PDA

View Full Version : Hudson O'Neal

kidrock
07-03-2017, 10:28 PM
Hudson O'Neal has been pretty impressive the last 2 nights finishing 3rd and 2nd respectively against some pretty good competition. .

MI Dirt Fan
07-03-2017, 10:44 PM
Yes there is some good young guns coming up. Devin Moran blew a right rear 24 laps in while leading.

kidrock
07-04-2017, 06:16 AM
Yes there is some good young guns coming up. Devin Moran blew a right rear 24 laps in while leading.

Yeah I like Moran as well.

TS FAN
07-04-2017, 11:00 AM
I am glad you started a thread I wanted to start. I hesitate because it winds up a trash session about you know who. LOL
Hudson is down right impressive, he is going to win races before long. Moran is downright impressive too. Personally I am happy for Eddie Carrier too.

kidrock
07-04-2017, 09:25 PM
I am glad you started a thread I wanted to start. I hesitate because it winds up a trash session about you know who. LOL
Hudson is down right impressive, he is going to win races before long. Moran is downright impressive too. Personally I am happy for Eddie Carrier too.

I agree glad to see Carrier get the win against some good competition.
Yes both Moran and Hudson are impressive. The sport is in good hands with the youngster we have now.

Yeah I know what you mean about the trash session I'm sure if we wait long enough it will happen.

Highside Hustler25
07-04-2017, 09:35 PM
Doesn't seem that long ago I remember Hudson tagging along with his dad at races. He was probably about 8-10 yrs. old. Hard to believe he's in a Super Late model already. He has certainly been impressive.

TS FAN
07-05-2017, 10:24 AM
Yeah I have known John Gill and Donnie O for years. Like them both. Both have young sons starting to race. Hudson seem for sure to be the "Real Deal Jr.". Not sure how John's son is doing though. He was at Florence a few times last year I think, but not sure if he still is racing.

CIRF
07-05-2017, 10:32 AM
This O'Neil kid appears to have a bright future awaiting him. IIRC young Mr. O'Neil ran top 5 driving a wingless 410 sprint car at Brownstown, IN a couple of years ago. Very impressive since those things are beasts.

On his website he has listed as his most wanted win: 'Chili Bowl Midget Nationals' - Tulsa (OK) Expo Center!! Gotta' love that!

Rollover
07-06-2017, 09:41 AM
Yeah I have known John Gill and Donnie O for years. Like them both. Both have young sons starting to race. Hudson seem for sure to be the "Real Deal Jr.". Not sure how John's son is doing though. He was at Florence a few times last year I think, but not sure if he still is racing.

Hudson is light years ahead of Remington Gill

Highwayman
07-06-2017, 02:14 PM
Hudson is light years ahead of Remington Gill Not knocking Hudson, but he has the advantage that his dad is still on the tour with a premier team. So top flight equipment, cutting edge setups and exposure to many many tracks across the country and racing door to door with some of the best. To my knowledge Remington hasn't had those same advantages, so not an apples to apples comparison or completely fair. Lots of talented young drivers coming along, but if I had a team I'd go with Devin Moran first, he's good on equipment and still gets the job done.

PRCKartRacer9
07-06-2017, 02:24 PM
I believe Hudson just got his driver's license within the past couple weeks as well. How many people can say they qualified top 2 for the World before they were allowed to drive to the races? The coolest thing about him and Moran are the way they carry themselves on and off the track. Unlike some of the other punks coming up, these two know what racing is all about.

Rollover
07-06-2017, 02:24 PM
Not knocking Hudson, but he has the advantage that his dad is still on the tour with a premier team. So top flight equipment, cutting edge setups and exposure to many many tracks across the country and racing door to door with some of the best. To my knowledge Remington hasn't had those same advantages, so not an apples to apples comparison or completely fair. Lots of talented young drivers coming along, but if I had a team I'd go with Devin Moran first, he's good on equipment and still gets the job done.

I get what your saying but they raced a crate show at Bloomington about a month ago and Hudson was in a black 24 car I believe not the normal excellent equipment he normally has. Hudson schooled Remington in the race. Not for sure how good the car was he was driving that night. From what Ive seen personally I cant see Remington ever being more then a local driver.

Highwayman
07-06-2017, 02:30 PM
I get what your saying but they raced a crate show at Bloomington about a month ago and Hudson was in a black 24 car I believe not the normal excellent equipment he normally has. Hudson schooled Remington in the race. Not for sure how good the car was he was driving that night. From what Ive seen personally I cant see Remington ever being more then a local driver. He may only ever be a local, but comparing a local crate driver to essentially a top tier tour driver simply because of who there fathers are isn't a fair thing to do in my eyes. My bet is Hudson had more laps in after florida than Remington has for the whole season. Laps make the difference, no comparison.

ChrisNunn
07-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Hudsons car is owned by the Burns family out of Indiana.

Rollover
07-06-2017, 04:59 PM
He may only ever be a local, but comparing a local crate driver to essentially a top tier tour driver simply because of who there fathers are isn't a fair thing to do in my eyes. My bet is Hudson had more laps in after florida than Remington has for the whole season. Laps make the difference, no comparison.

nobody compared them by who their fathers where from what i seen. laps do make a difference im just pointing the obvious hudson is the better driver.

Hoosier_Dirt
07-06-2017, 10:40 PM
Hudsons car is owned by the Burns family out of Indiana.

