PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Pierce is better than bloomer thread

KAOS
05-29-2017, 12:04 AM
The place to make the case Pierce is better than bloomer!

MI Dirt Fan
05-29-2017, 12:05 AM

Drawing a blank here..........

25jrjr
05-29-2017, 12:25 AM
Better what???

Forward Bite
05-29-2017, 12:45 AM
Probably better pool player.

chopter
05-29-2017, 01:13 AM
Does bob build on an Imca modified chassis?

Dustyhay
05-29-2017, 06:13 AM
Pretty sure yes pierce chassis will work for imca

Bob Hubbard
05-29-2017, 06:24 AM
Looked like a rough track last night ....He did well not to break his stuff running thru it ...

Highside Hustler25
05-29-2017, 07:10 AM
Pierce is better than bloomer!

Didn't really think so but since you started the thread, we'll just agree with you for your amusement.

dirtdobber45
05-29-2017, 01:11 PM
the place to make the case pierce is better than bloomer!lmafo....lmfao..... Lmfaosm

kidrock
05-29-2017, 01:21 PM
I know one thing bobby was better then 29 other drivers last night and that included Bloomer but, to say he is better not quite. Could he be in the future at this rate maybe but, time will tell.

Bob Hubbard
05-29-2017, 01:50 PM
Anyone that goes to Nascar is better .....:-0

Black I
05-29-2017, 04:46 PM
Bobby would be perfect for nascar. Hope he stays here tho just to see if he can come close to Bloomers stats.

Kwd1253
05-29-2017, 05:07 PM

Let me know when Bobby starts running a full national tour and wins a couple of them. It's easy show up on couple big money shows. He is 1out 7, racing against woo and Lucas tour. When he only has couple hrs get his car right for one night show against Lucas tour, he hasn't done that well ending up below top10.

Kid is good, but people like you make people hate Bobby. Bobby hasn't done 1/10th of what Moyer and Scott has done. Let him win couple national tours first, then you can try to compare him to Moyer then after that then to scott

Black I
05-29-2017, 05:12 PM
lmafo....lmfao..... Lmfaosm

It's actually sad these people think like that. Im starting to wonder if they are serious or just delusional.

Illtsate32
05-29-2017, 06:06 PM
Let me know when Bobby starts running a full national tour and wins a couple of them. It's easy show up on couple big money shows. He is 1out 7, racing against woo and Lucas tour. When he only has couple hrs get his car right for one night show against Lucas tour, he hasn't done that well ending up below top10. Kid is good, but people like you make people hate Bobby. Bobby hasn't done 1/10th of what Moyer and Scott has done. Let him win couple national tours first, then you can try to compare him to Moyer then after that then to scottPierce fans dont make you hate on Bobby thats just a convenient excuse to do it. Jealousy is the real reason..I know its hard to admit but its ok its a natural human response to a situation like this...

TackyTracker
05-29-2017, 06:11 PM
Is he better at 20 than Scott was???

hucktyson
05-29-2017, 06:13 PM
It's " easy to show up at big money races and win " lol lol lol lol lol Dude try beating Barbra , Miley , Norris and feree at Pittsburgh on a weekly show for 1100 to win and then tell me how easy winning those big money shows is. That might be ste dumbest thing I've ever read on here. If Scott Bloomquist is in the house and there is 30k+ on the line winning that race isn't east no matter who you are.

Kwd1253
05-29-2017, 06:56 PM
Pierce fans dont make you hate on Bobby thats just a convenient excuse to do it. Jealousy is the real reason..I know its hard to admit but its ok its a natural human response to a situation like this...

Well I don't know all about that. Situation like this "as in this thread", makes Bobby fans look delusional. Which makes people that don't care for Bobby already make them dislike him more. Some could be jealous of him, it just fuels the fire more. But reality is Bobby has long way to go say he has surpassed Moyer or scott.

Josh Bayko
05-29-2017, 06:56 PM
Nobody is consistently better than Bloomer. He is best dirt late model driver in history. It's entirely possible, likely even, that Bobby will have a career similar to Scott's, but he's got a long, long way to get there.

