PDA

View Full Version : Summer Nats at Danville

slmcrewchief99
07-09-2017, 04:32 PM
I will attempt to post updates tonight if I can. No promises with the pathetic way 4M is working. Any other 4m members going to be here?

reid boys
07-09-2017, 05:42 PM
I'm here right now

golddirt
07-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Track is ten minutes from me and I will NOT be there. I can not support this promoter. For those who go I hope it turns out good

reid boys
07-09-2017, 06:14 PM
Most random rain shower. Stupid thing is not moving fast.

slmcrewchief99
07-09-2017, 06:19 PM
21 supers and 23 mods. Very light rain shower for 5 minutes will only help the surface. Hot Laps were to start at 6:00. Running behind schedule a little.

slmcrewchief99
07-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Correction. Late arrival. 22 supers and only 22 mods.

slmcrewchief99
07-09-2017, 06:54 PM
21 supers and 23 mods. Very light rain shower for 5 minutes will only help the surface. Hot Laps were to start at 6:00. Running behind schedule a little.

pkracer
07-09-2017, 07:13 PM
Corners are pretty rough in hotlaps

slmcrewchief99
07-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Gardner won hot laps. The unsuspecting rain has made for a rough track. If they dont drag the track some it may turn to a corn field.

Cardirt0
07-09-2017, 07:31 PM
The guy that runs the place runs Boswell an cant do a track for his life...He has no idea what hes doing....

WildBill32
07-09-2017, 08:11 PM
There was talk that some of drivers were going to boycot this track because of the promoter.

Cardirt0
07-09-2017, 08:13 PM
8pm an have not even Q yet Now you know why golddirt did not go.....

slmcrewchief99
07-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Cardirt0 I blame it more on the rain. Heats are starting now. I just hope everyone has race monitor. I not fighting this BS to post updates. FIX THE (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) WEBSITE!!!!!

slmcrewchief99
07-09-2017, 08:57 PM
Feger Pierce BMJr heat 1

Cardirt0
07-09-2017, 09:00 PM
Feger Pierce BMJr heat 1

4M is now a joke,,, but thanks if you can and thanks if you cant......

slmcrewchief99
07-09-2017, 09:01 PM
Gundaker Stubber Gilpin heat 2

slmcrewchief99
07-09-2017, 09:05 PM
Overall fast qualifier Gardner misses the heat call. Will start tailback.

slmcrewchief99
07-09-2017, 09:09 PM
Larson, Unzicker 162??? Heat 3. 1 lane track on the bottom.

Cardirt0
07-09-2017, 09:27 PM
Logan Moody

WildBill32
07-09-2017, 09:39 PM
DirtVision.com has live audio for this race. Late Model A-main next up.

slmcrewchief99
07-09-2017, 09:42 PM
Thanks WildBill. Act of congress to post from the track.

Cardirt0
07-09-2017, 10:02 PM
Thanks WildBill. Act of congress to post from the track.

Congress or 4M Both not working LOL

slmcrewchief99
07-09-2017, 10:37 PM
Train race. Feger Gundaker Pierce Gardner Stubber. Top 5

WildBill32
07-09-2017, 10:40 PM
Only 8-cars were left running at the end of this one.

Shiny Side Up 18
07-09-2017, 10:48 PM
Sounds like Boswell all over again. Glad I didn't go.

slmcrewchief99
07-09-2017, 10:54 PM
There is a time when TOO much water hurts the racing. Track was just way to tractioned up. Slow it down about a second and I think it would have been a good show. When some of these tracks are WIDE open, you just can't pass.

golddirt
07-09-2017, 11:34 PM
Slm this has more to do with the promoter. Do some digging on him. I feel sorry for the fans that went.

race14
07-10-2017, 06:38 AM
This place is always a dump

blncfn57
07-10-2017, 07:36 AM
There is a time when TOO much water hurts the racing. Track was just way to tractioned up. Slow it down about a second and I think it would have been a good show. When some of these tracks are WIDE open, you just can't pass.

Be careful, you'll upset Clayton

TackyTracker
07-10-2017, 08:18 AM
congrats to Feger... keep it up

Shiny Side Up 18
07-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Hopefully Feger doesn't have a tire "problem" considering how vocal he has been on social media recently.

