PDA

View Full Version : Josh Bayko

NY DIRT
06-13-2017, 11:55 AM
Is super dirt week going to be held at Oswego Speedway again this year???

My people tell me that there was a meeting this past weekend between the Oswego speedway owners and the head of DIRT motorsports. It seems that the money that was promised to the speedway by DIRT and NY state to get the track ready to hold the event last year was NEVER given to them. The speedway spent a lot of money fixing the back grandstand, making the needed changes to the racetrack itself, getting the dirt, laying it down on the surface, making all of the needed changes for the parking of the competitors and so on.

The word is if DIRT does not pay last years money and this years money up front, there will be no dirt on Oswego speedway this year.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-13-2017, 01:20 PM
I was wondering how they could afford to do what they did at oswego when tbe contractors pulled out of the place there building cuz of $ owed to them. That motorsports complex is neat idea but i dnt think it will ever get finished.I always liked super dirt week when i lived up there in late 70's thru the 80's.

Josh Bayko
06-13-2017, 03:41 PM
Is super dirt week going to be held at Oswego Speedway again this year???

My people tell me that there was a meeting this past weekend between the Oswego speedway owners and the head of DIRT motorsports. It seems that the money that was promised to the speedway by DIRT and NY state to get the track ready to hold the event last year was NEVER given to them. The speedway spent a lot of money fixing the back grandstand, making the needed changes to the racetrack itself, getting the dirt, laying it down on the surface, making all of the needed changes for the parking of the competitors and so on.

The word is if DIRT does not pay last years money and this years money up front, there will be no dirt on Oswego speedway this year.

As far as I know, yes, SDW is at Oswego for 2017. There are no other tracks in NY that have anywhere near the infrastructure to pull it off. And the money was supposed to be straight up from the state, as per the retarded contract signed to keep SDW in NY once Syracuse was bulldozed. Considering the state still hasn't given Donnelly the money they supposedly promised for CNYRP, it wouldn't be all that surprising if Albany failed to square up with WRG and Oswego.

dirtcrazy4u
06-13-2017, 04:43 PM
Getting money from a state entity in that type of situation is risky at best. First it is dependent on when the contract was signed and we're the money was coming from within the state budget. Again dependent on what state department funds were coming from it can sometimes take up to a year to get paid. If for any reason there is a state emergency your contract gets cut by a percentage and I have seen in past situations people not getting pd at all. Again, very risky.