PDA

View Full Version : PEORIA - UMP SN. UMP declears Moyer Jr the winner.

HoosierDirtFan
06-19-2017, 12:12 PM
Peoria Speedway
UMP Summer Nationals race
Per Dirt On Dirt - UMP Officials declear Billy Moyer Jr. the winner of UMP Summer Nationals race at Peoria Speedway.

huskerdirt
06-19-2017, 12:54 PM
And only collects 5k instead of 10k.

Anybody else find that part extremely odd?

zach51
06-19-2017, 01:06 PM

Coming from UMP? Not particularly. Although considering the circumstances, I think it is about as fair and logical as anyone could hope for.

Clayton_Wetter
06-19-2017, 01:09 PM

They did charge for a 10K show and had already taken in the high admission prices, right?

zooker25
06-19-2017, 01:12 PM
I think it is fair. Glad they did something about it a lot better then nothing! Did they receive points?

Shiny Side Up 18
06-19-2017, 01:17 PM
They did charge for a 10K show and had already taken in the high admission prices, right?Promoter made his money and gets to keep a lot of the purse. I can't say I'm thrilled.

Snake X3
06-19-2017, 01:25 PM
I think it is fair. Glad they did something about it a lot better then nothing! Did they receive points?

IT hasn't been decided yet. Knowing how they make up rules as they go along, anything is possible...like giving points for a race that went 1/3 of the way and no points for a full race. That's just the WRG

huskerdirt
06-19-2017, 01:26 PM
They did charge for a 10K show and had already taken in the high admission prices, right?

They deemed the show complete. So, you pay the whole purse out. JMO.

Coming from UMP? Not particularly. Although considering the circumstances, I think it is about as fair and logical as anyone could hope for.

I think its only deemed as fair if they pay the remaining purse through out the whole field.

huskerdirt
06-19-2017, 01:27 PM
IT hasn't been decided yet. Knowing how they make up rules as they go along, anything is possible...like giving points for a race that went 1/3 of the way and no points for a full race. That's just the WRG

I believe the same thing happened at Volusia. UMP can't get the F out of there own way.

Snake X3
06-19-2017, 01:39 PM
I believe the same thing happened at Volusia. UMP can't get the F out of there own way.

Agreed. Just follow your own dang rules. Stop making 5hit up as you go along.

I feel a Cody Mahoney screw job about to happen.

bullring
06-19-2017, 01:41 PM
Can somebody explain the reason for not paying the full purse? The money was already collected at the gate so why would he not get $10,000?

Black I
06-19-2017, 01:44 PM
WRG = We're Really Greedy

Anyone but bobby

Mantis
06-19-2017, 02:08 PM
I feel a Cody Mahoney screw job about to happen.

A DOD article posted earlier today stated Moyer won the weekly points with Mahoney taking second.

Since the powers that be are making up the rules as we go and not releasing any info pertaining to the points, I have no idea if the above statement is true or false other than trusting the all mighty DOD.

BloomerHarvickFan
06-19-2017, 02:23 PM
Fair thing to do, it seems from the promoters standpoint would be, to keep the fans happy, give them 1/2 price admission to another special event, or free entry to a regular weekly race at the track.

It seems very unfair to pay half the purse, AFTER the fans have paid full price, for a regularly scheduled non-postponed event.

BloomerHarvickFan
06-19-2017, 02:25 PM
UMP has always been a bit peculiar though hasn't it? I seem to remember a lot of drivers complaining about how different the UMP body rules were than anything else they ran.

B_K
06-19-2017, 02:30 PM
This makes zero sense other than to screw the drivers out of half the purse. All entry fees were paid. All gate money had been collected. This was not a two day show that got cut to one day. This show was 3 minutes from being a complete show. Please tell me what reason could possibly be floated as to how you could have paid the entire purse at that point, but not now.

I'm usually fairly understanding to a promoters plight, but this is a bit much.

Bubstr
06-19-2017, 02:36 PM
Nothing surprises me, when it comes to WRG and Peoria. All I can say, is STOP THIEF. First they took LaSalles race date. Now they took the money from the fans and the racers.

zach51
06-19-2017, 02:38 PM
This makes zero sense other than to screw the drivers out of half the purse. All entry fees were paid. All gate money had been collected. This was not a two day show that got cut to one day. This show was 3 minutes from being a complete show. Please tell me what reason could possibly be floated as to how you could have paid the entire purse at that point, but not now.

I'm usually fairly understanding to a promoters plight, but this is a bit much.

