PDA

View Full Version : Davenport becoming a part-time driver under BWRC

#FALSuperman
07-18-2017, 05:06 AM
Something is way off, no doubt. He has cancelled numerous races on his schedule. Money running dry with BW? JD lists Fairbury as his favorite track and he cancels? Then he cancels the race he is the defending champ at (Silver Dollar Nationals). Davenport is kind of just another guy these days. Large fan base...however, how can the fans continue to support a driver who is starting to cancel big money shows on a regular basis? Only 8 venues in 3 months (June, July, August). This is assuming he doesn't cancel the North/South and Batesville in August.

Highside Hustler25
07-18-2017, 05:59 AM
As a fan, one must accept the good with the bad. The highs and the lows. If one quits being a fan because of disappointing results, then one is really not much of a fan to begin with.

weatherman85
07-18-2017, 07:03 AM
^^^^^True statement. Hard to blame the driver if the car owner is the one behind the cancellations as well. I'm thinking he would love to race as much as possible but the higher powers are saying no.

nuff said
07-18-2017, 07:11 AM
Definitely surprised he wasn't at Tri County. It's his home track.It was only $3500.00 to win and I'm sure having the trouble at Wythe was a factor.

President Clinton
07-18-2017, 07:16 AM
I doubt Barry runs dry of money! He might not spend it,but he ain't ran out of it.

Escobar
07-18-2017, 07:32 AM
I'd look for him to start driving for Donald Bradsher if the BWRC stuff doesn't work out.

blncfn57
07-18-2017, 07:39 AM
I'd look for him to start driving for Donald Bradsher if the BWRC stuff doesn't work out.

You mean, if the BWRC stuff keeps not working out?

Highwayman
07-18-2017, 08:23 AM
Something is way off, no doubt. He has cancelled numerous races on his schedule. Money running dry with BW? JD lists Fairbury as his favorite track and he cancels? Then he cancels the race he is the defending champ at (Silver Dollar Nationals). Davenport is kind of just another guy these days. Large fan base...however, how can the fans continue to support a driver who is starting to cancel big money shows on a regular basis? Only 8 venues in 3 months (June, July, August). This is assuming he doesn't cancel the North/South and Batesville in August.

Will you kindly change you screen name? You are like the opposite of a PR man. Your words have consequences, they effect things. Lets say JD is looking for more sponsorship, but they read your posts about him being washed up and a mid-pack no-show, do you think its helping him? Try being an "ACTUAL" fan and support him or move on. Bunch of spoiled millennial, keyboard jockeys is all that's on 4m anymore.

ptown
07-18-2017, 08:51 AM
Will you kindly change you screen name? You are like the opposite of a PR man. Your words have consequences, they effect things. Lets say JD is looking for more sponsorship, but they read your posts about him being washed up and a mid-pack no-show, do you think its helping him? Try being an "ACTUAL" fan and support him or move on. Bunch of spoiled millennial, keyboard jockeys is all that's on 4m anymore.

Are you saying no one including potential sponsors should know that super pooper is canceling races?

Pennsboro23
07-18-2017, 09:01 AM
Not having another single southern nationals race on his schedule is what's concerning.

ShawnStreet
07-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Having worked year in PR I can guarantee you that potential sponsors will spend a lot more time looking at actual performance or lack thereof than they would at a fan message board.

zach51
07-18-2017, 10:17 AM
I like JD. I was actually blown away earlier in the year when I got on to check out the new website and they had every bit of merchandise from dog collars to shot glasses ready to go.......maybe some of that will be on clearance @ Charlotte.

#FALSuperman
07-18-2017, 10:19 AM
My question is how can you root for a guy who doesn't race?? I'm going to the PDC...so, I should wear a JD shirt? No, I'm goimg to support someone who shows up. This wasnt a "mechanical" decision. He has over 2 full weeks to prepare the car for his "favorite race track"

zach51
07-18-2017, 10:21 AM
I heard he is going to drive McCreadie's backup Longhorn....

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-18-2017, 10:37 AM
I heard he is going to drive McCreadie's backup Longhorn....

How sure are you on this statement?

zach51
07-18-2017, 10:38 AM
How sure are you on this statement?

