PDA

View Full Version : Brian Shirley

Highside Hustler25
06-16-2017, 06:00 AM
Switching to a XR1?

chupp n bloomer fan
06-16-2017, 06:15 AM
Switching to a XR1?Guessing he ran one last night? If so, monkey see, monkey do. Can't imagine them Longhorns aren't good for him, but maybe they just don't fit his style, and he's done trying to make them work.

zyoung25
06-16-2017, 08:28 AM
Him and Bradshear traded from what I've heard. Bradshear dropped off the outlaw deal anyway, and didn't seem to be doing much in his rockets.

Highside Hustler25
06-16-2017, 07:08 PM
Brian has now dropped off the WoO tour. Good for the Hell Tour.

highgroove
06-16-2017, 07:14 PM
Brian has now dropped off the WoO tour. Good for the Hell Tour.

That is good news...summer nationals haven't been the same without Brian, Brandon, and Dennis Erb.

kidrock
06-16-2017, 08:01 PM
Is he in Sycamore tonight?

kidrock
06-16-2017, 08:06 PM
Never mind I just seen on DoD he is there tonight

MidTnDirtFan
06-16-2017, 08:10 PM
Guessing he ran one last night? If so, monkey see, monkey do. Can't imagine them Longhorns aren't good for him, but maybe they just don't fit his style, and he's done trying to make them work.
Maybe he would have had better success if he had listened to Randy Weaver. He is the one that built the two Longhorns that Brian was running. Randy has had two different drivers win big races in his cars as well as his own success before his accident. So the cars he builds are competitive.
So maybe it isn't the Arrow!!!!

chupp n bloomer fan
06-16-2017, 08:20 PM
Maybe he would have had better success if he had listened to Randy Weaver. He is the one that built the two Longhorns that Brian was running. Randy has had two different drivers win big races in his cars as well as his own success before his accident. So the cars he builds are competitive.
So maybe it isn't the Arrow!!!!While I'm a huge fan of Weaver and Overton, just because they are good for one guy, doesn't mean they are good for someone else. He could just want a different feel outta his cars.

Not sure what your last statement is meant to say.

kidrock
06-16-2017, 08:20 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the car just didn't fit his driving style.

MidTnDirtFan
06-16-2017, 10:09 PM
While I'm a huge fan of Weaver and Overton, just because they are good for one guy, doesn't mean they are good for someone else. He could just want a different feel outta his cars.

Not sure what your last statement is meant to say.
My basic thought is that he didn't use the same basic setup at what Randy and Longhorn recommends. Driving styles are different for sure. But with Weavers basic set up three different drivers have been competitive. I watched Brian a few time at tracks in my area and he was all over the track. There wasn't any transition to allow the car to settle before hitting the gas.
Maybe his drive style needs changing not his cars

But that's just my opinion. Take it for what that's worth.

zyoung25
06-16-2017, 11:40 PM
He would get more feedback from Weaver than he will from rocket, he was solid in it last year is what's strange to me. There's already some stuff out there that certain rocket drivers have that others don't, and I'm not just talking about things the house car has either. The secret has been put for quite awhile now. The talk at eldora is will be banned come 2018, it doesn't seem to matter cuz they till can't beat the 0.

blncfn57
06-17-2017, 06:46 AM
My basic thought is that he didn't use the same basic setup at what Randy and Longhorn recommends. Driving styles are different for sure. But with Weavers basic set up three different drivers have been competitive. I watched Brian a few time at tracks in my area and he was all over the track. There wasn't any transition to allow the car to settle before hitting the gas.

But that's just my opinion. Take it for what that's worth.

The most puzzling part about this is Brian ran pretty good last year in these cars. Are they the same cars as last year? If not, did he purchase different cars from somewhere other than Weaver and now not getting the help he was last year? When the cars and the driver are proven to be able to win, it leads me to believe it's a information problem. Maybe Randy's not as available this year as he was last year. Isn't he out on the road consulting with another team this year?

blncfn57
06-17-2017, 06:58 AM
He would get more feedback from Weaver than he will from rocket, he was solid in it last year is what's strange to me. There's already some stuff out there that certain rocket drivers have that others don't, and I'm not just talking about things the house car has either. The secret has been put for quite awhile now. The talk at eldora is will be banned come 2018, it doesn't seem to matter cuz they till can't beat the 0.

