PDA

View Full Version : Two more Rayburn wins...

Krooser
05-14-2017, 01:24 PM
From FB...

Congratulations to Rusty Schlenk (Oakshade) and Dave Hess for Terry Suppa Racing (Wayne County) for both WINNING their features tonight in their 2017 Rayburn Chassis!

Black I
05-14-2017, 01:28 PM
Rusty's Rayburn steels them cherry's again? Well I'll be... :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-14-2017, 01:53 PM
Reserecting of the dead!
A new life has begun!

MaverickSprints
05-14-2017, 04:43 PM
Wait right here, they'll all be back...

Josh Bayko
05-14-2017, 06:16 PM
Dave Hess won some races last year in his Rayburn. There wasn't threads after every win for him. These weekly wins aren't going to get guys lining up to buy them. They gotta win high profile races often to get that.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-14-2017, 06:47 PM
Dave Hess won some races last year in his Rayburn. There wasn't threads after every win for him. These weekly wins aren't going to get guys lining up to buy them. They gotta win high profile races often to get that.
True. But it shouldn't be like that. If you are a UMP racer, a guy like Schlenk should be able to sell you cars. I am sure it is much cheaper than an XR1 and you just got beat by it.

huskerdirt
05-14-2017, 06:48 PM
At least he beat a 20 car field this time around.

Senroc-Systems
05-14-2017, 06:51 PM
40 cars at Oakshade. Max UMP points for Schlenk.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-14-2017, 06:52 PM

Those are hard to come by these days. He has beaten good cars in those smaller fields.

huskerdirt
05-14-2017, 07:06 PM

My mistake.... 30 plus at Oakshade.

Highside Hustler25
05-14-2017, 07:18 PM
Rusty looked stout at Farmer City Thurs. and Fri. Just qualified bad and was buried in heats. He was fast and did pass quite a few cars. For a low budget team, I'd say they're doing OK.

Black I
05-14-2017, 07:18 PM
Wait right here, they'll all be back...

In this regard... CJ wasn't b s ing.

B_K
05-14-2017, 08:13 PM
Sometimes to go fast, you have to slow down.

NWPA
05-15-2017, 05:56 AM
Hess gets another win Sunday at Eriez.

ThebigE
05-15-2017, 07:02 AM
Schlenk had on his schedule Farmer City Thursday and Friday, FALS Saturday and Spoon River Sunday. I take it since he didn't make the show Thursday and Friday he bailed on FALS to pick up some UMP points running at Oakshade.. Not sure if he made it to Spoon RiverSunday or not?

MaverickSprints
05-15-2017, 07:37 AM
The journey of a thousand wins begins with a single victory!
As more and more wins are reported the naysayers and scoffers will have far less to crow about in their ignorance. Too many these days lack the ability to think for themselves and base all their decisions on what the guy next to them is doing and mimic them. Just because a given product is popular and advertised in staggering amounts does not make it better, even if every other lemming around you runs one.

Duke100
05-15-2017, 07:59 AM
The journey of a thousand wins begins with a single victory!As more and more wins are reported the naysayers and scoffers will have far less to crow about in their ignorance. Too many these days lack the ability to think for themselves and base all their decisions on what the guy next to them is doing and mimic them. Just because a given product is popular and advertised in staggering amounts does not make it better, even if every other lemming around you runs one.It does help when said advertised product goes out and wins a couple $100,000 shows. It does take horsepower and set up to win, but winning the big shows still sells chassis's. I would love to see a Rayburn win a big show.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-15-2017, 08:28 AM
The journey of a thousand wins begins with a single victory!
As more and more wins are reported the naysayers and scoffers will have far less to crow about in their ignorance. Too many these days lack the ability to think for themselves and base all their decisions on what the guy next to them is doing and mimic them. Just because a given product is popular and advertised in staggering amounts does not make it better, even if every other lemming around you runs one.
It's not legal to think for yourself. They only want guys who buy stuff in this sport.

goincircles
05-15-2017, 09:21 AM
40 cars at Oakshade. Max UMP points for Schlenk.

