Saturday July 29-Tazewell Speedway-Tazewell, TN-$10,000 to win/53 laps

www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com

One Man Gang
07-07-2017, 12:34 PM
Drivers list ?

HoosierDirtFan
07-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Drivers list ?

Brandon Overton is doing all of them I seen on randy weaver website where Overton's schedule was listed.

MRM
07-07-2017, 02:24 PM
The ones I know of at this point:

Brandon Overton
Vic Hill
Ricky Weiss
Craig Vosbergen
Shanon Buckingham
Robby Moses
Donald McIntosh

The series will announce any others in the coming days.

dalemcfan
07-07-2017, 08:00 PM
What race format are they running this year?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-07-2017, 08:25 PM
The ones I know of at this point:

Brandon Overton
Vic Hill
Ricky Weiss
Craig Vosbergen
Shanon Buckingham
Robby Moses
Donald McIntosh

The series will announce any others in the coming days.

Davenport has it on his schedule

TerryM
07-07-2017, 10:42 PM
They going to run heat races? Or that qualifying and feature only stuff? We want to attend the Senoia, Swainsboro, Screven stretch, but only if they're running heat races.

huskerdirt
07-08-2017, 12:08 AM
Davenport has it on his schedule

He has one more race than I do currently listed on his schedule.

JinxNC
07-08-2017, 12:22 AM

If you get a good draw in your hot lap/ qualifying group you likely win the pole. After that you will not be required to see the track until some 4 hours later. Once the feature begins you MAY or may NOT have to start double file (depending on circumstances). All forthcoming restarts will be SINGLE FILE. The leader is allowed to start anytime after the OK sign comes out. 2nd thru last has to wait until they come back to the line.

Hope this helps.

TNDirt
07-08-2017, 12:45 AM
I heard Steve Casebolt might run the series again.

TerryM
07-08-2017, 06:20 PM
So no heat races?

Doc88D
07-09-2017, 05:28 AM
Its the south. You can almost guarantee that they will qualify and start the feature race straight up with fast car on the pole. Most of them you can just do pay out after qualifying and have the same result. It's no wonder the fans and cars come out in the Midwest, but not the south.

seifertfan2
07-09-2017, 10:27 AM
The last few years, the top 4 in qualifying run a dash for the first 4 starting spots. The rest run bmains for their starting spots, number of bmains depend on car counts.

golddirt
07-09-2017, 12:44 PM
That sucks !!!

bleedsbluer2
07-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Yes it sux thats why we wont be attending any of these races fans that pay hard earned money pay to see racing the heats are usually really the best part of the shows ray cook needs realize if it wasnt for the fans he wouldnt be putting shows on

huskerdirt
07-09-2017, 02:56 PM
The Ray Cook Special.....

MRM
07-09-2017, 10:03 PM
Heat races in the $10k races.

gb81racing
07-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Steve Casebolt has the whole schedule on his website!

TerryM
07-10-2017, 05:25 PM
I guess Screven only for our crew. That's a group of about 15 people per event. That's a lot of lost revenue for these tracks. I guess they don't care about money.

Flagmanfish22
07-11-2017, 04:12 PM
You guys have to also remember that most of these are week nights and that most of the fans have to go to work the next day as well. The schedule is condensed. And I will say this, you will miss a great one on the slick Gray Gumbo at Senoia if you don't attend.

This past weekend at Senoia, we had 12 features to run. We got all of them in before our curfew. But the kicker is that every race saw 3 and 4 wide racing all night long. Sometimes 5 wide. This is a place that could care less how fast you are in hot laps to qualifying to the feature. You will see passing, you will see great side by side racing. Only if you are on top of your game that night will it be that someone starts on the pole and leads every lap. That doesn't happen often there anymore.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-11-2017, 06:02 PM
You guys have to also remember that most of these are week nights and that most of the fans have to go to work the next day as well. The schedule is condensed. And I will say this, you will miss a great one on the slick Gray Gumbo at Senoia if you don't attend.

This past weekend at Senoia, we had 12 features to run. We got all of them in before our curfew. But the kicker is that every race saw 3 and 4 wide racing all night long. Sometimes 5 wide. This is a place that could care less how fast you are in hot laps to qualifying to the feature. You will see passing, you will see great side by side racing. Only if you are on top of your game that night will it be that someone starts on the pole and leads every lap. That doesn't happen often there anymore.It's a sh!t format no matter how you wanna slice it.

Clayton_Wetter
07-11-2017, 06:20 PM

This past weekend at Senoia, we had 12 features to run. We got all of them in before our curfew. But the kicker is that every race saw 3 and 4 wide racing all night long. Sometimes 5 wide. This is a place that could care less how fast you are in hot laps to qualifying to the feature. You will see passing, you will see great side by side racing. Only if you are on top of your game that night will it be that someone starts on the pole and leads every lap. That doesn't happen often there anymore.

Yeah right, if you say so. :)

One Man Gang
07-11-2017, 09:47 PM
Seen where Ivedent Lloyd Jr is planning to run whole series

b1eagle
07-12-2017, 03:32 PM
If you get a good draw in your hot lap/ qualifying group you likely win the pole. After that you will not be required to see the track until some 4 hours later. Once the feature begins you MAY or may NOT have to start double file (depending on circumstances). All forthcoming restarts will be SINGLE FILE. The leader is allowed to start anytime after the OK sign comes out. 2nd thru last has to wait until they come back to the line.

Hope this helps.If you wait 4 hours at Wythe it rained for 1 hour.Wythe Raceway is second only to Eldora.No single file train races at Wythe. You beter have your head on right because you are going 140 mph.Fred Brown and his staff are the finest people you will ever meet.

ShawnStreet
07-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Wythe is a great track. Just wish they'd have a really big race there!

GEAR_HEAD
07-13-2017, 10:10 PM

I guarantee that Ray will do everything in his power to eliminate any passing or racing that may occur, and give the fans as little racing to watch as possible.