Somewhere between 0% and 1%. LOL......it does sound like a feasible plan though right??

Hoosier_Dirt
07-18-2017, 10:41 AM

I look for this too!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-18-2017, 10:49 AM
Somewhere between 0% and 1%. LOL......it does sound like a feasible plan though right??

Tmac has offered him to drive a backup before

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-18-2017, 10:54 AM

I think he would do good in ducks equiptment. I dnt see jd going a month w/o racing

chupp n bloomer fan
07-18-2017, 11:02 AM
Will you kindly change you screen name? You are like the opposite of a PR man. Your words have consequences, they effect things. Lets say JD is looking for more sponsorship, but they read your posts about him being washed up and a mid-pack no-show, do you think its helping him? Try being an "ACTUAL" fan and support him or move on. Bunch of spoiled millennial, keyboard jockeys is all that's on 4m anymore.I know you're on like your third screen name, but what has consequences is running like sh!t. They've run like crap and broke, or been running not too bad and broke. That matters way more than guy stating what is on his website, which is public, and anyone can see. Sponsors are the least of his worries. Finding speed, and dependability are what he needs. I like JD, so make of it what you will.

Love how everything has to go back to millennials, which I'm not. The stereotypes just don't cut it, every generation has people we perceive in a negative way. Age has nothing to do with it. Go around a group of people, ignorance and selfishness is not age discriminatory.

IZZOJR16
07-18-2017, 01:44 PM
very disappointed. it's like JD has fallen off the map. most fun driver to watch and was a breath of fresh air. hope he's back on top soon, somewhere/some how.

SFrancisFan15
07-18-2017, 02:09 PM
He's made more money in fishing tournaments this year. He should of went with Weaver

MI Dirt Fan
07-18-2017, 02:14 PM
Bunch of spoiled millennial, keyboard jockeys is all that's on 4m anymore.

I don't believe that. Most I would believe are low to mid 30s and older. That's not millennial

#FALSuperman
07-18-2017, 02:56 PM
I'm definitely not a Millennial...I'm in the mid 30's and older range. I also have a brother in law who is one of the biggest known names in the dirt track racing world. I get good info that is always solid. Like what I say or not, things are NOT going well for BWRC. Facts....doesn't mean I don't like or wish JD anything other than success. I just have my valid concerns about his choice to go back where it started. When they start cancelling places like The Mag, Lernerville, Silver Dollar Nationals, and PDC the writing is on the wall. Davenport could do himself some good and try to stay connected with his fans by being more open about what is going on, instead of answering his supporters with one word responses ("NO").

President Clinton
07-18-2017, 03:13 PM
My uncles aunts cousins nephew on my moms side is in the know!!!! Says BW is bringing Bloomer back to help with car building and set up. JD will pilot them and Cornett will supply engines. Bobby Pierce will design shirts and Goodyear will be the main sponsor. You heard it all here on 4m first!!!

NormP
07-18-2017, 03:22 PM
"Demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years."

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-18-2017, 03:27 PM
My uncles aunts cousins nephew on my moms side is in the know!!!! Says BW is bringing Bloomer back to help with car building and set up. JD will pilot them and Cornett will supply engines. Bobby Pierce will design shirts and Goodyear will be the main sponsor. You heard it all here on 4m first!!!

Sounds like they will be no farther ahead than they are now.

Clayton_Wetter
07-18-2017, 03:31 PM
Are you saying no one including potential sponsors should know that super pooper is canceling races?

Looks like it. He better delete them posts and apologize!!!! hahahahahaaa NOT!!!!!

Clayton_Wetter
07-18-2017, 03:32 PM

Is that in between bumping people off???

chupp n bloomer fan
07-18-2017, 04:05 PM
"Demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years."I think you mean the millennial BS. All them stereotypes are trash. I see it with my own eyes, all the dam time. Last two I seen flying through the crosswalk in a parking lot were 60+ ladies.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-18-2017, 04:06 PM
I'm definitely not a Millennial...I'm in the mid 30's and older range. I also have a brother in law who is one of the biggest known names in the dirt track racing world. I get good info that is always solid. Like what I say or not, things are NOT going well for BWRC. Facts....doesn't mean I don't like or wish JD anything other than success. I just have my valid concerns about his choice to go back where it started. When they start cancelling places like The Mag, Lernerville, Silver Dollar Nationals, and PDC the writing is on the wall. Davenport could do himself some good and try to stay connected with his fans by being more open about what is going on, instead of answering his supporters with one word responses ("NO").But you picked on Princess so....

