MI Dirt Fan
07-19-2017, 07:12 PM
He said in the previous race interview he hopes there's gonna be a cushion. lol

Clayton_Wetter
07-19-2017, 07:20 PM
Wouldn't count on one being there.

No_Weak_Links
07-19-2017, 07:29 PM
I didn't think it was possible for somebody to look worse than Bloomquist did, but I was wrong.

153J
07-19-2017, 07:47 PM
over / under on how many different vehicles booby hits in the "feature"?

BIG MAC ATTACK
07-19-2017, 07:56 PM
Just looked good in consy

klemmabyna
07-19-2017, 08:01 PM
No_Weak_Links :
"I didn't think it was possible for somebody to look worse than Bloomquist did, but I was wrong."

dare to compare?

http://racing-reference.info/race/2013_Inaugural_Mudsummer_Classic/C
25 21 51 Scott Bloomquist Toyota Care (Kyle Busch) Toyota 151 7,750 running 0 19

http://racing-reference.info/race/2015_1-800_Car_Cash_Mudsummer_Classic/C
2 1 63 Bobby Pierce RPM Services LLC Global (Mike Mittler) Chevrolet 154 27,697 running 39 43

MI Dirt Fan
07-19-2017, 08:30 PM
I love how they just said some of the world's greatest dirt cup drivers set to take to Eldora. Lmao

MI Dirt Fan
07-19-2017, 08:32 PM
Not sure what's worse. Bobby's run or Michael Waltrip announcing

No_Weak_Links
07-19-2017, 08:37 PM
I stand corrected. Bobby finished 1 spot higher than Scott because 1 truck pulled in. Either way both looked terrible.

klemmabyna
07-19-2017, 08:42 PM
yep. even bobby's worst year was better than bloomer's best. throw in the 2nd place finish (click link above) in 2015 and there is no comparison. maybe tonight bobby can finish worse than 25th.

ptown
07-19-2017, 08:43 PM
Not sure what's worse. Bobby's run or Michael Waltrip announcing

Gay Michael Waltrip is much worse.

golddirt
07-19-2017, 09:02 PM
Spit or swallow ptown?

MI Dirt Fan
07-19-2017, 09:07 PM
Spit or swallow ptown?

Ask Sliding Sideways

ptown
07-19-2017, 09:47 PM
Spit or swallow ptown?

Classy......

MI Dirt Fan
07-19-2017, 10:17 PM
Where's Pierce? In line at the concession stand?

WildBill32
07-19-2017, 10:19 PM
In 10th with 20 plus to go....

BIG MAC ATTACK
07-19-2017, 10:19 PM
10th right now

WildBill32
07-19-2017, 10:25 PM
Bobbys in 5th now with 20 to go.....

smoothoperator32
07-19-2017, 10:39 PM
6th place dumb a$$ haters

Mudweiser
07-19-2017, 10:41 PM
Gay Michael Waltrip is much worse.

Pure class

Illtsate32
07-19-2017, 10:43 PM
Track was finally coming to him he needed a long run...counting caution laps is bogus in a 150 lapper on a half mile...

MI Dirt Fan
07-19-2017, 10:49 PM

6th place isn't a win. Why the language for?

kidrock
07-19-2017, 10:54 PM
6th place finish is not a bad finish for how the night started. It wouldn't have mattered if he had won the haters would be on here complaining about something.

Snake X3
07-19-2017, 10:59 PM
Love him or hate him, as a late model fan I think it's great to see one of our own run so well in something he hasn't got much experience in. The kid came from the back, like he always does, to challenge for a top 5.

He izzzzzzzzz BOBBY FN PIERCE!

kidrock
07-19-2017, 11:04 PM
Love him or hate him, as a late model fan I think it's great to see one of our own run so well in something he hasn't got much experience in. The kid came from the back, like he always does, to challenge for a top 5.

He izzzzzzzzz BOBBY FN PIERCE!

