PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts...after getting home from Luxemburg

Zonks32x
05-20-2017, 02:39 AM
I made the 2.25 hour trek up to Luxemburg tonight from SE Wisconsin. Here's a few observations from tonight's event.

1) As many of you know, the Midwest has been hammered with rain over the last couple days and weeks. That said, I wasn't the least bit surprised to see the grader and pack trucks still on the track at 7:05p.m. when I arrived. What was surprising was how much clay/top surface they took off in order to get this race in tonight. There were piles of wet clay pushed to the infield around the entire track, except the front stretch. In some spots, the clay was 3 foot high. (More on that later).

2) Hot laps started at 7:30pm instead of 6:30. No biggie, gave us time to walk the souvenir alley. I applaud the tracks efforts to do what needed to be done to give the racers a smooth race surface and not a rutted mess. It was tacky early on.

3) Hats off to Luxemburg because they kept the show moving. They ran LM time trials 28 cars (2 at a time), 3 LM heats, 3 mod heats, 2 B-mod heats, Lucas B-main, 2 IMCA stock car heats, and the 50 lap LM feature in 2.5 hours. LM feature finished right around 10p.m. Waited for Babb's interview and then we decided to leave. In the truck by 10:15. (Skipped the mod features and stock car feature...kid has to work at 7am)

4) Speaking of Time Trials
The Dirt Track Dominator got dominated on his second qualifying lap. He dipped the nose too low and hooked it on the pile of clay in the middle of 3 and 4. Can't say I didn't expect someone to do it, just not Bloomer.

5) Bloomer brain fart part TWO
Early in the feature, (Bloomer started 6th), he just flat out got out of the groove again in 3 and 4. Parked it on the top of the track as the field passed him and waited for the caution. It was driver error plain and simple. Even the best have an off night and tonight was his. Cost him a trip to the caboose of the train. Finished last car on the lead lap. Two to three more laps and Babb would have put him a lap down.

6) Babb was fast all night
He was fast in hot laps, he set fast time, won his heat, and took advantage of starting on the pole on a track that locked down. I blame Mother Nature. In order to race, they had to take a lot of material off the top and because the ground is so saturated. They couldn't water because if they did, it would have taken hours for the show to resume. Regardless...it was the same for all 28 drivers and Babb was the best tonight. Congratulations.

7) It was 41 degrees!!
Another reason the track didn't dry out today after Thursday's heavy rains. It was cloudy and cold all day across the entire state. I dislike a train race as much as the next person, but I don't see what the track could have done any different. After a long cold winter w/out racing, I'm not going to complain. I got to see some of the best in the biz, all be it on a track that locked down. The track crew got the place ready to race and they kept the show moving on a night that resembled late October bow hunting weather instead of what we usually have in late May. It was 85 degrees on Tuesday!?!?!

8) Tip of the cap to the Modifieds
They ran 3 heats, first two caution free, and 3rd one was heading that way until lap 7 when a car spun out...again in 3 and 4. B-mods too, raced clean and hard and no caution fest. Thumbs up boys!!

9) Better than LM Heat 3...
Poor Brett Swedeberg. He looped it on the first lap, then on two successive re-starts he had to lock it up and spin to avoid hitting Marlar and Owens who spun in front of him. Then the guy gets taken out later in the race. Lanigan was on a rail and made one of the few passes of the night getting around Bloomer late in that heat.

10) Boom Briggs??
He looks as out to lunch on the LOLMS as he did on the WoO tour. I don't know what's wrong there, but something is definitely amiss. When a full-time touring driver could easily be mistaken for one of the locals because he's back marking with them...just sayin'. To his credit, he was one of the few who passed cars in the feature, 20th to 12th. Francis too....not the same driver as a few years ago.

11) Home Town Hero
Hats off to Jared Siefert who raced his way into the A-main thru the B, and made his first career Lucas Oil A-main start tonight.

12) Frankie Heckenast..only WoO guy tonight?
Thought we might see Shirley too but no such luck. No Feger either? Thought Jason might show up after winning the July 4th CBC race at Luxemburg few years back (year of the Illini deal).

13) The Lucas Oil PA announcer, Just the facts...
He said the LOLMS had never been to Luxemburg prior to tonight. TRUE
He also said Bloomer had never raced at Luxemburg. WRONG!!!
He then strolled down memory lane about the Hav-A-Tampa race in Shawano (from like 20 years ago??)
It was only a couple years ago Bloomer dropped off the Lucas tour mid-year. One of the first tracks he raced at after dropping off was Luxemburg at the CBC race I just alluded too.
Bloomer came up to WI to do some fishing on Lake Michigan and GOT PAID $10K just for pullin' through the pit gate for the CBC race. That 10K certainly took the sting out of Feger beating him and everyone else like a rented mule.
C'mon buddy...you're getting paid to know this crap, I'm not!!

And my final thought...

14) Wrong Number Operator??
You know the difference between the #71 team from IN and the #32 team from IL? One Dad of a second generation driver is SMART enough to know that printing/selling shirts with his son's name on it that say "First name F#cking Last name...Don't Like it Eat S#it and Die" would be a BAD idea, BAD for business, BAD for his son's future and BAD for sponsorship $$.

Apparently nobody associated with the other team gets that, understands that, or cares why their latest t-shirt is a colossal mistake!! While I was wandering souvenir alley, I noticed more than one Mom and Dad with small children who stopped by the #32 souvenir trailer to take a gander only to walk away in disgust.

A) You sell racecars....
I can safely assume that if I call West by God Virginia, to buy a racecar, they won't answer the phone with, "F#ckin' Rocket, Buy One You POS" I'm pretty confident the same is true of Capital, Club 29, etc. Are you in business to sell racecars and make thousands of $ every time you sell one, or are you in business to sell t-shirts to the lowest common denominator, even by dirt track standards, and make $5?

B) Parents like to buy their kids stuff, especially their young kids...but any self-respecting parent with 1/2 a brain is going to think twice about buying your kid-safe merch when they see the message you are projecting front and center in your souvenir trailer and who your apparent target audience is.

C) Did anyone stop to think how current sponsors would react? Future sponsors? Anyone consider what a certain brand of spark plug whose name is on the car might think??? Why don't you send all of their execs one of the new t-shirts so they can wear them proudly knowing their f3cking name is on the side of your f3cking racecar and that they help pay your f3cking bills, so you can race said f3cking car.

