PDA

View Full Version : J. Davenport

george w
05-26-2017, 04:27 PM
Will he make the show-me? If so on points?b-main?last chance race? He's sitting mid pack 34th right now in points.... .tonight could be make or break, whats your predictions? I'm guessing he misses the show altogether but i hope I'm wrong at the same time....

zach51
05-26-2017, 05:28 PM
Why don't we just watch and see...

Highside Hustler25
05-26-2017, 06:40 PM
I don't believe Babb or Richards are in on points yet. But we have another night so it will probably shake out.

MI Dirt Fan
05-26-2017, 06:51 PM
Without the provisional is Richards must win?

Highside Hustler25
05-26-2017, 07:00 PM
Without the provisional is Richards must win?

They take the average so I think he just needs a good night. Think he was like 27th or so in points.

Scratch that, they start 30 tomorrow night.

Snake X3
05-26-2017, 08:27 PM
It pains me deeply to see JD struggle in that Icon. I know why is running it, but I really miss seeing him in a competitive ride.

Illtsate32
05-26-2017, 08:31 PM
He is gna be buried in his heat too

Hoosier_Dirt
05-26-2017, 08:46 PM
I don't see him finishing the season in this ride.

#FALSuperman
05-26-2017, 08:49 PM
It's actually starting to become embarrassing for everyone involved with the BWRC team. Qualified 40th a night ago and you figure make adjustments being a veteran team and come back stronger tonight. Instead, he qualifies like 54th?!?!?!? Unheard of even in his early years. Not that I think it matters much but for those of you wondering, JD will be in the Show Me 100 tomorrow night, as he will get the Provisional for "most recent Show Me 100 Winner to not qualify on points". He will be starting dead last. At this point, I'd let it loose in this heat race and b-main and see what you have. Nothing to lose. Question for everyone....you think if JD struggles the entire year, him and Rumley might think about reuniting the band?

Illtsate32
05-26-2017, 08:54 PM
He needs back in a longhorn BAD.. Idk if Rumley ever helped the 116 team but that car is a spitting image of the 6 car...

zach51
05-26-2017, 09:29 PM
I made a thread about this a few weeks ago and people thought I was crazy....And I may be, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

#FALSuperman
05-26-2017, 09:47 PM
He needs back in a longhorn BAD.. Idk if Rumley ever helped the 116 team but that car is a spitting image of the 6 car...I was vocal behind the scenes (so to speak) how I believed JD should've taken the 116 ride. It's a long season. Maybe, these guys will surprise the 2nd half of season. Davenport is a pretty laid back guy. We'll see how much non-success it takes to rattle him.

Barbecueboy
05-26-2017, 10:30 PM
Icon first year out struggles......longhorn first Couple years out, boat anchor.

It's not exactly unheard of.

MI Dirt Fan
05-26-2017, 10:50 PM
Finished 7th in his B-main

#FALSuperman
05-26-2017, 10:50 PM
I mean JD is a high side guy and he runs low side the entire b-main, just coasting along like he had no interest whatsoever at challenging for a top 2. Starts 6th finishes 7th. Never made a move.

Finnfan
05-26-2017, 11:58 PM
Just curious, is any other driver/s of significance driving an ICON, or even a Barry Wright chassis for that matter? Seems like I don't hear of anyone in a BWRC anymore. Maybe Owens realized last year they just aren't what they used to be, hope that's not the case since Barry and Lance both seem like good guys, but the future's not too bright when you put two proven drivers in your house car and struggle to even make races...

MI Dirt Fan
05-27-2017, 12:02 AM
There is a couple in MI. Not sure if they are ICON though

nuff said
05-27-2017, 06:50 AM
In several races this year the car has been fast early and seems to fade as the race goes on.The Rome race comes to mind.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-27-2017, 07:06 AM
Icon first year out struggles......longhorn first Couple years out, boat anchor.

It's not exactly unheard of.Maybe Barry will have Kevin consult on the Icon. The only reason Longhorns lost their boat anchor status was because of Kevin. Never proven, but supposedly he helped with the XR1 too. Rocket was in a little slump, but still selling cars, unlike Longhorn before Kevin. Makes ya feel bad for EPJ.