NormP
07-18-2017, 09:03 PM
I think you mean the millennial BS. All them stereotypes are trash. I see it with my own eyes, all the dam time. Last two I seen flying through the crosswalk in a parking lot were 60+ ladies.

The guy said someone in their low 30s is not a millenial. I'm just pointing out the age range of millenials, with no comment on their behavior.

kidrock
07-18-2017, 09:19 PM
As a fan, one must accept the good with the bad. The highs and the lows. If one quits being a fan because of disappointing results, then one is really not much of a fan to begin with.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Barbecueboy
07-19-2017, 07:55 AM
He's made more money in fishing tournaments this year. He should of went with Weaver

Making money fishing doesn't sound so bad........

latemodelfan
07-19-2017, 10:33 AM
I agree with a lot of these posts...JD is a heck of a driver...I hope he and Barry can get on the "Wright" page.

Pennsboro23
07-19-2017, 11:09 AM
Barely Wright

SFrancisFan15
07-19-2017, 11:36 AM
Making money fishing doesn't sound so bad........

Sure doesn't and a lot cheaper as well.

TMaCiLLiNi39
07-19-2017, 11:45 AM
It's not the end of the World if he and Barry decide to skip Fairbury people....

chupp n bloomer fan
07-19-2017, 12:55 PM
The guy said someone in their low 30s is not a millenial. I'm just pointing out the age range of millenials, with no comment on their behavior.I knew you weren't Norm, was going to post that and didn't, sorry man.

Highwayman
07-20-2017, 03:06 PM
The guy said someone in their low 30s is not a millenial. I'm just pointing out the age range of millenials, with no comment on their behavior.

@FALSdude
Millennials are 17-37 years of age(today).
http://www.goldmansachs.com/our-thinking/pages/millennials/

I think it would surprise, maybe even shock most so called fans that in the dirt late model economy that these guys don't wake up and think, "What can I do for my fans today?". Decisions on racing don't revolve around how it will effect the fans "feelings" or their "opinion", its based almost solely on money and where they think they stand the best chance of making more of it. Now sure the fans are appreciated for their "support", but if the bank account says we need to stay home or we need to regroup, then you don't go. Most racers are not independently wealthy and able to just take off to anywhere with no thought to co$t.

This season I'm sure, has not gone exactly according to plan(which is obvious). The main sponsor pulled out, which hurts. The new car they were developing took some time to get dialed in, but anyone with an IQ above 75 can see they now have speed that they were searching for. The last few races were exceptional outings that regrettably ended badly. Without those wins, the other poor finishes and the prolonged development work, I imagine that the kitty is low. Now I don't know their actual financial situation, I'm just speculating with the info available and my own experience. What the fans want does not fit into the equation, they're fickle anyway, they leave with the change in wind direction. As to what shirt to wear, that's up to you, but I wear the shirt I'm most proud of, not the one who I think might or might not be there. Many, many times I wore my Billy Moyer shirts knowing he wasn't gonna be anywhere close to where I was racing.

MI Dirt Fan
07-20-2017, 03:10 PM
JD tweeted this a little bit ago....

Jonathan Davenport @TheFast49
·
27m

I'll order @DirtonDirt ppv & be a bench racer tonight & tell em how I would do it if I was there from my recliner with a 🥃#TheChampsNotThere

Black I
07-20-2017, 03:29 PM
Goes from a hero to a zero. How does that happen? Only experts please!

Black I
07-20-2017, 03:33 PM
Is he literary trying to kill off what little fan bace he has left. It's like he's laughing in their face lol.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2017, 03:37 PM
Is he literary trying to kill off what little fan bace he has left. It's like he's laughing in their face lol.

Hes got more fans than you think he does but then again you are the expert o the jd saga

MI Dirt Fan
07-20-2017, 03:44 PM
Hes got more fans than you think he does but then again you are the expert o the jd saga

He said only experts.

