PDA

View Full Version : Summer Nats at Pevely

slmcrewchief99
07-01-2017, 02:22 AM
Tell me I can't go wrong for making a 7 hour trek to watch a race. We had a bad night for our 1st night out and destroyed a car. I gotta get away from here but yall need to convince me to drive up. Plus I will be in my RV and assume I can stay overnight there.

Black I
07-01-2017, 08:24 AM
Well by now you're either on your way or scratched the idea. 7 hrs is a haul but if thats what you want to do I'm sure thay'll take your entry fee :cool:

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Have fun at Pevely, if you go.

jr29
07-01-2017, 08:37 AM
Pevely has a massive gravel parking area for RV's, tractor trailers, etc.

Illtsate32
07-01-2017, 08:44 AM
I would recommend this is gonna be a great show...

1forthe$
07-01-2017, 08:46 AM
ill be there to cheer you on slm99! first late model race of the year for me. I gotta get my priorities in line here....

Black I
07-01-2017, 08:54 AM
ill be there to cheer you on slm99! first late model race of the year for me. I gotta get my priorities in line here....

He said he's going there to watch. He destroyed his car last night.

slmcrewchief99
07-01-2017, 09:34 AM
The hard luck award at Greenville for the CompCams Series race was not the award we wanted. What it said in the DoD article didn't tell but 10% of story for us.As for Pevely, I don't mind the ride. I just want to see a good race. Hope a few of you can say I won't be disappointed. I'm gonna have a good time. I have my wife, my unmarried wife, and her 18yr old daughter with me. How can anyone go wrong on a road trip with 3 women......

Black I
07-01-2017, 09:55 AM
The hard luck award at Greenville for the CompCams Series race was not the award we wanted. What it said in the DoD article didn't tell but 10% of story for us.As for Pevely, I don't mind the ride. I just want to see a good race. Hope a few of you can say I won't be disappointed. I'm gonna have a good time. I have my wife, my unmarried wife, and her 18yr old daughter with me. How can anyone go wrong on a road trip with 3 women......

Wait, what???? You have a wife, your unmarried wife and her 18 yr old daughter with you??? Buddy if you don't have a good time we need to talk!!!! :D

Black I
07-01-2017, 09:57 AM
That's it!!! I'm moving back to Arkansas!!!!! :cool:

slmcrewchief99
07-01-2017, 10:57 AM
That's it!!! I'm moving back to Arkansas!!!!! :cool:
Somebody sounds jealous. Or maybe envious. LOL

slmcrewchief99
07-01-2017, 11:00 AM
I'm in Lake Village AR HAMMER DOWN!!!!!

muddy mike
07-01-2017, 11:25 AM
Can't go wrong with i55 its one of the best tracks in the country

slmcrewchief99
07-01-2017, 11:42 AM
Can't go wrong with i55 its one of the best tracks in the country

Thanks muddy

muddy mike
07-01-2017, 12:39 PM
Your welcome slmcrewchief99 hope you enjoy it. I'll be there close to the beer stand lol

Illtsate32
07-01-2017, 12:40 PM
They doing live track prep on i55 facebook page track looks great...

slmcrewchief99
07-01-2017, 04:54 PM
How many other 4mers will be here tonight???

ptown
07-01-2017, 04:55 PM
How many other 4mers will be here tonight???

We're on the road, should be there in 45 minutes.

slmcrewchief99
07-01-2017, 05:01 PM
Traffic has got us twice. Looking like 6:00 to 6:15 for us. Mile marker 125 on 55 north. I get off at 178 right?

rickybrown1952
07-01-2017, 05:02 PM
So far 40 late models in the pits

Illtsate32
07-01-2017, 05:05 PM
Herculaneum exit...if coming from south yes exit 178..

slmcrewchief99
07-01-2017, 06:09 PM
We are here. Looking forward to a great night!!!

slmcrewchief99
07-01-2017, 06:55 PM
For what it's worth I am sitting in the 2nd set of stands in turn 4. White shirt, Ford hat, 5th row up in the center. Feel free to stop and say hello...... Alan slmcrewchief99

slmcrewchief99
07-01-2017, 07:26 PM
Women made me move. Back straight. Last set of stands before the pit entrance.

