PDA

View Full Version : Hey Rick Eshelman....

dirt crow
06-04-2017, 08:01 AM
How'd you like working with that screaming idiot at Senoia?

ChrisNunn
06-04-2017, 12:02 PM
Rick does what every industry figure should do, stays off social media and message boards and respects his fellow announcers.

TerryM
06-04-2017, 12:10 PM
We were at Senoia last night. Honestly, I don't think I ever even one time heard whomever it is you're referring to as the "screaming idiot".

slmcrewchief99
06-04-2017, 01:08 PM
As I watched it this morning on DoD, I did my usual when I heard that annoying voice. I turned off the speakers and watched it in silence. Thank goodness I'm not an "industry figure" and have to keep my mouth shut on social media.

B_K
06-04-2017, 05:43 PM
As I watched it this morning on DoD, I did my usual when I heard that annoying voice. I turned off the speakers and watched it in silence. Thank goodness I'm not an "industry figure" and have to keep my mouth shut on social media.

I laughed.

Some of these guys take the gig a little to serious. One clown in my area professes to be a PhD. Another I have heard likes to introduce himself to random strangers under his "stage name".

NormP
06-04-2017, 06:46 PM
Is dirt track announcer considered an "industry"?

slmcrewchief99
06-04-2017, 07:07 PM
Is dirt track announcer considered an "industry"?

Sounded that way from the post before mine.

dirtMAN007
06-04-2017, 07:14 PM
Rick does what every industry figure should do, stays off social media and message boards and respects his fellow announcers.

I guess you are not as good of an "industry figure" as Rick is ?

JabberJaws83
06-04-2017, 07:30 PM
I guess you are not as good of an "industry figure" as Rick is ?

Zing!!!!!!

ptown
06-04-2017, 07:33 PM

You've been making yourself look like an idiot for years, keep digging.

MEE
06-04-2017, 08:28 PM
yep had to mute it again.

Black I
06-04-2017, 08:37 PM

Hahahaha... Grand Slam!

JabberJaws83
06-04-2017, 08:43 PM

He's graduated from shovel to backhoe

ChrisNunn
06-05-2017, 04:16 AM
I stopped giving a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) what faceless internet people have to say about me.

Maybe when someone actually says something to me in person one day, I'll take you seriously. Been at this since 2001 and still, it's all keyboard jockeys who type tough, but are all smiley to my face. Everyone slams Dewayne for just doing his JOB, which is to call a race, but you won't pull him aside in person and tell him what you think. I've offered many people a chance to get up and grab a microphone and give it a try. In 16 years, TWO people have taken me up on the offer. It's not easy, at all. It's not a job just anyone can do.

Criticism is taken more seriously when it's done face to face and constructive. I've burned 1000 bridges in this business, actually I've probably blown them up while standing on them, but it's not a big deal to me. I'm quite happy in my little gig in southern Indiana, calling my local guys and helping them out. Telling me "oh you'll never make it big", and that is just absolutely fine with me.

Continue on, I've definitely heard worse

MaverickSprints
06-05-2017, 01:46 PM
how'd you like working with that screaming idiot at senoia?

IN THE WORDS OF MC HAMMER, ITS HAMMER TIME!!!

Oh Wait was that MC Hammer that said that or was it Bobby Brown???

jog49
06-05-2017, 04:09 PM
My two cents worth has never changed in decades of racing: Before the engines fire, tell me who is driving car # so and so and where that driver is from. You can then pack your microphone and go home. I have never been to a track where one could hear anything when the race has started.

Snake X3
06-05-2017, 05:30 PM
I stopped giving a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) what faceless internet people have to say about me.

Maybe when someone actually says something to me in person one day, I'll take you seriously. Been at this since 2001 and still, it's all keyboard jockeys who type tough, but are all smiley to my face. Everyone slams Dewayne for just doing his JOB, which is to call a race, but you won't pull him aside in person and tell him what you think. I've offered many people a chance to get up and grab a microphone and give it a try. In 16 years, TWO people have taken me up on the offer. It's not easy, at all. It's not a job just anyone can do.

Criticism is taken more seriously when it's done face to face and constructive. I've burned 1000 bridges in this business, actually I've probably blown them up while standing on them, but it's not a big deal to me. I'm quite happy in my little gig in southern Indiana, calling my local guys and helping them out. Telling me "oh you'll never make it big", and that is just absolutely fine with me.