NormP
05-27-2017, 07:33 AM
I was vocal behind the scenes (so to speak) how I believed JD should've taken the 116 ride. It's a long season. Maybe, these guys will surprise the 2nd half of season. Davenport is a pretty laid back guy. We'll see how much non-success it takes to rattle him.

Was the 116 even offered to Davenport?

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-27-2017, 07:46 AM
Was the 116 even offered to Davenport?

That was his ride if he wanted it.

#FALSuperman
05-27-2017, 08:02 AM
Was the 116 even offered to Davenport?The ride was JD's to have, He chose to reunite with BW. Meanwhile the 116 has 8 wins and 21 top 5's in 29 races. Overton is looking strong.

#FALSuperman
05-27-2017, 08:06 AM
In several races this year the car has been fast early and seems to fade as the race goes on.The Rome race comes to mind.The car was 54th fastest yesterday in time trials and 40th fastest the night before. So, I guess he was faster early on. :D

NormP
05-27-2017, 09:42 AM
That was his ride if he wanted it.

The ride was JD's to have, He chose to reunite with BW. Meanwhile the 116 has 8 wins and 21 top 5's in 29 races. Overton is looking strong.

Interesting. I hadn't read anywhere that it was actually offered to him. I bet Overton sure is glad to be in it right now.

nuff said
05-27-2017, 10:03 AM
I threw out some @sshole bait and see that I got a bite.I don't recall saying every race.

President Clinton
05-27-2017, 10:28 AM
Maybe JD just lost his ability????? Washed up?? Or maybe it just takes a Rumley type car to suit his style of driving????

t3r3e3
05-27-2017, 11:29 AM
Maybe JD just lost his ability????? Washed up?? Or maybe it just takes a Rumley type car to suit his style of driving????

Davenport won more than a few 10k + regional races prior to moving to CBR. He was driving a BarryWright then. For whatever reason, Barry's stuff is behind the curve. JD has won in other rides, not just the 6.

#FALSuperman
05-27-2017, 11:34 AM
I threw out some @sshole bait and see that I got a bite.I don't recall saying every race.I like JD...I was having a little humor with this. All you can do sometimes when things are going so south for thr first 5 months, wasn't trying to rattle you.

#FALSuperman
05-27-2017, 11:36 AM
Davenport won more than a few 10k + regional races prior to moving to CBR. He was driving a BarryWright then. For whatever reason, Barry's stuff is behind the curve. JD has won in other rides, not just the 6.Agreed...he knows how to race. Thr car flat out isn't even close to where it needs to be. They've had 5 months now. Time to start showing some progression.

nuff said
05-27-2017, 11:46 AM
No problem.The 116 wins again at Boyd's.

Hoosier_Dirt
05-27-2017, 11:48 AM
They'd be smart to hire Rumley a few races to line it out.

MaverickSprints
05-27-2017, 12:09 PM
Will he make the show-me? If so on points?b-main?last chance race? He's sitting mid pack 34th right now in points.... .tonight could be make or break, whats your predictions? I'm guessing he misses the show altogether but i hope I'm wrong at the same time....

Points, really? JD hasn't been running the series, at all... He and Barry are developing a new car and he chose to run an outlaw type schedule, ON PURPOSE. My personal thoughts are that they are down on power, the Hatfield Power Plants don't seem up to par. If they had Clements power like before they'd be in the hunt.

...Question for everyone....you think if JD struggles the entire year, him and Rumley might think about reuniting the band?
There won't be a Rumley/Davenport reunion, not nationally anyway. Rumley has married and moved on, he achieved the goals he had for he and his fathers team and thats it. JD would be better off if he could get one of the Rumley powerplants, anything but the Hatfield.

george w
05-27-2017, 12:29 PM
Points, really? JD hasn't been running the series, at all... He and Barry are developing a new car and he chose to run an outlaw type schedule, ON PURPOSE. My personal thoughts are that they are down on power, the Hatfield Power Plants don't seem up to par. If they had Clements power like before they'd be in the hunt.