40 cars and half the field were sportsman caliber cars lol Reaume,Rulman and Thirlby were contenders that win outside Oakshade omg not to mention Crusty's home track talk to me when he wins something of importance for petes sake.What is wrong with people delusional Over and Out oh where did the big dog Crust start lmao

goincircles
05-15-2017, 09:25 AM
Schlenk had on his schedule Farmer City Thursday and Friday, FALS Saturday and Spoon River Sunday. I take it since he didn't make the show Thursday and Friday he bailed on FALS to pick up some UMP points running at Oakshade.. Not sure if he made it to Spoon RiverSunday or not? You are correct he loves cherries

MI Dirt Fan
05-15-2017, 09:39 AM
40 cars and half the field were sportsman caliber cars lol Reaume,Rulman and Thirlby were contenders that win outside Oakshade omg not to mention Crusty's home track talk to me when he wins something of importance for petes sake.What is wrong with people delusional Over and Out oh where did the big dog Crust start lmao

Why the name calling for?

I think he started about 5th or so.

TTS_JF
05-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Regardless of how many cars there were, caliber of cars, etc. I think it's good to see the Rayburn name again.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-15-2017, 10:10 AM
You are correct he loves cherries

Which is it? Is his car junk or is he picking cherries?

old17ford
05-15-2017, 11:37 AM
Wonder where all the ones on here raced there cars this past week ?

Josh Bayko
05-15-2017, 11:41 AM
True. But it shouldn't be like that. If you are a UMP racer, a guy like Schlenk should be able to sell you cars. I am sure it is much cheaper than an XR1 and you just got beat by it.

Folks want to have the same equipment as the fastest guys who win the biggest races. Even in UMP land, most teams are going to want the stuff that wins the biggest races, too. Rusty has been very fast at a bunch of different style tracks, proving that the car is versatile and that's a great thing, but it's all been weekly stuff so nobody cares.

It may sell a few Rayburns in the Midwest, but teams aren't "coming back" en masse until a Rayburn wins a pile of Summernats, WoO or Lucas races. To even have the chance to do that, they're going to have to run a pile of those races. That's not Rusty's style.

Black I
05-15-2017, 11:44 AM
Wonder where all the ones on here raced there cars this past week ?

To Target and back home to their computers with new and faster keypads.....

MI Dirt Fan
05-15-2017, 12:45 PM
If that's the Rayburn "house" car. Who is calling the shots on where to race? Russ or C.J?

00Hdmn
05-15-2017, 01:12 PM
If that's the Rayburn "house" car. Who is calling the shots on where to race? Russ or C.J?

I think it is a combined effort, CJ is building the new cars and Rusty is supposed to make them look good to sell them, this is per an article that Rusty did on DoD. I hope CJ has built a competitive car and I hope CJ does become relevant again but when Schlenk goes to a couple shows outside of his home area and doesn't make 3 features it cant look good.

Black I
05-15-2017, 01:37 PM
So did we get to the bottom of why Rusty races where he does, or is this still under investigation?

Bigdirtfan
05-15-2017, 06:38 PM
Here we go with the rusty schlenk nonsense again. Hes still at 0 wins of significance for the year. How about this phil he puts on his facebook he will be in illinois thurs-sun but then has return to ohio with his tail between his legs cause things got a little to big in illinois over the weekend. He is the all time king of the ump cherry pickers. Now someone will get on here and say you gotta do what you gotta do hes a full time racer. Thats all fine and good just admit that hes a cherry picker and will never be anything more than that. And who cares what car hes in nobody is ripping on rayburn here.

Highside Hustler25
05-15-2017, 06:49 PM
So did we get to the bottom of why Rusty races where he does, or is this still under investigation?

I think we've come to the conclusion that some think they should be typing out Rusty's racing schedule. To bad they don't have the funds to schedule their own racing fix.

Bigdirtfan
05-15-2017, 07:04 PM
I will pitch in some money to watch him run the whole summernationals. I know going to them until he uses up his provisionals is impressive every year, but to see him run the whole thing would be worth a donation to me. I believe rusty said he has beat everyone in the country one time or another, so lets all pitch in and get this future nascar star launched.

