PDA

View Full Version : Top DLM Chassis Builders

BTExpress
06-05-2017, 04:18 PM
Just in terms of the amount of chassis sold on a yearly basis, who are the top builders of today? I am pretty sure Rocket and Longhorn top the list with Black Diamond probably third, but what other companies sell a decent volume? There are a lot of quality manufacturers out there, but I am not sure there are many that sell the volume like CJ Rayburn,Barry Wright,Shaw,Warrior and Mastersbuilt did back in the day and Rocket & Longhorn do now.

zeroracing
06-05-2017, 04:23 PM
If I were to guess I would say rocket is king, black diamond is second right now and then the rest. I see more rockets and black diamond cars than anything else.

Chris Thomason
06-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Could we expect an upswing for bloomquist cars with the way 0 and McDowell are running?

Snake X3
06-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Rocket easily sells the most. The other chassis builders seem to sell a lot in different regions. You see more Black Diamond in MO/IA area. Capital and Longhorn are more Southern. Based on the 300+ drivers that I have info on for 2017 it's Rocket 80, Longhorn 50, BD 42, Vidtory 19, Swartz, Pierce, Capital, Mastersbilt all between 10-15. That is mostly national and regional guys and a lot of those cars aren't new.

By the end of last season I had about 1000 chassis confirmed and the breakdown was similar.

BTExpress
06-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Snake......good info. Thank you.

MI Dirt Fan
06-05-2017, 06:33 PM
Obviously Rocket. There's 5-10 yr old cars out there somewhere winning still. The more people you have the more cars that can be built. Takes Bloomer forever to build a car by himself nor does he sell to everyone.

I was watching the replay of Friday nights East Bay winter Nationals and he mentioned in his victory lane interview about being late to events last year because he was busy working on customer cars and he was gonna try to avoid that this year. Hmmm.

dirtcrazy4u
06-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Rocket is without question #1. The territory they cover is far outside regional area's. Many other builders are largely dependent on specific locations. Pierce, rayburn, swartz just to name a few are building as many cars as they want to build. Longhorn is starting to extend there dealer network to get more cars out there. Bloomer will never produce more that 10 cars max. Mastersbuilt used to have an extended dealer network but I believe that has deminished somewhat. BWRC are searching as is club 29 and a few more that are racing national series races.

jlacey
06-05-2017, 07:37 PM
Its mostly Rockets at my local tracks. Couple MBHs, a longhorn, swartz and pierce here and there.

Black I
06-05-2017, 07:39 PM
Bloomquist. When he retires... they'll be no question as to what chassis is the best or the most sold!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Bloomquist. When he retires... they'll be no question as to what chassis is the best or the most sold!!

Dont count on it POPS!

Highside Hustler25
06-05-2017, 08:46 PM
Top dirt late model chassis builder?

1 word. "ROCKET"

Black I
06-05-2017, 09:10 PM
Dont count on it POPS!

Oh I do and you should too TROLL!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-05-2017, 09:19 PM
Oh I do and you should too TROLL!

You are STOAT!

Black I
06-05-2017, 09:42 PM
You are STOAT!

You are TROLL!!!

Black I
06-05-2017, 09:44 PM
Now get in there and fix me some bbq chicken wings!! Chop Chop!!

KAOS
06-05-2017, 10:52 PM
he mentioned in his victory lane interview about being late to events last year because he was busy working on customer cars and he was gonna try to avoid that this year. Hmmm.Is that what the Kids are calling it these days

Kwd1253
06-06-2017, 06:57 AM
Now get in there and fix me some bbq chicken wings!! Chop Chop!!

Put a sec. order in for me lol.. I wonder when he does retire and builds more. Will he make house car, If so who you think will be the wheelman behind it? Before Landers dad took him out the car, it might look he had his foot in the door for that.

AnnouncerLife88
06-06-2017, 07:48 AM
From what I've seen around the Carolina's most everyone is in a Longhorn or Rocket with the scale being tipped either way depending on what track you're at. I'll see a random Capital pop up, a Black Diamond, or the occasional Swartz/Lazer/Barry Wright. Haven't seen a Bloomquist car in-person since last year. The last race I called down at Lavonia the top 5 was: Rocket ('09 at that), Longhorn, ICON, Mastersbilt, Longhorn so take that for what its worth.

I think part of why a lot of the guys in NC go Longhorn is because their right here in Trinity, NC. Local guys like being able to drive to the chassis builder within a reasonable distance.

Josh Bayko
06-06-2017, 09:14 AM
Rocket is tops because Mark Richards understands business the best out of all of them.

MaverickSprints
06-06-2017, 11:01 AM
Rocket is what GRT was in the 90's or whomever was hot before that. Trends come and go and sheeple are fickle. Toyota builds more cars than anybody, but I'd rather have a Ferrari.

zeroracing
06-06-2017, 06:40 PM
Maverick, good point, it is like GRT used to be. I should clarify I said Rocket is king, just in regards to volume of sales. I will take a Swartz over any of them myself any day.

Barbecueboy
06-06-2017, 10:13 PM
Rocket chassis been doing it well for a long time.....the two behind them weren't even around 7/8 years ago.......just sayin.
For club and longhorn to even be in the same breath speaks to the quality building going on in their camps.

I like the Swartz too, and almost everyone that's in one.

Barbecueboy
06-06-2017, 10:17 PM
Rocket is tops because Mark Richards understands business the best out of all of them.

Guy is a douche, but you are correct......

Josh Bayko
06-06-2017, 10:29 PM
Guy is a douche, but you are correct......

Don't have to be a nice guy to know how to make money. In fact, the most successful people I know have a tendency to be on the douchey side.

One thing that helps the company immesnsely is that Steve Baker is a heck of a nice guy.

25jrjr
06-06-2017, 10:36 PM
Don't have to be a nice guy to know how to make money. In fact, the most successful people I know have a tendency to be on the douchey side.

One thing that helps the company immesnsely is that Steve Baker is a heck of a nice guy.

Speaking from personal experience, Josh is a huge asset as well. He is a nice guy and willing to help all Rockets customers.

jog49
06-06-2017, 11:53 PM
I believe I'll have a douche. Mother says they're so refreshing!

How many here are old enough to remember where that one came from?

Black I
06-07-2017, 12:49 AM
Put a sec. order in for me lol.. I wonder when he does retire and builds more. Will he make house car, If so who you think will be the wheelman behind it? Before Landers dad took him out the car, it might look he had his foot in the door for that.

Scott has said he would like Babb but I never heard what Babb thought of it. Bobby has said Bloomer was his favorite growing up. We'll see:)