Clayton_Wetter
07-10-2017, 04:19 PM
Cardirt0 I blame it more on the rain. Heats are starting now. I just hope everyone has race monitor. I not fighting this BS to post updates. FIX THE (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) WEBSITE!!!!!

Oh but you are!!! :)

tigwelder
07-10-2017, 04:55 PM
only 3 cars were racing. the rest were on a Sunday drive. one was just missing the holes and earning points and making money. looked like a practice night. when is UMP ever going to learn.

Cardirt0
07-10-2017, 05:11 PM
Just watch the F and for a track that was too wet it shour was a lot of dust flying ... The Guy that runs the place is the only guy i know that could F==k up a track with 2 much water and dust would still be flying...LOL

golddirt
07-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Exactly Gary. I hate to say it but Danville hasn't been worth two Nickles since Bill Marietta had it. Phil Richardson could prep it good.

Clayton_Wetter
07-10-2017, 05:39 PM
And that is the truth!!!

Clayton_Wetter
07-10-2017, 05:47 PM

And yet the dust was flying on that wet track? HMMMMMM

kidrock
07-10-2017, 07:05 PM
I will at least give the guy credit fro trying to keep a track open especially if these tough times for tracks.

highgroove
07-10-2017, 08:13 PM
Not taking anything away from jasons win , but per dod, almost half the field was made up of local crate cars. And after a few laps they pulled off and collected their start money.. Seems like after highland the cars stop dropping off....i think last year their were only a few cars that ran the whole thing .

slmcrewchief99
07-10-2017, 10:50 PM
I can see where this is gonna end up in a p!ssing match already. I dont give 10 sh!ts what you watched on DoD. The track had too much water on it. Took an extra hour to roll the track in. They hot lapped the hobby stocks and supers. Then they bladed the track before the mods timed in. Why, because there was a foot tall cushion in the bottom groove of the track!!! Then they worked the track again because the mods put another cushion back on it again. The supers ran heats on a 1 lane cushion on the bottom again. It was wide azz open and no passing except for a car that jumps the cushion. Before the mods ran they bladed it again. Same thing again for them. 1 lane for them too. On the cushion!!! At intermission they graded the track. They box bladed the track and ran the sheeps foot over it. Well I'll be d@mned. It didnt help. Both features were ON THE CUSHION and it was NOT on the top of the track. Both ends ended up being about the middle of the track. Guys could run thru the very bottom and be where there was no moisture. But I will bet you my left nut that CUSHION was the ONLY place where you could make any speed. Why, because it was WFO on the cushion because the track was too wet to start the night. I'm not some 16yr young snot nosed kid. Ive been doing this for 35yrs. Turn wrenches on a super most every week. Have been working with the same team for 13yrs. I do know what the he1l I am talking about. Now if you want to argue any more then pm me and I will give you my cell number. Be more than glad to tell you how I really feel about it!!!!!

WildBill32
07-10-2017, 11:20 PM
smlcrewchief99... I think your spot on about the track. You had a longgggg a$$ drive this weekend. I hope you were able to enjoy some of your trip this weekend. The Mod race last night sounded like a wild one. With a car going on its roof & 1st and 2nd getting taken out buy a big wreck. With Kenny Wallace going on to win. And TY for giving updates last night.

golddirt
07-11-2017, 03:08 PM
Slm, I wasn't there so I don't know about track conditions. What has everyone upset is the promoter , he is the one that also owns Boswell. Think about this, why wasn't there more cars there?almost half were crates, yes there is a reason. Mike has absolutely no people skills what so ever. He treats fans and drivers like shi t. Don't believe try talking to him. Dirt racing does not need him. He is lucky to have six car features on weekly shows and 60 fans. Drivers that live 10 minutes from his track drive two hours elsewhere to race. See the picture? I'm done

Shiny Side Up 18
07-11-2017, 03:20 PM
Slm, I wasn't there so I don't know about track conditions. What has everyone upset is the promoter , he is the one that also owns Boswell. Think about this, why wasn't there more cars there?almost half were crates, yes there is a reason. Mike has absolutely no people skills what so ever. He treats fans and drivers like shi t. Don't believe try talking to him. Dirt racing does not need him. He is lucky to have six car features on weekly shows and 60 fans. Drivers that live 10 minutes from his track drive two hours elsewhere to race. See the picture? I'm doneAnd he wants to build a new track in Indiana too.

