PDA

View Full Version : Did b shepp get screwed ...yes or no

highgroove
07-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Per dod...b shepp won the weekly points, but was not rewarded the point money because he hasn't participated in all the events....has that always been the rule
Quote below ↓

t4g2
07-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Not surprised anymore with ump. So does second place in points that week get the $? Ump is getting shady more and more everyday. Even at brownstown they threatened the drivers that if they posted negative stuff on social media they would be banned by ump/wrg. Last I knew you had to run every race all week. Just another way for ump not to pay. Make up rules as you go.

reid boys
07-05-2017, 08:45 PM
Hate to rain on your negativity parade but page 6 of the rules first sentence under the payout chart.

kidrock
07-05-2017, 08:47 PM
If the rules state you have to be there all week and he wasn't I don't see the problem. Was that the rule from the beginning or did they just make the rule this week?

highgroove
07-05-2017, 09:12 PM
I understand its a rule now , but it seems like its a bad rule to me...if a guy comes in and puts on a show for the fans and leads the points that week, you should be able to collect the money.

ptown
07-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Still mad over the tire cheating last year?

t4g2
07-05-2017, 09:15 PM
My question is since he doesn't get the $ then who does? Ump or highest in points who runs all week?

huskerdirt
07-05-2017, 09:17 PM
The rule has been there the whole time.

Jesus, you guys are worse than CNN.

Wasn't there a length discussion about Feger saying UMP is screwing over the little guy?? This rule rewards loyalty and prevents somebody from coming in to steal the weekly points title. I think BShepp collected enough money this week that the 2,000 isn't gonna be missed.

kidrock
07-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Still mad over the tire cheating last year?

Then you should probably get over it and move on because, everyone else already has.

golddirt
07-05-2017, 09:43 PM
Hey pdiddle, your string is hanging out of
Your crotch

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-05-2017, 09:48 PM
Hey pdiddle, your string is hanging out of
Your crotch

Shhhh dont tell him. May be he will step on it.

golddirt
07-05-2017, 10:03 PM
He always does

Scott Boesel
07-05-2017, 10:47 PM
I thought the whole reason for the weekly points championship was for guys that couldn't do the whole tour but give them a chance to run a week for a little more money from a weekly point fund guess I misunderstood

huskerdirt
07-06-2017, 05:56 AM
I thought the whole reason for the weekly points championship was for guys that couldn't do the whole tour but give them a chance to run a week for a little more money from a weekly point fund guess I misunderstood

It is. But you have to run the whole week. I believe it was the same last year too.

Highside Hustler25
07-06-2017, 06:33 AM
It is. But you have to run the whole week. I believe it was the same last year too.

Correct. The rule has been in place since this format was implemented.

Did Shepp get screwed? No, but he made a bunch of money.

JabberJaws83
07-06-2017, 07:04 AM
Someone call Feger, I'm sure he has it all figured out

chupp n bloomer fan
07-06-2017, 07:50 AM
My question is since he doesn't get the $ then who does? Ump or highest in points who runs all week?Bobby does, he was second.

dirt FANatic 11
07-06-2017, 08:24 AM
"Unearned weekly positions awards will not be distributed"

Since 1st was technically won by Shepp, did UMP just pocket the $2K? Pierce is technically 2nd for that weekly segment, therefore only paid $1K? Very shady acticity

JabberJaws83
07-06-2017, 08:56 AM

Since 1st was technically won by Shepp, did UMP just pocket the $2K? Pierce is technically 2nd for that weekly segment, therefore only paid $1K? Very shady acticity

How is it shady? It's spelled out in the rules

BerckFan
07-06-2017, 10:18 AM

How is that shady? Isn't it their (ump) money to start with? Tell me why second should get it when they didn't earn it?

jog49
07-06-2017, 10:23 AM
What is it about perfect attendance do you not understand?

rc24
07-06-2017, 11:56 AM
LMAO Thanks Jog4o I was thinking it! Just didn't say it!

Bubstr
07-06-2017, 12:20 PM
Why would you say it is UMP money. It was entry fees, tire kick back money and promoter fees. If BShep was not considered in for the running, he should have no effect over the ones that did qualify. If UMP didn't pay first place money, they got paid for something that wasn't earned. The more you look, the more shady UMP becomes.

dirt FANatic 11
07-06-2017, 12:24 PM
Sponsors (dirt on dirt, Hoosier tire Midwest, u-pic-a-part, petroff towing & FK rods) put up $5k for each weekly points fund. UMP doesn't have any skin in the game when it comes to weekly point fund. So by keeping the 1st place (Sheppard), 8th (Unzicker) and 9th (Shirley) = shady business. The sponsors put up the $$$ for the drivers to help them offset costs, not the sanctioning series

Bubstr
07-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Sponsors (dirt on dirt, Hoosier tire Midwest, u-pic-a-part, petroff towing & FK rods) put up $5k for each weekly points fund. UMP doesn't have any skin in the game when it comes to weekly point fund. So by keeping the 1st place (Sheppard), 8th (Unzicker) and 9th (Shirley) = shady business. The sponsors put up the $$$ for the drivers to help them offset costs, not the sanctioning series

Well said, It was never intended to be UMP money.

