PDA

View Full Version : Radiator

zeroracing
06-13-2017, 06:10 AM
We run a steel block class, so front end weight is extremely important. Has anybody ran the LW radiators like afco's sinlge core dual pass? They claim less weight and better cooling from traditional two core single pass we have now but want to get real feedback. Anybody run them or another LW radiator with success?

riddle28
06-13-2017, 06:18 AM
we ran a modified radiator in ours for awhile with no issues, a lot smaller than a late model

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-13-2017, 08:22 AM
We run a steel block class, so front end weight is extremely important. Has anybody ran the LW radiators like afco's sinlge core dual pass? They claim less weight and better cooling from traditional two core single pass we have now but want to get real feedback. Anybody run them or another LW radiator with success?

AFCO used to sell a single-core single pass "alcohol" radiator. I used it for years on methanol. I switched to gas and used it successfully on a 23 degree 406 with 12.5 to 1 compression. It saved about 25# counting radiator and water.

UltimateRaceCars
06-13-2017, 08:37 AM
I used the Afco LW double pass radiator this season and have been very happy with it, cools well and a good weight savings.

25jrjr
06-13-2017, 03:49 PM
We ran one for 2 years on a steel block flat top motor, 1:1 pulleys, 4 blade gm fan, no shroud, no heating problems whatsoever.