There's alot of information out there with every "house" car that doesn't get passed along to anyone else. More times than not, the chassis itself is even a little bit different. The thickness of one piece of tubing or the material one piece of tubing is made of can make a difference and you wouldn't be able to see that when looking at 2 chassis sitting side by side. It's a tough game to keep ahead in, I don't blame anyone for keeping even a small advantage to themselves.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-17-2017, 06:59 AM
The most puzzling part about this is Brian ran pretty good last year in these cars. Are they the same cars as last year? If not, did he purchase different cars from somewhere other than Weaver and now not getting the help he was last year? When the cars and the driver are proven to be able to win, it leads me to believe it's a information problem. Maybe Randy's not as available this year as he was last year. Isn't he out on the road consulting with another team this year?The 116 Overton is in is his and Chip Stones team.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-17-2017, 07:02 AM

But that's just my opinion. Take it for what that's worth.I agree, it's business though, so he had to move on. I agree, Randy is good, Brandon is good, and JD was good in that car, so it was just a driver not liking them issue I guess.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-17-2017, 07:04 AM
He would get more feedback from Weaver than he will from rocket, he was solid in it last year is what's strange to me. There's already some stuff out there that certain rocket drivers have that others don't, and I'm not just talking about things the house car has either. The secret has been put for quite awhile now. The talk at eldora is will be banned come 2018, it doesn't seem to matter cuz they till can't beat the 0.Most of the people in the XR1's have raved about the feedback and the book they get. I know someone who has one and has never had an issue getting ahold of Rocket.

blncfn57
06-17-2017, 07:09 AM
The 116 Overton is in is his and Chip Stones team.

yea, I thought I heard that he was helping another team this year also, maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

blncfn57
06-17-2017, 07:14 AM
Most of the people in the XR1's have raved about the feedback and the book they get. I know someone who has one and has never had an issue getting ahold of Rocket.

I've heard the same about Rocket. I know they sell a lot of cars, but they always seem to be one of the most consistent chassis brands at or close to the top.

zyoung25
06-17-2017, 08:48 AM
There's alot of information out there with every "house" car that doesn't get passed along to anyone else. More times than not, the chassis itself is even a little bit different. The thickness of one piece of tubing or the material one piece of tubing is made of can make a difference and you wouldn't be able to see that when looking at 2 chassis sitting side by side. It's a tough game to keep ahead in, I don't blame anyone for keeping even a small advantage to themselves.

I don't think you got what I was saying. I know that happens with everyone that has a house car, that's how they stay ahead. What some of these guys have, is parts some can't get. There are only a handful of guys that have this certain setup. I'm sure the feedback is good as long, I bet it's not as good as those who have spent the extra money though.

Why would Shane Clanton leave integra after the season started with all the success he had with them? Think about it. That one seemed to slip by everyone.

BTExpress
06-17-2017, 10:44 AM
I was a little surprised Brian dropped off the WoO tour. He did have a win. It will be interesting to see what kind of schedule he runs for the rest of the year?

SHOE32
06-17-2017, 04:17 PM
Per DoD a sponsorship payment was not made therefore their budget has been cutback. That's why they are off tour.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-17-2017, 05:49 PM
I don't think you got what I was saying. I know that happens with everyone that has a house car, that's how they stay ahead. What some of these guys have, is parts some can't get. There are only a handful of guys that have this certain setup. I'm sure the feedback is good as long, I bet it's not as good as those who have spent the extra money though.

Why would Shane Clanton leave integra after the season started with all the success he had with them? Think about it. That one seemed to slip by everyone.Whose he with now?

MidTnDirtFan
06-17-2017, 05:52 PM
The most puzzling part about this is Brian ran pretty good last year in these cars. Are they the same cars as last year? If not, did he purchase different cars from somewhere other than Weaver and now not getting the help he was last year? When the cars and the driver are proven to be able to win, it leads me to believe it's a information problem. Maybe Randy's not as available this year as he was last year. Isn't he out on the road consulting with another team this year?
Well late last year I visited Randys shop and he was in the process of building two rollers for Brian so I would say that he had new cars at the beginning of the season

So other than that I dont know for sure. Maybe its just bad luck or the other guts have gotten better.