That pretty much sums it up. Congrats again to Babb.

Highside Hustler25
05-20-2017, 05:06 AM
Great post Zonks. Watching that race was like watching paint dry but was unaware of the rain and track woes. Mother nature hasn't been to cooperative this year.
I despise the rule that enables a guy to stop on the track, bring out a yellow, and go pitside for tires. This rule needs to be changed. It's just wrong.
Congrats to the Babbster on the win.

george w
05-20-2017, 06:45 AM
Great post zonk, agreed aswell hustler when i was watching on race monitor seen the caution was out an bloomer was in the back i immediately thought to myself "bloomer didn't like the set he had on" lol cant stand the rule dont care who does it or when, same thing when a guy gets caught off guard or gets a bad start at the first drop of the green an they just get out the gas going down the backstretch an they throw the yellow an do a complete restart. But i see the later way more frequently in winged 410's or 360's.....

bullring
05-20-2017, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the insight Zonks. Lots of info for people that couldn't make the trip.

Agree too on the t-shirt deal. Actions of his family and fans cause a lot of hate for the kid.

ptown
05-20-2017, 07:54 AM
I made the 2.25 hour trek up to Luxemburg tonight from SE Wisconsin. Here's a few observations from tonight's event.

14) Wrong Number Operator??
You know the difference between the #71 team from IN and the #32 team from IL? One Dad of a second generation driver is SMART enough to know that printing/selling shirts with his son's name on it that say "First name F#cking Last name...Don't Like it Eat S#it and Die" would be a BAD idea, BAD for business, BAD for his son's future and BAD for sponsorship $$.

Apparently nobody associated with the other team gets that, understands that, or cares why their latest t-shirt is a colossal mistake!! While I was wandering souvenir alley, I noticed more than one Mom and Dad with small children who stopped by the #32 souvenir trailer to take a gander only to walk away in disgust.

A) You sell racecars....
I can safely assume that if I call West by God Virginia, to buy a racecar, they won't answer the phone with, "F#ckin' Rocket, Buy One You POS" I'm pretty confident the same is true of Capital, Club 29, etc. Are you in business to sell racecars and make thousands of $ every time you sell one, or are you in business to sell t-shirts to the lowest common denominator, even by dirt track standards, and make $5?

B) Parents like to buy their kids stuff, especially their young kids...but any self-respecting parent with 1/2 a brain is going to think twice about buying your kid-safe merch when they see the message you are projecting front and center in your souvenir trailer and who your apparent target audience is.

C) Did anyone stop to think how current sponsors would react? Future sponsors? Anyone consider what a certain brand of spark plug whose name is on the car might think??? Why don't you send all of their execs one of the new t-shirts so they can wear them proudly knowing their f3cking name is on the side of your f3cking racecar and that they help pay your f3cking bills, so you can race said f3cking car.

That pretty much sums it up. Congrats again to Babb.

Just more proof that the boobee peerse clan are a bunch of no class idiots.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-20-2017, 08:12 AM
Glad you never completely left man, your posts are well done and very good.

Was definitely a bad points night for Bloomer, sounds like he really stepped on his wiener.

Didn't realize that's what his new shirts are. Can't say I'm surprised. His family and fans are a detriment to him, period.

WisWildManFan
05-20-2017, 08:17 AM
I bet his sponsors for his truck ride are just lining up now! I honestly think bobby is the innocent one of that crew, he probably drives so aggressive and over his head sometimes because he doesn't want to go back to that hauler without a W. If u don't like it eat sh!t

Cardirt0
05-20-2017, 08:38 AM
I bet his sponsors for his truck ride are just lining up now! I honestly think bobby is the innocent one of that crew, he probably drives so aggressive and over his head sometimes because he doesn't want to go back to that hauler without a W. If u don't like it eat sh!t

Someone hit it on the head... if bobby wants to go some were he needs to get in to some ones elses ride...Dads car may be fast, but the rest of it is not helping him at all ...

Kwd1253
05-20-2017, 09:10 AM
Bloomer race there in 2015 for 5k show. Same year JD was unstoppable seem like. I guess people that say he only loads for 10k or better, not so true.

Kwd1253
05-20-2017, 09:15 AM
Bloomer race there in 2015 for 5k show. Same year JD was unstoppable seem like. I guess people that say he only loads for 10k or better, not so true.

Sorry 2013

chupp n bloomer fan
05-20-2017, 09:23 AM
Bloomer race there in 2015 for 5k show. Same year JD was unstoppable seem like. I guess people that say he only loads for 10k or better, not so true.It's a very well known fact he'll race for less if you make it worth his while. Lucky 7 (Ky)and I think Sportsman's(Pa), are two I know of, where they paid him to show up. I don't blame him or anyone else one bit, if you can get free pit passes, or cash, or whatever, to show up somewhere, more power to anyone who can. I would never pay anyone extra as a fan. As a business owner, if there was proof, and the ones who have done it said it did work, I guess so. I just have a hard time giving anyone special treatment.