slmcrewchief99
07-11-2017, 06:42 PM
Golddirt I understand fully what you are saying. Being a track owner/promoter is not for everyone. It takes people skills beyond belief to take on such a task. It sounds like this guy doesn't have those skills. I hate that for the fans as well as the racers. This kind of thing happens in every region. It may take a year or 2 but most of the time these things tend to work themselves out because this kind of promoter can't withstand the loss. He will step away and someone else will take his place.
I am sorry for the rant I went on last night. I feel like I got called out by a couple of guys and it kinda got to me. There seems to always be a select few that think they know EVERYTHING and only their opinion is allowed. I will always value that said opinion if they happen to be in attendance and have a clue what they are talking about. But don't call me out and make a joke about it, especially if you aren't there to see it in person. I was there from 3pm till midnight. I know exactly what I saw and described it just like I saw it. So that's why I responded like I did. I usually don't get too upset about those kind of comments but sometimes you just have to stand you ground. It's time to make that stand.
I was over 10hrs from home. I enjoyed every minute of it. No matter how good or bad the racing was it was worth every penny it cost me to be there. I sat around some really cool guys at Highland and Danville. Met SSU18 and talked to him for a few minutes at Highland also. Got to watch some guys race that I haven't seen before. So those are the memories I made this weekend. It's something I will always remember. The good Lord has blessed me with WAY more than I deserve. Just to be able to make it there is more than I ever expected I could ever do. If my sales counterpart didn't have to have a new pacemaker and take vacation the rest of the week, I would still be there. I really wanted to follow the tour to Michigan and Ohio. There is always next year though. And like I've said before. Maybe I will be there again but in the pits with our own race team beating on body panels with all the other crewguys.

Clayton_Wetter
07-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Golddirt I understand fully what you are saying. Being a track owner/promoter is not for everyone. It takes people skills beyond belief to take on such a task. It sounds like this guy doesn't have those skills. I hate that for the fans as well as the racers. This kind of thing happens in every region. It may take a year or 2 but most of the time these things tend to work themselves out because this kind of promoter can't withstand the loss. He will step away and someone else will take his place.
I am sorry for the rant I went on last night. I feel like I got called out by a couple of guys and it kinda got to me. There seems to always be a select few that think they know EVERYTHING and only their opinion is allowed. I will always value that said opinion if they happen to be in attendance and have a clue what they are talking about. But don't call me out and make a joke about it, especially if you aren't there to see it in person. I was there from 3pm till midnight. I know exactly what I saw and described it just like I saw it. So that's why I responded like I did. I usually don't get too upset about those kind of comments but sometimes you just have to stand you ground. It's time to make that stand.
I was over 10hrs from home. I enjoyed every minute of it. No matter how good or bad the racing was it was worth every penny it cost me to be there. I sat around some really cool guys at Highland and Danville. Met SSU18 and talked to him for a few minutes at Highland also. Got to watch some guys race that I haven't seen before. So those are the memories I made this weekend. It's something I will always remember. The good Lord has blessed me with WAY more than I deserve. Just to be able to make it there is more than I ever expected I could ever do. If my sales counterpart didn't have to have a new pacemaker and take vacation the rest of the week, I would still be there. I really wanted to follow the tour to Michigan and Ohio. There is always next year though. And like I've said before. Maybe I will be there again but in the pits with our own race team beating on body panels with all the other crewguys.

Okay sir, you were there and I was not. So until I see a video of this race I will not comment any further than to say, was there dust or not? And also if the track had been packed between races those cushion problems could have been prevented possibly? Or do you just plain like a dry slick racetrack?

ptown
07-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Okay sir, you were there and I was not. So until I see a video of this race I will not comment any further than to say, was there dust or not? And also if the track had been packed between races those cushion problems could have been prevented possibly? Or do you just plain like a dry slick racetrack?

I seen the race on DOD, the dirt looked different than what we see in the Midwest but it didn't look dusty just rough.

Cardirt0
07-11-2017, 07:25 PM

This guy could F==k up road kill...