Black I
05-15-2017, 07:10 PM
Here we go with the rusty schlenk nonsense again. Hes still at 0 wins of significance for the year. How about this phil he puts on his facebook he will be in illinois thurs-sun but then has return to ohio with his tail between his legs cause things got a little to big in illinois over the weekend. He is the all time king of the ump cherry pickers. Now someone will get on here and say you gotta do what you gotta do hes a full time racer. Thats all fine and good just admit that hes a cherry picker and will never be anything more than that. And who cares what car hes in nobody is ripping on rayburn here.
Again... Cherry picker indeed. Needs help scheduling races? By all means give him a call... Otherwise, who's he hurting?

Black I
05-15-2017, 07:26 PM
I will pitch in some money to watch him run the whole summernationals. I know going to them until he uses up his provisionals is impressive every year, but to see him run the whole thing would be worth a donation to me. I believe rusty said he has beat everyone in the country one time or another, so lets all pitch in and get this future nascar star launched.

Lol, this goes beyond him just picking cherry's.

play4kps
05-15-2017, 08:34 PM
This is the biggest crock of garbage on the planet! Big deal if he picks his races. He probably has half the money in his car than most top notch drivers, why should he go to those! When you pay his bills then tell him where to go. I have been to oakshade a few times, its a tough track, its a drivers track! ps, I'm no big fan of rusty but the jealous bs on here is getting old!

Krooser
05-15-2017, 08:36 PM
I picked a few cherries in high school....

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-15-2017, 08:45 PM

I don't think he needs your approval to cash his checks. Every win is significant. Let's see you get one.

zyoung25
05-15-2017, 08:51 PM
The man is a racer. He parked beside us at eldora for the season opener. The races finished early that night, he rushed and loaded everything up to go run Attica that same night. Not many guys would want to do that, he has my respect. I never did see how he done that night, or if he even made it in time. They were loaded and gone 15 mins after the late model feature.

Bigdirtfan
05-15-2017, 09:02 PM
How did those checks from Farmer City Thurs and Fri pay out? I have never competed in a dirt late model race nor will I ever so you wont ever see me get one. If I did try to race its quite plausible I would do poorly. I'm a racing fan that enjoys simply trolling on the 4m waiting for people to post about Rusty and then I try to bring some reality to the thread. I'm not jealous of him I just really cant stand him or most of his fans.

MI Dirt Fan
05-15-2017, 09:11 PM

They had those back then? 😂

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-15-2017, 09:26 PM

What happened?

nuff said
05-15-2017, 09:54 PM
He is a racer.The first time I saw him was at Cleveland Speedway (that's in Tennessee)several years ago at The Gobbler.I had never heard of him,he had problems in qualifying and had to run a B main.He made a helluva run but missed a transfer spot. I noticed him that night and he didn't even transfer.Oh yeah,0 UMP points were offered.

dirtdobber45
05-15-2017, 11:18 PM
They had those back then? Not many... I was gettin em in jr.high..lmao

dirtdobber45
05-15-2017, 11:26 PM
Look a cherry picker is a high dollar team that will travel 5 or 6 hrs for 2k rather than go 3 or 4 hrs to a 10k+ race.... To me Rusty is a regional driver racing for CJ.... isnt that what the subject of this discussion is about? CJs cars?

Black I
05-15-2017, 11:28 PM
Not many... I was gettin em in jr.high..lmao

I hope not recently???

dirtdobber45
05-15-2017, 11:28 PM
What happened?And one before I go lay down for the night. SS...... REALLY? I could run with run so many ways but I want... night yall

MI Dirt Fan
05-16-2017, 12:02 AM
SS...... REALLY? I could run with run so many ways but I want... night yall

What???????🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Black I
05-16-2017, 12:29 AM
What???????樂樂樂樂樂

Don't wake him up!

Nasty55
05-16-2017, 12:56 AM
Look a cherry picker is a high dollar team that will travel 5 or 6 hrs for 2k rather than go 3 or 4 hrs to a 10k+ race.... To me Rusty is a regional driver racing for CJ.... isnt that what the subject of this discussion is about? CJs cars?

DD45 everyone knows that this discussion is about CJ's Car's my friend.... But they Also know that Shlenk is a cherry picker at Best as well. He has been doing it for years....

00Hdmn
05-16-2017, 07:35 AM
DD45 everyone knows that this discussion is about CJ's Car's my friend.... But they Also know that Shlenk is a cherry picker at Best as well. He has been doing it for years....