Shiny Side Up 18
07-02-2017, 12:33 AM
Finish: Sheppard, Wells, Eckert, Clanton, Frank, Babb, Pierce, Moran, Bagley, Moyer. Sheppard may have had an illegally grooved tire per Facebook.

Illtsate32
07-02-2017, 12:34 AM
Sheppard won but hearing he had illegal tire...

Shiny Side Up 18
07-02-2017, 12:35 AM
Update: Tire is deemed legal.

Illtsate32
07-02-2017, 12:46 AM
Women made me move. Back straight. Last set of stands before the pit entrance.What did you think of the racing?

racingfool32
07-02-2017, 01:44 AM
WOW is all I can say. How did Shirley, Pierce, and Erb not wreck before Lap 28

Mudweiser
07-02-2017, 02:21 AM
Pierce had an interesting tweet earlier about a certain squirrel finding a nut.. I'm guessing this thread should get entertaining tomorrow after you guys see the video...

Barry Seal
07-02-2017, 02:43 AM
Pierce had an interesting tweet earlier about a certain squirrel finding a nut.. I'm guessing this thread should get entertaining tomorrow after you guys see the video...Never thought I would agree with bobby pierce. FFS how many times did Tyler Erb get (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ked by him. Talk about overrated. Reminded me of the old shirley, run five laps and guaranteed he would overdrive it and mess up. You can say what you want about Madden, but it was well deserved. Kudos to Madden.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-02-2017, 07:10 AM
Very exciting stuff right there. Shirley, Erb, and Pierce, if you'd told me they all crashed each other out, after watching the first like 30 laps, I wouldn't have been surprised. And Shirley was holding them other two up big time. Erb had that cushion really working. Bobby seemed to be trying something other than banging it off the cushion so he'd have a better chance in the long run I'd guess. Then for whatever reason Shirley gives Pierce a body slam. Erb and Pierce coulda pulled that move on Shirley or each other, cause Erb gave Bobby some breaks, and they both gave Shirley breaks, but they ran each other surprisingly well. Shirley was holding them up severely and was a moving road block. Guessing his body slam gave Pierce the LR flat.

But the icing on the cake is that retarded move Shirley put on Madden. Madden should beat his fukin a$$. He clean drove through Madden. And Shirley had messed up again and Madden made a good pass. And I don't really care for Madden. But he was driving a very good, smart race. Not cushion banging, just a smart methodical race. And Shirley dumps him and gives Pierce a flat. So I'd say Shirley better have a few cars that someone else bought, cause Bobby and especially Chris, owe him one.

Erb and Pierce, very exciting, and surprisingly clean, been nice to see them two battle it out, and if they coulda caught BShepp.

But, hey, that was wayyy more exciting than about any race I've seen this year yet.

JabberJaws83
07-02-2017, 08:08 AM
Wow, what a first trip to I 55! Congrats to Shirley on f'ing up a fantastic race. Never have liked that guy and last night was reassurance on why. Was hoping Madden would drag him out of the car.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-02-2017, 08:31 AM
Wow, what a first trip to I 55! Congrats to Shirley on f'ing up a fantastic race. Never have liked that guy and last night was reassurance on why. Was hoping Madden would drag him out of the car.It looked so blatant it ain't even funny.

slmcrewchief99
07-02-2017, 09:00 AM
Illstate it was very good. Just like it is always advertised at Pevely. I'm surprised at the surface. Always thought it stayed hooked up all night but it went slick all over. Kinda like how the Mag will do. I'm not knocking it cause thats the surface we are used to. Now as far as the Pierce flat. All 3 of those guys slid each other. And several times they slid across their nose and the other car had to check up. Say what you want but Shirley just crossed over and didn't lift. I was sitting on the back stretch looking right at it. I say it all the time. If sliding a car is how you pass, then expect a bad outcome if you do.
The crash did mess up a great shootout of a finish. I do have a question though. In Snats rules it says all cars that spin and make contact in the spin must restart tail back. Moran slid in there under Terbo, made contact, and stopped. Yet he got his spot back. It's not a big deal just don't understand the call.

