PDA

View Full Version : Shirley's missing sponsor

President Clinton
06-22-2017, 04:52 PM
Anyone know why Arnie pulled the $$$$ on Shirley?

george w
06-22-2017, 05:11 PM
Seems odd to me he loses sponsorship jumps off the woo tour because of lack off money then jumps into a brand new xr1??

Mudweiser
06-22-2017, 05:23 PM
Seems odd to me he loses sponsorship jumps off the woo tour because of lack off money then jumps into a brand new xr1??

The way I read it, he swapped Bradsear for the longhorn he had been running..

george w
06-22-2017, 05:34 PM
That makes more sense then i guess, try em out without droppin any dough

george w
06-22-2017, 05:59 PM
His fb page say "new xr1" mabe its new to the team? Also noticed arnie ranta is not on the new wrap?

MI Dirt Fan
06-22-2017, 06:09 PM
The picture on the Rocket Twitter page says Welcome Back. The car says Bob Cullen racing. There is another car in the background I'm assuming is the old one with Arnie on it.

NormP
06-22-2017, 06:53 PM
His fb page say "new xr1" mabe its new to the team? Also noticed arnie ranta is not on the new wrap?

Dirtondirt says it's seven races old.

President Clinton
06-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Seen his car on Instagram and no Arnie on it

MI Dirt Fan
06-22-2017, 07:10 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rocket_Chassis/status/877718630464499713/photo/1

george w
06-22-2017, 07:17 PM
Dirtondirt says it's seven races old. right on i hope it works out for him, wish him the best

IL LM Fan
06-22-2017, 07:22 PM
http://arnieranta.webs.com/

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-22-2017, 07:37 PM
The way I read it, he swapped Bradsear for the longhorn he had been running..

Did they swap just 1 car each or did they do 2? I know duck had like 3 cars but not sure if they were all the same.

25jrjr
06-22-2017, 07:42 PM
Didn't the same thing happen between Arnie and Terry Casey?

Highside Hustler25
06-22-2017, 09:57 PM
Might want to say a little prayer for Arnie. Tough times.

Jim11h
06-22-2017, 10:24 PM
Stage 4 isn't good and very good reason to pull sponsorship

Mudweiser
06-22-2017, 10:24 PM
Did they swap just 1 car each or did they do 2? I know duck had like 3 cars but not sure if they were all the same.

Not 100%, but I'd say 2 if Shirley/Cullen had 2.. Figure the duck could bounce/receive more info running longhorns in their part of the country so to speak, and Shirley has history with rocket...

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-22-2017, 10:54 PM
Not 100%, but I'd say 2 if Shirley/Cullen had 2.. Figure the duck could bounce/receive more info running longhorns in their part of the country so to speak, and Shirley has history with rocket...

Idk what super duck was thinking when he switched to rocket. Must of had sour taste in his mouth at the time for longhorn.

racingfan99
06-23-2017, 01:22 AM
Stage 4 isn't good and very good reason to pull sponsorship

I agree, I don't know if lack of results on the WoO tour by Shirley had anything to do with it as Arnie stated in the dirtondirt article with Kevin Kovac earlier this season that the championship was the goal. Over 240 points and not even midway through the season certainly left that situation all but impossible. One win on the tour and back in 8th place may have been the clincher. More importantly thoughts and prayers to Arnie at this time of his life. My dad died of the same thing so I have an idea what he is going through. Keep fighting Arnie!

IL LM Fan
06-23-2017, 09:36 AM
Well, he shut down the business for now and is not taking orders. So there's loss of income as well as not much point in advertising. But we can only speculate. Those in the know aren't saying much apparently.

Good luck Arnie!

SFrancisFan15
06-23-2017, 07:06 PM
Prayers go out to Arnie and the best of luck for Shirley.

ksmitty79
06-23-2017, 11:04 PM
@sideways- I don't know what Duck was thinking trying to run the series. I wouldn't even consider him one of the top drivers around our area. Struggles to get top 5 in local shows..

chupp n bloomer fan
06-24-2017, 06:39 AM
@sideways- I don't know what Duck was thinking trying to run the series. I wouldn't even consider him one of the top drivers around our area. Struggles to get top 5 in local shows..There's a well known saying about "more money than brains", pretty sure he nailed that one.

And before someone comes to defend poor Ducky, I know he started out on the tour because he had the finances and people to be able to do it. And I 100% applaud him for giving it a shot. Hopefully he helps out someone younger with more talent, and stays closer to home for his business and to gain more experience and run better.

kidrock
06-24-2017, 07:49 AM
Thoughts and prayers to Arnie and his entire family is this difficult time in his life.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-24-2017, 12:04 PM
Thoughts and prayers to Arnie and his entire family is this difficult time in his life.Shame about Arnie, so many people taken by or affected by cancer. Only once it hits home do you really pay attention. Hopefully he can pull through and live a good life. Maybe even open his business back up. Best wishes to him.

WFO 3
06-24-2017, 10:49 PM
Squirrel having some bad mo jo shame he had to (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) on arine !!! Man did all could but squirrel didn't do his part got paid 6 figures and had the balls to talk trash about him rip his name off of a very sick man!! Good luck arnie !!!!!!! Hope you the best he will get his carma 👌 But he's about ran out of people to help used to be fan but but seeing all the folks he used up and talk trash about is shine the lite

schlieperfan9
06-25-2017, 12:36 AM
Squirrel having some bad mo jo shame he had to (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) on arine !!! Man did all could but squirrel didn't do his part got paid 6 figures and had the balls to talk trash about him rip his name off of a very sick man!! Good luck arnie !!!!!!! Hope you the best he will get his carma  But he's about ran out of people to help used to be fan but but seeing all the folks he used up and talk trash about is shine the lite

Heard Shirley bashing Arnie more then once even after getting a six figure check from him. Glad Arnie wised up and got rid of the squirrel, I doubt if there is anyone out there willing to give him much anymore. Hope Arnie gets well and stays with some racers that show some respect and appreciation.

cardshark21
06-27-2017, 01:09 PM
Heard Shirley bashing Arnie more then once even after getting a six figure check from him. Glad Arnie wised up and got rid of the squirrel, I doubt if there is anyone out there willing to give him much anymore. Hope Arnie gets well and stays with some racers that show some respect and appreciation.

Those other guys Arnie sponsors only talk good about him and he owns and sponsors the SummerNationals racer B1 Larson. I talked to him a couple of nights ago and he only talks super about Arnie and he has a deal of a lifetime. He continues to get better, hope Arnie does the same. I met Arnie at Farmer City this spring, super nice guy. Glad he is done with Shirley, smart mouth and thru away a hell of a deal!