PDA

View Full Version : Mansfield Raceway

zer018
07-03-2017, 12:39 PM
Thanks for bringing the dirt back! One of the best facilities out there! We can't wait to go back!

NY DIRT
07-03-2017, 12:47 PM
My opinion is that it is only a matter of time before the DTWC will be held at this facility...

GEAR_HEAD
07-03-2017, 02:06 PM
My opinion is that it is only a matter of time before the DTWC will be held at this facility...

I hope you're right, the DTWC has overstayed its welcome at PRP and the facilities and racing would be much better at Mansfield.

Clayton_Wetter
07-03-2017, 03:53 PM
The track appears to be about a full half mile in size.

Looks like seating for about 4500 max. unless they have built some new stands.

TS FAN
07-03-2017, 04:02 PM
Said 4/10's. Racing looked good. Seating?

Mams
07-03-2017, 06:51 PM
The track appears to be about a full half mile in size.

Looks like seating for about 4500 max. unless they have built some new stands.

The main grandstand seats 7500.

Clayton_Wetter
07-04-2017, 05:53 PM
The main grandstand seats 7500.

Did they build some new ones? The main stands on the front stretch are about 500 feet long on Google Earth.

zyoung25
07-04-2017, 06:32 PM
I hope you're right, the DTWC has overstayed its welcome at PRP and the facilities and racing would be much better at Mansfield.

People bitch€d for years, wanting this race to find a home and it stay there, now it's found a home, you want it to move again. Do I think prp is the best place for it racing wise? No. I don't want to see this race get back on this track carousel again. The racing sucked for years at Pennsboro and nobody complained. The last two at prp have been decent.

People seem to forget it was at Lawrenceburg for one year, which is basically offers the same facilities that Mansfield has to offer. That lasted a year and it was on the moved again. It's not about the facilities either.

The DTWC is not going to move anytime soon.

I was glad to see this race was a success though.

GEAR_HEAD
07-04-2017, 09:57 PM
I'm all for the DTWC moving around. The only reason Lawrenceburg didn't get another shot was because of the geographical location. IMO the DTWC should only stay in one place for 3 years maximum, then move it.

3 wide
07-05-2017, 05:13 AM
How to you figure Mansfield is a better location than lawrenceburg.

Mams
07-05-2017, 07:23 AM
Did they build some new ones? The main stands on the front stretch are about 500 feet long on Google Earth.

Lived in Mansfield when the new grandstands were built. It was always claimed that they held 7500. Also that is what the website claims.

play4kps
07-05-2017, 07:47 AM
I think Oakshade would be a great track for the DTWC, 2 and 3 wide racing all the way around the track! Florence is also a fantastic track, 2 crown jewels at Florence is not a bad thing!

JustAddDirt
07-05-2017, 10:08 AM
I would love to see it moved from the current PRP. most of the time that track is a bottom feeder, blow all the river silt up on the racing surface one drove dustbowl. unless mother nature waters the $hit out of it.
no banking. flat up next to the wall. cannot even use the whole track.

only thing I see it has going for it is the camping space. other than that nothing
But what do I know

hoosier race fan
07-05-2017, 10:58 AM
I think Oakshade would be a great track for the DTWC, 2 and 3 wide racing all the way around the track! Florence is also a fantastic track, 2 crown jewels at Florence is not a bad thing!
Oakshade would certainly help fans relive the experience of Pennsboro.

Doc88D
07-05-2017, 02:08 PM
Oakshade would be a great racetrack. However the facilities could not support the crowd that shows up for this race...

acetone
07-05-2017, 02:31 PM
just put dirt back on bristol

CIRF
07-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Mansfield appears to be just slightly longer than 4/10ths (.433 mile) when measured up near the wall. Looks like a nice facility on the satellite imaging.

Was the asphalt removed or was dirt laid down over top?

JK4745
07-05-2017, 03:04 PM
Asphalt was removed. It's a great facility

goincircles
07-05-2017, 03:47 PM

Oakshade is definitely not the place to have something as big as the DTWC facilities are far from adequate the once 3 wide racing has not been the case most of the times in my opinion the track needs new clay I cant say when the last time that has happened but most of the time dust is heavy by the end of hot laps.Turn 1 & 2 ya never know what your gonna get bouncing from one hole to the next.

MI Dirt Fan
07-05-2017, 03:54 PM
the once 3 wide racing has not been the case most of the times in my opinion the track needs new clay I cant say when the last time that has happened but most of the time dust is heavy by the end of hot laps.Turn 1 & 2 ya never know what your gonna get bouncing from one hole to the next.
I saw that in the video of the AELT race there. Didn't look like what the comments you read about how great the place is.