onlyfacts
05-20-2017, 09:57 AM
I made the 2.25 hour trek up to Luxemburg tonight from SE Wisconsin. Here's a few observations from tonight's event.1) As many of you know, the Midwest has been hammered with rain over the last couple days and weeks. That said, I wasn't the least bit surprised to see the grader and pack trucks still on the track at 7:05p.m. when I arrived. What was surprising was how much clay/top surface they took off in order to get this race in tonight. There were piles of wet clay pushed to the infield around the entire track, except the front stretch. In some spots, the clay was 3 foot high. (More on that later). 2) Hot laps started at 7:30pm instead of 6:30. No biggie, gave us time to walk the souvenir alley. I applaud the tracks efforts to do what needed to be done to give the racers a smooth race surface and not a rutted mess. It was tacky early on.3) Hats off to Luxemburg because they kept the show moving. They ran LM time trials 28 cars (2 at a time), 3 LM heats, 3 mod heats, 2 B-mod heats, Lucas B-main, 2 IMCA stock car heats, and the 50 lap LM feature in 2.5 hours. LM feature finished right around 10p.m. Waited for Babb's interview and then we decided to leave. In the truck by 10:15. (Skipped the mod features and stock car feature...kid has to work at 7am)4) Speaking of Time TrialsThe Dirt Track Dominator got dominated on his second qualifying lap. He dipped the nose too low and hooked it on the pile of clay in the middle of 3 and 4. Can't say I didn't expect someone to do it, just not Bloomer.5) Bloomer brain fart part TWOEarly in the feature, (Bloomer started 6th), he just flat out got out of the groove again in 3 and 4. Parked it on the top of the track as the field passed him and waited for the caution. It was driver error plain and simple. Even the best have an off night and tonight was his. Cost him a trip to the caboose of the train. Finished last car on the lead lap. Two to three more laps and Babb would have put him a lap down.6) Babb was fast all nightHe was fast in hot laps, he set fast time, won his heat, and took advantage of starting on the pole on a track that locked down. I blame Mother Nature. In order to race, they had to take a lot of material off the top and because the ground is so saturated. They couldn't water because if they did, it would have taken hours for the show to resume. Regardless...it was the same for all 28 drivers and Babb was the best tonight. Congratulations.7) It was 41 degrees!!Another reason the track didn't dry out today after Thursday's heavy rains. It was cloudy and cold all day across the entire state. I dislike a train race as much as the next person, but I don't see what the track could have done any different. After a long cold winter w/out racing, I'm not going to complain. I got to see some of the best in the biz, all be it on a track that locked down. The track crew got the place ready to race and they kept the show moving on a night that resembled late October bow hunting weather instead of what we usually have in late May. It was 85 degrees on Tuesday!?!?!8) Tip of the cap to the ModifiedsThey ran 3 heats, first two caution free, and 3rd one was heading that way until lap 7 when a car spun out...again in 3 and 4. B-mods too, raced clean and hard and no caution fest. Thumbs up boys!!9) Better than LM Heat 3...Poor Brett Swedeberg. He looped it on the first lap, then on two successive re-starts he had to lock it up and spin to avoid hitting Marlar and Owens who spun in front of him. Then the guy gets taken out later in the race. Lanigan was on a rail and made one of the few passes of the night getting around Bloomer late in that heat.10) Boom Briggs??He looks as out to lunch on the LOLMS as he did on the WoO tour. I don't know what's wrong there, but something is definitely amiss. When a full-time touring driver could easily be mistaken for one of the locals because he's back marking with them...just sayin'. To his credit, he was one of the few who passed cars in the feature, 20th to 12th. Francis too....not the same driver as a few years ago.11) Home Town HeroHats off to Jared Siefert who raced his way into the A-main thru the B, and made his first career Lucas Oil A-main start tonight. 12) Frankie Heckenast..only WoO guy tonight?Thought we might see Shirley too but no such luck. No Feger either? Thought Jason might show up after winning the July 4th CBC race at Luxemburg few years back (year of the Illini deal).13) The Lucas Oil PA announcer, Just the facts...He said the LOLMS had never been to Luxemburg prior to tonight. TRUEHe also said Bloomer had never raced at Luxemburg. WRONG!!! He then strolled down memory lane about the Hav-A-Tampa race in Shawano (from like 20 years ago??) It was only a couple years ago Bloomer dropped off the Lucas tour mid-year. One of the first tracks he raced at after dropping off was Luxemburg at the CBC race I just alluded too. Bloomer came up to WI to do some fishing on Lake Michigan and GOT PAID $10K just for pullin' through the pit gate for the CBC race. That 10K certainly took the sting out of Feger beating him and everyone else like a rented mule.C'mon buddy...you're getting paid to know this crap, I'm not!! And my final thought...14) Wrong Number Operator??You know the difference between the #71 team from IN and the #32 team from IL? One Dad of a second generation driver is SMART enough to know that printing/selling shirts with his son's name on it that say "First name F#cking Last name...Don't Like it Eat S#it and Die" would be a BAD idea, BAD for business, BAD for his son's future and BAD for sponsorship $$. Apparently nobody associated with the other team gets that, understands that, or cares why their latest t-shirt is a colossal mistake!! While I was wandering souvenir alley, I noticed more than one Mom and Dad with small children who stopped by the #32 souvenir trailer to take a gander only to walk away in disgust.A) You sell racecars....I can safely assume that if I call West by God Virginia, to buy a racecar, they won't answer the phone with, "F#ckin' Rocket, Buy One You POS" I'm pretty confident the same is true of Capital, Club 29, etc. Are you in business to sell racecars and make thousands of $ every time you sell one, or are you in business to sell t-shirts to the lowest common denominator, even by dirt track standards, and make $5?B) Parents like to buy their kids stuff, especially their young kids...but any self-respecting parent with 1/2 a brain is going to think twice about buying your kid-safe merch when they see the message you are projecting front and center in your souvenir trailer and who your apparent target audience is. C) Did anyone stop to think how current sponsors would react? Future sponsors? Anyone consider what a certain brand of spark plug whose name is on the car might think??? Why don't you send all of their execs one of the new t-shirts so they can wear them proudly knowing their f3cking name is on the side of your f3cking racecar and that they help pay your f3cking bills, so you can race said f3cking car.That pretty much sums it up. Congrats again to Babb.Great Post. Glad others sees it the same. When someone like Bobby Pierce is at the top of his sport he has a responsibility to the fans, young people and sponsors to act and present himself in a professional manner not like trash. No corprate sponsor will ever have anything to do with him now. It is ashame with his talent that something like this will tarnish him with sponsors and fans. But the fact is it's done. Not sure whether it was his idea or someone else's but it was a bad one. Another small chassis builders son from WV is driving a car with a stick man on top of an "it" which clearly means F-it. The tracks and series needs to step up and stop this vulgar signage and advertising.

Illtsate32
05-20-2017, 10:00 AM
Cant say I disagree with anything said on this thread...I think Bobby takes a lot of unfair criticism..and if the crew wanted to wear em to make a statement ok...but imo the way to respond to the trash talkers is to go out and win races...If they got these shirts hanging at their apparel trailer, it makes them look bad...

sceneplenty2no
05-20-2017, 10:02 AM
Great post Zonks. Watching that race was like watching paint dry but was unaware of the rain and track woes. Mother nature hasn't been to cooperative this year.
I despise the rule that enables a guy to stop on the track, bring out a yellow, and go pitside for tires. This rule needs to be changed. It's just wrong.
Congrats to the Babbster on the win.

Something folks didn't see at three o'clock in the afternoon ,the water truck out on the track literally trying to drown it with mass quantities of water. Self inflicted damage call by Lucas that backfired and Mother Nature got the blame.