I don't necessarily disagree, however the promoter is actually doing more than he should in this case (if he was a greedy, no good for nothing A-hole as ya'll are proclaiming). He was willing to compromise, pay half. Heck man they lost 40 laps worth of hot dog sales!

B_K
06-19-2017, 02:58 PM
I don't necessarily disagree, however the promoter is actually doing more than he should in this case (if he was a greedy, no good for nothing A-hole as ya'll are proclaiming). He was willing to compromise, pay half. Heck man they lost 40 laps worth of hot dog sales!

No he's not. This is his absolute best case scenario.

Other options would have been to come back and finish the show, but he'd have to pay full purse then.

Act like it never happened and cancel. He'd be out all his expenses plus refunds.

zach51
06-19-2017, 03:05 PM
No he's not. This is his absolute best case scenario.

Other options would have been to come back and finish the show, but he'd have to pay full purse then.

Act like it never happened and cancel. He'd be out all his expenses plus refunds.

His best case scenario would be to keep all the money knowing that there wasn't an open date to make up the race.

Shiny Side Up 18
06-19-2017, 03:08 PM
They're making up the mod and hornet features Wednesday. That's the only time they will honor the rain check. And the best part? They're charging everyone who wasn't there $5 to get in.

B_K
06-19-2017, 03:22 PM
His best case scenario would be to keep all the money knowing that there wasn't an open date to make up the race.

Nope, that's called theft. Last time I checked still not legal in any state.

zach51
06-19-2017, 03:22 PM
Nope, that's called theft. Last time I checked still not legal in any state.

Good luck with that.

B_K
06-19-2017, 03:33 PM
Good luck with that.

Not sure what logic is going on in your brain. When in the history of ever has anyone ran a show, collected all fees and gate, and then neither paid out purse nor refund?

Drpepsi
06-19-2017, 03:33 PM
Peoria has a reputation for this type of action or lack of. One SN they did not grade the track and shocks were being blown like crazy. Another time, during their so-called 'State Championship' races at the end of the year they had two support classes' features before they run the late models. Then it rained out and expected everyone come back the next day. They didn't cut their intermission or run what a lot of people came to see first. It made a lot of out of town fans mad. I never went back and I was going some place to watch races every Saturday night and Peoria was no longer one of them. I am sure there are more that did the same. A promoter cannot control the weather but he can his program.

Jason is laughing all the way to the bank.

zach51
06-19-2017, 03:37 PM
Not sure what logic is going on in your brain. When in the history of ever has anyone ran a show, collected all fees and gate, and then neither paid out purse nor refund?

I am not disagreeing with you as to what "Should be" done. But unfortunate things happen weekly and fans "get screwed" in their mind. At least they got to see 20 laps of feature racing. May or may not be considered "money's worth", but that's just the game we play as fans. You are no rookie, you know how things go. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

So to clarify, the promoter owes a full refund to every fan?

B_K
06-19-2017, 03:49 PM
No, if it's a completed show he owes the full purse. Fans would not get any refund at that point. I'm not in favor of refunding anybody. I just don't see how you can justify cutting the purse when there was no economic harm (other than a few hotdog sales lost) done to the promoter. His gate was already there. He was ten laps from paying the entire thing. If it's complete, pay the purse.

zach51
06-19-2017, 03:58 PM
No, if it's a completed show he owes the full purse. Fans would not get any refund at that point. I'm not in favor of refunding anybody. I just don't see how you can justify cutting the purse when there was no economic harm (other than a few hotdog sales lost) done to the promoter. His gate was already there. He was ten laps from paying the entire thing. If it's complete, pay the purse.

Again, I really don't disagree. Maybe he offered to and Driggers said "SHH, pay half and lets split the rest"

Cardirt0
06-19-2017, 04:04 PM
Fans got ripped off the Drivers got ripped off and the track made a killing...

MI Dirt Fan
06-19-2017, 04:09 PM
Peoria Speedway
UMP Summer Nationals race
Per Dirt On Dirt - UMP Officials declear Billy Moyer Jr. the winner of UMP Summer Nationals race at Peoria Speedway.

Well, he was leading the race.

Cardirt0
06-19-2017, 04:12 PM
This is why some fans are just not going no more when the stands have no people in them they will have one one to blame but them selfs...

zach51
06-19-2017, 04:20 PM
That mother nature is a mean ole b*tch

Black I
06-19-2017, 04:56 PM
Congrats to BMJ!! Now give him the rest of his winnings!!!