MidTnDirtFan
06-17-2017, 05:56 PM
yea, I thought I heard that he was helping another team this year also, maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

I would uave to think you might be referring to Rumley doing some consulting with Clint Boyer racing earlier this year. Randy is running his team and still building and repairing race cars out of his shop in Crossville TN.

PBR66
06-17-2017, 06:48 PM
Didn't Brian win alot of races in Rockets when he was starting on the national scene? Why would it be a surprise he goes back?

J20in1st
06-17-2017, 06:54 PM
That is good news...summer nationals haven't been the same without Brian, Brandon, and Dennis Erb.

Ya since birky stopped it hasnt been the same

ptown
06-17-2017, 07:01 PM
Ya since birky stopped it hasnt been the same

Birky's dominatrix wife won't let him race!

champion24
06-17-2017, 07:05 PM
Whose he with now?

I think Clanton went with Penske. If that's what you were asking.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-17-2017, 08:17 PM
Birky's dominatrix wife won't let him race!You are ridiculous. You realize he was in the Kay Gheer'd up 15 car right? He wasn't very good, and he didn't wanna put the time in to get the car to his liking. He said this himself. He has two boys who if not teenagers, they are right there. Could you possibly wrap your dam brain around the fact that maybe, just maybe, he might want to be a father. You know, actually spend time with his boys, not travel up and down the dam road trying to make it as a full time racer. Having no benefits or job security, or being able to see his boys grow up as he should. He is not the only one to quit, so I'm not sure why it is some of you wanna keep b!tching as if it's his wife's fault he said fuk it.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-17-2017, 08:18 PM
I think Clanton went with Penske. If that's what you were asking.Yep, thank you for replying. Not surprised, they have been flocking to Penske after Bloomerpuddin went there.

J20in1st
06-18-2017, 02:39 AM
Birky's dominatrix wife won't let him race!

O i hear ya loud and clear. Mama does NOT like seeing Birky shine

WisWildManFan
06-18-2017, 03:09 AM
You are ridiculous. You realize he was in the Kay Gheer'd up 15 car right? He wasn't very good, and he didn't wanna put the time in to get the car to his liking. He said this himself. He has two boys who if not teenagers, they are right there. Could you possibly wrap your dam brain around the fact that maybe, just maybe, he might want to be a father. You know, actually spend time with his boys, not travel up and down the dam road trying to make it as a full time racer. Having no benefits or job security, or being able to see his boys grow up as he should. He is not the only one to quit, so I'm not sure why it is some of you wanna keep b!tching as if it's his wife's fault he said fuk it.Lol wasted time and effort... Mines well call u surf

kidrock
06-18-2017, 06:34 AM
You are ridiculous. You realize he was in the Kay Gheer'd up 15 car right? He wasn't very good, and he didn't wanna put the time in to get the car to his liking. He said this himself. He has two boys who if not teenagers, they are right there. Could you possibly wrap your dam brain around the fact that maybe, just maybe, he might want to be a father. You know, actually spend time with his boys, not travel up and down the dam road trying to make it as a full time racer. Having no benefits or job security, or being able to see his boys grow up as he should. He is not the only one to quit, so I'm not sure why it is some of you wanna keep b!tching as if it's his wife's fault he said fuk it.

Very well said, sometimes other things become more important in life than racing and spending time with the family would rank right there at the top of the list.

As far as Brian Shirley didn't he run a Pierce car as well?

chupp n bloomer fan
06-18-2017, 06:53 AM
Very well said, sometimes other things become more important in life than racing and spending time with the family would rank right there at the top of the list.

As far as Brian Shirley didn't he run a Pierce car as well?Evidently some of these people aren't parents, I mean, wtf is so hard to understand? And even if she did play a part, so what, she should. A marriage/family is about everyone involved, not just me, myself, and I.

Shirley did have a Pierce car. I think it was either a short amount of time or about as long as this Longhorn stint.

ptown
06-18-2017, 08:03 AM
Evidently some of these people aren't parents, I mean, wtf is so hard to understand? And even if she did play a part, so what, she should. A marriage/family is about everyone involved, not just me, myself, and I.

All you do is bitch, I hope you aren't married.

kidrock
06-18-2017, 08:25 AM
Evidently some of these people aren't parents, I mean, wtf is so hard to understand? And even if she did play a part, so what, she should. A marriage/family is about everyone involved, not just me, myself, and I.

Shirley did have a Pierce car. I think it was either a short amount of time or about as long as this Longhorn stint.