JabberJaws83
05-20-2017, 10:10 AM
May be the dumbest t shirt I've ever saw. It's not even catchy or clever besides the vulgarity

Barbecueboy
05-20-2017, 10:10 AM
Bobby pierce has a souvenir trailer?

turnleftandgasit
05-20-2017, 10:14 AM
The shirt may be a brilliant move by dad to keep a talented driver "stuck" in his late model.

Krooser
05-20-2017, 10:15 AM
Nice to see my old friend Joe Verdegan in the announcing booth helping out last night. Joe worked for me as a promising 15 year old at 141 Speedway in the 80's...

The folks at Luxemburg take racing seriously... we pumped 500,000 gallons of water off the track for an IMCA National Series race years ago... only ran an hour late. Good to see they continued the never say die attitude!

New promoter Eric Mahlik has been a God send helping to keep the track open last year after the county (again) proved to be SOB's to deal with in contract negotiations.

NormP
05-20-2017, 10:32 AM
Something folks didn't see at three o'clock in the afternoon ,the water truck out on the track literally trying to drown it with mass quantities of water. Self inflicted damage call by Lucas that backfired and Mother Nature got the blame.

Why were you at the track at 3 pm for a race that wasn't even scheduled to hotlap until 6:30?

MI Dirt Fan
05-20-2017, 10:38 AM
Why were you at the track at 3 pm for a race that wasn't even scheduled to hotlap until 6:30?

That's not allowed? Alot of people are there 2-3 hrs early

t3r3e3
05-20-2017, 11:26 AM
May be the dumbest t shirt I've ever saw. It's not even catchy or clever besides the vulgarity

That may be the single worst shirt idea in DLM souvenir history. It's offensive, vulgar, and lacking in intelligent thought. It automatically alienates a significant portion of potential customers with the crude, poorly thought out design. Whoever thought that selling it is a good idea is a moron, period.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-20-2017, 11:33 AM
That may be the single worst shirt idea in DLM souvenir history. It's offensive, vulgar, and lacking in intelligent thought. It automatically alienates a significant portion of potential customers with the crude, poorly thought out design. Whoever thought that selling it is a good idea is a moron, period.

Where do we find it?

NormP
05-20-2017, 11:35 AM
That's not allowed? Alot of people are there 2-3 hrs early

How would I know if it's allowed? And what has it got to do with my question?

turnleftandgasit
05-20-2017, 11:36 AM
https://twitter.com/BobbyPierce32/status/864244459831263234

MI Dirt Fan
05-20-2017, 11:38 AM
How would I know if it's allowed? And what has it got to do with my question?

Why do you care that he's there early? Again, alot of people are.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-20-2017, 11:38 AM

Thanks. Not a good look at all... Something I would expect from the small time WV builder.

Krooser
05-20-2017, 11:53 AM
Worst t-shirt idea ever... I'm going to let Pierce know it, too. And I kinda like the kid...

WisWildManFan
05-20-2017, 12:54 PM
Funniest part is bobby doesn't have a "tough" guy image to begin with. Do they make them with cutoff sleeves for big bob? Kid is a wheel man but something is wrong with that posse

NormP
05-20-2017, 01:09 PM

Why do you care if I'm asking him? Are you his spokesman? Quit trying to pick an argument.

427c.i.
05-20-2017, 01:13 PM
I bet parents will just love it when they bring their kids to the races and some tactless clown with that shirt on plops down in front of them.
I don't know what's worse, the people who thought it was a good idea to make and sell that garbage or the kind of person who thinks it's cool and wears something like that.

NormP
05-20-2017, 01:14 PM
Funniest part is bobby doesn't have a "tough" guy image to begin with. Do they make them with cutoff sleeves for big bob? Kid is a wheel man but something is wrong with that posse

I don't hate him like some of the people around here do. I don't mind him at all. But that tee shirt is absolutely the dumbest one I've ever seen.

smooth32
05-20-2017, 01:18 PM
You fools are who the shirt is for! The 4m pierce hater club! Hahaha! He is Bobby F**king Pierce! If you don't like it then eat sh*t! Evidently you guys don't like it! So you know what to do! Hahahahaha. So let's see, here are the stupid replays, I'll save ya'll the trouble. "That's why Bobby has haters" (50000+ Facebook followers disagree) "typical Pierce fans" (we hate the haters too) " his family is his downfall" (not from his fans standpoint) lol " he's overrated" (uh huh, sure he is) "he cares what you 4m bashers think" (um no). Lol. Enjoy your day haters

smooth32
05-20-2017, 01:19 PM
Why do you care if I'm asking him? Are you his spokesman? Quit trying to pick an argument.Her and about 4 others stir the pot all the time. They get off on it!

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-20-2017, 01:30 PM
You fools are who the shirt is for! The 4m pierce hater club! Hahaha! He is Bobby F**king Pierce! If you don't like it then eat sh*t! Evidently you guys don't like it! So you know what to do! Hahahahaha. So let's see, here are the stupid replays, I'll save ya'll the trouble. "That's why Bobby has haters" (50000+ Facebook followers disagree) "typical Pierce fans" (we hate the haters too) " his family is his downfall" (not from his fans standpoint) lol " he's overrated" (uh huh, sure he is) "he cares what you 4m bashers think" (um no). Lol. Enjoy your day haters

He cared enough to make a shirt... Just sayin

huskerdirt
05-20-2017, 01:34 PM

So the shirt was for the 4m haters?!?! That 4th grade mentality won't get you very far.

WisWildManFan
05-20-2017, 01:35 PM
You fools are who the shirt is for! The 4m pierce hater club! Hahaha! He is Bobby F**king Pierce! If you don't like it then eat sh*t! Evidently you guys don't like it! So you know what to do! Hahahahaha. So let's see, here are the stupid replays, I'll save ya'll the trouble. "That's why Bobby has haters" (50000+ Facebook followers disagree) "typical Pierce fans" (we hate the haters too) " his family is his downfall" (not from his fans standpoint) lol " he's overrated" (uh huh, sure he is) "he cares what you 4m bashers think" (um no). Lol. Enjoy your day hatersI'm a smooth32 hater.