jr29
07-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Great race.
And how about the crowd....it was packed.

zooker25
07-02-2017, 09:14 AM
You said it best Chupp and Bloomer fan. Shirley always tries to block a pass but I have never seen him get into guys like he did last night. But that was a great race. I think Pierce would have had something for Sheppard if not for the flat tire. I for one love watching slide jobs and cross overs! Thinking about making the 3 hr drive to Lincoln tonight but have to work Monday.

slmcrewchief99
07-02-2017, 09:15 AM
Correction, Moran slid under Frankie and stopped....

JabberJaws83
07-02-2017, 09:16 AM
Illstate it was very good. Just like it is always advertised at Pevely. I'm surprised at the surface. Always thought it stayed hooked up all night but it went slick all over. Kinda like how the Mag will do. I'm not knocking it cause thats the surface we are used to. Now as far as the Pierce flat. All 3 of those guys slid each other. And several times they slid across their nose and the other car had to check up. Say what you want but Shirley just crossed over and didn't lift. I was sitting on the back stretch looking right at it. I say it all the time. If sliding a car is how you pass, then expect a bad outcome if you do.
The crash did mess up a great shootout of a finish. I do have a question though. In Snats rules it says all cars that spin and make contact in the spin must restart tail back. Moran slid in there under Terbo, made contact, and stopped. Yet he got his spot back. It's not a big deal just don't understand the call.

Lol, I wouldn't call Madden's pass an exact slider. Shirley f'd up coming out of 2 and Madden took the lane. Shirley drilled him before he even entered 3, you don't crossover into someone's left rear that late down the back shoot. I was looking straight at it from turn 4.

JabberJaws83
07-02-2017, 09:20 AM
Correction, Moran slid under Frankie and stopped....

I too was surprised he got his spot back. He clearly stopped as part of the wreck even if he had nowhere to go.

slmcrewchief99
07-02-2017, 09:28 AM
Jabber I never said anything about the Shirley/Madden crash as a slider gone bad. They had already got together when I looked that way. I just said the crash ruined a possible awesome finish.

JabberJaws83
07-02-2017, 09:37 AM
Jabber I never said anything about the Shirley/Madden crash as a slider gone bad. They had already got together when I looked that way. I just said the crash ruined a possible awesome finish.

Right on! Just misread your post. Would of loved to see what Madden could of done with Shep, that bottom was coming in for him at the right time.

ptown
07-02-2017, 09:38 AM
All I can say is wow that was some great racing, and what the heck was Shirley thinking pulling that booby move on Madden.

WildBill32
07-02-2017, 09:58 AM
I guess the squirrel was looking for a nut. And then went nuts by taking out Madden. Hes lucky he did not get his nuts handed to him by Madden after that bonehead move! The said thing is..... That Erb was in a tight points chase going into that race with Shepperd and that move really cost him.

Mudweiser
07-02-2017, 10:43 AM
All I can say is wow that was some great racing, and what the heck was Shirley thinking pulling that booby move on Madden.

Drug test him! Only stoned ppl drive like that!! 😎

onlyfacts
07-02-2017, 11:47 AM
I guess the squirrel was looking for a nut. And then went nuts by taking out Madden. Hes lucky he did not get his nuts handed to him by Madden after that bonehead move! The said thing is..... That Erb was in a tight points chase going into that race with Shepperd and that move really cost him.Erb is in a tight point battle for 2nd with Moran, Madden, Eckert and Clanton. He is almost 200 points behind Sheppard.. WOO points are 2 points per position. And on top of all that last night was a show up points race so it didn't hurt Erb or anyone because they all got equal points.