I tell you what, though, the next 20-30 seasons should be really fun with guys like Pierce, Richards, Sheppard, and Moran.

Kwd1253
05-29-2017, 07:06 PM
It's " easy to show up at big money races and win " lol lol lol lol lol Dude try beating Barbra , Miley , Norris and feree at Pittsburgh on a weekly show for 1100 to win and then tell me how easy winning those big money shows is. That might be ste dumbest thing I've ever read on here. If Scott Bloomquist is in the house and there is 30k+ on the line winning that race isn't east no matter who you are.

Huck you are a wheelman. What is easier having 4-6 hrs to figure out your setup or 3 days to figure out your setup?

hucktyson
05-29-2017, 07:18 PM
It's not like Bobby has 3 days and the other guys have 4 hours. They all compete under the same rules on the same track. Bobby races for a living . His goal is to make money, driving to Georgia for a 10k to win show when there is one 2 hours away makes zero financial sense. On the biggest stage he performs his best. Having driven the same car on the same track with the SAME set up gives me a much better appreciation of how good that kid is . I don't believe there is anyone on the planet who can put up dominate performances in crown jewel events with specifically how his car is set up. I think Bob builds a great car that responds well to adjustments and drives well, but you can't run bobbys same set up on big slick momentum tracks unless you can wheel like Bobby and I guarantee you can't lol.

zach51
05-29-2017, 07:29 PM
It's not like Bobby has 3 days and the other guys have 4 hours. They all compete under the same rules on the same track. Bobby races for a living . His goal is to make money, driving to Georgia for a 10k to win show when there is one 2 hours away makes zero financial sense. On the biggest stage he performs his best. Having driven the same car on the same track with the SAME set up gives me a much better appreciation of how good that kid is . I don't believe there is anyone on the planet who can put up dominate performances in crown jewel events with specifically how his car is set up. I think Bob builds a great car that responds well to adjustments and drives well, but you can't run bobbys same set up on big slick momentum tracks unless you can wheel like Bobby and I guarantee you can't lol.

There is NO room for first hand knowledge on this site lol

dirtdobber45
05-29-2017, 08:24 PM
It's actually sad these people think like that. Im starting to wonder if they are serious or just delusional.O their serious. Thats why I callem #boobyflakes

dirtdobber45
05-29-2017, 08:31 PM
Anyone that goes to Nascar is better .....:-0H€ll he cant come up with the money to run a big league dirt series. Hows he going to NASCAR? I know 4 guys that ran in Nascar in my home town and they were field fillers. Booby might get a truck ride off and on but thatll be it.

Duke100
05-29-2017, 11:04 PM
Who are these 4 drivers and how did they get a ride to be field fillers? I'm sure Pierce could go a second a lap faster in one of those cars. Cmon now!

chupp n bloomer fan
05-30-2017, 06:44 PM

Pierce fans dont make you hate on Bobby thats just a convenient excuse to do it. Jealousy is the real reason..I know its hard to admit but its ok its a natural human response to a situation like this...Not really 32. Stupid sh!t like the original poster put doesn't help a thing. Don't be so flipping ridiculous. He's not better than Moyer, Bloomer, Owens, and a few others.

He is good, very good, he has a lot of learning to do, and needs to I think get on his own away from family and the PP.

My God, all you guys think is jealousy. I've never had any desire to have to depend on my family for a job, food, and shelter once I was an adult. I wanted to be a big boy and do my thing. I take nothing away from his talent, he is very good, but jealousy and hate is a stretch. I'm not going to kiss his a$$ just the same as I won't kiss Bloomers or anyone else's either.

klemmabyna
05-30-2017, 08:42 PM
from the side lines: do the bloomer extremists and the pierce wackos resemble each other?

this comment is not intended to reflect on all race fans that happen to like one or the other. just those who take it to the extreme and seem to try to inflate their favorite by discounting the accomplishments of the other.

fun to read here. just adds to the enjoyment of watching them race.

25jrjr
05-30-2017, 08:44 PM
from the side lines: do the bloomer extremists and the pierce wackos resemble each other?

this comment is not intended to reflect on all race fans that happen to like one or the other. just those who take it to the extreme and seem to try to inflate their favorite by discounting the accomplishments of the other.

fun to read here. just adds to the enjoyment of watching them race.