WisWildManFan
05-20-2017, 01:37 PM
Actually " don't be a hater" would have been a better shirt

smooth32
05-20-2017, 01:41 PM
i'm a smooth32 hater.and i am sooooooooo glad you are!

t3r3e3
05-20-2017, 02:02 PM
http://www.bobbypierceracing.com

This shirt is a very foolish idea for anyone looking to market themselves to a wider audience. Kids won't wear it. Most women won't wear it. Many men won't wear it. Potential new fans may. offended. This shirt is only a step above graffiti (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)es on public structures. Uncreative, offensive, and juvenile.

zach51
05-20-2017, 02:02 PM
I don't like the idea of the shirt, however don't use the "Oh I'm sure moms and dads and kids will be so upset" argument. Sadly, there are much worse things a kid will encounter in a few hours at the racetrack rather than a t-shirt.

Not that I'm a parent, but if I were, and my child asked what that shirt was about, no sense in sugarcoating it. There is evil nasty things out there, better that they know sooner than later so they can watch out for it.

Barbecueboy
05-20-2017, 02:44 PM

Especially people that actually race or have a vested interest in a team....

Barbecueboy
05-20-2017, 02:53 PM

Blinded by infatuation ......I'm not a hater by any means, but if getting a silly message to all the 4 m haters is more important than acting like the professional you are trying to be then you can pretty much write the rest of the Bobby pierce ambitions over and done with.

Your post is confusing.....you say the shirts are for his 4 m haters yet in the same paragraph ( and in your post above I use that term lightly) you say he doesn't give a dang about 4m.

I did stupid things as a kid too, this one is one of bobbys.

Barbecueboy
05-20-2017, 02:56 PM
And where the heck is the 4 m school Marm that likes to tell everyone how to act and how to behave?

This is right up her alley.....

Forward Bite
05-20-2017, 03:00 PM
Good summary of events by OP. Was Benji Lacrosse racing his modified ?

MI Dirt Fan
05-20-2017, 03:04 PM
Especially people that actually race or have a vested interest in a team....

I hear ya. Not sure what his deal is or why he cares so much why someone was there early. Then he gets all offended when someone ask him something. Typical for him I guess.

Krooser
05-20-2017, 03:50 PM
I kinda like Bobby's rim-riding driving style. He'll get better at traffic management and settle down after he matures a bit.

BUT......

I made a post about those new f*ck t-shirts... told 'em I didn't like 'em and they would alienate fans and families... those who are on FB should do the same...

MUD MAESTRO
05-20-2017, 04:01 PM

T shirts are Disappointing to say the least.....You can tell a persons character by what he scribbles on a piece of paper.

plunks7
05-20-2017, 04:09 PM
Bobby took a line out of WWE (Seth Fricking Rollins) is how I took it. Its just a joke I believe he is implying. I 've seen a lot worse shirts. But image is EVERYTHING!!!

Clayton_Wetter
05-20-2017, 04:18 PM

Norm, are you having a bad day??? :)

Clayton_Wetter
05-20-2017, 04:20 PM

What a rediculous Tee shirt.

cgrace
05-20-2017, 04:48 PM
I am not a pierce fan, buyt not a hater by any means. he just isnt one of the guys i root for. I agree with others that shirts are disappointing to say the least. i was told they were for fairbury fans. SHIRT DOES BOTHER ME might be old school but i think as a parent I wouldn't want to have to explain it to my kids. but perhaps his fans love them.

ClampedUp
05-20-2017, 05:41 PM
For a young driver that has desire to move on to the NASCAR ranks this is the kind of stuff that doesn't impress car owners and good sponsors. Especially if that young driver isn't bringing a heavy checkbook with him.

President Clinton
05-20-2017, 05:45 PM
Just shows his and who ever is marketing him has very little intelligence. I kinda thought he and his family wanted him in NASCAR????? (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) like this will surely not fly in that circle. What kinda business would want something like that for their spokesman????? Very immature. But for me , I like it, but wouldn't be caught dead wearing it! LOL

Bigdirtfan
05-20-2017, 06:19 PM
I enjoy watching bobby pierce race, he has been a huge addition to late model racing as a whole. That shirt may be the dumbest and most offensive racing shirt ive ever seen. If you think its cool youre white trash period.

Rayburnt
05-20-2017, 06:47 PM
i think the biggest problem in NASCAR is how they've made a mold of how you need to be to market yourself. I'm sick of looking at the squeaky clean groomed children that take a sip of their Coke right before an interview. I'm not a big fan of the shirt, but maybe someone mixing it up a bit would make it a little less polished and boring. Like the old days when drivers were a little rough and said what they were thinking.

Illtsate32
05-20-2017, 06:48 PM
Im not sure what it takes to get a nascar ride..I thought enough talent would trump most things running 2nd to bell and trading sliders with larson for the win in a few starts isnt enough then idk... at least a truck opportunity...without the blind bias nobody can argue he is twice the driver as tyler red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) look where he is....

President Clinton
05-20-2017, 07:15 PM
Maybe they should hire PR/Marketing people???? A shame for stupidity to hold a kid back. I don't care for them but he has talent but more than likely will just be another regional racer. There is no financial future in that! Nothing wrong with it, just could have done much better with a little guidance

B_K
05-20-2017, 07:19 PM
I'm a fan of 32's talent. Don't think I've ever said a discouraging thing about him ever.

That shirt is a flat terrible idea. If he desires to race for his dad in the Midwest forever, go ahead and do whatever. If he wants to move beyond that, it's going to take the entire package. Talent unfortunately is not enough. Lots of people have talent albeit not as much as Pierce. To get to what I assume is his end goal, he'll need major backing, a break or two, and a marketable image. You don't get that by alienating half the people in the stands with a shirt. Most of those people will never meet him. They go home with the perception of him seeming like a punk because that's how that shirt comes across.

His shirt, his choice, but if I had his talent I'd be marketing myself in a much better manner.

Barbecueboy
05-20-2017, 07:54 PM
I'm a fan of 32's talent. Don't think I've ever said a discouraging thing about him ever.

That shirt is a flat terrible idea. If he desires to race for his dad in the Midwest forever, go ahead and do whatever. If he wants to move beyond that, it's going to take the entire package. Talent unfortunately is not enough. Lots of people have talent albeit not as much as Pierce. To get to what I assume is his end goal, he'll need major backing, a break or two, and a marketable image. You don't get that by alienating half the people in the stands with a shirt. Most of those people will never meet him. They go home with the perception of him seeming like a punk because that's how that shirt comes across.