And if you don't like it eat ---- lol

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-19-2017, 11:07 PM
6th place finish is not a bad finish for how the night started. It wouldn't have mattered if he had won the haters would be on here complaining about something.

One of the big pierce haters isnt been posting in a while. Since data base error started.

Bigracer93
07-19-2017, 11:12 PM
Pierce showed up yesterday to a truck that was no where near done so they lost out on a lot of the practice time that the rest of the teams enjoyed. He also lost rear brakes at the beginning of A-Main and was able to run in the top 6 with front brakes only. I would say he did pretty good considering all that happened and the 5 teams that beat him are full time teams with good equipment.

Black I
07-19-2017, 11:35 PM

No question as for why there are haters.

Millie23
07-20-2017, 12:57 AM
I say Bobby finished pretty good from being a lap down! Just had alittle to much bad luck!

Highside Hustler25
07-20-2017, 06:24 AM
The haters on here are pretty pathetic. Quite a life some must have. Watching a race and hustling to a message board to bash a driver as the race is taking place. So eager to speak your worthless dribble, you can't even wait till the race is over.
Early in the race, the Kid went a lap down when a truck spun in front of him leaving him no where to go and he came to a stop. Being a lap down, he then raced back to a 6th place finish. Their were guys like Christopher Bell, Rico Abreu, JJ Yelley, Johnny Sauter, Chris Windom, and Schrader, who all finished well behind Pierce. I'd say Pierce had a decent night considering he was out of his element and racing against some of the top in their business.

kidrock
07-20-2017, 06:31 AM
The haters on here are pretty pathetic. Quite a life some must have. Watching a race and hustling to a message board to bash a driver as the race is taking place. So eager to speak your worthless dribble, you can't even wait till the race is over.
Early in the race, the Kid went a lap down when a truck spun in front of him leaving him no where to go and he came to a stop. Being a lap down, he then raced back to a 6th place finish. Their were guys like Christopher Bell, Rico Abreu, JJ Yelley, Johnny Sauter, Chris Windom, and Schrader, who all finished well behind Pierce. I'd say Pierce had a decent night considering he was out of his element and racing against some of the top in their business.

Good post Highside

Highside Hustler25
07-20-2017, 06:33 AM
I didn't think it was possible for somebody to look worse than Bloomquist did, but I was wrong.

I stand corrected. Bobby finished 1 spot higher than Scott because 1 truck pulled in. Either way both looked terrible.

More like No_Weak_Stinks. You're babbling out of your @zz and nobody can breathe. Bloomquist was pathetic in a truck. Pierce finished 6th and probably passed more trucks last night than anyone else considering he went to the tail and raced back to the front. If you are going to comment again on this thread, please hang up a air freshener or a Glade stickup out of respect for your fellow 4m members.

No_Weak_Links
07-20-2017, 06:43 AM
If your reading comprehension was a little better you'd see I said Bloomquist was terrible in the truck. You'd also see I was talking about the heat race where Pierce looked as bad as Bloomquist did. I never said anything about the main. He did a lot better in the main. I'm not a Pierce hater. I wanted to see him do good and represent the LM guys, and I'm glad he got it together for the main.

zach51
07-20-2017, 08:20 AM
I was shocked at how bad he was in the heat, but he did get going nicely there at the end of the race. Too many cautions. I agree with an earlier poster, I'd rather see them run 100 green laps and not count cautions. No need to have "Stages" for that race, just one more excuse to through a caution. They need to enforce the ole two spins and your out of the race rule too.

I thought for the longest time that Ty Dillon was going to crawl up there and win it. He was good and smooth early and then went to lunch.

All in all I enjoyed having something to watch last night. Wish they would do more on dirt. I didn't think the event in its entirety was nearly as good as previous years, but still just fine. Better than asphalt.

