PDA

View Full Version : Richards on a major roll right now ....

EDERDS
07-15-2017, 10:53 PM
and Bloomer is going in the opposite direction. Something big time wrong with the Bloomer car right now.

joshroth14
07-15-2017, 10:58 PM
Going to be another boring Lucas championship chase. Richards will win by 200-300 points. They are looking real good right now.

25jrjr
07-15-2017, 11:04 PM
Going to be another boring Lucas championship chase. Richards will win by 200-300 points. They are looking real good right now.

I thought you said he was just "decent"!

MI Dirt Fan
07-15-2017, 11:05 PM
It's July 16th. I wouldn't be engraving the trophy just yet...

Forward Bite
07-15-2017, 11:09 PM
Anyone know what style head on the Durham built engine in the racecar driven by Josh Richards ?

huskerdirt
07-15-2017, 11:17 PM

200-300 points isn't that much in the Lucas series.

It's July 16th. I wouldn't be engraving the trophy just yet...

I would agree. Since June 16th it'll be almost a 500 point swing.

joshroth14
07-15-2017, 11:20 PM
He's a great points racer. There's no doubt about that. I said he was decent based on what he's done in major races. The four biggest races.... World 100, DREAM, Knoxville and the DTWC he's not won any of them with the best equipment in the sport. Compare that to Sheppard who has won the DTWC twice and Pierce whose won the World and both are younger. The argument was who would be the face of the sport going forward. I like Sheppard and Pierce's chances better. That doesnt take away anything from Richards. He's going to win the Lucas title and has dominated the WoO for several years but he needs to win at Eldora to be considered great is the only point I was trying to make.

joshroth14
07-15-2017, 11:25 PM
Richards will have the title wrapped up with 2 or 3 races remaining on the schedule. I say thats pretty boring. Unless McCreadie gets hot I dont see anyone coming close to Richards this year. Bloomquist has major issues right now. We will see how he runs at I-80.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-16-2017, 01:05 AM
If Bloomer runs sh!tty at I80, then you can panic. He has had tons of success there.

Bob Hubbard
07-16-2017, 07:06 AM
Bloomer can roll a major Doobie too ....Are we talking about the same thing here ? :-0

gator 49
07-16-2017, 07:11 AM
and Bloomer is going in the opposite direction. Something big time wrong with the Bloomer car right now.

He can't make it to the race track on time to qualify, that sure isn't car trouble. His antics aren't winning him anything except excuses why he lost the championship. He has won some big races and money this year, but acts like he doesn't care.

ptown
07-16-2017, 07:40 AM

Don't worry ole snort will be there when it counts.

Highside Hustler25
07-16-2017, 08:19 AM
The difference in Scott and Josh is when Scott has a bad night, it's a 12th to 20th place finish. Seems a off night for Josh is still a salvageable top 5 to top 10 finish.
Don't count Tim out of it yet. He's only 15-20 points out of 2nd place. Lots of racin left.

kidrock
07-16-2017, 08:21 AM
It ain't over till it's over. Bloomer will get this figured out and be back to his winning ways soon. Plenty of racing to go.

71PRPFan
07-16-2017, 08:31 AM
Didn't bloomer just win the dream? Chill kids

onlyfacts
07-16-2017, 09:15 AM
Didn't bloomer just win the dream? Chill kidsYes he did...... but that was last month and that wasn't a Lucas points race.... so the point is?

chupp n bloomer fan
07-16-2017, 11:54 AM
Yes he did...... but that was last month and that wasn't a Lucas points race.... so the point is?The point is, he just got done winning $100k. He's won I think 5 races on Lucas this year also.

Cracks me up, the minute he ain't cleaning house, OMG, what's wrong. Whether it's the ones who dislike him or like him, sure got him on a pedestal. He's human, and is always pushing the limits, whether it's technology, or time. It'll be ok. He has zero left to prove to anyone.

MI Dirt Fan
07-16-2017, 11:58 AM
The point is, he just got done winning $100k. He's won I think 5 races on Lucas this year also.

Cracks me up, the minute he ain't cleaning house, OMG, what's wrong. Whether it's the ones who dislike him or like him, sure got him on a pedestal. He's human, and is always pushing the limits, whether it's technology, or time. It'll be ok. He has zero left to prove to anyone.
I'm actually planning on picking him for I80 this week if that's the pick selections. Big money on the line, you knows he's going to be up front

racer x16
07-16-2017, 12:01 PM
not winning and finishing 20 th is two different scenes

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-16-2017, 12:31 PM
Its going to b hard to stop this 1r train

minthess
07-16-2017, 12:36 PM
Anyone know what style head on the Durham built engine in the racecar driven by Josh Richards ?

Ford D3. The Ford takes Josh from good to unbeatable. Been like that since the first time he got one five or six years ago.

minthess
07-16-2017, 12:42 PM
Theres a reason the sprint car sissys wont allow the current Ford stuff. D3. Durable. Driveable. Dominant. Durhams no dummy either:) I think TSR might be scared of his horses.

jog49
07-16-2017, 01:08 PM
Doesn't Best Motorsports use more than one engine.? Josh's car badged with "Corvette" on the front sure as heck isn't a Ford.