Me personally I don't care where he races, I think a guy should go where he will make money, my problem is all these people that act like these cars are top level cars and they are back on top because of local wins. These people don't need to post every time he wins a local show, I think it hurts more that it helps. Now If he goes out and wins a handful of tough races then yeah that is something to gloat about but until then......

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-16-2017, 07:52 AM
Me personally I don't care where he races, I think a guy should go where he will make money, my problem is all these people that act like these cars are top level cars and they are back on top because of local wins. These people don't need to post every time he wins a local show, I think it hurts more that it helps. Now If he goes out and wins a handful of tough races then yeah that is something to gloat about but until then......

He is beating guys with equal or better equipment. What do you want him to do? He isn't being fed trick products and Rumley device replacements from manufacturers like your favorite Lucas or WoO guy.

Black I
05-16-2017, 08:18 AM
He is beating guys with equal or better equipment. What do you want him to do? He isn't being fed trick products and Rumley device replacements from manufacturers like your favorite Lucas or WoO guy.

Those romley tricks and other products aren't detected very often racing for cherry's. Amen to your post tho.

00Hdmn
05-16-2017, 08:25 AM

Like I said in my post that you clearly didn't understand is that I don't blame him for picking and choosing where he can win and what makes the most sense for their budget but him winning these local shows and then goes to some stiff competition races and doesn't make the A main three straight nights doesn't put these cars back on the map. You have no clue how these cars are being set up now if you think they are still running Rumley device replacements.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-16-2017, 08:36 AM
Like I said in my post that you clearly didn't understand is that I don't blame him for picking and choosing where he can win and what makes the most sense for their budget but him winning these local shows and then goes to some stiff competition races and doesn't make the A main three straight nights doesn't put these cars back on the map. You have no clue how these cars are being set up now if you think they are still running Rumley device replacements.

I have plenty of clues. People have not forgotten what they learned. Once you know what is wrong with something, you continue to find ways to fix it. Even if stupid rules keep knocking them down.

Cast-Iron-Junkie
05-16-2017, 09:02 AM
I'm a racing fan that enjoys simply trolling on the 4m waiting for people to post about Rusty and then I try to bring some reality to the thread. I'm not jealous of him I just really cant stand him or most of his fans.

Let me ask you this, if you are from his region, and you say you are a racing fan, who from this area do you like? Who from this area has wins of substance? The other disrespectful thread you posted you insinuated winning at Oakshade was easy? Is winning a local show at I 55 easy? Is winning a special at Mansfield easy? Peoria local show easy? Is winning an ALMS show at Eldora easy. Quincy local show on Sundays easy? Are any of those wins considered Cherry picking? I just don't understand how you can belittle any of these accomplishments. Who else from that area can match his resume? Five ALMS Championships? Seven Oakshade Track Championships? An UMP National Championship? Not even Kris Patterson, who is a DLM Hall of famer, could win a National Championship. What other race team from his area has accomplished so much? On a local or regional level?

You say you want to "bring reality to the thread"? Not even close. Hatered has altered your preception of reality. It's called delusional. It's not other people, it's you!

I'll wait for your next hate filled fact less response.

fastford
05-16-2017, 09:12 AM
there is nothing wrong with this thread, whats wrong is all the critics posting, i understand some of you have harsh feelings for this guy for some reason but if you dont agree with the thread, then dont post, me personally, i dont care if there wasnt but 5 cars there, he won, and i highly doubt he or CJ gives two sh!ts what the critics on here think. JMHO.......

Black I
05-16-2017, 09:34 AM
Usually the hate for a driver comes from that driver doing things like driving dirty or breaking rules or even simply winning most races entered. Rusty hasn't done any of this that I'm aware of. I don't get the hate thrown at him???

Krooser
05-16-2017, 09:43 AM
I'm glad I didn't mention Rusty's car has leaf springs and a Camaro stub.😁

Black I
05-16-2017, 09:53 AM
I'm glad I didn't mention Rusty's car has leaf springs and a Camaro stub.

Good thing. Also it's probably good u didn't mention Rusty will be in the Bloomers house car when Scott calls 'er quits!

