PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Top Bloomquist's Eldora Win Record??

BloomerHarvickFan
06-07-2017, 07:16 AM
Bloomquist has an incredible record at Eldora in the Dream and The World. Is there any driver out there right now, that has the ability, time left, resources to top his record. Here is the win list for the Big 2 races at Eldora (plus the Million)

1. Bloomquist 10 (4 Worlds, 6 Dreams)
2. Moyer 8 (6 Worlds, 2 Dreams)
3. Moran 6 (4 Worlds, 1 Dream, 1 Million)
4. Moore 3 (3 Worlds)
5. Purvis 3 (3 Worlds)
6. Owens 3 (2 Worlds, 1 Dream)
7. Birkhoffer 2 (2 Worlds)
8. McDowell 2 (1 World, 1 Dream)
9. Clanton 2 (1 World, 1 Dream)
10. Smith 2 (2 Dreams)
11. Davenport 2 (1 World, 1 Dream)

An interesting thing on this list. Freddy Smith is the only Multiple time Winner to have not won the World.

Pennsboro23
06-07-2017, 07:31 AM
The obvious answer is Bobby Pierce. At only 20 years old, he has one world 100 win. If he races for another 40 years, I could see him winning a few Worlds, and Dreams.

Josh Bayko
06-07-2017, 07:36 AM
There's a lot of great young talent in late models. Pierce has the best shot for sure. If Richards figures Eldora out in the next couple years, he has a shot too. Sheppard is capable of winning 100 lappers, it's only matter of time before he starts picking them up at Eldora, too. Devin Moran is finally in elite level equipment, he's got a shot, too.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-07-2017, 08:23 AM
As the car counts continue to shrink and super DLM becomes more of a national event-only deal, these records will become more achievable in the future.

MaverickSprints
06-07-2017, 08:27 AM
As the car counts continue to shrink and super DLM becomes more of a national event-only deal, these records will become more achievable in the future.

In the words on Metallica, "Sad, but true".

hucktyson
06-07-2017, 08:36 AM
Mastersbilt , so you assert that having less Bryan Gray types at the world is going to make the world easier to win ? The fast guys are getting faster. You don't have to beat the random locals to win the world you have to beat the professionals.

BloomerHarvickFan
06-07-2017, 08:49 AM
I think I kind of understand what Mastersbilt is getting at. If you have to run a gauntlet of 100 cars to get into the race, any mistake could cost you a chance at even racing. If the car counts are lower, there is more margin for error to get it. And Eldora is historically one of those places that to be in it, means you have a shot to win, if you get your car right.

WisWildManFan
06-07-2017, 09:49 AM
Whoever bloomquist decides to put in a house car when he retires.

joshroth14
06-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Bloomquist will still add a few more to that list. Hes got another 10-12 big races at Eldora left.

willardboy
06-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Bloomquist will still add a few more to that list. Hes got another 10-12 big races at Eldora left.I dont doubt that. How many more years do u think Bloomer will race? He sure doesnt seem to be slowing down.

Barbecueboy
06-07-2017, 10:33 AM
Mastersbilt , so you assert that having less Bryan Gray types at the world is going to make the world easier to win ? The fast guys are getting faster. You don't have to beat the random locals to win the world you have to beat the professionals.

I like how you say " Brian gray types" , when you are one yourself......hilarious.

Barbecueboy
06-07-2017, 10:35 AM
The answer to the original question is , NO......not ever.

WisWildManFan
06-07-2017, 11:00 AM
I like how you say " Brian gray types" , when you are one yourself......hilarious.That gave me a good chuckle

BloomerHarvickFan
06-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Bloomquist will still add a few more to that list. Hes got another 10-12 big races at Eldora left.

I agree. I could see him getting to 15. Tying Billy for Globes and putting the Dream out of reach.

With the way last year went down, I wont say I'm predicting it, but I wouldn't be surprised at a clean sweep this year.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-07-2017, 12:45 PM

I too laugh at the Gray jab.

