PDA

View Full Version : Davenport racing schedule

#FALSuperman
06-27-2017, 12:51 PM
Wanting to get everyone's thoughts on JD having zero races between the Dream and July 6th. One month of NO wheeling. Will it be just what the BWRC team needs to reboot the batteries, or is it a precursor for what's to come with over half the season now complete. He has raced 30 times with only 1 victory, and only 25 remaining on the schedule. You can count on about 5 of those being rained out. It will be JD's lightest race schedule in years. Does he still have that fire that burns inside, to be the best and prove all the naysayers wrong, or has his flame run its course and will he move on from full time racing beginning in 2018. Perhaps even a new ride? I think JD is good for dirt track racing and would love to see him regain some of that moxy he once had. I'm interested to see what everyone thinks about Davenport and his future.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-27-2017, 01:19 PM
JD's not done by no means. Watch and see what happens!

MI Dirt Fan
06-27-2017, 01:22 PM
JD's not done by no means. Watch and see what happens!

You said that a month ago.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-27-2017, 02:45 PM
You said that a month ago.

Gone Fishing!

fastford
06-27-2017, 02:58 PM
Wanting to get everyone's thoughts on JD having zero races between the Dream and July 6th. One month of NO wheeling. Will it be just what the BWRC team needs to reboot the batteries, or is it a precursor for what's to come with over half the season now complete. He has raced 30 times with only 1 victory, and only 25 remaining on the schedule. You can count on about 5 of those being rained out. It will be JD's lightest race schedule in years. Does he still have that fire that burns inside, to be the best and prove all the naysayers wrong, or has his flame run its course and will he move on from full time racing beginning in 2018. Perhaps even a new ride? I think JD is good for dirt track racing and would love to see him regain some of that moxy he once had. I'm interested to see what everyone thinks about Davenport and his future.

a lot of this has been said about the Newport Nightmare as well, my take is, with all the big time racers being so equal in equipment , and so many stifling rules, its easy to fall into a slump, but you keep digging , and i dont think these two are washed up by any means , just regrouping.....

dirtcrazy4u
06-27-2017, 03:18 PM
Depends on Barry and what changes he makes to his program. If he stays status quo I think JD will be looking. There close but changes definitely need to be made. Both to the chassis and possibly power plant. How much change BWRC is willing to undertake will determine what JD does I believe.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-27-2017, 06:14 PM
The rock h roll express reunited?

#FALSuperman
06-27-2017, 07:45 PM
The rock h roll express reunited?There was a rumor about the band getting back together.That pretty 6 car is collecting a lot of dust. :D

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-27-2017, 07:52 PM
There was a rumor about the band getting back together.That pretty 6 car is collecting a lot of dust. :D

Kevin had to pull coil wires off the other day as engines were trying to fire up wanting to race

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-27-2017, 07:54 PM
There was a rumor about the band getting back together.That pretty 6 car is collecting a lot of dust. :D

I think those cars are used up as they ran like crap last times they were ran. Good refreshing or new ones would be good idea.

#FALSuperman
06-27-2017, 08:02 PM
I think those cars are used up as they ran like crap last times they were ran. Good refreshing or new ones would be good idea.Yes, brand new ones are in the works,..perhaps lol

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-27-2017, 08:11 PM
Idk why but jd seems to run his best in a longhorn. Ik it has alot to do w rumley but he seems comfertable in them. Not that there the only good winning chassis cuz theres others that roll pretty good into victory lane

#FALSuperman
06-27-2017, 08:19 PM
Longhorn fits his style better. I wouldn't mind even seeing how he would be in an XR1. No reason JD shouldn't be a top 10 driver.

TerryM
06-27-2017, 08:31 PM
Who are the naysayers you speak of?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-27-2017, 08:31 PM
Longhorn fits his style better. I wouldn't mind even seeing how he would be in an XR1. No reason JD shouldn't be a top 10 driver.

Has he ever been in a rocket for many times?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-27-2017, 08:35 PM

Man.... you just opend up a can off worms w that last sentance on here

dirtdobber45
06-27-2017, 09:06 PM
Sounds like Barry needs to change back to the old style and scrap this 'icon' chassis. JD did pretty well in the old style back in the day. Why fix something thats not broke?

#FALSuperman
06-27-2017, 09:12 PM
Sounds like Barry needs to change back to the old style and scrap this 'icon' chassis. JD did pretty well in the old style back in the day. Why fix something thats not broke?I think there was a little bit of rolling the dice involved. If you hit it big with a new chassis, then you're going to make a lot of cash

Illtsate32
06-27-2017, 09:52 PM
Pro Power or Andy Durham would help too...

