PDA

View Full Version : The No Show Jimmy Owens

Rubbinsracin1
06-12-2017, 10:14 PM
Is he done? Really hasn't been anywhere competitive in 2-3 years. He wasn't even in the same ball park at Eldora. Is it time to step down back to mods? Just isn't what he was before.

25jrjr
06-12-2017, 10:20 PM
It sure was strange to see him hit the wall in qualifying both nights.

Most drivers got better in their xr1, Jimmy not so much.

Tireguy17
06-12-2017, 10:30 PM
Time to get back in a Zero car.

Black I
06-12-2017, 10:30 PM
Hate seeing this guy struggle. Hel of a nice guy!!! Sure hope he gets back on track,....

Black I
06-12-2017, 10:32 PM

Something man. not sure thats the answer but...

huskerdirt
06-12-2017, 10:35 PM
Is he done? Really hasn't been anywhere competitive in 2-3 years. He wasn't even in the same ball park at Eldora. Is it time to step down back to mods? Just isn't what he was before.

He just won a Lucas race a month ago.....Several top 5s since.

You sure thought he was the sh!t when he had a club 29 car.

blncfn57
06-12-2017, 11:24 PM

Straight from the 20 crew..... "Scott won't sell us one"

lw82
06-13-2017, 12:40 AM
Had a bloomquist car and won everything. NDRL bust him for juicin tires. Never been the same since. Also Reece left for a reason???

Drop Shock
06-13-2017, 02:19 AM
I don't think the xr1 cars really fit his driving style, they like to be driven pretty hard and sideways. I'd say Owens will end up in a Longhorn or back in one of the club 29 cars. That Swartz car he was parked beside at Eldora sure did drive around the bottom nice and smooth though.

Nasty55
06-13-2017, 02:49 AM
I love how all you guys seem to think that Jimmy is all washed up and needs to step back down to the modified... Lmmfao.... Jimmy is a long way from being washed up in a latemodel guys!! Just because he hasn't dominated like he normally does doesn't mean that he is washed up by any means! The XR1 definitely isn't the answer and although I agree he would be best suited in a Bloomquist chassis I feel that he needs to jump into his own stuff and get it rolling out there again! Just a thought is all....

chupp n bloomer fan
06-13-2017, 04:12 AM
Straight from the 20 crew..... "Scott won't sell us one"I'm guessing it has to with the fact that Jimmy is a fabricator. And in a couple of years, if that long, he'll magically have the LG dirt late model.

In saying that, he was by far at his best with Scott. Be nice if they could come to an agreement.

zyoung25
06-13-2017, 05:26 AM
It's hard to overcome bad qualifying effort at those races. He got into the wall hard Thursday, and had a late draw Friday. Qualifying good at those eldora biggies are the biggest key to making those prelim shows. He didn't do that either night, which put him in a hole. Same thing happened to Bloomer last year, and it ended up with him missing the show too. It just shows you how hard it is diggin out of that hole once you're in it. Jimmy will be fine, he was all smiles Saturday. I think he knew it just wasn't his weekend to be on the good side of luck.....on to the next one.

Chadly329
06-13-2017, 06:52 AM
Besides the fact that Jimmy was beatin' Bloomer in his own chassis, as a business man....why wouldn't Bloomer want him to come back? Then he would have, in my opinion, 3 of the BEST Veterans in his chassis.....Himself, Dale McDowell, and Jimmy Owens. All 3 have similar styles of driving too, so his chassis suits them perfectly!

george w
06-13-2017, 07:51 AM
I love how all you guys seem to think that Jimmy is all washed up and needs to step back down to the modified... Lmmfao.... Jimmy is a long way from being washed up in a latemodel guys!! Just because he hasn't dominated like he normally does doesn't mean that he is washed up by any means! The XR1 definitely isn't the answer and although I agree he would be best suited in a Bloomquist chassis I feel that he needs to jump into his own stuff and get it rolling out there again! Just a thought is all....

I guess there talking about the jimmy owens that sits 90 points outta the top 5 in 6th......... AHEAD of darrell lanigan and dennis erb jr an also mentioned above has won a lucas race within a month or so..... tough crowd. Hate to hear how you all feel about lanigan an erb jr ... must be some real backmarkers everywhere they unload.... its a tough series arguably the best in the world if your a tick off your lapped traffic anymore. Literally 1 crown jewel ago at the show-me he ran 2nd an 3rd on back to back qualifying nights was within striking distance the majority of the 100 lapper until a fuel pump let go late.