Highwayman
07-06-2017, 01:31 PM
How is it shady? It's spelled out in the rules
How is that shady? Isn't it their (ump) money to start with? Tell me why second should get it when they didn't earn it? Not a Bobby fan, but if he ran the whole schedule and not doing that is why BShepp isn't getting paid for it, the honorable thing would be to delete Bshepp from the point structure completely and pay second for the championship, because epso facto Bobby would be the point leader. That would be the honorable way to handle it, but just pocketing the cash is NOT how Bob Memmer would have handled things. However since its WRG/Driggers that are calling the shots, I'm for one not surprised. Completely unethical organization.

fastford
07-06-2017, 03:26 PM
there is no honor in anything any more. those sponsors should ask for there money back beings they didnt have to pay it.

mis5s
07-07-2017, 11:52 AM
The money went to Bobby for 1st and I believe Babb for 2nd, ump didn't pocket any money! Brandon knew if he won the points for the week he wouldn't get it because he didn't run the entire week

jog49
07-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Now some of the dimwits have UMP stealing the sponsor money. Maybe some can now better understand how Donald Trump's complaints of "fake" news originates!

BTExpress
07-07-2017, 02:08 PM
"Now some of the dimwits have UMP stealing the sponsor money. Maybe some can now better understand how Donald Trump's complaints of "fake" news originates"

I have to agree. I know it is the mob mentality on this board to throw UMP under the bus at every turn, but Sheppard knew the rules, he is not on here complaining,and the sponsor $$$ filtered down the line.

Bubstr
07-08-2017, 11:52 AM
Now some of the dimwits have UMP stealing the sponsor money. Maybe some can now better understand how Donald Trump's complaints of "fake" news originates!

After the things that UMP have pulled this year, anything is believable. UMP reputation has hit a low note. If they said white 5k fans would say black. Not a optimum position for a leadership roll. Now I suppose you will say that, UMP paid full purse to Moyer jr for rain shortened Peoria race. Or that Driggers really did tell Josh Richards that he couldn't race in that car at LaSalle race.

Face it, UMP has been less than transparent with their decisions. Maybe they deserve the low level of trust, everyone gives them.

racer x16
07-08-2017, 12:08 PM
yes it all this going on but they still pack the stands and nice car counts during the tour

Bubstr
07-10-2017, 01:10 PM
yes it all this going on but they still pack the stands and nice car counts during the tour

True, Makes a person wonder i they wouldn't have to get new stands, if the sanctioning body did it's part. As far as car counts go. they do well in the areas where the tracks run weekly LMs. They used Crates at Kickapoo to fill the field, mostly because the Championship points are locked in at the top spots. I look for good car counts in MI. lots of cars. Not burned out and the weekly points is up for grabs on home tracks.

Highwayman
07-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Per dod...b shepp won the weekly points, but was not rewarded the point money because he hasn't participated in all the events....has that always been the rule
Quote below ↓

If the rules were already stated, "that you must have perfect attendance" ahead of time, then B Shepp screwed himself. Now if it was a rule change mid-stream then that wouldn't be cool. If your gonna run an outlaw "hit/run" kinda schedule you should just expect missing out on the extra goodies anywhere you go on be happy with the winnings.

huskerdirt
07-10-2017, 04:18 PM
After the things that UMP have pulled this year, anything is believable. UMP reputation has hit a low note. If they said white 5k fans would say black. Not a optimum position for a leadership roll. Now I suppose you will say that, UMP paid full purse to Moyer jr for rain shortened Peoria race. Or that Driggers really did tell Josh Richards that he couldn't race in that car at LaSalle race.

Face it, UMP has been less than transparent with their decisions. Maybe they deserve the low level of trust, everyone gives them.

If you want to have an agenda against an organization. Then the information you receive is filtered that way(in your mind) for you.

This is not an attack aimed at strictly you bubster, but some on this board clearly have an agenda against ump. I'll admit they have screwed the pooch at times, but other times they handled the situation the best they could.

Peoria deal. Thumbs down
Izzo/Richards. Thumbs up and down
BShepp deal. Thumbs up, it was already in the rule book.
Eldora tire deal. Thumbs up

Bubstr
07-11-2017, 01:19 PM
If you want to have an agenda against an organization. Then the information you receive is filtered that way(in your mind) for you.

This is not an attack aimed at strictly you bubster, but some on this board clearly have an agenda against ump. I'll admit they have screwed the pooch at times, but other times they handled the situation the best they could.

Peoria deal. Thumbs down
Izzo/Richards. Thumbs up and down
Eldora tire deal. Thumbs up

You may be right,as far as developing an agenda, but it's so easy around here. There is so much negative that it's catchy.

Peoria deal. Thumbs down, this was wrong in so many ways.

Izzo/Richards. Thumbs up that Izzo stood up to them and thumbs down to the WRG agenda that put Izzo in that position.

Eldora tire deal. Thumbs up for keeping everyone legal, nut thumbs down for transparency, they should have posted the tire report so there was no questions. As it is, WRG looks like it;s hiding something.

Looking back, it's very easy to have a agenda against WRG and Driggers. They're the bad apple in this basket.