Zonks32x
07-20-2017, 08:57 AM
Not a Bobby fan, not a Bobby apologist, nor am I a Bobby hater. I'm not keen on a few of his "fan boys" on this site, but they're not looking for my approval. The feeling is mutual.

That said, the kid had a rough night to start, no question, but I think he redeemed himself quite nicely.

Especially, considering the piece of crap truck he was driving. Did any one else see the segment during the heats that showed the steering wheel that was on the #63 truck??

Old beat up, wrapped in electrical tape, pos,...just a small reflection of the ride itself.

All things considered, a hard-earned 6th place finish was a good night in that truck.

zach51
07-20-2017, 09:09 AM
I didn't really make much of the steering wheel thing. I just assumed that is what he was comfortable with. I was never a major racer but I always had goofy tape, padding, etc on my steering wheels, whatever made it more comfortable. Looked stupid but worked fine. The nut behind the wheel was the bigger problem than the wheel in my case. I bought probably 3-4 steering wheels when I started until I found one that I liked. Steering wheel is about like a baseball glove or what have you. First thing I'd do would be to rub in the dirt, rough it up with a bench grinder a bit, take some of the slick off.

TheJet-09
07-20-2017, 09:14 AM
I agree with the take on that team. The steering wheel is one thing (I almost thought it was from my car by the look of it), but how on earth were they not ready for practice? Bobby is the one who just finished racing 20 some nights over 30 some days, not that truck team. I think he did a great job, all things considered! I also felt bad for him as he talked about missing most of practice. He came into that race, probably with high expectations of himself, but certainly from others as this race was in his "domain." And he's already won the most prestigious LM race at Eldora, so a lot of eyes were on him.

I couldn't have told you his trucks number before the race (which is to say I know nothing about them), but they didn't strike me as a 6th place team, yet he got them there. Good job kid!

CIRF
07-20-2017, 09:36 AM
Pierce is probably getting all there is to get out of the ride he has, and maybe a little more. He has nothing to be ashamed of in regards to his NASCAR truck exploits. To bounce back to a top 10 finish last night is admirable, for sure.

Last year and 2015 might have been Pierce's best chance at winning but both years' he got beat by better drivers. In 2015 Pierce and Bell swapped the lead a couple of times but in the end Bell proved a bit too much. In 2016 Larson went a lap down and methodically worked his way back to the front and drove around Pierce on his way to the victory in the process.

Hopefully Pierce can once again get himself in position to win this race sometime in the future and I hope he does.

fastford
07-20-2017, 09:43 AM
I,m not claiming to be a fan or a hater, matter of fact , about all i know about him is from reading all the BS on here about him from both sides, which is certainly no way to judge a person, that being said , I thought he did a very good job last night, when he fell a lap down, I figured he was through, but driving your way back from a lap down to finish 6th impressed me.....

IL LM Fan
07-20-2017, 10:44 AM
Conrats to Bobby on a 6th place finish after early set backs out of his control.
Watched the replay on FS1. What a joke counting caution laps was. Seems like the first segment was almost all caution laps.

Illtsate32
07-20-2017, 11:25 AM
I was shocked at how bad he was in the heat, but he did get going nicely there at the end of the race. Too many cautions. I agree with an earlier poster, I'd rather see them run 100 green laps and not count cautions. No need to have "Stages" for that race, just one more excuse to through a caution. They need to enforce the ole two spins and your out of the race rule too. I thought for the longest time that Ty Dillon was going to crawl up there and win it. He was good and smooth early and then went to lunch.All in all I enjoyed having something to watch last night. Wish they would do more on dirt. I didn't think the event in its entirety was nearly as good as previous years, but still just fine. Better than asphalt.Agree the track was just starting to clean up there was prob only 70 green flag laps on it at the end racing was getting good yes shorten I race if need be but give us a 100 laps of green racing please...

Barbecueboy
07-20-2017, 11:30 AM
Not a Bobby fan, not a Bobby apologist, nor am I a Bobby hater. I'm not keen on a few of his "fan boys" on this site, but they're not looking for my approval. The feeling is mutual.