His shirt, his choice, but if I had his talent I'd be marketing myself in a much better manner.
Thread over, drop the mic........excellent BK, excellent.

kidrock
05-20-2017, 08:05 PM

Thread over, drop the mic........excellent BK, excellent.

I agree 100% with what B.K. said

Zonks32x
05-20-2017, 09:25 PM
Forward Bite,

Yes, Benji was there in the modified, 54j I right?
Absolutely dominated mod heat 3. Track announcer said top 4 from each mod heat went to a re-draw. Think he staryed 12th in the feature. Track was locked down after LM feature. Mullen and a couple other solid mod guys were in the house.

KAOS
05-20-2017, 09:51 PM
I thought the Skeleton/Grim Reaper in Back giving the Bird was a classy touch! It definitely makes you wanna cut off your sleeves grow a mullet,drink some beer and cheer ol BUBBY F**CKIN PIERZE JUNYA

smooth32
05-20-2017, 09:55 PM
I thought the Skeleton/Grim Reaper in Back giving the Bird was a classy touch! It definitely makes you wanna cut off your sleeves grow a mullet,drink some beer and cheer ol BUBBY F**CKIN PIERZE JUNYAYes I agree. The people b!tching are the ones I expected to b!tch...the pierce fans love it! Again, if you don't like it, eat sh!t, for real EAT IT! Lol hahahaha

Barbecueboy
05-20-2017, 10:17 PM
Some people you just can't reach.......

B_K
05-20-2017, 10:21 PM
Some people you just can't reach.......

Class isn't for everyone I suppose.

Funny how pretty much everyone that does not have a 32 in their handle can grasp how bad of an idea that was. But hey we're just haters. Never mind the fact I've always enjoyed watching the kid race.

slydejob18
05-20-2017, 10:33 PM
Congrats to Shannon and crew. Nice to see things beginning to turn around. Perfect timing with big shows coming up.

Go get em at Wheatland next week.

Go 18!!

huskerdirt
05-20-2017, 10:48 PM
Little Bobby should probably distance himself from people like smooth32.

cgrace
05-20-2017, 11:01 PM
Congrats to Shannon and crew. Nice to see things beginning to turn around. Perfect timing with big shows coming up.Go get em at Wheatland next week.Go 18!!Congrats looks like Babb is going to have a great year

TBSprintFan
05-21-2017, 04:38 AM
I bet parents will just love it when they bring their kids to the races and some tactless clown with that shirt on plops down in front of them.
I don't know what's worse, the people who thought it was a good idea to make and sell that garbage or the kind of person who thinks it's cool and wears something like that.

Excellent post, anybody that wears one at a track should be kicked out because of kids being around. Was a fan but after this you can see that there is no one with brains in that organization to allow this to happen. Hopes he looses all his sponsors.

ClampedUp
05-21-2017, 05:37 AM
Yes I agree. The people b!tching are the ones I expected to b!tch...the pierce fans love it! Again, if you don't like it, eat sh!t, for real EAT IT! Lol hahahaha

I have never said one word about this kid either good or bad because IMO I don't feel he has raced long enough for me to form an opinion on his racing career until now when I disagreed with this profane shirt which says a lot about moral character.
A person with good moral character would just smile and or walk away and use the negative comments and "hate" to make them stronger and a bigger person and not use a vulgarity laced shirt to drop down to the "haters" level.
But then again in today's society good/high moral character is swiftly becoming an endangered species as seen daily on the news and social media......

MaverickSprints
05-21-2017, 06:09 AM

It was $5K + $10K(show up money) = $15K. It's still true, but only for one night events. And its Bloomer who said it.

As to the T-shirt deal, wow. Not smart on so many levels, just wow. I thought for sure he was going to Nascar, I guess now we're stuck with him....

bullring
05-21-2017, 07:38 AM
I don't understand why they put sleeves on the shirt.

NormP
05-21-2017, 08:45 AM
I hear ya. Not sure what his deal is or why he cares so much why someone was there early. Then he gets all offended when someone ask him something. Typical for him I guess.

Haha I'm not sure why it bothers you so much that I ask someone else a question, but I definitely don't get offended when you ask me something. I ask a simple question and you get your panties in a wad.

Quit being such a whiny little girl. We have enough of those around here already.

NormP
05-21-2017, 08:54 AM
Norm, are you having a bad day??? :)

Not at all old friend. I asked a simple question just trying to see how people treat race day, and MI Dirt Fan blew it out of proportion and decided to get offended for the guy to whom I was actually addressing the question.

He would make a good liberal, reading stuff into questions that wasn't there, pretending to represent other people instead of letting them answer for themselves, and then whining when someone thinks he's full of (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).

Anyway as most topics go around here, this ones starting to circle the drain, so I'll move on and let the idiot crew take over.

MI Dirt Fan
05-21-2017, 09:24 AM
You didn't ask him any specific questions, just why he was there 3 hrs early.

dirtcrazy4u
05-21-2017, 09:29 AM
It's a TEE SHIRT. People bash the kid constantly. Some think Bloomer is going to be around until he is wearing diapers. After all the crap that's been said about him on 4m I could see why he came up with the shirt. Nobody is holding anyone hostage to run out and buy it. People that talk sh** on him constantly need to remember this kid is young. Maybe he's had enough and hopes to sell as many shirts as possible just to piss all the haters off. Count them at the world 100, if he has any left.