But, no, the loss of Matt Miller types, Darren Miller types, Birky types makes the win much more doable. The creep of the fields to include more cars has helped as well. And yes, I know Matt Miller is still racing.

We are working our way toward the day that 25 cars show up for these events. Flame on!

dirtdobber45
06-07-2017, 01:22 PM
One day... maybe.... but I doubt it. Hes got more to win before hes done

CIRF
06-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Actually Jack Hewitt has 3 times the wins (around 30) bloomy has at Eldora driving 6 completely different types of racecars, including late models. Ol' Bloomy is gonna' have to pick up the pace just a bit if he's gonna' match those numbers.

Jack has won driving:

Silver Crown
Wingless 410 Sprints
Winged 410 Sprints
Midgets
Dirt Late Models &
Mortifieds

MI Dirt Fan
06-07-2017, 03:16 PM
I think the topic was strictly based on The Dream and The World

BloomerHarvickFan
06-07-2017, 07:57 PM
Yes, the topic was based on those 2 Crown Jewel Dirt Late Model Races (and the million which was essentially the Dream that year).
Jack Hewitt may have won a bunch, but his name is nowhere to be found on the World or Dream win list. You'd think if he were that awesome, he'd have at least one of them, once.

Hewitt started 2 dreams with a best finish of 18th, and Started 6 Worlds with an average finish of 15.8

25jrjr
06-07-2017, 08:02 PM

Not Mastersbilt......but aren't you 0-1 versus the "Bryan Gray types"?

Illtsate32
06-07-2017, 08:50 PM
Whoever bloomquist decides to put in a house car when he retires.Hes gonna put Pierce in one...

25jrjr
06-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Hes gonna put Pierce in one...

Ciara??? :)

dirtdobber45
06-07-2017, 10:15 PM
Hes gonna put Pierce in one...That might just be an unstoppable force right there.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Theres nothing unstoppable including you!

WisWildManFan
06-08-2017, 12:16 AM
Smooth, straight, and through the middle isn't Bobby's thing. Just 2 different styles that both obviously work.

Forward Bite
06-08-2017, 03:34 AM
I don't see anyone topping Bloomguist. Bloomguist is more than a racer. He knows more than most about preparing for the race. Know one uses better stratagey to win the race than Bloomquist.

BloomerHarvickFan
06-08-2017, 04:43 AM
Smooth, straight, and through the middle isn't Bobby's thing. Just 2 different styles that both obviously work.

I've been to several races, where just watching Scott's car in hotlaps or qualifying, you'd look at it and think he was slow, compared to guys who were violently tossing the car around, but he'd have faster times. That smooth straight style is fast, even if it's deceiving sometimes.

Bubstr
06-08-2017, 01:28 PM
I've been to several races, where just watching Scott's car in hotlaps or qualifying, you'd look at it and think he was slow, compared to guys who were violently tossing the car around, but he'd have faster times. That smooth straight style is fast, even if it's deceiving sometimes.

Good observation. Straight scrubs less speed off in the corners. Running the cushion the right way is not an option in time trials. Sure they chase the burm up the track, but it isn't a cushion until it firms up a little. Even then, there are only a hand full of drivers that do it right and out of these, they only hit it right on 3 of 5 corners. Guess if it was easy, everyone would do it. There is a difference between running a high line, pounding a cushion and running a cushion.

Some night, get your watch on them, when there is a good cushion about 3/4s into a feature and someone that can use it.

MI Dirt Fan
06-08-2017, 01:53 PM

Violently tossing the car around creates for wheel spin?

dirtdobber45
06-08-2017, 07:59 PM
Theres nothing unstoppable about you!Thanks hun appreciate that

Clayton_Wetter
06-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Actually Jack Hewitt has 3 times the wins (around 30) bloomy has at Eldora driving 6 completely different types of racecars, including late models. Ol' Bloomy is gonna' have to pick up the pace just a bit if he's gonna' match those numbers.

Jack has won driving:

Silver Crown
Wingless 410 Sprints
Winged 410 Sprints
Midgets
Dirt Late Models &
Mortifieds

Six different classes and only 30 wins?????? :)