PDA

View Full Version : Kent Robinson Parties at Oakshade Like It's His Birthday

Ben Shelton
07-17-2017, 10:06 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 17, 2017

Kent Robinson Parties at Oakshade Like It’s His Birthday

Bloomington, Indiana (07/17/17) – Kent Robinson picked up his richest win of 2017 on Saturday night in his Billy Moyer Victory Race Car #7r JB’s Salvage/ Jay D ickens Racing Engine Super Late Model. He pocketed $10,000 for his performance in the annual Birthday Race at Oakshade Raceway.

On Friday night Kent Robinson made the trip to Oakshade Raceway (Wauseon, Ohio), closing out the UMP DIRTcar Summer Nationals Hell Tour with a doubleheader weekend. Drawing a stout field of 59 Super Late Models, Robinson followed up the second-fastest time in his qualifying group with a runner-up finish in his heat behind Cody Mahoney. Rolling off 9th for the $5,000-to-win A-Main, Kent was an early retiree from the feature after his right-rear tire sealed over, while challenging for a Top-5 finish.

The following night with 58 cars on hand for the Hell Tour finale, Kent opened the night with a 10-lap heat race win. Via the redraw he was positioned 6th on the starting grid for the track’s annual Birthday Race.

Pacing his way through the 60-lapper early, Robinson began to make his charge for the lead following lap-21 restart. In seven laps he would move from fifth to the lead as he worked the high side of the dirt oval. After taking the lead, Kent Robinson charged to his fourth win of the season, which came over Devin Shiels, Brandon Thirlby, Jon Henry and Brian Ruhlman. Kent pocketed a $10,000 payday for his late-race victory in the 60-lap affair.

“I’m not going to lie, when we got the 6th-starting spot for the feature in the redraw I wasn’t happy at all,” said Robinson. “I really thought the track was going to be more one-laned than it was in the feature. After that lap-21 restart I was able to find a bit of an outside groove in turns 1 and 2, and that got me to the lead.

“I just have to thank my team, my family, and all of my sponsors for all of the support and hard work that they put into this racing operation.”

For more results from these events, please visit www.TheHellTour.com .
This Friday will find Kent traveling to Farmer City Raceway (Farmer City, Illinois) to take part in the 7th Annual JR Kimler Memorial. The event will be highlighted by a $3,000-to-win finale for Super Late Models. For more information, please visit www.FarmerCityRacing.com .

To stock up on Kent Robinson merchandise, please head to the Apparel page at www.KentRobinsonRacing.com where you’ll find the latest designs as well as some great deals on clearance items.

Kent Robinson Racing would to like to thank all of their sponsors including JB's Salvage, JB’s Disposal, Jay D ickens Racing Engines, Jones Oil Company, Midwest Sheet Metal, Billy Moyer Victory Race Cars, Keyser Manufacturing, Printworx Graphics, VP Race Fuels, Hoosier Racing Tire, Envy Suspension, All Star Performance, Schaeffer's Racing Oil, K&N Filters, AFCO, Bell Helmets, Simpson Race Products, Wiles Drive Shafts, Weld Racing, FK Rod Ends, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Kent Robinson Racing, please visit www.KentRobinsonRacing.com .