PDA

View Full Version : Feger vs UMP vs WOO vs Driggers vs Promoters

ptown
07-04-2017, 10:28 AM
I agree with everything Jason said, WOO/UMP is putting a major screw job on the guys that support and follow the Summernationals. Anther question, why would a promoter schedule a combined event when he could do two separately and double his profits.

JabberJaws83
07-04-2017, 10:44 AM
Maybe Feger should concentrate more on his racing program than saving the sport.

jr29
07-04-2017, 10:50 AM
There is some merit to his arguement. However, co-sanctioned races and show up money have been around racing forever.
And he complained about WOO teams having bigger budgets.... when he runs weekly shows at Farmer City is that not the same thing ?

JabberJaws83
07-04-2017, 11:45 AM
110+ cars in 3 classes. I didn't miss Jason running as a back marker at all

jr29
07-04-2017, 11:50 AM

Judging by the car count and the grandstands I don't think the promoters were heartbroken either.

HoosierDirtFan
07-04-2017, 12:05 PM

[B]It's obvious you don't understand Jason's point or statement. The only reason I-55 had cars is because of the payout. The rules and no tech at a lot of tracks have hurt the sport more then you might think. No teams go out and spend money they didn't have to spend because they either can't driver or they can't figure out how to set up the car; so they figure if I out spend the next guy I can buy speed. Well it don't work that way. The stupid rules and the b.s. with Sam and his cronies in Charlotte A.K.A. WRG have messed up this sport. Most are probably only there for the money. I think most racers and teams understand what Jason's said and I know a lot of folks that agree with what he said. Most of the b.s. hurts the little teams. Why go to a track to race with a series if there going to cater to a certain group of teams. I'd personally like to hear more of What Jason would like to say but maybe has kept his mouth shut on some of it. Granite he has side what's on his mind; but I think he would probably say more if he didn't think it might hurt him or the local guys who support their tracks. Yes he will likely be at F.A.L.S. for the PDC but the would be supporting his home track. Like a lot of us I think he just doesn't agree with where the sport is possibly headed if Promoters, Teams, and Sanctions don't get their heads out of their heads out of their @$$es.

cgrace
07-04-2017, 12:17 PM
so instead of TWO NIGHTS of racing for $10k. They only have ONE night. It's a win for promoters. Regardless of purse being raised. as a fan id rather have two nights of racing. they asked ump drivers last year who followed tour. ALL said NO co-sanction. plus i think the summernationals guys got points as a regular night., but woo got show up points. not 100% sure. while we are at it. Quincy looked much rougher than boswell so again UMP has no consistency. theres so much going on one of the drivers could start a did ya know facebook page under a diff name and fans wouldn't be happy with WOO or UMP. most of the drivers have dedicated their lives to racing and have spoken to UMP over years. but feger, griffaw (posted tire photo from other night) and others are the only ones that are willing to say it out loud. heck ump doesn't ever check mod tires ch3ck out posts from brooksie

cgrace
07-04-2017, 12:23 PM
the summernational drivers werent' happy they jsut don't say it so you hear it. most the local guys would rather have two shows as well that way they get the same purse for start as they usually do for goodfinish on local night.

JabberJaws83
07-04-2017, 12:37 PM
So say a track offered Jason show up money to come run a regular show. Do you think he would turn it down?

huskerdirt
07-04-2017, 01:19 PM
I understand Jason's point to a degree, but he needs to know where he's at on the food chain. If he wants to be treated like a national tour regular. Then go run a national tour. It really isn't that hard of a concept. When he won that Lucas race at Webster City a few years ago. Nobody sitting around me knew who he was, but they knew who finished 2nd that night. In general fans aren't paying 30 bucks to see Feger race at these national shows. Outside of Illinois, Feger isn't close to the draw that Bloomer or Moyer are.

Josh Bayko
07-04-2017, 01:34 PM
He spends more time b*tching than he does working to make his cars better. It's getting old.

golddirt
07-04-2017, 01:34 PM
Well said Hoosier. Some people just can't get it. He is sticking up for the little
guy and that was why Ump was started, level playing field
at all tracks. Why does someone always have to make it personal look around where are all
of the cars? No one builds cars anymore they attach parts I has lost its
Roots and that goes to people wanting to make a living racing dirt

jr29
07-04-2017, 01:46 PM
it paid either 700 or 800 to start most of the summer national guys were there how you think they got 41 cars with only 4 local showing up

There were at least ten locals.

blncfn57
07-06-2017, 08:16 AM
a co-sanction should never happen unless it's the 2 national touring series IMO or 2 series on the same level at least. If your series can't support itself, time to change something or dissolve it.

racer x16
07-06-2017, 08:43 AM
co-sanctions are the norm now but how about everybody on the same page for rules no exceptions

racer x16
07-06-2017, 08:48 AM
co-sanctions are the norm because no one has decent car counts anymore

Bubstr
07-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Car counts are like teeth, Don't take care of them and they will go away.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-06-2017, 01:13 PM
I understand Jason's point to a degree, but he needs to know where he's at on the food chain. If he wants to be treated like a national tour regular. Then go run a national tour. It really isn't that hard of a concept. When he won that Lucas race at Webster City a few years ago. Nobody sitting around me knew who he was, but they knew who finished 2nd that night. In general fans aren't paying 30 bucks to see Feger race at these national shows. Outside of Illinois, Feger isn't close to the draw that Bloomer or Moyer are.

He doesn't need to be a national regular or well known to be right.

Bubstr
07-06-2017, 01:25 PM
He doesn't need to be a national regular or well known to be right.

That would be convenient. Only the national touring driver could be considered right. Even a broken clock is right two times a day.

Highwayman
07-06-2017, 01:41 PM
He doesn't need to be a national regular or well known to be right. CHA-CHING! Right is right, regardless of status.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-06-2017, 04:33 PM
When someone brings up a good point we don't agree with, the American way has become to attack the messenger. When a racer has a good point, it becomes, "how many times did you beat Bloomquist?" I could care less. The content of the opinion is what matters.

Just because you can drive a race car well doesn't mean you have a concept of what is fair to local and regional racers.

HoosierDirtFan
07-06-2017, 04:37 PM
When someone brings up a good point we don't agree with, the American way has become to attack the messenger. When a racer has a good point, it becomes, "how many times did you beat Bloomquist?" I could care less. The content of the opinion is what matters.

Just because you can drive a race car well doesn't mean you have a concept of what is fair to local and regional racers.

Best post yet on this thread!

Barbecueboy
07-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Best post yet on this thread!

He does that a lot........

Black I
07-06-2017, 11:08 PM
He does that a lot........

He's learned from the best. You know, guys like you and I. :cool: