits after a race and talk to Bloomquist. He always takes time to talk to the fans and answer questions.

Black I
05-16-2017, 08:39 AM
When he retires he will be right here on 4m lol and posting all the time. All the Lite Inn's of this forum beware hahaha....

dirtdobber45
05-16-2017, 07:16 PM
That DD45 in his moment hard at it posting on 4M !GOOD JOB CW!Well thank you for calling the G.O.A.T. Id say the females in your family and around the country say the same

dirtdobber45
05-16-2017, 07:23 PM
I'm thinkin' CW might be an alright dude now. LOL that is great.Now here you go using that 'T' word. You shouldnt do things like that. Itll give you a headache..lol

dirtdobber45
05-16-2017, 07:24 PM
When he retires he will be right here on 4m lol and posting all the time. All the Lite Inn's of this forum beware hahaha....The #PPboobyflakes will scatter...lmfao

Black I
05-16-2017, 07:53 PM
Now here you go using that 'T' word. You shouldnt do things like that. Itll give you a headache..lol

Go easy on zach! He knows people!!

Black I
05-16-2017, 07:56 PM
The #PPboobyflakes will scatter...lmfao
Yeah, all two of them hahaha

waaac77
05-16-2017, 10:41 PM
He's also going to buy every 4mer a cookie and a participation ribbon, yay! Brilliant minds on this site.

Chub hasn't had an update on his site for 5 years
Neither has t mac

Let's start a new thread ripping them. That way I can come on here and express my bullsh!t opinion and feel like what I type into my computer will change the world. I'm a fuking internet wh0re it's my life!!!

Black I
05-16-2017, 11:28 PM
Got breaking news, Scott just read all the flack on 4m about no internet flow and he just started a new Facebook page and even a Twitter to satisfy all of us. This man is a real trooper! Ask and you shall receive... Haterade for sale at all Lucas Oil events 2-1

If he read it here then he should have at least posted here too! Damit Scott!

dirtdobber45
05-16-2017, 11:54 PM
Got breaking news, Scott just read all the flack on 4m about no internet flow and he just started a new Facebook page and even a Twitter to satisfy all of us. This man is a real trooper! Ask and you shall receive... Haterade for sale at all Lucas Oil events 2-1Im not on either one. Guess Ill have to pass and read what is said about him on 4m. Its better.

Forward Bite
05-17-2017, 03:15 AM
So, did Scott Bloomquist indicate he will be driving a Mod in the 50 thousand to win mod special at Cedar Lake , Wis. in June ? As you recall Scott got second to Ryan Gustin @ Fountain City, Wis. last September in a $ 40000 to win Mod race.

dirtdobber45
05-18-2017, 11:15 AM
So, did Scott Bloomquist indicate he will be driving a Mod in the 50 thousand to win mod special at Cedar Lake , Wis. in June ? As you recall Scott got second to Ryan Gustin @ Fountain City, Wis. last September in a $ 40000 to win Mod race.He will be at the MAG that wkend.. Lucas show

Forward Bite
05-19-2017, 04:20 AM
Okay, thanks for the info.