I agree, like you said if she played a part he must have felt his marriage and raising his boys were more important then travailing up and down the road wondering if he was going to make enough money to put food on the table or pay the bills.

OK I thought he had run a Pierce car.

cgrace
06-18-2017, 08:34 AM
had pierce cars for at least a couple of years as did shep.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-18-2017, 10:29 PM
You are ridiculous. You realize he was in the Kay Gheer'd up 15 car right? He wasn't very good, and he didn't wanna put the time in to get the car to his liking. He said this himself. He has two boys who if not teenagers, they are right there. Could you possibly wrap your dam brain around the fact that maybe, just maybe, he might want to be a father. You know, actually spend time with his boys, not travel up and down the dam road trying to make it as a full time racer. Having no benefits or job security, or being able to see his boys grow up as he should. He is not the only one to quit, so I'm not sure why it is some of you wanna keep b!tching as if it's his wife's fault he said fuk it.

There seems to be a lot of circumstantial evidence that points to his wife. I guess guys like Bloomquist, ONeal, and others are just the worst fathers ever.

J20in1st
06-19-2017, 12:16 AM
Birky was in it for the haul with kay. Way different car then he was used to, tons of work was done and trying to get it sorted out. 1 too many birky lights and a good time was had after a night of racing and BAM mama says no more fun for you sir

thexfactor0210
06-19-2017, 06:16 AM
Didnt she make some comment public on Facebook about him being immature shortly after one night of racing. After that he declared he was fully retired for good.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-19-2017, 08:02 AM
There seems to be a lot of circumstantial evidence that points to his wife. I guess guys like Bloomquist, ONeal, and others are just the worst fathers ever.That's exactly what I said. Well said, way to put words in people's mouth. I thought you were smarter than this BS you just said, guess not.

Maybe I'll clarify, since you want to jump to fukin conclusions. For some, the racing life works forever. For others, it gets to a point where they say fuk it. The time, effort, money, lack of stable income, not being able to be around your family a lot, it becomes too much. Some can handle it and work with it, some can't. More and more are saying fuk it, not just Birky. Spin that however you want all knowing, these are words they have all said.

Really not sure how me, as a father, who has traveled for work, and worked stupid hours. And at times, day shift, and night shift, defending Birky and anyone else who decides to say fuk the racing life, is turned into me saying that these other guys aren't good Dads because they have made racing their careers, quite mind boggling. I understand these struggles partly. No not racing, but they go through the same sh!t as everyone else and worse. So I 100% get when some walk away.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-19-2017, 08:04 AM
All you do is bitch, I hope you aren't married.Lol. Ahh, you trying to spin what I said about your Midol a$$ back at me, lol, cute. Happily married with a wife and two kids, someone who understands the give and takes in a relationship. I see I touched a nerve with some of you, good.

ptown
06-19-2017, 08:08 AM
Lol. Ahh, you trying to spin what I said about your Midol a$$ back at me, lol, cute. Happily married with a wife and two kids, someone who understands the give and takes in a relationship. I see I touched a nerve with some of you, good.

Happily married here for 38 years, 3 children and 5 grandchildren. Now stop your silly nonsense you little squat to pee whiner.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-19-2017, 08:10 AM
Happily married here for 38 years, 3 children and 5 grandchildren. Now stop your silly nonsense you little squat to pee whiner.And you act like your 16, so carry on sweetie.

zach51
06-19-2017, 09:16 AM
We need to get Black in here to mediate!

MachineMasters
06-19-2017, 11:28 AM
Why would Shane Clanton leave integra after the season started with all the success he had with them? Think about it. That one seemed to slip by everyone.

Agreed.

I heard he found out Kid Rocket had an air shock, put together by INTEGRA, for a full year before he learned of it.

So he switches to Penske while saying SEE YA to Integra..

Josh Bayko
06-19-2017, 11:57 AM
Agreed.

I heard he found out Kid Rocket had an air shock, put together by INTEGRA, for a full year before he learned of it.

So he switches to Penske while saying SEE YA to Integra..

Cutting off your nose to spite your face almost never works out.

golddirt
06-19-2017, 12:17 PM
I must have clicked on the wrong thread I thought this was about Brian Shirley

fuzzyracing
06-19-2017, 01:53 PM
^^^^^LMAO^^^^^^^ Highjackers..... All Over!