MaverickSprints
06-27-2017, 10:06 PM
Idk why but jd seems to run his best in a longhorn. Ik it has alot to do w rumley but he seems comfertable in them. Not that there the only good winning chassis cuz theres others that roll pretty good into victory lane

You guys saw him run awesome for 1 really stellar season in a Longhorn and now that is the only car that fits his style... Look 2015 was a perfect storm for sure but not JD's only claim to fame. I've seen JD kick a$$ in a BWRC and a Rayburn in 2 different classes at the same track on the same night. The Rayburn was HIS personal car and the only swingarm in the field, on a dry slick flat dusty track against 23, 4 links. The BWRC was a custom built car he had Barry modify to simulate his Rayburn on the RR, known locally as the, "Stealth" car. His first win for Rumley was in a Rocket. He ran in the top 5 in Lucas Oil points in a BWRC for CBR, and was top 3 for a while that season too. JD has dominated the southern nationals in a BWRC multiple times. JD's was quick in a Bloomquist chassis too. If you want to believe there is some magic in a Longhorn that JD can't make it without, thats your business, but the record book says otherwise. Lastly, trying to rekindle the Rumley/Davenport pairing by mentioning bogus rumors on 4m won't work. Kevin reached his goals, succeeded and moved on to the next chapter in his life as did JD. They came, they conquered and for 1 glorious season they showed the world what was possible, but it was mission complete.

Next chapter...

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-27-2017, 10:12 PM
You guys saw him run awesome for 1 really stellar season in a Longhorn and now that is the only car that fits his style... Look 2015 was a perfect storm for sure but not JD's only claim to fame. I've seen JD kick a$$ in a BWRC and a Rayburn in 2 different classes at the same track on the same night. The Rayburn was HIS personal car and the only swingarm in the field, on a dry slick flat dusty track against 23, 4 links. The BWRC was a custom built car he had Barry modify to simulate his Rayburn on the RR, known locally as the, "Stealth" car. His first win for Rumley was in a Rocket. He ran in the top 5 in Lucas Oil points in a BWRC for CBR, and was top 3 for a while that season too. JD has dominated the southern nationals in a BWRC multiple times. JD's was quick in a Bloomquist chassis too. If you want to believe there is some magic in a Longhorn that JD can't make it without, thats your business, but the record book says otherwise. Lastly, trying to rekindle the Rumley/Davenport pairing by mentioning bogus rumors on 4m won't work. Kevin reached his goals, succeeded and moved on to the next chapter in his life as did JD. They came, they conquered and for 1 glorious season they showed the world what was possible, but it was mission complete.

Next chapter...

Ok thanks for your info but dnt b so sure of yourself on rumley!

#FALSuperman
06-27-2017, 10:13 PM
You guys saw him run awesome for 1 really stellar season in a Longhorn and now that is the only car that fits his style... Look 2015 was a perfect storm for sure but not JD's only claim to fame. I've seen JD kick a$$ in a BWRC and a Rayburn in 2 different classes at the same track on the same night. The Rayburn was HIS personal car and the only swingarm in the field, on a dry slick flat dusty track against 23, 4 links. The BWRC was a custom built car he had Barry modify to simulate his Rayburn on the RR, known locally as the, "Stealth" car. His first win for Rumley was in a Rocket. He ran in the top 5 in Lucas Oil points in a BWRC for CBR, and was top 3 for a while that season too. JD has dominated the southern nationals in a BWRC multiple times. JD's was quick in a Bloomquist chassis too. If you want to believe there is some magic in a Longhorn that JD can't make it without, thats your business, but the record book says otherwise. Lastly, trying to rekindle the Rumley/Davenport pairing by mentioning bogus rumors on 4m won't work. Kevin reached his goals, succeeded and moved on to the next chapter in his life as did JD. They came, they conquered and for 1 glorious season they showed the world what was possible, but it was mission complete. Next chapter...I, for one, was having a sense of humor with the "rumor mill". I have never suggested he can ONLY run in a Longhorn. JD never ran Longhorn long enough to know if that was his "best" chassis fit. XR1 I also mentioned and we all know he did well in BWRC before Rumley came calling.

#FALSuperman
06-27-2017, 10:16 PM
Ok thanks for your info but dnt b so sure of yourself on rumley!The band getting back together actually came from someone that knows as much as anyone on here does. Whether that ever happens, remains to be seen. Regardless, people need to lighten up on here. Too much hostility lol.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-27-2017, 10:43 PM
The band getting back together actually came from someone that knows as much as anyone on here does. Whether that ever happens, remains to be seen. Regardless, people need to lighten up on here. Too much hostility lol.

Yea no joke time will tell