PDA

View Full Version : Winters 4:86 Leakiing

MsterSblt69
05-18-2017, 10:54 AM
I have a question for you guys. We have a brand new (4 races on it) Winters 4:86 rearend. After every feature we notice it leaks fluid as it's all over the rear bumper and back side of the spoiler. We have been putting 3 quarts of fluid in for the past 12 years in our old Tiger rearend and haven't had a problem until now. It appears it's leaking out of the overflow tube that runs down the side of the back rearend cover. Have any others experienced this? I'm tired of cleaning up a oiled up car!

Please help!!

JustAddDirt
05-18-2017, 11:29 AM
how much oil are you filling it with?

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-18-2017, 12:00 PM
I have a question for you guys. We have a brand new (4 races on it) Winters 4:86 rearend. After every feature we notice it leaks fluid as it's all over the rear bumper and back side of the spoiler. We have been putting 3 quarts of fluid in for the past 12 years in our old Tiger rearend and haven't had a problem until now. It appears it's leaking out of the overflow tube that runs down the side of the back rearend cover. Have any others experienced this? I'm tired of cleaning up a oiled up car!

Please help!!

That is where you should fill it. Are you venting there?

MsterSblt69
05-18-2017, 01:42 PM
3 Quarts of oil...

Well it should vent through the fill hose coming down from the deck... Correct?

Drake Racing
05-18-2017, 01:47 PM
I have the same problem, rearend is vented, but blows oil back up into the tank. I found a small hole in top flange of
fill tank and fixed it, hoping this stops all the oil from coming out.

Curt Drake
Late Model #55x

JustAddDirt
05-18-2017, 02:16 PM
is that enough oil?
it says on their website to use plug in front of right axle tube for the ring and pinion gear level, and the plug in the QC section for that level.
dunno if 3 quarts is enough, but I could be wrong.

http://www.wintersperformance.com/2013%20Street%20Rod%20Catalog.pdf
page 41