Not at all.....Bloomers record of accomplishments, says it all!

NormP
05-30-2017, 08:52 PM
$5 says the guy who started this conversation is having fun at your all's expense and isn't even a Pierce fan. He's just stirring the pot to watch some of you boil.

dirtdobber45
05-30-2017, 08:57 PM
Who are these 4 drivers and how did they get a ride to be field fillers? I'm sure Pierce could go a second a lap faster in one of those cars. Cmon now!My bad their were three from my town Mike Potter Connie Saylor and Brad Teague. There was another that lived about 30 min from named John A Utsman and another about 45 min from me... L.D. Ottinger. We all know about L.D. John A helped win Bristol in 1973 relieving Benny Parsons Brad was good in Bucsh/xfinity. The other two well... but they all were awesome on dirt in their time. Booby couldnt hold a candle to any of em.

Barbecueboy
05-30-2017, 09:39 PM
Pierce fans dont make you hate on Bobby thats just a convenient excuse to do it. Jealousy is the real reason..I know its hard to admit but its ok its a natural human response to a situation like this...

No, it's some of his fans that are his worst attribute.....and I'm being serious.
It's like when he wins or does something really cool, y'all take credit like you did it or something.

Can't speak for everyone, but I ain't the jealous type.

Duke100
05-30-2017, 09:43 PM
My bad their were three from my town Mike Potter Connie Saylor and Brad Teague. There was another that lived about 30 min from named John A Utsman and another about 45 min from me... L.D. Ottinger. We all know about L.D. John A helped win Bristol in 1973 relieving Benny Parsons Brad was good in Bucsh/xfinity. The other two well... but they all were awesome on dirt in their time. Booby couldnt hold a candle to any of em.So Pierce just won 3 Crown Jewels and one was The World 100, but he's nowhere near as good on dirt as these guys were. That doesn't make sense.

Barbecueboy
05-30-2017, 09:45 PM
$5 says the guy who started this conversation is having fun at your all's expense and isn't even a Pierce fan. He's just stirring the pot to watch some of you boil.

If true, that's some kind of way to live.......I smell a basement dweller.

KAOS
05-30-2017, 10:20 PM
First off NormP is right Im not a Pierce fan (nor a big hater of Bobby) and secondly I never said Pierce Is better than Bloomer (I said make your case). I figure every thread was going to evolve into Bobby Pierce vs the World with the Bloomer fans yaping about everything Bloomer has done so I figure we could just have this one thread ,plus it beats What makes a Crown Jewell for the sixth time.

dirtdobber45
05-30-2017, 11:19 PM
So Pierce just won 3 Crown Jewels and one was The World 100, but he's nowhere near as good on dirt as these guys were. That doesn't make sense.Well Ive seen all the guys I named in a cup car... has booby been in one... on the track that is. Not a truck... an actual cup car. As stated on a few threads he needs somebody with money to put him in one(cup) full time I just dont see it happening.

dirtdobber45
05-30-2017, 11:22 PM
So Pierce just won 3 Crown Jewels and one was The World 100, but he's nowhere near as good on dirt as these guys were. That doesn't make sense.And if it wasnt for the tire rule I doubt he would have any of em

BloomerHarvickFan
05-31-2017, 05:27 AM
I think ONE of the reasons why Bobby is so good in these Crown Jewels is that the 2 notable ones, aside from the World 100 are Lucas Oil Races. Bobby, being an outsider, can come in and take more chances, especially in regard to set-ups. If he totally misses it, oh well, who cares....there's nothing at stake for him. Can he toss it in harder than the series guys, not really caring if it doesn't stick? yes.
Can he make a few more risky moves, that might get him crashed? yes.
That's one of the positives about not running for points. You do have that mindset.

kidrock
05-31-2017, 05:59 AM
And if it wasnt for the tire rule I doubt he would have any of em

And you know that how? If your the best in the business you should be able to win on any tire rule.