Dirt Clod
07-11-2017, 07:33 PM
Watching the replay on DoD, there was no dust. The track looked pretty narrow with a rough cushion. No more than two wide. You could tell how rough it was by hearing the engines rev up when they would hit rough spots in the corners and start bouncing. Too bad for the race teams and fans.

slmcrewchief99
07-11-2017, 09:02 PM
They pulled a box blade over the cushion every time and knocked it off. The track was wet enough that when the cars got back on it that the cushion came right back on it again. They did that a half dozen times. At intermission they put the Motor Grader on it. Graded all the way to the top of the track. But again because it had so much moisture in it that it came back again. Only this time the cushion was about 1/3rd off the bottom in 1 & 2 and about the middle of 3 & 4. The packing that was done at the start of the night was done by the supers. How often does your main draw pack??? Each packing after that, it was done by 2 trucks and a Dodge Durango that would barely run. I personally walked to my RV at intermission when it was graded off. It still had enough moisture in it that you could here it in the sound off their tires as I walked close to the track. Whether you agree or not that's just fine. It's your opinion. But in some rare cases there is such a thing as too much water. This was 1 of those times.
And no, I don't plain just like dry slick tracks. Traction is not a problem if it's a multi groove track. Dry slick is not a problem if it multi groove. 1 lane racing, no matter the surface, is not fun to watch. The night before I complained as much as anyone about Highland NOT having enough water on it. They totally reworked the track after time trials and made it better. It just didn't hold up to 50 laps. About 25 to 30 laps in the track went 1 lane on the bottom. It sucked. Point blank. So no, I don't "plain love dry slick".

golddirt
07-11-2017, 09:30 PM
Very good points SLM. Dam n this sounds like the old 4m !!!good discussions about racing !!

racer x16
07-11-2017, 10:02 PM
This guy could F==k up road kill... more like a wet dream

reid boys
07-11-2017, 10:06 PM
I was there and I feel like slmcrewchief99 is spot on with everything he said. Cushion too big and too close to bottom.

Phatdaddy
07-12-2017, 02:24 PM
This is my hometown track. It sucks to see it go downhill. Through the years, a lot of the past promoters and employee say that it's not easy working with the fairboard. It's also hard that the local economy isn't in a position to support weekly racing at this track.

golddirt
07-12-2017, 02:32 PM
Good point phats it didn't use to be that way

Cardirt0
07-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Can remember when this was one of the bests tracks... the man that knew how to do the track there is Dead... And now so is the track... And the fair board there is a bunch of A$$ holes and that ant changed...

Clayton_Wetter
07-13-2017, 03:30 PM
They pulled a box blade over the cushion every time and knocked it off. The track was wet enough that when the cars got back on it that the cushion came right back on it again. They did that a half dozen times. At intermission they put the Motor Grader on it. Graded all the way to the top of the track. But again because it had so much moisture in it that it came back again. Only this time the cushion was about 1/3rd off the bottom in 1 & 2 and about the middle of 3 & 4. The packing that was done at the start of the night was done by the supers. How often does your main draw pack??? Each packing after that, it was done by 2 trucks and a Dodge Durango that would barely run. I personally walked to my RV at intermission when it was graded off. It still had enough moisture in it that you could here it in the sound off their tires as I walked close to the track. Whether you agree or not that's just fine. It's your opinion. But in some rare cases there is such a thing as too much water. This was 1 of those times.
And no, I don't plain just like dry slick tracks. Traction is not a problem if it's a multi groove track. Dry slick is not a problem if it multi groove. 1 lane racing, no matter the surface, is not fun to watch. The night before I complained as much as anyone about Highland NOT having enough water on it. They totally reworked the track after time trials and made it better. It just didn't hold up to 50 laps. About 25 to 30 laps in the track went 1 lane on the bottom. It sucked. Point blank. So no, I don't "plain love dry slick".

Thank you for explaining this all out. Was there a lot of rain the days before the race and it managed to soak into the track too much, by chance?

I went to Danville a long time ago and remember the dirt as being pretty black and also not pure clay. Is it still that way?

Cardirt0
07-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Thank you for explaining this all out. Was there a lot of rain the days before the race and it managed to soak into the track too much, by chance?

I went to Danville a long time ago and remember the dirt as being pretty black and also not pure clay. Is it still that way?

Black dirt 100% clay 0% and the dirt is burned up...To much burn tires mixed in now....Has not been refreshed in years....

Clayton_Wetter
07-13-2017, 07:51 PM
Sounds like ole Blackstown Speedway, where there is enough rubber in the track to make a semi load of tires!!!