PDA

View Full Version : Free admission at florence speedway,a big success!

lazermod3
05-14-2017, 08:42 AM
Hat's off to the king,s for putting on this event.the grandstands were packed,and the spectator's were treated to a great night of racing.

Other track's should consider doing this.

Again: "thank's"

#FALSuperman
05-14-2017, 08:49 AM
My girlfriend, her friend and all their kids went to this race. They said it was a great evening and stands were indeed packed front and backstretch! Pretty sure that place holds 9,000 capacity.

huskerdirt
05-14-2017, 09:12 AM
Hat's off to the king,s for putting on this event.the grandstands were packed,and the spectator's were treated to a great night of racing.

Other track's should consider doing this.

Again: "thank's"

Florence is late to the party in regards to the free admission nights. Tracks have been doing it for years.

Black I
05-14-2017, 11:02 AM
Great way to bring people in who otherwise wouldn't go. I bet they hooked some new fans to the sport by doing this.

Black I
05-14-2017, 11:06 AM
I've seen fan appreciation nites for $5 admission but not a free nite, not around here anyway.

Krooser
05-14-2017, 11:32 AM
I did it at Capital Super Speedway in '83... weekly attendance was about 1200... everyone in the car admitted free with a WISM radio bumper sticker... had 9,000 people... a fire on the front straight... an impromptu wet t-shirt contest while the track was being repaired... ran out of everything except water and popcorn... closed up one tavern and one liquor store after buying every beer they had in stock... weekly attendance went up to 1500 after that night... we cleared $25K after every bill was paid... the boss refused to do it again because he didn't think it was right that all those folks got a freebee...

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Atomic Speedway did a free night last year.

Black I
05-14-2017, 11:51 AM
I did it at Capital Super Speedway in '83... weekly attendance was about 1200... everyone in the car admitted free with a WISM radio bumper sticker... had 9,000 people... a fire on the front straight... an impromptu wet t-shirt contest while the track was being repaired... ran out of everything except water and popcorn... closed up one tavern and one liquor store after buying every beer they had in stock... weekly attendance went up to 1500 after that night... we cleared $25K after every bill was paid... the boss refused to do it again because he didn't think it was right that all those folks got a freebee...

Great story! Got anymore man?