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-16-2017, 09:59 AM
Folks want to have the same equipment as the fastest guys who win the biggest races. Even in UMP land, most teams are going to want the stuff that wins the biggest races, too. Rusty has been very fast at a bunch of different style tracks, proving that the car is versatile and that's a great thing, but it's all been weekly stuff so nobody cares.

It may sell a few Rayburns in the Midwest, but teams aren't "coming back" en masse until a Rayburn wins a pile of Summernats, WoO or Lucas races. To even have the chance to do that, they're going to have to run a pile of those races. That's not Rusty's style.

Without the driver and the tricks of the day from the car winning the races, they just paid up for a cheap imitation. Lol

Josh Bayko
05-16-2017, 11:03 AM
Without the driver and the tricks of the day from the car winning the races, they just paid up for a cheap imitation. Lol

This is true, but it doesn't really matter if said brand keeps winning races. It's why if you were to call Rocket or Longhorn to order a car today, you might have that car by the World.

MI Dirt Fan
05-16-2017, 11:37 AM
Or atleast start building it by then

Bigdirtfan
05-16-2017, 12:07 PM
Cast iron junkie i got a fact for you, one career win for $10000. If all his other wins make him the best ever from our region, it doesnt say much about the region does it. I guess if you and others want to say that weekly wins at tracks that have 15 cars or less are significant thats your right. As far as Oakshade goes its a good place to watch a race on a sat definitely more then 15 cars there. That being said Oakshades group of guys capable of winning in a-main is certainly not what it was 10-15 years ago.

Cast-Iron-Junkie
05-16-2017, 01:19 PM
cast iron junkie i got a fact for you, one career win for $10000. If all his other wins make him the best ever from our region, it doesnt say much about the region does it. I guess if you and others want to say that weekly wins at tracks that have 15 cars or less are significant thats your right. As far as oakshade goes its a good place to watch a race on a sat definitely more then 15 cars there. That being said oakshades group of guys capable of winning in a-main is certainly not what it was 10-15 years ago.

delusional!

Bigdirtfan
05-16-2017, 04:47 PM
If im delusional, then your overalls are strapped on too tight. Enjoy Oakshade every Saturday, myself I like to venture elsewhere from time to time.

Bigdirtfan
05-16-2017, 04:53 PM
Kris patterson, shane yoder, justin paxton, matt miller, rick delong, tony marks, john lawhorn, glenn bradley. Your seeing better at oakshade right now on a weekly basis, come on man.

dirtdobber45
05-16-2017, 07:42 PM
I hope not recently???That was 30+ yrs ago bud. LOL

dirtdobber45
05-16-2017, 07:44 PM
What???????樂樂樂樂樂Nevermind..lol
Don't wake him up!Thank you. Need my rest..lol

Black I
05-16-2017, 07:45 PM
That was 30+ yrs ago bud. LOL

When you were 30? Hahaha

dirtdobber45
05-16-2017, 07:49 PM
DD45 everyone knows that this discussion is about CJ's Car's my friend.... But they Also know that Shlenk is a cherry picker at Best as well. He has been doing it for years....Hello Nasty...good to hear from u bud. Hope all is well

dirtdobber45
05-16-2017, 07:51 PM
When you were 30? HahahaNo...lol but my wife is only 30..lol Im 47

Cast-Iron-Junkie
05-16-2017, 08:00 PM
Kris patterson, shane yoder, justin paxton, matt miller, rick delong, tony marks, john lawhorn, glenn bradley. Your seeing better at oakshade right now on a weekly basis, come on man.

Huh? What does any of that post have to do with this thread?

D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L

Black I
05-16-2017, 08:04 PM
No...lol but my wife is only 30..lol Im 47

My car is a '73 I'm a '61 hahaha

dirtdobber45
05-16-2017, 08:44 PM
My car is a '73 I'm a '61 hahahaThats wife #3... Ive got kids as old as she is...lol I got grankids older than my youngest...lmao

chupp n bloomer fan
05-16-2017, 09:09 PM
Crazy that some of these guys who are just trying to make it, but don't have the funding for an XR1 or Longhorn, are catching so much flack. In the DoD article Rusty did, he was leaning towards an XR1, but the funds weren't there to get one. Then he was thinking of making his own, and ended up coming to an agreement with CJ. Rusty would beautify them, and do a little bit of his own thing, and CJ would do the rest.

