PDA

View Full Version : This day in history...

Krooser
07-08-2017, 10:56 PM
https://thisdayinmotorsporthistory.blogspot.com/2017/07/sprint-car-hall-of-famer-jack-hewitt.html?spref=fb

Highwayman
07-09-2017, 10:07 AM
I like your posts, but I liked you other signature better about being a leafcar guy in a Rumley device world. I feel the same. How goes the car rebuild?

CIRF
07-09-2017, 12:41 PM
Thanks for posting the link, Krooser. Jack is a friend of mine and no one was more fan friendly than Jack all throughout his career. He still is. Jack is a hall of famer who could win in any type racecar. He was pretty tough in a dirt late model in spite of the fact that he only drove one maybe a half dozen times a year.

The night Jack won all 4 of the 4 Crown Nationals A-main's at Eldora is considered by many the greatest feat in the history of all dirt track racing. Count me solidly in that group.

Happy Birthday Jack!! We're looking forward to seeing you at Springfield!!

Krooser
07-09-2017, 05:33 PM
Hwy... the rebuild is kinda stalled... but not totally. Still accumulating parts. The motor needs some machine work and a few parts. I'll get busy with it again pretty soon.

Cirf... I've been a Hewitt fan for years... no matter what he drove. That 4 Crown deal was amazing!