MI Dirt Fan
07-16-2017, 01:15 PM
Moyer Jr runs a Ford with a Chevy Emblem on the car

Krooser
07-16-2017, 02:04 PM
jog49... yes it is.

minthess
07-16-2017, 03:04 PM
Moyer Jr runs a Ford with a Chevy Emblem on the car

Really? It should not be allowed. Im a car guy. I like enginuity. I love to see what goes the fastest. We always know every little thing about the drivers. The same should be true about the equipment. Many fans relate to the brand of engine immediately even if they don't know anything about the drivers it's important lots and lots of fans go to see the Ford or the Chevy or the Mopar whatever win. It's crazy to ignore this when NASCAR used to be successful largely because of the ford Chevy rivalry. I like cars and chicks not fat dudes anyways.

minthess
07-16-2017, 03:10 PM
Doesn't Best Motorsports use more than one engine.? Josh's car badged with "Corvette" on the front sure as heck isn't a Ford.

The new found speed came the instant Ford power came a couple weeks ago. Chev guys are a very proud bunch.

Krooser
07-16-2017, 04:13 PM
I used to wear Bowtie undies... but I got professional help.

onlyfacts
07-16-2017, 04:17 PM
The new found speed came the instant Ford power came a couple weeks ago. Chev guys are a very proud bunch.Couple things happened but the biggest thing happened was Josh got an engine from the 1 car that he won a bunch of races with last year. Josh always runs good with Fords but look at who wins the races today about all Fords. Overton, Bloomquist,Owens,Marlar,Sheppard and now Josh is back with a Ford. More Chevrolets in the pits than Fords but the old saying is true....First On Race Day. Chevy fans still have something to feel good about Chevys are still winning all the races in NeSmith and Fastrak.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-16-2017, 04:24 PM
not winning and finishing 20 th is two different scenesWhen you race as much as him and the rest of them guys do, it happens. He is human.

blncfn57
07-16-2017, 04:47 PM
The new found speed came the instant Ford power came a couple weeks ago. Chev guys are a very proud bunch.

Call it what you want, it's all aftermarket stuff anyway.

AllenK
07-16-2017, 04:58 PM
Chevrolet wins SN,WOO,Winchester,Ray Cook,Ultimate.etc....

Richards has been on a tear,but the engine can't drive itself. The time off obviously helped,and that is all but another Rocket house car. Not a ford guy,but Durham sure knows his stuff.

Clayton_Wetter
07-16-2017, 05:08 PM
Its going to b hard to stop this 1r train

VOO DOO has a lot of power too. A doll and a pin might just be your punishment!!! :)

Clayton_Wetter
07-16-2017, 05:11 PM
The difference in Scott and Josh is when Scott has a bad night, it's a 12th to 20th place finish. Seems a off night for Josh is still a salvageable top 5 to top 10 finish.
Don't count Tim out of it yet. He's only 15-20 points out of 2nd place. Lots of racin left.

Got any dough to place on TMac? I'm here waiting. :)

onlyfacts
07-16-2017, 05:53 PM
Chevrolet wins SN,WOO,Winchester,Ray Cook,Ultimate.etc....Richards has been on a tear,but the engine can't drive itself. The time off obviously helped,and that is all but another Rocket house car. Not a ford guy,but Durham sure knows his stuff.Not trying to say your wrong but more big races are won with Fords. Look at the names running Fords and you can figure it out. The SN this year was a perfect example Moyer, Babb, Marlar , Sheppard won the majority of the races all Ford power..to the guy that says there are all aftermarket I don't want to say you are wrong but there is more "Ford "parts in a Ford engine that Chevrolet parts in a Chevy engine.

B1 crew
07-16-2017, 06:06 PM
B-Shepp,s first two summer national wins In 1 car with ford,3wins in family B5 pro power Chevy

Highside Hustler25
07-16-2017, 06:19 PM
Got any dough to place on TMac? I'm here waiting. :)

What are the current odds:confused:

Clayton_Wetter
07-16-2017, 06:34 PM
What are the current odds:confused:

4 to 1 !!! Let's get it on!!!! :)

minthess
07-16-2017, 08:54 PM
yeah try getting those so called Ford or Chevy parts from dealer

No problem. Heads like Josh runs are in the Ford Performance catalog at any Ford dealer. Have been for many years. SC1 and others very similar for many many years.

minthess
07-16-2017, 09:04 PM
This is simple. Time off, "getting thing figured out" etc is just plain funny. Bottom line..... Josh went from a top five threat to winning every other night when he went with Durham Ford power years ago and same thing has just happened again. I've always thought a Ford powered Corvette would be pretty cool anyways:) Big Clevelandish canted valve Fords are just plain better than sbcs when ample carb and intake are allowed. Been that way for 40 years.