Black I
06-19-2017, 04:59 PM
That mother nature is a mean ole b*tch

So isn't Sam :D

Black I
06-19-2017, 05:02 PM
Well, he was leading the race.

They called it official. He won! UMP should pay him what they all came for...

25jrjr
06-19-2017, 05:10 PM
In my area, if the heat races get done, its considered a full night for the racers and the fans. No refunds to either.

So in that sense, Peoria and UMP did the right thing. They ran 40% of the feature and got paid for 50%!

They could have said, screw you, but they didn't! Trust me, Im no fan of ump, either! They have tried to screw us many times during Speedweeks!

golddirt
06-19-2017, 05:19 PM
But!! You either get discount on another show OR see a double feature!

Black I
06-19-2017, 05:21 PM

Exactly!!!

25jrjr
06-19-2017, 05:24 PM

Not in my area....you don't get squat!

Other than....."see you next week"!

MUD MAESTRO
06-19-2017, 05:25 PM
Sept 30 Peoria 5K to win UMP Dirtcar special. Here is your chance. Do something special for the fans. They deserve it. Do something special for the drivers. They also deserve it. Be creative and spread some good will to each for a change. An astute promoter must realize hard feelings generated does not help your bottom line.

Highside Hustler25
06-19-2017, 05:38 PM
In my area, if the heat races get done, its considered a full night for the racers and the fans. No refunds to either.

So in that sense, Peoria and UMP did the right thing. They ran 40% of the feature and got paid for 50%!

They could have said, screw you, but they didn't! Trust me, Im no fan of ump, either! They have tried to screw us many times during Speedweeks!

That is the same policy that has been in place @ Peoria for years. Nobody should be surprised.

Black I
06-19-2017, 05:42 PM
That is the same policy that has been in place @ Peoria for years. Nobody should be surprised.

Time to get out of the 70's no?

25jrjr
06-19-2017, 05:43 PM

So.....cut that mullet and throw out them silk shirts! :)

MI Dirt Fan
06-19-2017, 05:46 PM
Most places I've seen are 6 events (and time trials if they do those) is considered a complete show.

Highside Hustler25
06-19-2017, 05:51 PM

No. My theory is if you're worried about getting screwed by the rain...stay home.

Highside Hustler25
06-19-2017, 05:53 PM
This place is great !

one minute everybody is slammin Jr. Jr. because of a tweet.

the next minute everybody is worried about his checkbook:rolleyes:

Black I
06-19-2017, 05:53 PM
So.....cut that mullet and throw out them silk shirts! :)

Never had either. Had striped bell bottom pants and hair like Bloomer tho :cool:

highgroove
06-19-2017, 05:55 PM
Sam and the promoter took the rest of the purse and went across to the street to the Strip Club and drank and gave the rest of the money to the girls.

Black I
06-19-2017, 05:55 PM
No. My theory is if you're worried about getting screwed by the rain...stay home.

I get that. It was an official race so imo BMJ should have got the 10,000. Looking out for the racer here...

Black I
06-19-2017, 05:57 PM
Sam and the promoter took the rest of the purse and went across to the street to the Strip Club and drank and gave the rest of the money to the girls.

Not sure if ur kidding because I would not doubt it one iota!

Thing is here... I don't think Sam likes girls.

Black I
06-19-2017, 05:59 PM
I feel this was all on UMP and PTown had no say in it...

klemmabyna
06-19-2017, 06:08 PM
this was a special event, not a weekly show. you took the money, called it official, but don't pay out the purse?

what would tony do?

MUD MAESTRO
06-19-2017, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=Highside Hustler25;2114506]No. My theory is if you're worried about getting screwed by the rain...stay home.

As much as it killed me, I did just that......EZ for me to say, going to dirt races for over
50 years, I've been there and done that many times.

25jrjr
06-19-2017, 07:06 PM

Or, by the promoter!

Years ago, it was absolutely pouring, called the track from their parking lot, and they said it wasn't raining! smh

B_K
06-19-2017, 08:18 PM
This place is great !

one minute everybody is slammin Jr. Jr. because of a tweet.

the next minute everybody is worried about his checkbook:rolleyes:

Has nothing to do with him. Didn't like him pre or post tweet btw.

Just lessens the credibility of the sport in general when you can't trust a major sanctioning body to do the right thing.

Mud Packer
06-19-2017, 08:21 PM

This new math is extremely difficult for me to follow. So for a 60 lap feature that they only ran 20 laps that is 40%? And for that they GAVE the winner 1/2 of the posted purse? WOW!!!!!