There won't be a Rumley/Davenport reunion, not nationally anyway. Rumley has married and moved on, he achieved the goals he had for he and his fathers team and thats it. JD would be better off if he could get one of the Rumley powerplants, anything but the Hatfield. i was referring to making it into the show on points accumulating from the first two nights in wheatland like everyone else, hence the reason it was mentioned first. I'm fully aware of jd's schedule, an reasoning why it is the way it is.....

george w
05-27-2017, 12:31 PM
Although he has hatfield valve covers i was under the impression its actually a ry45, any truth to that?

Hoosier_Dirt
05-27-2017, 12:35 PM
I think he means points for the show me, not Lucas

huskerdirt
05-27-2017, 12:48 PM
Although he has hatfield valve covers i was under the impression its actually a ry45, any truth to that?

It's an RY45 built by Hatfield.

I'm my opinion..... Hatfield is the biggest piece of sh!t motor to have in the dirt late model world(they alright in the modifieds). I have no idea why they went with Hatfield other than they got a deal on it. I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-27-2017, 12:53 PM
You guys act like they have been bad all year. They started out pretty well and have only recently gone backwards.

MI Dirt Fan
05-27-2017, 12:54 PM
We had a motor one time and it was giving us power issues and it ended up having the wrong valve springs on it. Changed them out and it was like night and day. Won like 4 races or so right after. It would be ok and sometimes it couldn't even get out of its own way.

CarolinaDirt
05-27-2017, 12:56 PM

They have both, they have one RY45 and 2 Chevrolet's, there was an article at the beginning of the year about it. Jonathan said he had always been a Chevrolet guy but driving Weaver's fords last year opened his eyes to what Ford had to offer

george w
05-27-2017, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the response fellas, i must've missed the article.

25jrjr
05-27-2017, 01:22 PM
It doesn't take 8-900 hp to win one of these races on a slick track! Its the car design/set-up!

Barry Seal
05-27-2017, 02:52 PM
It's an RY45 built by Hatfield. I'm my opinion..... Hatfield is the biggest piece of sh!t motor to have in the dirt late model world(they alright in the modifieds). I have no idea why they went with Hatfield other than they got a deal on it. I'm surprised it's lasted this long.You cannot blame their poor results on Hatfield. Unless they had motor dnfs, which they haven't. Hatfield has been around long enough to build a reliable motor. Their resume speaks for itself.

NY DIRT
05-27-2017, 04:19 PM
i was referring to making it into the show on points accumulating from the first two nights in wheatland like everyone else, hence the reason it was mentioned first. I'm fully aware of jd's schedule, an reasoning why it is the way it is.....

JD will get a provisional because he will be the latest winner of the Show Me that does not make it into the starting field

Snake X3
05-27-2017, 05:09 PM
JD will get a provisional because he will be the latest winner of the Show Me that does not make it into the starting field

Yep. I was just looking at that because I couldn't understand why he would drive all the way to MO knowing the car just isn't competitive when he could have lost closer to home. Since Owens would get a Lucas provisional (which kicks in before the past champ provisional) he had a guaranteed spot.

That means since only Hudson O'Neal and Boom Briggs didn't make the field out of the Lucas regulars, no one will need the emergency provisional so the field will be a max of 30 cars. In addition to the 18 that made the field by points, JD (past champ), Hudson O'Neal and Briggs (guaranteed in Lucas provisionals), as well as Stovall and Jackson (guaranteed in MLRA provisionals) are all in. That leaves a max of 7 spots open. Six that will race in through the B-Mains and possibly one spot if the guy (or Blonde Bomber Mitchell) that wins the Non-qualifiers race decides to run the feature.

huskerdirt
05-27-2017, 06:39 PM
You cannot blame their poor results on Hatfield. Unless they had motor dnfs, which they haven't. Hatfield has been around long enough to build a reliable motor. Their resume speaks for itself.

I wasn't blaming there results totally on the motor. I thought it was a particularly odd combo when it was announced. NOBODY runs a Hatfield...... that speaks for itself.

