PDA

View Full Version : New format for the Prairie Dirt Classic announced

Shiny Side Up 18
05-23-2017, 06:56 PM
http://fairburyspeedway.com/news/270-prairie-dirt-classic-sets-new-race-format-payouts-and-weekend-information-for-the-world-of-outlaw-craftsman-late-model-series-30-000-to-win-event-on-july-28th-29th

HoosierDirtFan
05-23-2017, 07:10 PM
http://fairburyspeedway.com/news/270-prairie-dirt-classic-sets-new-race-format-payouts-and-weekend-information-for-the-world-of-outlaw-craftsman-late-model-series-30-000-to-win-event-on-july-28th-29th

Not bad. Looks to be a good format as far as I'm consigned. Little bit more racing to.

ptown
05-23-2017, 07:28 PM
Awesome......Friday night four 25 lap races for $2500 each, top 4 to the feature.

golddirt
05-24-2017, 07:45 AM
Still won't see
Me there and I know I won't be missed

NormP
05-24-2017, 07:54 AM
Everyone talks about how great the racing surface is at this track and I don't doubt it's true, will they have any trouble keeping it in good shape all night? I think it's great they want to add more racing.

chathamracefan
05-24-2017, 09:21 AM
They should be able to keep it in shape. They also aren't afraid to come out & work the track during the show. They put plenty of H20 in it before the races start. I think this new format will be really good. Gives more time for things to develop & a guy that didn't qualify good to come from say 10th starting spot up to the front or at least to make the direct transfer in the top 4.

Highside Hustler25
05-24-2017, 10:01 AM
I know I'd rather watch four 25 lap races than six 15 lap heat races. I liked the plan FALS had with 15 lap heats instead of the typical 10 lap sprints. As close a times these guys are turning, it's hard to make ground in 10 laps. Four 25 lap qualifiers should make for some great racing. Great idea.
As far as the track surface, like Chathamracefan said, those guys sometimes rework the track numerous times per night. I don't see that as being any kind of issue.
A couple weeks ago, for the ALMS race, it started out bottom dominate. Track crew made some minor track prep adjustments and by feature time, the top and bottom were pretty equal. That's what you strive for in a track surface and this place usually gets it right.

427c.i.
05-24-2017, 10:59 AM
I'm a bit bummed that the Friday fan race seems to be gone, I thought that was a great idea with the drivers drawing for starts and getting to pass on the bad spots to other drivers. But, I like the idea of the 4 features on Friday. Even if you qualify bad you still have a shot to get to the front in a 25 lapper.

Snake X3
05-24-2017, 11:12 AM
That's what Rigsby was pushing for...25 lap features because the fans attention span is too short.

I think it's a great format. I used to love the twin 25s they ran back when I was a kid. Four will be even better. It adds something unique to the weekend. More power to 'em.

#FALSuperman
05-24-2017, 11:21 AM
They finally announced it! I had mentioned something about this a month ago. Glad to see it "official" now. Fans get to see a total of 200 laps for 5 features, and that doesn't include the B-mains. Great stuff!

ptown
05-24-2017, 12:27 PM
I'm a bit bummed that the Friday fan race seems to be gone, I thought that was a great idea with the drivers drawing for starts and getting to pass on the bad spots to other drivers. But, I like the idea of the 4 features on Friday. Even if you qualify bad you still have a shot to get to the front in a 25 lapper.

The fan race was nothing but a popularity contest, thank god its history now if they'd just leave the anthem singing con man in Chicago and let a local high schooler sing the anthem.

racingfool32
05-24-2017, 01:32 PM
The fan race was nothing but a popularity contest, thank god its history now if they'd just leave the anthem singing con man in Chicago and let a local high schooler sing the anthem.

Best 9 hours we travel to see a race the last 2 years.

HoosierDirtFan
05-24-2017, 02:39 PM
Fairbury American Legion Speedway
Fairbury, Illinois
www.fairburyspeedway.com
Prairie Dirt Classic Flyer
http://i67.tinypic.com/ohilxz.jpg