That said, the kid had a rough night to start, no question, but I think he redeemed himself quite nicely.

Especially, considering the piece of crap truck he was driving. Did any one else see the segment during the heats that showed the steering wheel that was on the #63 truck??

Old beat up, wrapped in electrical tape, pos,...just a small reflection of the ride itself.

All things considered, a hard-earned 6th place finish was a good night in that truck.

Fantastic post...........and " fan boys" made me lol........it's the catalyst for the hatin.

TackyTracker
07-20-2017, 11:31 AM
sounds like I should watch the replay.. didn't get to see it last night

IL LM Fan
07-20-2017, 11:35 AM
It was replayed at 11:30 pm CT. After all the Soccer was done.

Cardirt0
07-20-2017, 12:01 PM
Bobby.....Lets see he raced, and he lost, and we on page 3, thats more then most will have, For not doing much... Gay or not MW $ucks at it and needs to go...(Thats not a pun)

Cardirt0
07-20-2017, 12:03 PM
Classy......

How would you know.. Do you need to look it up too...If you dont know what a word means you need to look it up...

blncfn57
07-20-2017, 12:05 PM
Bobby.....Lets see he raced, and he lost, and we on page 3, thats more then most will have, For not doing much... Gay or not MW $ucks at it and needs to go...(Thats not a pun)

The broadcasters made me think of this site. A bunch of folks who have no clue trying to talk like they do.....

CIRF
07-20-2017, 12:19 PM
The broadcasters made me think of this site. A bunch of folks who have no clue trying to talk like they do.....It's apparent that you fit in very nicely.

TerryM
07-20-2017, 12:58 PM
Is there anything or anyone you guys don't hate? lol ... geez, why even watch?

TS FAN
07-20-2017, 01:24 PM

Makes you wonder, doesn't it???

TackyTracker
07-20-2017, 01:53 PM
was it fox go or something like that or maybe fox sports go

MI Dirt Fan
07-20-2017, 01:54 PM

Because it's on tv

CIRF
07-20-2017, 02:03 PM
Makes you wonder, doesn't it???What makes me wonder is where you ran off to Power boy? LOLOL!!

BloomerHarvickFan
07-20-2017, 02:36 PM
The funniest thing of the night was the ignorant Todd Bodine, talking about Chase Briscoe....saying he'd run 410 career sprint car races...when the graphic actually said that he had raced 410 sprint cars.....
I about fell out of my chair laughing.

MI Dirt Fan
07-20-2017, 02:57 PM
The funniest thing of the night was the ignorant Todd Bodine, talking about Chase Briscoe....saying he'd run 410 career sprint car races...when the graphic actually said that he had raced 410 sprint cars.....
Mine was the in studio pre race show where one said the greatest dirt drivers in the world were at Eldora tonight. lol

CIRF
07-20-2017, 03:06 PM
They weren't all at Eldora last night but there certainly were at least a couple of the greatest dirt drivers in the world today. Rico & Christopher Bell would fit the description nicely.

zach51
07-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Funniest part to me was Tony Stewart strutting around like he owned the place....

Clayton_Wetter
07-20-2017, 03:54 PM
More like No_Weak_Stinks. You're babbling out of your @zz and nobody can breathe. Bloomquist was pathetic in a truck. Pierce finished 6th and probably passed more trucks last night than anyone else considering he went to the tail and raced back to the front. If you are going to comment again on this thread, please hang up a air freshener or a Glade stickup out of respect for your fellow 4m members.

That's because his truck (Bloomquist) was not set up right. Happens to everyone, so don't discriminate!!! :)

Black I
07-20-2017, 04:42 PM
Discimination is just wrong HH! You should no this:)

Black I
07-20-2017, 04:44 PM
How many truckers did bobby take out anyway? Two, three... More??