MEE
06-13-2017, 08:06 AM
JMO

I think any driver can have a bad luck or a good luck period.
I don't think that Jimmy in no way is washed up.
I watched him last month at tazewell and he lapped several cars till he
caught the 0.
He said in his interview that he knew the 0 would clear a path for him,
or he would've passed him.
I think he will be fine.
By the way if he wanted a bloomquist there are some used ones out there.
JUST MY OPINION.

fastford
06-13-2017, 08:37 AM

you hit the nail on the head nasty , i was getting redy to post the basic same thing , then i read your post . Before its over, you will see jimmy in his own stuff, but for now, I think he is still gathering info. At his age, he probably only has one chance at getting it right with his own chassis , so lets give him a little more time before we label him as washed up. JMO.....

tb1545
06-13-2017, 10:27 AM
So Owens no timed both thursday and friday qualifying and still raced his way into both nights a mains placing 15th and 16th. not great, but going from dead last qualifying to making the feature with 38 other cars in his group isnt bad. Saturday i guess prelim nights had points rewarded for qualifying or he wouldnt have been buried so deep in his heat and then had some bad luck. The same B feature as Bobby Pierce he was a few spots from making the show. So all he did all weekend minus qualifying is go forward and pass cars. Not a sign of anyone washed up in my opinion, not currently on the A game, but far from a no show. And for 2 guys that supposedly hate each other, bloomer and owens sure spend quite a bit of time chatting at every single race ive seen.

Bubstr
06-13-2017, 01:27 PM
Show me a driver that races 5k or above races and I'll show you someone that lost more races than he won., long term. Some people have unrealistic expectations.

UMPDream
06-13-2017, 04:03 PM
Straight from the 20 crew..... "Scott won't sell us one"

If I were Scott, and still trying to Win, I wouldn't be selling anyone his cars. Jimmy was his toughest competition when Jimmy was in Scott's cars. Scott lost several hundreds of thousands when Jimmy "won them all". Now that no one has his newest design, he can do what he did last Saturday night! If you want to be on top, don't sell your speed until your done.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-13-2017, 04:22 PM
If I were Scott, and still trying to Win, I wouldn't be selling anyone his cars. Jimmy was his toughest competition when Jimmy was in Scott's cars. Scott lost several hundreds of thousands when Jimmy "won them all". Now that no one has his newest design, he can do what he did last Saturday night! If you want to be on top, don't sell your speed until your done.

This is why i think bloomer will only have a house car when he retires

Clayton_Wetter
06-13-2017, 04:37 PM
This is why i think bloomer will only have a house car when he retires

It's you that has a house car dude!!

https://paleotool.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/tiny-house-on-wheels-ca-1926.jpg

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-13-2017, 04:45 PM
It's you that has a house car dude!!

https://paleotool.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/tiny-house-on-wheels-ca-1926.jpg

Yes and i will not part w it.

dirtdobber45
06-13-2017, 10:13 PM
Everybody has had good points on Jimmy and Scott. And yall have to remember that last bloomquist chassis he had was a generic. The latest version Scott was testing and wouldnt sell a copy of it. The ones that McDowell and Landers have are not the same as Scotts but their better than what he was selling. The Reese deal was the cherry on top. Yeah you might see them getting along in the pits but as that ol saying goes keep your friends close but your enemies closer..lol

dirtdobber45
06-13-2017, 10:15 PM
Yes and i will not part w it.Isnt your car smaller with a half moon on the door?

zyoung25
06-14-2017, 01:19 AM
Bring Chris Fox back, and we'll see the old Jimmy again. Some people seem to forget when Owens had his last good season, is when Fox bailed out. When Chris left near the end of the 2013 season I believe it was, is when Jimmy started to struggle a bit. He's never been the same since that time. It wouldn't matter what type of car he was in, Chris and Jimmy made a good team on the track.

nuff said
06-14-2017, 07:00 AM
Bingo........

Finnfan
06-14-2017, 09:28 AM
I've heard a few different angles that pretty much run the gamut, but does anyone know the real story that caused Chris and Jimmy to split, or is this the wrong place to ask????

Also, does anyone know why Jimmy stopped running Cornett engines, seems like he had a lot of success with them.

fastford
06-14-2017, 11:47 AM
from what i understood, fox was getting a little burned out and wanted to spend more time at home, never really new of any bad blood between them. My bet is he will be back pretty soon, especially if jimmy does try building his own chassis, but this last part is just speculation on my part. as for as engine goes, that may have been something to do with reese , but not sure.

Forward Bite
06-14-2017, 12:41 PM
I would love to see J O race a mod in the 50000 dollar to win race at Cedar Lake this week.