AllenK
07-16-2017, 09:10 PM
B-Shepp,s first two summer national wins In 1 car with ford,3wins in family B5 pro power Chevy

You're right about Bshep.

Richards won 3 Lucas Oil races with the Chevy,and might've won a couple more. He just flat out threw away a couple of them. Never had heard of Dargie engines until this year. Must've been under a rock.

TS FAN
07-16-2017, 10:06 PM
Bloomy is a long way from dominating anything for a long while. Many of the teams have caught up with him, and some may have passed him. I am sure he cannot be this bad, but he certainly doesn't resemble the man to beat any longer.

jog49
07-16-2017, 11:47 PM
One driver has mentioned that shocks are more important than the chassis or engine nowadays. They sure as heck have some exotic pricing for the old Monroe clone! LOL!

Bubstr
07-17-2017, 10:38 AM
No problem. Heads like Josh runs are in the Ford Performance catalog at any Ford dealer. Have been for many years. SC1 and others very similar for many many years.

News flash, those Ford heads came from a aftermarket head profiler, not Ford parts. They are one of the main reasons for Ford success. The head porter, doesn't even get them from Ford before he does his magic. I'm thinking and can't really find a Ford or Chevy part in them. Gasket, seals and some hardware maybe. Nothing that explains performance anyway.

fastford
07-17-2017, 11:37 AM
News flash, those Ford heads came from a aftermarket head profiler, not Ford parts. They are one of the main reasons for Ford success. The head porter, doesn't even get them from Ford before he does his magic. I'm thinking and can't really find a Ford or Chevy part in them. Gasket, seals and some hardware maybe. Nothing that explains performance anyway.

there all that way now bubstr , there aint no finding them at racer auctions or junk yard any more , but even though they are after market stuff, there still based of the ole canted valve clevland design , just improved. He!! , even chevy gave up and copied them with there SB2 junk...lol.....

MI Dirt Fan
07-17-2017, 12:10 PM
I'm wondering if the rocket house car had any influence in BPM having one

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-17-2017, 12:21 PM
This is simple. Time off, "getting thing figured out" etc is just plain funny. Bottom line..... Josh went from a top five threat to winning every other night when he went with Durham Ford power years ago and same thing has just happened again. I've always thought a Ford powered Corvette would be pretty cool anyways:) Big Clevelandish canted valve Fords are just plain better than sbcs when ample carb and intake are allowed. Been that way for 40 years.

I was one of the people saying he needed the Fords, but that isn't the reason for the streak. I am sure of that.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-17-2017, 01:08 PM
I was one of the people saying he needed the Fords, but that isn't the reason for the streak. I am sure of that.

Yea its not just from motor change. They found something that works for them

minthess
07-17-2017, 03:30 PM

LOL The instant he put RY Fords in years ago was when he started dominating. The instant he put Fords in 3 weeks ago, he started dominating. The guy requests the old D3 stuff because it puts him in victory lane multiple times a weekend instead of a month. Period.

Clayton_Wetter
07-17-2017, 03:31 PM

Now maybe a suppository will work for you/??? :) hehe

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Now maybe a suppository will work for you/??? :) hehe

I got your suppository right here

Clayton_Wetter
07-17-2017, 03:46 PM
I got your suppository right here

Oh, if I had boots, they would be shakin'!!!! :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-17-2017, 03:46 PM
LOL The instant he put RY Fords in years ago was when he started dominating. The instant he put Fords in 3 weeks ago, he started dominating. The guy requests the old D3 stuff because it puts him in victory lane multiple times a weekend instead of a month. Period.

So if he uses the old d3 stuff then josh wont loose a race. Right on!

fastford
07-17-2017, 04:53 PM

I like your way of thinking, being an old loyal blue oval fan my self, but masterbuilts quote above is probably the most accurate, but who knows......

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-18-2017, 12:00 AM
With his 220 points lead nobody will catch this cat.

Escobar
07-18-2017, 07:35 AM
One driver has mentioned that shocks are more important than the chassis or engine nowadays. They sure as heck have some exotic pricing for the old Monroe clone! LOL!

Then there are other driver who say that engines are the most crucial part these days. Who really knows? I think alot of it is in the driver's head.

IZZOJR16
07-18-2017, 01:41 PM
awesome!!!! anyone but Bloomer!!

Forward Bite
07-22-2017, 12:10 AM
This has been one of the most informative threads on 4M. I greatly appreciate all answers to my question about what type of head is being used by Josh on his engine. Thanks for all the great and interesting posts.

Top 1
07-26-2017, 06:36 PM
Anyone know what style head on the Durham built engine in the racecar driven by Josh Richards ?They are the same heads as Bloomers! I was told they come from RY and all Andy does is bolt them on the short block! I only see these wider heads on Bloomers, BShep, and Josh's motors!

Top 1
07-26-2017, 07:17 PM
I'm wondering if the rocket house car had any influence in BPM having oneJosh bought the motor from his dad!