PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Collins hangs it up

Hoosier
07-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Kenny Collins posted elsewhere
Diamond Hill, GA ·
After tonight's events, I've came to the conclusion that none of this is any fun anymore, from running up and down the road alone, to missing so much with my little girl, the hauler burning on the side of the road, to busting your ass but still struggling, to not being able to afford technical support, to having to take an engine apart at the race track in a local limited race after finishing 3rd, I haven't had fun racing in a while. I've given up so much to race, I am tired of it. I'm going to finish out the year, but after 2017 I will be done as a owner/driver. For the last 3 or so years I have tried to super late model race, we have had fun, won some races, been competitive in a bunch of them, and a part of me still wants to do it. I've been fortunate to win a lot of races at a lot of different race tracks, in quite a few different cars, meet a lot of great people and a lot of terrible people. Plans can always change based on many different things, but as of now I'm going to be done at the end of the year. I would be glad to drive for someone if the right opportunity arises. Thanks to everyone who has supported my racing career since the very beginning. I know I'm hard to get along with and downright an (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) at times, I'm just serious about what we do and I want to be the best man there every time we unload. Thanks again.

Earlier he posted:

our hauler caught on fire coming home from Eldora. From what we can tell, it was a wheel bearing issue. We do maintenance and had several fire extinguishers. We used ours and a Police Officer's to contain the fire enough to get both cars, our pit box and multiple other items including our tires and wheels out. We can't say thank you enough to GOD for watching over us. The Caryville, TN fire department responded and got the fire put out very quickly.

Highwayman
07-10-2017, 03:40 PM
I'm saddened to hear this on the one hand, but completely understand on the other. The sport has changed a lot in recent years and your right when you say a lot of what made it fun has gone out of it. I was blessed to witness the full arc of your career and the twilight of your father and uncle's too. Should 2017 prove to be the completion of your endeavor you have a lot to be proud of, much was accomplished and you represented yourself and your family well with the utmost professionalism always. You may find that just taking a break and having a regrouping refocusing session is all that's needed, but either way, thanks for the memories.

Cardirt0
07-10-2017, 05:03 PM
Some have stopped this year, and I bet we lose more then just Kenny this year... Just costing to much and just to much work with all the news $hit you have to put on the car...

jog49
07-10-2017, 05:08 PM
Thanks Kenny Collins for putting forth the effort although the rewards were lacking. You are a class act and we are thankful that you gave all of us a chance to see you race in Dublin, North Carolina!
Only the best for you in the future.

golddirt
07-10-2017, 05:21 PM
Even fans are giving up
On the sport

AHydro23
07-11-2017, 10:15 PM
On his FB page, he says he's gonna try the Southern Nationals tour.Kenny CollinsYesterday at 2:05am · Diamond Hill, GA · Gonna get our longhorns ready for the Southern Nationals this week, tried this deal in 2014 and broke a motor, hopefully our luck will turn around and we can have a good couple of weeks!

Highwayman
07-12-2017, 02:05 PM
Some have stopped this year, and I bet we lose more then just Kenny this year... Just costing to much and just to much work with all the news $hit you have to put on the car...
Wonder if the powers that be will get a clue before they kill it.

Even fans are giving up
On the sport
I know I've been spending time on non-wing sprints, kinda hoping a spec class of those might get started up. Very exciting and easy to work on. I guess we'll see.