#FALSuperman
05-21-2017, 09:36 AM
Yes I agree. The people b!tching are the ones I expected to b!tch...the pierce fans love it! Again, if you don't like it, eat sh!t, for real EAT IT! Lol hahahahaSorry, I have to disagree with you on this one. I know a couple of HUGE Bobby Pierce fans, and they both are not happy at all about this shirt. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I've seen plenty of Pierce fans make comments about how this shirt was a bad idea.

smooth32
05-21-2017, 09:55 AM
Blinded by infatuation ......I'm not a hater by any means, but if getting a silly message to all the 4 m haters is more important than acting like the professional you are trying to be then you can pretty much write the rest of the Bobby pierce ambitions over and done with.Your post is confusing.....you say the shirts are for his 4 m haters yet in the same paragraph ( and in your post above I use that term lightly) you say he doesn't give a dang about 4m.I did stupid things as a kid too, this one is one of bobbys.Let's talk about this shirt. Btw I have zero affiliation with Pierce. It's a shirt. So far, everyone on here says the shirt is bad for children, sponsors, and image. That seems to be what everyone brings up. First sponsors. How many of you sponsor Pierce? None? Well I think that should be left up to the sponsors decide. You know what I mean? I mean if his sponsors have a problem with the shirts then I'm sure they would tell Pierce and they would promptly taken off the shelves. As far as future sponsors, some will love it and some will hate it you'll never make everyone happy. Secondly the image. Some might find the Bloomquist crotch chop equally or more so offensive. The shirt pretty much says how he feels. I'm Bobby f**cking Pierce. I am me. I am who I am. (Goes back to you can't please everyone) if you don't like me for who I am, if you are going to talk crap about me, that's fine "eat sh*t" Who doesn't feel like that? If you one of your friends talked sh*t about you, lied about you, wouldn't you tell them to hit the bricks aka eat sh*t? So pretty much if you don't like him eat sh*t. Lastly the kids. The most delecate of all. If they are old enough to decipher F**cking then they are old enough not to worry about what a shirt says. No worse than a pot plant on a shirt, or any other potentially inappropriate tee shirt. Now if the ones you worry about are a little younger, then here is a question I have for you. How do they know what the work f*cking means? How do they know it's bad? How do they know the middle.finger is bad? The only way would be if they heard it used or seen around the people they are around, you! So if your "little" kid is offended by F**cking, shame on you! Why would you teach your kid that at a young age? It's a shirt. If you don't like it don't buy it. it's just a shirt. He can get bashed but if he gives a little of it back he is 4m enemy number one and anyone who likes him is a boobyflake, and can't have an opinion on here without feeling the wrath. Lighten up Francis. Just my opinion of the shirt. Let him have a little banter with his haters. If your truly offended then that shirts for you.

Highside Hustler25
05-21-2017, 10:08 AM
Maybe Gerald Newton is partly behind this. 4000 hits about a T shirt? This could be a Pierce/Newton collaboration.

The bait was set, and the bobber has disappeared. Fish ON!

kidrock
05-21-2017, 10:11 AM
One thing I have to say is I don't know of to many sponsors that would be happy with that image but, it's their right as a race team to do want they want and then they and not anyone else will have to endure what ramifications come from it.

I know if I was a sponsor I would go to them and tell them I could not support this. It's bad for business.

I understand what your trying to say about kids already seeing this or things just as bad but, that doesn't make it right. I didn't go around and encourage my son to keep saying cuss words just because he may have heard them from me or anyone else for that matter.

Highside Hustler25
05-21-2017, 10:17 AM

In 2015 Scott dropped in @ F.C. for the $6000 preliminary night and spanked the field only to pull out that night Baltimore Colt style and skip the big pay day(Illini 100). So yes, you are right. Scott DOES race for less than 10000 doughnuts when the logistics are right.

turnleftandgasit
05-21-2017, 10:18 AM
If a shirt of this nature was good for business, you would see them everywhere.

smooth32
05-21-2017, 10:22 AM
Maybe Gerald Newton is partly behind this. 4000 hits about a T shirt? This could be a Pierce/Newton collaboration.The bait was set, and the bobber has disappeared. Fish ON!As the old saying goes, there is no such thing as bad publicity. People forget things like Earnhardt (the old man), when he was coming up, before the #3 goodwrench car, he was criticized for his aggressive driving. Take the Busch brothers, it used to be every week they were taking turns fighting someone in the pits. Image? Has t hurt them much I'd say. Can't imagine a shirt ruining ones career.

#FALSuperman
05-21-2017, 10:23 AM
Smooth32...so you are saying that "fans who are offended by the shirt, that shirt is for you." Being that many Bobby Pierce fans are indeed offended by the shirt, by this logic of yours I guess he is the first late model driver to come out and tell some of his own fan base to "eat sh*t". I get what you are trying to say, to me however it isn't as simple as saying this shirt is for all the "Bobby haters", because in in turn you are alienating a broad base of Bobby fans (who disagree) and even a possible future fan base as you continue to mature into a veteran late model driver. You think the Pierce Posse was the first ones who ever wanted to slap this on a t-shirt?

smooth32
05-21-2017, 10:24 AM
If a shirt of this nature was good for business, you would see them everywhere.Go to Eldora in September. You'll see them everywhere.

turnleftandgasit
05-21-2017, 10:31 AM
I don't go to Eldora. If I wanted to be around a bunch of drunks, I could go to my local bar.

smooth32
05-21-2017, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=#FALSuperman;2106529]Smooth32...so you are saying that "fans who are offended by the shirt, that shirt is for you." Being that many Bobby Pierce fans are indeed offended by the shirt, by this logic of yours I guess he is the first late model driver to come out and tell some of his own fan base to "eat sh*t". I get what you are trying to say, to me however it isn't as simple as saying this shirt is for all the "Bobby haters", because in in turn you are alienating a broad base of Bobby fans (who disagree) and even a possible future fan base as you continue to mature into a veteran late model driver. You think the Pierce Posse was the first ones who ever wanted to slap this on a t-shirt?[/QUOTEUnfortunately some won't like it. But I think Pierce was just jabbing back. Were these same fans you speak of that are offended, were they also offended when the great fans of fals slapped a derogatory decal on his hauler? I mean they physically defaced his personal property and it was applauded on here. What did Pierce do? He had fun with it. He didn't whine, he laughed even though I'm sure he didn't like it. So if he's gonna lose a fan over a shirt I don't think they are much of a fan. Don't buy it.

smooth32
05-21-2017, 10:35 AM
I don't go to Eldora. If I wanted to be around a bunch of drunks, I could go to my local bar.Not everyone that goes to Eldora is a drunk!

turnleftandgasit
05-21-2017, 10:41 AM
Did I say everyone........No I did not. Are you saying there isn't a bunch of drunks there? Seems to me most people that go describe it as a party that a race broke out at. I choose to not deal with that. Most people I know that don't go anymore say that dealing with the drunks is what ran them off.

smooth32
05-21-2017, 10:54 AM
Did I say everyone........No I did not. Are you saying there isn't a bunch of drunks there? Seems to me most people that go describe it as a party that a race broke out at. I choose to not deal with that. Most people I know that don't go anymore say that dealing with the drunks is what ran them off.There are drunks at every track. There are more at Eldora because there is 50000 fans there vs 2000

bullring
05-21-2017, 11:11 AM
New Eldora t-shirt

"If you don't like that I'm drunk, eat (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)."

smooth32
05-21-2017, 12:58 PM
New Eldora t-shirt"If you don't like that I'm drunk, eat (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)."That's awesome

plunks7
05-21-2017, 01:10 PM
In 2015 Scott dropped in @ F.C. for the $6000 preliminary night and spanked the field only to pull out that night Baltimore Colt style and skip the big pay day(Illini 100). So yes, you are right. Scott DOES race for less than 10000 doughnuts when the logistics are right.