Barry Seal
05-27-2017, 06:44 PM
I wasn't blaming there results totally on the motor. I thought it was a particularly odd combo when it was announced. NOBODY runs a Hatfield...... that speaks for itself.It's all good husker. Hatfield has done well in the modifieds. Jd has had no dnfs. By the way I like your assessment on pierce.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-28-2017, 07:11 AM
It's all good husker. Hatfield has done well in the modifieds. Jd has had no dnfs. By the way I like your assessment on pierce.

There is more to an engine than finishing a race.

kazual
05-28-2017, 09:04 AM
Watching him time trial has been telling. Car doesn't have drive off the corners like some others. Just in general he has reminded me of a mid pack regional guy rather than someone that has seen success on a national level. And the first two nights the track required some horsepower to be competitive, but my opinion their issues seem to be about more than a particular engine brand. Something is just out of sync, maybe several things.

MaverickSprints
05-28-2017, 09:13 AM
It doesn't take 8-900 hp to win one of these races on a slick track! Its the car design/set-up!

You gotta have good usable HP at national events to qualify good, otherwise your dig a hole and spend all night trying to dig out. I think if it was setup they would've corrected that by now. He did have a good qualify last week at Fayetteville but contact with another car sent him pit side early. Barry knows how to set up a car, as does JD.

25jrjr
05-28-2017, 02:42 PM
You gotta have good usable HP at national events to qualify good, otherwise your dig a hole and spend all night trying to dig out. I think if it was setup they would've corrected that by now. He did have a good qualify last week at Fayetteville but contact with another car sent him pit side early. Barry knows how to set up a car, as does JD.

True to a point......but jd doesn't advance much in the features. Something is definitely off. I wonder at Barrys age, how much money he is willing to invest in engineering and testing!

MaverickSprints
05-28-2017, 03:42 PM
...I wonder at Barrys age, how much money he is willing to invest in engineering and testing!

At Barry's age? His son is primed to take over and he is just as sharp as Barry. The Icon is the start of a new phase, a new direction, not a tweak of the old. The Longhorn was junk when it debuted and finally required a reboot to fulfill its potential from what they learned in the process but look at them now. I think younger people think new stuff should work immediately or you abandon it. Nothing good comes easy, never has, but Barry isn't too proud to access outside help when needed. They used a Nascar engineer back in 08'/09' for that frontend redesign, so. When you only have the one car to get your data from it takes longer to see results and the sponsor they had lined up backed out just before the season started too.

Clayton_Wetter
05-28-2017, 03:51 PM
There is more to an engine than finishing a race.

The Platitude Master has spoken!!!! :):)

kidrock
05-28-2017, 03:51 PM
True to a point......but jd doesn't advance much in the features. Something is definitely off. I wonder at Barrys age, how much money he is willing to invest in engineering and testing!

You make a very good point. It's all about the engineering these days

turnleftandgasit
05-28-2017, 04:07 PM
Hatfield is based out of Joplin, so this is a "hometown" race for them. I am sure the Show Me was a must attend race in any form of motor sponsorship from Hatfield. What is the problem with Hatfield anyway? I can't imagine they are that far off from the other big time builders.

President Clinton
05-28-2017, 04:19 PM
If Hatfield was as good as other choices out there, you would see more of them????

No_Weak_Links
05-28-2017, 05:18 PM
Hatfield is not the problem. He doesn't have the car and Rumley to make it run. JD is a fine driver, but KR made him look like the next coming of Bloomquist. And BW is a fine car builder, but hes not in the same league in todays time. Just look at BShep this year. He unloads just about every where like JD did last year.

zach51
05-28-2017, 05:29 PM
Hatfield is not the problem. He doesn't have the car and Rumley to make it run. JD is a fine driver, but KR made him look like the next coming of Bloomquist. And BW is a fine car builder, but hes not in the same league in todays time. Just look at BShep this year. He unloads just about every where like JD did last year.

Welcome back

NormP
05-28-2017, 07:51 PM
Any idea why the didn't go with Clements like they have in the past?

nuff said
05-28-2017, 07:53 PM
I would bet they are asking themselves the same question.

