PDA

View Full Version : Trenton Berry

Finnfan
05-31-2017, 10:51 AM
Had heard this fellow call a race or two in the past, but didn't catch his name, but IMO he's one of the best in the business. After listening to him and Essex call the Show-Me, it reminded me of the oh-so-smooth flow and continuity of the old MRN announcers for NASCAR back in the day. I like listening to Essex, but TB seemed to have a calming effect on him that made Essex better. Their yin-yang (TB = calm, Essex = ebullient) personalities worked well together, and showed how commentators can actually add to a race.

I think a lot of announcers (Dewayne??) would be well served to listen to Trenton Berry and try to emulate his style.

chathamracefan
05-31-2017, 12:05 PM
I enjoy listening to him also. He was at the dome back in December as kind of a roving reported and had some funny quotes.

MRM
05-31-2017, 02:07 PM
Very good announcer. Has plenty if knowledge and didn't over-do things. Called a good race, sounded like he has a background in radio.

kazual
05-31-2017, 03:47 PM
Agree, calls a good show.

jeffreymo
05-31-2017, 03:54 PM
Very good announcer. Has plenty if knowledge and didn't over-do things. Called a good race, sounded like he has a background in radio.

He did have a local radio show a few years ago, before starting RacinDirt.com.
Trenton is great at what he does, and a good guy, too

george w
05-31-2017, 07:30 PM
I've always enjoyed trenton b, great announcer an HIGHLY underrated!!!

victorylane
06-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Definitely better than Bob( all I can talk about is Black Sunshine,Mark Martin,or Jared Landers) Dillner. Dillner is hard to listen to IMO.

Snake X3
06-09-2017, 01:38 AM
Mike Norris seems to have the same effect on Essex. The thing I like about Trenton Berry is he knows the sport forward and back. I've seen him do video interviews on the MLRA site...really good stuff.

Dilner is terrible.