Scott has a Big time sponsor around that area. That is why he raced the CBS a few years ago.

Barbecueboy
05-21-2017, 03:43 PM
Let's talk about this shirt. Btw I have zero affiliation with Pierce. It's a shirt. So far, everyone on here says the shirt is bad for children, sponsors, and image. That seems to be what everyone brings up. First sponsors. How many of you sponsor Pierce? None? Well I think that should be left up to the sponsors decide. You know what I mean? I mean if his sponsors have a problem with the shirts then I'm sure they would tell Pierce and they would promptly taken off the shelves. As far as future sponsors, some will love it and some will hate it you'll never make everyone happy. Secondly the image. Some might find the Bloomquist crotch chop equally or more so offensive. The shirt pretty much says how he feels. I'm Bobby f**cking Pierce. I am me. I am who I am. (Goes back to you can't please everyone) if you don't like me for who I am, if you are going to talk crap about me, that's fine "eat sh*t" Who doesn't feel like that? If you one of your friends talked sh*t about you, lied about you, wouldn't you tell them to hit the bricks aka eat sh*t? So pretty much if you don't like him eat sh*t. Lastly the kids. The most delecate of all. If they are old enough to decipher F**cking then they are old enough not to worry about what a shirt says. No worse than a pot plant on a shirt, or any other potentially inappropriate tee shirt. Now if the ones you worry about are a little younger, then here is a question I have for you. How do they know what the work f*cking means? How do they know it's bad? How do they know the middle.finger is bad? The only way would be if they heard it used or seen around the people they are around, you! So if your "little" kid is offended by F**cking, shame on you! Why would you teach your kid that at a young age? It's a shirt. If you don't like it don't buy it. it's just a shirt. He can get bashed but if he gives a little of it back he is 4m enemy number one and anyone who likes him is a boobyflake, and can't have an opinion on here without feeling the wrath. Lighten up Francis. Just my opinion of the shirt. Let him have a little banter with his haters. If your truly offended then that shirts for you.

As earlier stated....blinded by infatuation.

Never once said or thought you were affiliated.

The shirt is a bad idea, unless you just want to be a t shirt superstar.

And clearly, you don't have children of your own......the word f..k is heard by third grade.

Barbecueboy
05-21-2017, 03:45 PM
Go to Eldora in September. You'll see them everywhere.

I'll take the under on that for 100.....

Barbecueboy
05-21-2017, 03:49 PM
As the old saying goes, there is no such thing as bad publicity. People forget things like Earnhardt (the old man), when he was coming up, before the #3 goodwrench car, he was criticized for his aggressive driving. Take the Busch brothers, it used to be every week they were taking turns fighting someone in the pits. Image? Has t hurt them much I'd say. Can't imagine a shirt ruining ones career.

Putting Bobby in the same category as those you mentioned is laughable......actually no, it's borderline hilarity.

And I like the kid.

Barbecueboy
05-21-2017, 03:53 PM
That's awesome

Would I be close if I guessed you were about 18/19?

Not slamming, just trying to understand the logic of who I'm talking to.

ReignMan23
05-22-2017, 10:59 AM
Smooth32, you are not very smart. If I was Bobby, I would have taken your keyboard privileges away long ago. Every comment you make only hurts Bobby and alienates himself and his fans. It's cool that you guys SAY you don't give a crap, but your actions and comments are completely contradictory. The reason Bobby will never make it to NASCAR is because the Pierce family will never have enough money to entice a NASCAR team.(Has 0 to do with talent, the kid could drive circles around some of those fools.) NASCAR is not home to the best drivers in the world, those guys drive F1, NASCAR is where the richest, most popular characters play. Now Smooth, if you could please shut your trap and let Bobby's driving do the talking, which he does plenty well on his own, he'll have a hell of a career. If not that's okay too. You are an entertaining fella and I enjoy replying to you.

dmr37
05-22-2017, 11:45 AM
so far in this thread we've had posts about the race at Luxemburg, Bobby Pierce's t-shirt, getting to the track early, does Bloomquist race for under 10k, and drunks at Eldora

zach51
05-22-2017, 12:09 PM
so far in this thread we've had posts about the race at Luxemburg, Bobby Pierce's t-shirt, getting to the track early, does Bloomquist race for under 10k, and drunks at Eldora

Lol also some parenting tips! I feel like we've covered the bases!

Chadly329
05-22-2017, 02:23 PM
Actually " don't be a hater" would have been a better shirt

I think "#AnybodyButBobby" would be better yet!

Clayton_Wetter
05-22-2017, 04:55 PM
There are drunks at every track. There are more at Eldora because there is 50000 fans there vs 2000

50 thousand fans at Eldora? You might be under 18 or 19???

Illtsate32
05-22-2017, 05:28 PM
4m where everybody knows everything lol more informative than you tube...just ask somebody will tell u...

Barbecueboy
05-22-2017, 08:32 PM
I think "#AnybodyButBobby" would be better yet!

Park that one beside bobbys souvenir trailer and see who sells out first at eldora.

Can't put the genie back in the bottle, but I'll bet they are rethinking that whole idea....it was a great idea at the shop and probably got a few laughs.

Reminds me of " new Coke".......looks great on paper at the time.

And again, I love watching him race......

Barbecueboy
05-22-2017, 08:43 PM
50 thousand fans at Eldora? You might be under 18 or 19???

Everything looks bigger when you're a kid........I remember my dad was a huge figure when I was young, by the time I was 15 and 3 inches taller than him and he wasn't such a big guy after all.

Eldora seating capacity is around the 20k mark last time I checked.........

20 k......50k.......not much difference I guess, unless your trying to be accurate and factual with the information.