Zonks32x
06-19-2017, 02:02 PM
All you do is bitch, I hope you aren't married.

If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black?!?!

Zonks32x
06-19-2017, 02:05 PM
What happens if Squirrel's team receives that missing sponsor payment? Does he jump back on WoO tour? He only missed 1 race over the weekend, due to rain.

Mantis
06-19-2017, 02:13 PM
Anyone know which particular sponsor failed to deliver the check?
At the start of the year I was reading ariticles of how Arnie Ranta was going all in this year with Brian chasing the WOO championship and it just seems odd that this team now would be dropping off due to financials.

J20in1st
06-19-2017, 06:49 PM
That's exactly what I said. Well said, way to put words in people's mouth. I thought you were smarter than this BS you just said, guess not.

Maybe I'll clarify, since you want to jump to fukin conclusions. For some, the racing life works forever. For others, it gets to a point where they say fuk it. The time, effort, money, lack of stable income, not being able to be around your family a lot, it becomes too much. Some can handle it and work with it, some can't. More and more are saying fuk it, not just Birky. Spin that however you want all knowing, these are words they have all said.

Really not sure how me, as a father, who has traveled for work, and worked stupid hours. And at times, day shift, and night shift, defending Birky and anyone else who decides to say fuk the racing life, is turned into me saying that these other guys aren't good Dads because they have made racing their careers, quite mind boggling. I understand these struggles partly. No not racing, but they go through the same sh!t as everyone else and worse. So I 100% get when some walk away.

You got to remember theres a lot of people on these boards that know these drivers or know someone who knows them. It was not by his own doing that he retired either time. Coming back is proof of that. Money is not short by any means at that household.

Jealousy is the root of that retirement.

Mud Packer
06-19-2017, 08:04 PM
What happens if Squirrel's team receives that missing sponsor payment? Does he jump back on WoO tour? He only missed 1 race over the weekend, due to rain.

Seldom does the payment show up after the fact. Most sponsorship agreements are scheduled for payment certain dates with the team. If the sponsor fails to deliver the money on time, the team normally takes it tough. They rely on that money to continue on tour. Without it, they either pay out of pocket or adjust accordingly to continue to race. The check's in the mail just don't cut it.

huskerdirt
06-19-2017, 08:12 PM
That's exactly what I said. Well said, way to put words in people's mouth. I thought you were smarter than this BS you just said, guess not.

Well said CnB. Very well said.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-20-2017, 03:53 AM

You made a lot of assumptions that seem to be contradicted. Yes, I got the impression you believe one cannot race and be a parent.

Walking away for the family has become the biggest BS cliché in racing as of late.

Barry Seal
06-20-2017, 05:27 AM
That's exactly what I said. Well said, way to put words in people's mouth. I thought you were smarter than this BS you just said, guess not.Maybe I'll clarify, since you want to jump to fukin conclusions. For some, the racing life works forever. For others, it gets to a point where they say fuk it. The time, effort, money, lack of stable income, not being able to be around your family a lot, it becomes too much. Some can handle it and work with it, some can't. More and more are saying fuk it, not just Birky. Spin that however you want all knowing, these are words they have all said.Really not sure how me, as a father, who has traveled for work, and worked stupid hours. And at times, day shift, and night shift, defending Birky and anyone else who decides to say fuk the racing life, is turned into me saying that these other guys aren't good Dads because they have made racing their careers, quite mind boggling. I understand these struggles partly. No not racing, but they go through the same sh!t as everyone else and worse. So I 100% get when some walk away.I think he was talking in sarcasm. Maybe not, just trying to help. Masterbilt1 does have a great understanding of late model racing. A lot more then most.

Barry Seal
06-20-2017, 05:43 AM
I think he was talking in sarcasm. Maybe not, just trying to help. Masterbilt1 does have a great understanding of late model racing. A lot more then most.Besides, sounds like bob Cullen didn't ponie up. Otherwise the door panel would look a lot different. I always wondered how one man had so much cash.

kidrock
06-20-2017, 06:24 AM
I never took that CNB saying you can't race and be a father. What I took from it was some would rather be a father and husband that is actually there to watch their kids grow up and be there with the wife day in and day out to help raise the kids instead of being gone all week or days at a time.

What works for may not work for another. Lets say Birky's wife did give him the ultimatum I guess Birky decided being a husband and father was more important. End of story.