MI Dirt Fan
05-31-2017, 06:16 AM
Well Ive seen all the guys I named in a cup car... has booby been in one... on the track that is. Not a truck... an actual cup car. As stated on a few threads he needs somebody with money to put him in one(cup) full time I just dont see it happening.
The fact is, there is wayyyyy to much talent ahead of him. You gotta come up through the ranks. NASCAR has to approve you by issuing you a license before you can race cup. I believe it used to be on track and a little bit in the classroom

Illtsate32
05-31-2017, 10:51 AM
No, it's some of his fans that are his worst attribute.....and I'm being serious.It's like when he wins or does something really cool, y'all take credit like you did it or something.Can't speak for everyone, but I ain't the jealous type.Fair enough..But lets not act like Pierce fans dont get provoked on this site..I made my comments based off of the continued comments saying he avoids the lucas races and only runs for 2k..so after he goes out and beats the lucas guys (30k race)...I spoke my mind. Like I stated before attack me all you want if it makes you feel better...But lets stop acting like Bobby cant contend on a national level that argument has been put to rest...

25jrjr
05-31-2017, 03:56 PM
Fair enough..But lets not act like Pierce fans dont get provoked on this site..I made my comments based off of the continued comments saying he avoids the lucas races and only runs for 2k..so after he goes out and beats the lucas guys (30k race)...I spoke my mind. Like I stated before attack me all you want if it makes you feel better...But lets stop acting like Bobby cant contend on a national level that argument has been put to rest...

In 8 Lucas/Woo races he has an average finish of 12. Is that your idea of "contending"?

Josh Bayko
05-31-2017, 04:28 PM
I think ONE of the reasons why Bobby is so good in these Crown Jewels is that the 2 notable ones, aside from the World 100 are Lucas Oil Races. Bobby, being an outsider, can come in and take more chances, especially in regard to set-ups. If he totally misses it, oh well, who cares....there's nothing at stake for him. Can he toss it in harder than the series guys, not really caring if it doesn't stick? yes.
Can he make a few more risky moves, that might get him crashed? yes.
That's one of the positives about not running for points. You do have that mindset.

This makes a lot of sense actually. McDowell is often very good at the big races he runs, it's the same deal with him. He doesn't have to be conservative and worry about points.

zach51
05-31-2017, 04:56 PM
Yeah the main aspect to the setup is mass betwixt the thighs and fat right foot.

jog49
05-31-2017, 05:44 PM
Reminds me of the joke about the ant crawling up an elephant's leg with rape on its mind! LOL!

TackyTracker
05-31-2017, 05:48 PM
still haven't got my answer...

klemmabyna
05-31-2017, 06:09 PM
love the attention pierce brings to these boards. and as a fan, he is fun to watch. but...

i'm not accepting he is the only master of 100 lap/tire conservation.

if I remember correctly birkhofer gave bloomquist a bunch of credit for for teaching him tire management after his first World 100 win. I'd suggest scott still plays the tire game better than anyone.

side note-tire rules: while it takes a wildcard out of the game, mandatory tire specs isn't the reason for pierce's success. I don't like "spec" racing, but if the track surface allows for racing, a driver's skill does come into play.

last call: can't argue with recent success, but how many flash and fade racers have we seen during the time moyer and bloomquist started?

hoping for some pierce longevity and maturity. the kid can drive.

jmo.

Illtsate32
05-31-2017, 06:22 PM
In 8 Lucas/Woo races he has an average finish of 12. Is that your idea of "contending"?Cant judge in 8 races...you could win over half of them but have mechanical failure in a few and finish 20th-25th and have a double digit avg finish..so your argument is not valid...

25jrjr
05-31-2017, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=Illtsate32;2109196]Cant judge in 8 races...you could win over half of them but have mechanical failure in a few and finish 20th-25th and have a double digit avg finish..so your argument is valid.....meaning Bobby cant win a national championship!

Exactly......consistency is what wins national championships!

Kwd1253
05-31-2017, 09:03 PM
Cant judge in 8 races...you could win over half of them but have mechanical failure in a few and finish 20th-25th and have a double digit avg finish..so your argument is not valid...
Most his equipment failures come from his driving style, he has got a little better on his equipment not beating it to death.