At the same time people are hateing on Schlenk, they b!tch about Rocket and Longhorn. Racing is, and always will be, monkey see, monkey do. Rayburn will not reach any prominence without winning bigger races and probably getting a bigger named driver. Hess Jr and Schlenk are both good, but not the household name nor do they have the big pocket book.

Unless you are paying Rusty's bills, he can run wherever makes the most economic sense. Just is what it is, you gotta make some money. And take baby steps, and maybe eventually they'll land a bigger name back in a Rayburn.

Highside Hustler25
05-16-2017, 09:13 PM

Huh? What does any of that post have to do with this thread?

D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L

Ironically, as of now, best post on this thread:D:D:D

Bigdirtfan
05-16-2017, 09:24 PM
Thank you hustler, i thought my post fit with the conversation junkie and i were having, but apparently all the threads on here are supposed to stay on topic or people are delusional. Anyway im done with this thread see you all on the next weekend rusty wins another insignificant race. Yes im sure it will be soon.

JK4745
05-17-2017, 06:55 AM
Every win in a dirt late model is significant. Winning races is not easy to do.

MaverickSprints
05-17-2017, 07:17 AM
...Racing is, and always will be, monkey see, monkey do. ...Only for the Lemming generation, some us can and do think for ourselves.

Every win in a dirt late model is significant. Winning races is not easy to do.True, very true. Pointing out every win, regardless of prominence makes a difference. The hater trolls will always make an excuse to nullify a victory, when it wasn't long ago they were declaring ANY win in a Rayburn/Swing Arm as impossible, regardless of competition or conditions. Then somebody wins and you get a laundry list of stipulations as to why:

Its his home track or home area or home country.
Nobody else was there besides the 23 guys he outran.
The rest of the field were bomber cars, well at least 2 were.
It's not a significant race, because I didn't want him to win.
He didn't win a couple of races this week and changed his schedule, so it's over.
He's gotta win on WoO or Lucas or Nascar or NHRA or it doesn't count.
Mark Richards didnt build that car so it can't actually win anyway, its illegal.
All late models have to come from WV or they are just copies.
Its not really a Rayburn because Rusty put his stickers on it...

and on and on... A win is a win unless it was called on account of rain.

fastford
05-17-2017, 08:17 AM
where is NUFF SAID at , cause you just ended this thread maverick , good job......

Skidoo83
05-17-2017, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=Bigdirtfan;2105329]Kris patterson, shane yoder, justin paxton, matt miller, rick delong, tony marks, john lawhorn, glenn bradley. Your seeing better at oakshade right now on a weekly basisAll of those drivers had huge rides and big money behind them...i watched rusty beat matt miller with matt millers engine from 10 years before that. If people truly knew rusty and what he runs with they would be shocked. That win at i55, if that is not significant your crazy. Everyone laughed when they heard the car will be swingarm hell i had my doubts...you sir dont even know was dlm racing is. Keep on being that keyboard warrior. Just adds fuel to the fire.

Cast-Iron-Junkie
05-17-2017, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=Bigdirtfan;2105329]Kris patterson, shane yoder, justin paxton, matt miller, rick delong, tony marks, john lawhorn, glenn bradley. Your seeing better at oakshade right now on a weekly basisAll of those drivers had huge rides and big money behind them...i watched rusty beat matt miller with matt millers engine from 10 years before that. If people truly knew rusty and what he runs with they would be shocked. That win at i55, if that is not significant your crazy. Everyone laughed when they heard the car will be swingarm hell i had my doubts...you sir dont even know was dlm racing is. Keep on being that keyboard warrior. Just adds fuel to the fire.

Drops the mic, and walks off......

chupp n bloomer fan
05-17-2017, 10:06 PM
Only for the Lemming generation, some us can and do think for ourselves.