Clayton_Wetter
07-20-2017, 05:17 PM
What makes me wonder is where you ran off to Power boy? LOLOL!!

Wonder no further. He's busy coloring!!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51QBPons9%2BL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLe ft%2C0%2C35_PIStarRatingFOUR%2CBottomLeft%2C360%2C-6_SR600%2C315_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Clayton_Wetter
07-20-2017, 05:18 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f4/40/1c/f4401c30b07ec83e3d0b40d4d1bdf161.jpg
And reading Hero's bully book!!! :)

Black I
07-20-2017, 05:37 PM
Lol....!!!!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2017, 05:39 PM
C W dont bring out your true colors! Now they know your hobbies.

Clayton_Wetter
07-20-2017, 05:40 PM
How many truckers did bobby take out anyway? Two, three... More??

You mean he's hitting truck stops???? :)

Clayton_Wetter
07-20-2017, 05:42 PM
C W dont bring out your true colors! Now they know your hobbies.

SS you better get under my wing and fly right!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2017, 05:45 PM
You mean he's hitting truck stops???? :)

No that where blackie works at the truck stops.

NormP
07-20-2017, 05:53 PM
Looks like you ate your own chit.

Hey little buddy where did you go? Haven't seen you comment since the race ended.....

Should we all send him a message and make sure he's alright? He suddenly went MIA.

zyoung25
07-20-2017, 07:18 PM
That's because his truck (Bloomquist) was not set up right. Happens to everyone, so don't discriminate!!! :)

Wasn't setup right because......Scott THOUGHT he would be smarter than everyone and remove a part. He stepped on his own weenie there.

Black I
07-20-2017, 07:38 PM
Wasn't setup right because......Scott THOUGHT he would be smarter than everyone and remove a part. He stepped on his own weenie there.

You're gonna step on it now and then. Lol, he has been smarter then most more times then not. :cool:

Highside Hustler25
07-20-2017, 08:18 PM

I as well. I thought, did he really just say that? What the he11. Todd Bodine was a great racer but why would they try and make a announcer out of him?

25jrjr
07-20-2017, 09:07 PM

Didn't Kyle apologize to Scott for the team not putting the sway bar back on? The team claimed they didn't have enough time to put it back on. Hardly, Scotts fault!

zyoung25
07-20-2017, 10:04 PM
Didn't Kyle apologize to Scott for the team not putting the sway bar back on? The team claimed they didn't have enough time to put it back on. Hardly, Scotts fault!

First time I've ever heard that. It was still Scott's idea to take it off. So why would Kyle need to apologize for something his team was asked to do?

I'm not taking anything away from the guy, I wanted him to win.

CIRF
07-21-2017, 10:26 AM
I've watched the 2013 Eldora truck race 3 times and have yet to see in the broadcast that bloomy removed this now infamous sway bar. Not saying it wasn't on the broadcast it's just that I have never seen it. If anyone has a time spot of the broadcast when this sway bar controversy is covered please post it.

As far as quantity of trucks passed by any particular driver it seems Bell would be in the running for that. He gets himself wrecked early and the right front suspension of his ride is way out of whack and he comes back to actually lead the race. I don't believe Pierce ever led. Bell would have had to pass a bunch of trucks with a seriously damaged race truck and still run top 10 even after having a tire go flat late in the race.

Illtsate32
07-21-2017, 11:24 AM
Guess who the all time lap leader is for the Eldora truck race...hint his name is on this thread...

NormP
07-21-2017, 11:31 AM
Guess who the all time lap leader is for the Eldora truck race...hint his name is on this thread...

Phil Pulliam of Maple Park Illinois?

IL LM Fan
07-21-2017, 11:34 AM
I was dozing off for a bit during the second stage. Didn't see how Bell ended up in 1st with that hurt Truck. I'm guessing he stayed out while leaders pitted? Just doesn't seem likely that he passed the field with the damage on that truck. There wasn't that much green flag racing anyway.

zach51
07-21-2017, 11:53 AM
Bell did pass a lot of trucks every with that damage, I think he was up to about 5th and had recently been in, so yes he stayed out.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-21-2017, 12:01 PM
Phil Pulliam of Maple Park Illinois?

