PDA

View Full Version : Rome tips?

Chris Thomason
05-27-2017, 10:19 PM
I'm gonna be a first timer tomorrow. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

GRT24
05-27-2017, 10:56 PM
Not really a bad seat in the house concrete bleachers in front stretch. Tracks side parking on back stretch but sells out fast and a longggg walk to concession stand. Great view behind the backstretch and turns 1 and 2. I really like sitting in the bleachers when in 3 and 4 when I go to watch. Food is pretty good as well. It will be a packed house. Slight grade uphill to the track after parking. As always the earlier the better on arrival

B_K
05-28-2017, 06:27 AM
If you can get there in time and don't frequent the concession stand a ton, do the trackside parking. It's better to sit a little higher on the concrete bleachers for a better view. If you go in the pits go stand by the back stretch fence getting into 3 especially if it's tacky. The speed is pretty impressive.

Probably going myself.

MaverickSprints
05-28-2017, 10:33 AM
..If you go in the pits go stand by the back stretch fence getting into 3 especially if it's tacky. The speed is pretty impressive.

Probably going myself.

^^^This^^^. An unusual track runs downhill on the front stretch, high banks with wide turns, but not as steep as Bulls Gap or Tazewell. 1/2 mile around by wall. Built into the side of the mountain.

RayCook53fan
05-28-2017, 11:13 AM
Bring a lawn chair for the concrete bleachers and eat a chicken basket from the concession stand!