True, very true. Pointing out every win, regardless of prominence makes a difference. The hater trolls will always make an excuse to nullify a victory, when it wasn't long ago they were declaring ANY win in a Rayburn/Swing Arm as impossible, regardless of competition or conditions. Then somebody wins and you get a laundry list of stipulations as to why:

Its his home track or home area or home country.
Nobody else was there besides the 23 guys he outran.
The rest of the field were bomber cars, well at least 2 were.
It's not a significant race, because I didn't want him to win.
He didn't win a couple of races this week and changed his schedule, so it's over.
He's gotta win on WoO or Lucas or Nascar or NHRA or it doesn't count.
Mark Richards didnt build that car so it can't actually win anyway, its illegal.
All late models have to come from WV or they are just copies.
Its not really a Rayburn because Rusty put his stickers on it...

and on and on... A win is a win unless it was called on account of rain.Well. As long as there has been competition, everyone wants to be whoever is at the top. It's nothing new, been going on for 100's of years. While it's more accessible if you have money to have the same thing as everyone else, no matter what sport we are talking about, it's always been mirroring the top level people and doing it a touch better than them. It's not something new.

ThebigE
05-18-2017, 08:47 AM
Rusty is one of the nicest guys you will meet. He goes out of his way to say hi, chat with kids and fans or lend a hand to a fellow driver. The amount of racing and traveling he does for the peanut budget he has is remarkable. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the budget for all the best of the best parts in the DLM world. I was hopeful he would find the sponsorship $ to be able to get in an XR1 but that didn't happen. Some may call him a cherry picker, but I call it being smart and doing what you have to do to pay the bills and keep food on the table.

Bradley
05-18-2017, 06:31 PM

I can assure you Glenn Bradley didn't have big money behind him, they was about as shoestring of a budget a race team could have and compete with back in the early 90's. I have no dog in this fight one way or the other about Rusty, it's none of my business, but to lump Glenn Bradley in there with big money behind him the years he was winning and driving the Danny Howell owned 2 car at Oakshade would be crazy.

84GLHTurbo
05-19-2017, 07:30 AM
Dave Hess Jrs. Win at Wayne County Speedway was for a guaranteed starting position in the upcoming WOO race. Hess won a WOO race there a few years back. Maybe C.J. gets his big win there. Hess has been on a rail regionally. 2nd year in Rayburns for the team. Hess can drive with the best of them.

Jim11h
05-21-2017, 10:16 AM
Curious, Hess running swing arm or 4 link and what year chassis?

Krooser
05-28-2017, 01:34 PM
Per CJ's FB page...

Congrats to Rusty Schlenk and the entire RSR crew on another feature win last night! Currently leading the UMP National Points standings!!

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-28-2017, 10:19 PM
Missed an Appleseed victory by about 12".

ThebigE
05-29-2017, 08:55 AM
If Nick Hoffman didn't blow a right rear he wouldn't have even been close to winning.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-29-2017, 08:59 AM
If Nick Hoffman didn't blow a right rear he wouldn't have even been close to winning.

If slack hadn't ruined racing at Eldora, Noonan wouldn't have won. If Wheatland hadn't rained out, Hoffman wouldn't have been in first. If your aunt had external genitalia, she would be your uncle.

One of the top WoO cars and plenty of other good pieces had nothing for that Rayburn.

Krooser
05-29-2017, 11:41 AM
Where's the LIKE button?

Black I
05-29-2017, 12:25 PM

If I'd been more careful with that last fart... I'd still be in the same bloomer underpants too!

Black I
05-29-2017, 12:30 PM
Gooooo Rayburn!!! Get 'em Rusty, get 'em boy!!!!!!!!!!!

MaverickSprints
05-29-2017, 12:58 PM
If, If, If.

If slack hadn't ruined racing at Eldora, Noonan wouldn't have won. If Wheatland hadn't rained out, Hoffman wouldn't have been in first. If your aunt had external genitalia, she would be your uncle.

One of the top WoO cars and plenty of other good pieces had nothing for that Rayburn.
Nominating for best post 2017.

Where's the LIKE button?
I know, right. LIKE, LIKE, LIKE.

ThebigE
05-29-2017, 05:38 PM
I loved seeing that Rayburn run up front. I'm a Rusty fan and his CJ1 looked very impressive! We will see how he fairs at the Dream.

banolte
05-29-2017, 07:05 PM
Hess has a 2017 swing arm car Last year won a bunch of races with a 2016 swing arm car. Same suspension last year as this. I've built several of these cars and they are all running good. I built a 4 link car in 2014 that won 18 crate races 12 the next with a different driver. They are all good if you work on the car instead of worrying about what your neighbor has.