He carries pierces helmet bag

Illtsate32
07-21-2017, 12:08 PM
Bell did pass a lot of trucks every with that damage, I think he was up to about 5th and had recently been in, so yes he stayed out.I was very suprised he could run that well I dont dought it may have helped the truck in the corners with the tow knocked that far out but I figured it would of scrubbed off way to much speed to be competitive..

zach51
07-21-2017, 12:20 PM
I was very suprised he could run that well I dont dought it may have helped the truck in the corners with the tow knocked that far out but I figured it would of scrubbed off way to much speed to be competitive..

No doubt, a little toe out is good but that was substantial. Fortunately Eldora is a bit more "round" than a lot of tracks, not a whole lot of time spent with the wheel straight. If it would have been Knoxville, longer straights, flatter, he would have had a very hard time.

CIRF
07-21-2017, 12:20 PM
I'll have to look but I believe you're right, Bell was up to 5th or 6th and stayed out which had him restart in the lead. That said it still took Friesen several laps to clear Bell for the lead which in itself is quite an accomplishment. I believe he'd have held on for a top 5 had the flat tire not occurred.

For those of us who witnessed Bell's epic performances driving a USAC Midget at Macon and Lincoln on the 1st & 2nd of July will find Bell driving a badly damaged truck to the front at Eldora to be no particular surprise.

zach51
07-21-2017, 01:18 PM
I have first hand knowledge of seeing Bell drive. He passed me a couple of times back in 2010 up in Tulsa in a micro sprint like I was tied to a fence post. I got a picture of our trailers parked together which is kinda neat. One night in particular I flipped and tore my car all to heck and him and his dad were parked next to me and helped me load it in the trailer since I was by myself and had no help. Nice people, I really hope he stays healthy and safe. He could be giving Larson headaches in a couple years in the Cup series.

RiffRaf67
07-21-2017, 02:06 PM
Also not a surprise for those of us that watched Bell race from 20th to 2nd in the Kings Royal, all under green past a lot of other fast sprint cars.

CIRF
07-21-2017, 02:30 PM
I have first hand knowledge of seeing Bell drive. He passed me a couple of times back in 2010 up in Tulsa in a micro sprint like I was tied to a fence post. I got a picture of our trailers parked together which is kinda neat. One night in particular I flipped and tore my car all to heck and him and his dad were parked next to me and helped me load it in the trailer since I was by myself and had no help. Nice people, I really hope he stays healthy and safe. He could be giving Larson headaches in a couple years in the Cup series.
Great story zach! I'm bettin' you're are one of a very large group who have had the similar experience of Mr. Bell blowing past them. Last year at the WoO Rockford debacle my 13 year old niece went into the pits before hotlaps and talked to Christopher and got his autograph. She came back to her seat and was totally star struck and gushing over how nice and friendly Bell was to her. He made a hardcore fan for life that night!

First time I saw Bell race was at a POWRi/USAC National Midget show at Little Belleville and before the night was over we knew exactly who Christopher Bell was. Later that summer we watched him win the Belleville Midget Nationals that involved a fierce battle with Rico Abeu at breathtaking speeds and proximity to the guardrail. This was right after Kyle Larson began climbing the ladder to where he is today and everyone was saying Bell is the next big thing following Larson. I was skeptical at first but it turns out they were correct.

Also not a surprise for those of us that watched Bell race from 20th to 2nd in the Kings Royal, all under green past a lot of other fast sprint cars.The Kings Royal Prelim win and 20th to 2nd performance at the Kings Royal may be the most impressive feat in Christopher Bell's resume' to date. When you beat Donnie Schatz and the boys as a part timer in their own playground you've done something pretty special!!