And they have a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-07-2017, 07:57 AM
He may only ever be a local, but comparing a local crate driver to essentially a top tier tour driver simply because of who there fathers are isn't a fair thing to do in my eyes. My bet is Hudson had more laps in after florida than Remington has for the whole season. Laps make the difference, no comparison.

I saw Hudson's first super race. It was obvious in about 2 laps that the kid was a rare talent.

Highwayman
07-07-2017, 05:28 PM
nobody compared them by who their fathers where from what i seen. laps do make a difference im just pointing the obvious hudson is the better driver.
That's fine, I just wasn't clear why he was being singled out.
Was it a match race between just those 2 cars or were there 22 other drivers who got schooled too?
Best of luck to Remington and Hudson, 2 fine young chauffeurs on the rise.

Hoosier_Dirt
07-08-2017, 05:29 AM
Hudson is a good talent, he's also always had the best equipment. I've been watching this Brandon Overton kid. He's really impressive! He schooled the Lucas boys at Cherokee last night, and has won numerous series races this year.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-08-2017, 06:51 AM
Hudson is a good talent, he's also always had the best equipment. I've been watching this Brandon Overton kid. He's really impressive! He schooled the Lucas boys at Cherokee last night, and has won numerous series races this year.Ain't no sh!t. Overton and The Dream, a Dream Team.

Highwayman
07-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Hudson is a good talent, he's also always had the best equipment. I've been watching this Brandon Overton kid. He's really impressive! He schooled the Lucas boys at Cherokee last night, and has won numerous series races this year.

Spot on. Yes Bradon has progressed nicely and his year struggling with WoO definitely helped prepare him for the ride he is enjoying now. Brandon is a very nice young man, I wish him well.

cratedaddyD21
07-08-2017, 12:43 PM
I expect more wins, unlimited money and some talent....not running in the top 5 anywhere should be disappointing. That "local crate" a new Capitol race car and that "first feature win at Brownstown", the kid was driving "Lucas Oil or WOO" equipment.........no one else even came close. Talent will take you a long way but someone footing the bill will take you further.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-08-2017, 09:22 PM
I expect more wins, unlimited money and some talent....not running in the top 5 anywhere should be disappointing. That "local crate" a new Capitol race car and that "first feature win at Brownstown", the kid was driving "Lucas Oil or WOO" equipment.........no one else even came close. Talent will take you a long way but someone footing the bill will take you further.

Is your favorite haterade grape? Guys like Stapleton and Mahoney in the 77 equipment have just as good of a car. Hudson has ran very few local shows. His talent is undeniable.

cratedaddyD21
07-08-2017, 11:56 PM
It's just the facts of the matter. You don't have to agree but the facts are the facts. I think I remember correctly, Alan Magner ran second that night which may have been a career best in an open late model for him and the local favorites Hines and Mahoney had a lot of trouble that night. Stapleton should have been a top 5 car, I really don't remember that for sure. I do remember it was a BoB Series race and Fisher and the other guys didn't show because Hines had the series points locked up. I agree on not running many local shows.....as he ran with the ILMS series and I would have to say again, LODLM or WOO equipment against your local crate guys.....

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-10-2017, 10:39 PM
It's just the facts of the matter. You don't have to agree but the facts are the facts. I think I remember correctly, Alan Magner ran second that night which may have been a career best in an open late model for him and the local favorites Hines and Mahoney had a lot of trouble that night. Stapleton should have been a top 5 car, I really don't remember that for sure. I do remember it was a BoB Series race and Fisher and the other guys didn't show because Hines had the series points locked up. I agree on not running many local shows.....as he ran with the ILMS series and I would have to say again, LODLM or WOO equipment against your local crate guys.....

Mahoneys trouble was being passed on a killer move by O'Neal. Fisher? Child please!

Clayton_Wetter
07-11-2017, 03:17 PM
Mahoneys trouble was being passed on a killer move by O'Neal. Fisher? Child please!

Oh it was a "KILLER" move all right. :)

cratedaddyD21
08-30-2017, 08:24 PM
This guy is an idiot.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-30-2017, 08:51 PM
This guy is an idiot.

You are back now, while Hudson is outrunning daddy and Lanigan?

dirtcrazy4u
08-31-2017, 08:00 AM
What Hudson is doing against the best SLM drivers out there is impressive. Gregg Saterlee and Hudson will go to the end of season for the rookie title this year. There are quite a few up and coming drivers that are out there. Who will be the best is just another p*ssing match on who you particularly like. Some if they get the right deal may be out on the road someday also.

Bforwarned
08-31-2017, 04:48 PM
Young O'Neil had a great run going at the Silver Dollar Nationals until the last few laps. I was very impressed.

dirtdobber45
08-31-2017, 11:21 PM
If Hudson keeps running like he has the last few races he'll end up with the ROY. Devin is looking awesome as well. Whats he 4th or 5th in points? Overton is getting the job done also. These three will go a long way

DipStik
08-31-2017, 11:34 PM
This guy is an idiot.

If you only knew, how wrong you are. ;)

Bubstr
09-01-2017, 11:10 AM
IMO, Hudson has a bright future if his backing continues. He is just like any other young man, learning a new profession. Some moments of brilliance and some that say duh. It takes time to polish them up. He is starting to shine.

james white
09-02-2017, 04:32 PM
That really helps.

keith94elliott
09-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Hey I know hud and don too he is getting ready to turn it on fast and Zach IS NO SLOUCH AT MAKIN stuff go fast