Hoosier_Dirt
05-28-2017, 07:56 PM
$$$ I would imagine.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-28-2017, 07:59 PM
The Platitude Master has spoken!!!! :):)

The guy I quoted would consider my statement profound, apparently.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-28-2017, 08:12 PM
any idea why the didn't go with clements like they have in the past?

$$$ money $$$

CarolinaDirt
05-28-2017, 10:45 PM
30th to 5th not bad for a regional driver smh .......

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-28-2017, 10:48 PM
30th to 5th not bad for a regional driver smh .......

Crate driver at that.

#FALSuperman
05-28-2017, 10:53 PM
I've been a little rough on the team. To come from 30th to 5th is impressive enough. To pass 25 cars when you literally have nothing going your way with horrid qualifying and just as bad heats and b-mains, a top 5 is a great performance. The trick now is maintaining the momentum they take away from this run.

george w
05-28-2017, 10:56 PM
Welp i started the thread, obviously before i thought about about the past champions provisional..... Although I'm happy for j.d, barry, an good ol Hatfield I'll take my crow served up extra crispy with a side of burnt toast if you will....

kidrock
05-28-2017, 10:59 PM
Welp i started the thread, obviously before i thought about about the past champions provisional..... Although I'm happy for j.d, barry, an good ol Hatfield I'll take my crow served up extra crispy with a side of burnt toast if you will....

Is the burnt toast to hide the taste of the crow? lol just kidding

They needed a good run like that.

george w
05-28-2017, 11:00 PM
Nah just to round out the meal is all....lol

25jrjr
05-28-2017, 11:01 PM
Barry musta spent some of that "engineerin" money on their off day! lol

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-28-2017, 11:14 PM

What would you like for your beverage gw?

george w
05-28-2017, 11:15 PM
Ice cold bud diesel oughta get rid of the after taste if thats not askin to much????

kidrock
05-28-2017, 11:36 PM
Nah just to round out the meal is all....lol

lol............................................... ......

KAOS
05-28-2017, 11:53 PM
What this thread needs is a couple of Jackasses like in other threads with names like Super49, Georgia49, and Davenportfan coming in and giving us their hot takes!

kazual
05-29-2017, 12:09 AM
Looked like an entirely different car, good for them. Once or twice he could have got a bit chippy and passed Bloomer but drove everyone clean.

zyoung25
05-29-2017, 01:30 AM
I don't think most of the people on here that bash drivers, don't even attend races. That's something to be proud of right there.

Good run for Jd, that whole team needed that.

Hoosier_Dirt
05-29-2017, 06:49 AM
Yep, good run for that team. Guess the Hatfield motors are good enough. Looked like a completely different car. He drove the top more too, which to me is where he is the best.

#FALSuperman
05-29-2017, 07:18 AM
JD was pretty down a couple nights ago saying he can't find any grip on the car. The entire team was stumped. Well, they found it. What a difference....it allowed JD to work top side. He passed middle and bottom when he needed to, as well. Pierce, and Pearson were the only 2 cars stronger last night. I agree Davenport could've gotten chippy and passed Bloomer a few times. He raced a smart, clean race and at the line missed 4th place by 3 one-thousandths of a second. That's basically an eye lash.

Highside Hustler25
05-29-2017, 07:22 AM
What this thread needs is a couple of Jackasses like in other threads

Well, it's got you so we've got that goin for us.

kidrock
05-29-2017, 07:59 AM
Highside, thanks I now need a new keyboard lol

Black I
05-29-2017, 08:11 AM
Highside, thanks I now need a new keyboard lol

Get one of them that all the keys light up so you can see what yur saying :)

70satomic
05-29-2017, 01:30 PM
From the tail end of pack and finish 5th isn't too shabby considering the competition

MaverickSprints
05-30-2017, 07:32 AM
Never count them out, always "DO IT THE WRIGHT WAY!!!" And when you can't, go "Stronger Than Dirt" CJ Rayburn Race Cars. 👍