25jrjr
06-19-2017, 08:24 PM
This new math is extremely difficult for me to follow. So for a 60 lap feature that they only ran 20 laps that is 40%? And for that they GAVE the winner 1/2 of the posted purse? WOW!!!!!

That's that 6th grade edumucation for ya! I thought it was 50 laps.

3rd page before someone caught it!

turnleftandgasit
06-19-2017, 08:26 PM
Actually is only 33.33 percent.

Mud Packer
06-19-2017, 08:31 PM
That's that 6th grade edumucation for ya! I thought it was 50 laps.

3rd page before someone caught it!

This whole deal with UMP Summer Nationals is getting to be a big joke. How the he11 can anyone have any idea of what is going to happen next. The fans and drivers just being jerked off by a sanctioning body and very poor businessmen for promoters. Next up they will probably be paying in Monopoly money.

Snake X3
06-19-2017, 08:51 PM
A DOD article posted earlier today stated Moyer won the weekly points with Mahoney taking second.

Since the powers that be are making up the rules as we go and not releasing any info pertaining to the points, I have no idea if the above statement is true or false other than trusting the all mighty DOD.

You are correct. Fast Talk did mention that the points were decided even though the Dirt Wire said it was not. I am pretty sure Rigsby knows what happened whether UMP is saying at this point or not. So yeah...no points for a completed race, but full points for a race only 1/3 complete that never threw a checkered flag. Mahoney, BMJ and the fans got screwed.

Highside Hustler25
06-19-2017, 08:58 PM
This whole deal with UMP Summer Nationals is getting to be a big joke. How the he11 can anyone have any idea of what is going to happen next. The fans and drivers just being jerked off by a sanctioning body and very poor businessmen for promoters. Next up they will probably be paying in Monopoly money.

It is a messed up deal but don't blame Plummer. This is all on UMP. The late model portion is out of Jasons control. He is opening up the facility Wed. night for the 2 incomplete features. Just show your receipt or arm band.
And it's not Jason's decision on the 5 or 10 grand payout.

Mud Packer
06-19-2017, 09:07 PM
It is a messed up deal but don't blame Plummer. This is all on UMP. The late model portion is out of Jasons control. He is opening up the facility Wed. night for the 2 incomplete features. Just show your receipt or arm band.
And it's not Jason's decision on the 5 or 10 grand payout.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Plummer make the decision to water the track with rain bearing down on the track?

Shiny Side Up 18
06-19-2017, 09:14 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Plummer make the decision to water the track with rain bearing down on the track?Yes he did. The PA announcer said something to the effect of "Jason says the weather looks good so we're gonna water the track so we can have some great racin'." I had one eye on the radar the whole evening and knew we were going to be pushing it. We were going to make it if they hadn't decided to screw around. That's the part that frustrates me. It was completely avoidable.

Highside Hustler25
06-19-2017, 09:17 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Plummer make the decision to water the track with rain bearing down on the track?

We watched the radar the whole time. That storm cell blew up right over Peoria. It appeared the rain was initially going to miss us but the inevitable did happen. Trust me, he wouldn't have wasted the time if he thought it was going to pour.

blncfn57
06-19-2017, 09:33 PM
The promoter pays UMP the purse money plus the sanction fees BEFORE the event starts, UMP pays the payout. This decision had to be ok'd thru UMP or the promoter would not be getting any money back.

With Peoria's limited seating, I would never stick my neck out for a $10,000 to win show there if I was the promoter.
Had I got drunk and made the decision to do so, I would have cancelled as soon as the radar showed more than a 1% chance of rain.

Black I
06-19-2017, 10:05 PM
Has nothing to do with him. Didn't like him pre or post tweet btw.

Just lessens the credibility of the sport in general when you can't trust a major sanctioning body to do the right thing.

I like Jr but you'er Dam Right!! Every bit of it^^^

kidrock
06-19-2017, 10:43 PM
I was watching the radar from the app my radar and it looked like it was going to rain way before it did. I even posted a comment but, then the next thing I see the lates are on the track so I deleted my post. Then I pulled up the national weather channel and it showed the rain was just north of Peoria and then a few minutes later it started raining. Go figure so, It did look like they were going to get the race in but, with the threat of rain not sure I would have wasted the time to water the track.

Black I
06-19-2017, 10:47 PM
Dam*ed if you do and dam*ed if you don't...

kidrock
06-19-2017, 10:55 PM
Dam*ed if you do and dam*ed if you don't...

You know it....................................