Black I
07-20-2017, 03:48 PM
To the expert that thinks sponsorship is decided on what is said on 4m... You win the goofy s o b of the year award!!

Congratulations!!!! Lol and Lol some dam more..... :D

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2017, 03:55 PM
To the expert that thinks sponsorship is decided on what is said on 4m... You win the goofy s o b of the year award!!

Congratulations!!!! Lol and Lol some dam more..... :D

That award cant be claimed as you own it and MDF is miss runner up!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2017, 03:57 PM
He said only experts.

That rules you out then mr know it all

MI Dirt Fan
07-20-2017, 03:58 PM
That rules you out then mr know it all

Rules you out. I don't try to act like one.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2017, 04:02 PM

I never said i was and never will be

President Clinton
07-20-2017, 04:42 PM
When ol JD gets to be a real somebody, he will switch that beer to Crown, like his buddy Scott drinks?????

Clayton_Wetter
07-20-2017, 05:22 PM
When ol JD gets to be a real somebody, he will switch that beer to Crown, like his buddy Scott drinks?????

How's the chemo going Bill??? :) And how's it hangin'?

Black I
07-20-2017, 05:31 PM

Why even try with that babbler jack weed lol? Litey is lost beyond found :D

dirtcrazy4u
07-20-2017, 05:38 PM
I'm sitting here watching the show me 100 on MavTV tv right now. JD has gone from starting last, 30th, up to 7th place in under 50 laps. It would seem to me that they have a good handle on what they are doing. Maybe there cutting front clips off or changing up rear suspension pick ups. The experts I'm sure have all that knowledge. Maybe there testing, progress has to be moving in the right direction or JD wouldn't be sitting at home. He's a racer and I'm sure he wants to be on track.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2017, 05:50 PM
Why even try with that babbler jack weed lol? Litey is lost beyond found :D

I am not litey i am his brother lite. We are blackies sons

Black I
07-20-2017, 05:52 PM
I am not litey i am his brother lite. We are blackies sons

Younger or older?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2017, 06:20 PM
Older. Calverton is the middle bro

25jrjr
07-20-2017, 06:28 PM

I thought Hilda was the only one in the family, with a set.....she took them from Slick! :)

President Clinton
07-20-2017, 06:43 PM

Monica has everything organized to a T....bag, so all is slick and well.

HammerDown20
07-20-2017, 06:43 PM
JD needs to get back in a Longhorn in my opinion.

Black I
07-20-2017, 08:28 PM
JD needs to get back in a Longhorn in my opinion.

Lol, longhorn wasn't what made jd a one hit wonder.

25jrjr
07-20-2017, 09:09 PM
Lol, longhorn wasn't what made jd a one hit wonder.

Are you referring to a Sammy Davis, Jr. hit...."the gadget man, the gadget man can"! :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2017, 11:21 PM
Ahhh arnt we glad 4m is back to normal and no more data base errors. The 2 trolls are out talkn there chit again.

When jd breaks away from _ _ _ _ hes going to lay the SMACK DOWN on your CANDY A$S'

MI Dirt Fan
07-20-2017, 11:24 PM
Ahhh arnt we glad 4m is back to normal and no more data base errors. The 2 trolls are out talkn there chit again.

Then there's you, adding fuel to the fire.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2017, 11:25 PM
Then there's you, adding fuel to the fire.

Ahhh the 3rd troll arrives

There is no fire

Black I
07-20-2017, 11:26 PM
Ouch! That one must have hurt... Hahahaha!!!!!

MI Dirt Fan
07-20-2017, 11:42 PM
Ahhh the 3rd troll arrives

Dont confuse me with yourself

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2017, 11:46 PM
Dont confuse me with yourself

Yes mr. cant do no wrong

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-21-2017, 09:11 AM
Quit crying litey.

If thats best u got its prolly not worth posting

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-21-2017, 09:47 AM
And stop taunting litey. You're trolling and being a nuisance .

LOOK in the mirror ...... u are as well.

You just pizzd cuz calverton ate the last of your pudding!

nuff said
07-21-2017, 10:29 AM
Ya'll must of really missed each other.