Illtsate32
07-02-2017, 11:57 AM
Illstate it was very good. Just like it is always advertised at Pevely. I'm surprised at the surface. Always thought it stayed hooked up all night but it went slick all over. Kinda like how the Mag will do. I'm not knocking it cause thats the surface we are used to. Now as far as the Pierce flat. All 3 of those guys slid each other. And several times they slid across their nose and the other car had to check up. Say what you want but Shirley just crossed over and didn't lift. I was sitting on the back stretch looking right at it. I say it all the time. If sliding a car is how you pass, then expect a bad outcome if you do.The crash did mess up a great shootout of a finish. I do have a question though. In Snats rules it says all cars that spin and make contact in the spin must restart tail back. Moran slid in there under Terbo, made contact, and stopped. Yet he got his spot back. It's not a big deal just don't understand the call.Glad you enjoyed it we dont get too see these caliber of drivers here as much as we should. The racing here is great I have seen it lock down before but 9/10 times theres multi groove racing. Side note the tire off Sheppards I heard was grooved which is illegal but woo said it was just a big sipe...lol nothing like taking care of the homers..

chupp n bloomer fan
07-02-2017, 12:09 PM
Glad you enjoyed it we dont get too see these caliber of drivers here as much as we should. The racing here is great I have seen it lock down before but 9/10 times theres multi groove racing. Side note the tire off Sheppards I heard was grooved which is illegal but woo said it was just a big sipe...lol nothing like taking care of the homers..Mark is paranoid about tires. Like, you have no cleaners anywhere near them. So, not saying you're incorrect, but he is very careful about not making dumb mistakes.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-02-2017, 12:12 PM
The crash did mess up a great shootout of a finish. I do have a question though. In Snats rules it says all cars that spin and make contact in the spin must restart tail back. Moran slid in there under Terbo, made contact, and stopped. Yet he got his spot back. It's not a big deal just don't understand the call.While I agree sim about sliders, Shirley was holding them up big time, and then starting becoming a moving road block. I'm guessing the body slam he gave Pierce got him the flat. Then he topped it off with the Madden move. He was just wreckless, all I can think of.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-02-2017, 12:13 PM
Drug test him! Only stoned ppl drive like that!! Hair follicles, FBI, DEA, start an investigation asap. We need this dangerous stoner epidemic solved immediately.;)

Illtsate32
07-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Mark is paranoid about tires. Like, you have no cleaners anywhere near them. So, not saying you're incorrect, but he is very careful about not making dumb mistakes.Ya I was just reporting what someone in the pits said they witnessed..but it would shock me if woo would ever penalize the car in question being its the face of this tour..

cgrace
07-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Ya I was just reporting what someone in the pits said they witnessed..but it would shock me if woo would ever penalize the car in question being its the face of this tour.. you got it. few of the drivers have photos and are claiming tires were grooved dif than what hell tour allows. was suppose to be hell tour rules.

onlyfacts
07-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Glad you enjoyed it we dont get too see these caliber of drivers here as much as we should. The racing here is great I have seen it lock down before but 9/10 times theres multi groove racing. Side note the tire off Sheppards I heard was grooved which is illegal but woo said it was just a big sipe...lol nothing like taking care of the homers..Yeah just like ump took care of Bobby last year at the World with an illegal droop limiter.... lol nothing like taking care of the homies.

25jrjr
07-02-2017, 02:55 PM
My mentor used to say..."race with the squirrel(s), you'll get your nuts cracked"! :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-02-2017, 03:11 PM
My mentor used to say..."race with the squirrel(s), you'll get your nuts cracked"! :)

Coming from a nut hugger yourself!

25jrjr
07-02-2017, 03:21 PM
Coming from a nut hugger yourself!

This old Lionel Richie tune reminds me of your oral exploits with Jd! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYHMZqt8uUM

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-02-2017, 03:56 PM
This old Lionel Richie tune reminds me of your oral exploits with Jd! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYHMZqt8uUM

I have no interest in lionel richie music

onlyfacts
07-02-2017, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=Illtsate32;2117508]

Black I
07-02-2017, 04:21 PM
Hair follicles, FBI, DEA, start an investigation asap. We need this dangerous stoner epidemic solved immediately.;)

https://youtu.be/sbjHOBJzhb0

:D

chupp n bloomer fan
07-03-2017, 08:52 PM
https://youtu.be/sbjHOBJzhb0

:DIf that's serious, that's hilarious. And his name is Bill, even funnier, my first name is Bill. Some crazy stuff in there, very out there.