PDA

View Full Version : Ray Cook Knocks Down Top Ten in $12,000 Mountain Moonshine Classic

DelphComm
07-13-2017, 11:10 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

July 13, 2017

Ray Cook Knocks Down Top Ten in $12,000 Mountain Moonshine Classic

(BRASSTOWN, NORTH CAROLINA) Wynn Motorsports rolled into Smoky Mountain Speedway in Maryville, Tennessee on Saturday evening, July 8 for the annual running of the 'Mountain Moonshine Classic,' which was once again sanctioned by the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. A stout 32 car field assembled at the 4/10-mile complex to vie for the $12,000 winner's check.

Ray Cook stopped the clock third quickest in Group A during the time trial session and later scored an impressive heat race triumph in his prelim. After starting the 60-lap finale from the pole position, Ray hung around towards the front of the stellar field before brake issues late in the distance caused him to slide to seventh in the final rundown of the 'Mountain Moonshine Classic.' Complete results from Smoky Mountain can be viewed online at www.lucasdirt.com.

“I was really pleased with our run the other night at Smoky Mountain and I think the entire team had a lot of fun running up front against that caliber of competition,” quoted Cook this week via telephone. “The car is better than I am right now that’s for sure. I just haven’t raced enough this year and need more laps, but we’ll get there. I really think we had a top five car, which is saying something against that crowd, but the brake issues late in the race dropped us back a little. I can’t think the Wynn’s enough for giving me the opportunity to drive their equipment and I look forward to getting back in the seat again after the Southern Nationals!”

With Ray turning his focus to promoting the Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Series – a miniseries sanctioning eleven races in a mere fourteen days across the Southeast from July 15-29 – the #53 team will be away from the racetrack until the calendar turns to August. The next events on their schedule will be a pair of Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series biggies during the annual ‘North/South 100’ weekend at Florence Speedway in Union, Kentucky on August 10-12. The huge three-day weekend kicks off on Thursday with a $10,000 to win shootout, while a ginormous $50,000 payday awaits the victor on Saturday evening at the undersized 1/2-mile speedplant, which is located just outside of Cincinnati. More information concerning these shows can be found by pointing your Internet browser to www.florencespeedway.com.

Wynn Motorsports would like to thank the following group of sponsors for their continued support: Wynn Land Development, Dublin Winwater, Heartland EMS, Keyser Manufacturing, Capital Race Cars, Andy Durham Racing Engines, Modern Images, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, Sunoco Race Fuels, American Racer South, GW Performance, Performance Friction Brakes, FK Rod Ends, Outlaw Racing Products, The Joie of Seating, PPM Racing Products, Wiles Driveshafts, and Delph Communications.

For the latest news and schedule information concerning the #53 team, feel free to visit their official Internet home at www.RayCook53.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com