PDA

View Full Version : Eastbay and tires

MI Dirt Fan
07-11-2017, 04:17 PM
4th or 5th guy with tires not coming back clean. The latest was from the $2k to win Donnie Tanner memorial race July 3rd.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-11-2017, 05:03 PM
Tire juicing has been rampant in that part of the country for a very long time.

ptown
07-11-2017, 07:52 PM
Yes and they're all innocent just like everyone else that's been caught.

Barbecueboy
07-11-2017, 08:52 PM
I thought everyone cheated?

slmcrewchief99
07-11-2017, 09:13 PM
He1l we all get accused of it. The last time it happened to us, we got our pump sprayer we have mudoff in, and wrote TIRE SOFTENER in big letters on it. All night long when the car was on the jack, we had it sitting on the roof of the car. It actually stopped the finger pointing right up till Clay won again. LOL
It's a shame these guys think this is what you have to do to win. To each his own as they say.....

25jrjr
07-11-2017, 10:03 PM
I thought everyone cheated?

Only the WINNERS! :)

Josh Bayko
07-11-2017, 10:23 PM
Tire juicing has been rampant in that part of the country for a very long time.

They've played fast and loose with the rules in Florida for years. Tire juicing is just scratching the surface.

MI Dirt Fan
07-11-2017, 11:00 PM
So why do they even check for?

Josh Bayko
07-12-2017, 10:36 AM
So why do they even check for?

To make it seem like they actually care.

Barbecueboy
07-12-2017, 11:18 AM
And why do people care?.....other than the companies selling the tires?

It's a serious question .

Josh Bayko
07-12-2017, 12:23 PM
And why do people care?.....other than the companies selling the tires?

It's a serious question .

I don't particularly care if folks juice their tires. It's got negative health effects, it's their business if they want to risk that. And it's not like tire juicing is some kind of recent development, it's been going on for longer than any of us have even been alive.

But it is against the rules in most sanctions and at most tracks. Why have rules if you're not going to bother ever enforcing them.

Barbecueboy
07-12-2017, 05:10 PM
I agree with why have rules if you don't enforce them, what I don't agree with is having rules that are meaningless.......

The whole " bad for your health " argument is weak , so is smoking, so is the brake cleaner , so is about half the crap they pour into these cars if exposed to it long enough at the track or in the shop............everybody here knows how I feel about tires and testing, it's just stupid and causes more drama and uncertainty than it's worth IMO.