Continue on, I've definitely heard worse

When I've heard you I thought you were pretty good...not that my opinion matters to you.

I've said a number of times that I liked Dwayne when I first heard him. I thought he WAS funny and original. But in my OPINION the last two seasons he's gone way over the top. And even though I'm not particularly religious, the "GOD ALMIGHTY" he added to his repertoire really annoys me. The race from Senoia was the first one I turned way down. I didn't mute it, but like with Matt Prieur (or however you spell it) last year, I'll just stop watching the videos if he doesn't get it under control.

And I don't mean that to slam anyone, but this is a message board where we discuss and express opinions and those of us that have DoD are gonna have an opinion on it. When you're in the public eye, you have to expect it.

Black I
06-05-2017, 05:43 PM
Sounds to me like if you have an opinion here you have to meet up "face to face" lol. It would appear that Crissy here is an angry little cuss who wants to have it out with you if you have an opinion he don't like... Thats real pro right there now hahahaha.....

Black I
06-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Who was "talking tough"???

Black I
06-05-2017, 09:21 PM
My two cents worth has never changed in decades of racing: Before the engines fire, tell me who is driving car # so and so and where that driver is from. You can then pack your microphone and go home. I have never been to a track where one could hear anything when the race has started.

The answer to that is... it's being recorded and they have to announce during the race where it can be heard (TV, PPV...). So then shut off the PA at the track right? Lol, they just like to hear themselves scream clever crap for self amusement :D

ChrisNunn
06-06-2017, 12:49 AM
Phil, I was always raised where if you have a problem with someone, you discuss it in person, face to face. I'm very very easy to get along with, criticism is good when it's constructive and not destructive. I'm always up for a nice debate anytime. Takes a lot to get me bent out of shape.

TackyTracker
06-06-2017, 02:22 AM
guess I should go back and listen to this Dwayne..

T3GJason47
06-06-2017, 09:11 AM
Chris Ive witnessed you do some dumb $hit on social media. And its been a lot more negative then positive. So before you sit here and act like your a better person just stop and think of what you have blasted all over social media. And remember what some of us know about you. Cool you like your gig at Twin Cities. Keep doing what your doing. Its just a matter of time before the "Old Chris" comes out. As far as your comment about meeting face to face and people being keyboard warriors. That's kind of a contradiction when it comes to you aswell. Your tough as hell behind your keyboard.

JabberJaws83
06-06-2017, 10:54 AM
Chris Ive witnessed you do some dumb $hit on social media. And its been a lot more negative then positive. So before you sit here and act like your a better person just stop and think of what you have blasted all over social media. And remember what some of us know about you. Cool you like your gig at Twin Cities. Keep doing what your doing. Its just a matter of time before the "Old Chris" comes out. As far as your comment about meeting face to face and people being keyboard warriors. That's kind of a contradiction when it comes to you aswell. Your tough as hell behind your keyboard.

Zing!!!!!!

MaverickSprints
06-06-2017, 11:05 AM

I feel you, but I have experienced some very entertaining announcers that really helped keep things moving for those less hardcore attending.

jog49
06-06-2017, 11:11 AM
"The answer to that is... it's being recorded and they have to announce during the race where it can be heard (TV, PPV...). So then shut off the PA at the track right? Lol, they just like to hear themselves scream clever crap for self amusement"

When the Waltrips are on a NASCAR broadcast, I turn the sound off to control the nausea. So why do I need a play-by-play on a dirt race.? Hell, I'm sitting there watching it and probably know more about what's going on than the announcer. Had I watched Senoia, I would probably have turned that sound (noise) off too.

ChrisNunn
06-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Had a good conversation with T3GJason on facebook earlier. It's guys like him that are stand up guys and actually take the time to chat with you about things. He's good people, along with the rest of his crew.

25jrjr
06-06-2017, 12:09 PM
I don't care for all of the hollarin and screamin, but.....you gotta admit, ol D-wayne got some pretty funny one-liners!

To each his own, I guess!

Rayburnt
06-07-2017, 07:08 PM
I guess everyone has an opinion. Mine is Dwayne is fricken awesome. Always entertaining.