PDA

View Full Version : Bloomer Tire Accident

PBR66
07-22-2017, 07:26 PM
Tire exploded after they left it airing up and forgot about it

Bob Hubbard
07-23-2017, 06:02 AM
I have to admit bloomer does make me smile ....

chupp n bloomer fan
07-23-2017, 06:26 AM
I have to admit bloomer does make me smile ....Not quite sure I'd smile about that. They are extremely lucky none of them, another team, track personnel, or a spectator, were not injured or killed. Stupid mistake where you get in a hurry, and it coulda injured or killed someone right now.

3 wide
07-23-2017, 06:57 AM
Looks like they soaked that one a little too long.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-23-2017, 07:06 AM
Looks like they soaked that one a little too long.No dumba$$, they were airing it up, got sidetracked, and left it airing up till it exploded.

Cannot comprehend how some see the humor in this. It 100% woulda killed or fuked them up bad, if someone would have been a foot or two closer, and if he hadn't been in an end stall.

Bob Hubbard
07-23-2017, 07:32 AM
My guess is bloomers crew was so high last nite they didnt know about the explosion till they read about it on 4m ....

golddirt
07-23-2017, 08:00 AM
I go with soaking too long!

dalemcfan
07-23-2017, 08:04 AM
Why is he still having to use Hudgkins hauler? He supposedly was getting a new one in the offseason. It doesn't take 8 months to get a hauler. I hear Hudgkins was supposed to get an updated car in exchange for loaning the hauler and has yet to see it. I believe I'd be taking my hauler back.

ptown
07-23-2017, 08:09 AM
My guess is bloomers crew was so high last nite they didnt know about the explosion till they read about it on 4m ....

snort snort

Highside Hustler25
07-23-2017, 09:12 AM

I seen a while back Scott brought the flake back on board. As good as Scott is, imagine if he actually had a top notch crew. Like C&B said, that could have ended up way worse than it did. Thank God nobody got hurt.

Josh Bayko
07-23-2017, 09:16 AM
Why is he still having to use Hudgkins hauler? He supposedly was getting a new one in the offseason. It doesn't take 8 months to get a hauler. I hear Hudgkins was supposed to get an updated car in exchange for loaning the hauler and has yet to see it. I believe I'd be taking my hauler back.

Mistakes happen, but I agree, if somebody was borrowing my hauler and blew a hole in the side due to negligence or whatever I'd be wanting my hauler back and I'd expect it fixed when I got it back.

bleedblue55
07-23-2017, 09:29 AM
Latest twist in this saga is that Hudkins is supposedly looking to buy the Rocket1 big blue rig which is for sale. Mark seems to get a new one every 3-4 years.

Josh Bayko
07-23-2017, 10:17 AM
Latest twist in this saga is that Hudkins is supposedly looking to buy the Rocket1 big blue rig which is for sale. Mark seems to get a new one every 3-4 years.

If that's true, I can't blame Hudkins, if I was going to buy a used hauler, the Rocket rig would be the one I'd want to buy. Mark spares no expense when he gets them.

Krooser
07-23-2017, 10:17 AM
I can never see those images when the little box is in the LF corner... when it's in the middle I can see it... guess I don't know the secret handshake!

25jrjr
07-23-2017, 01:16 PM
That wasn't talcum powder they were cleaning up after the explosion! :)

Seriously......when you blow the side of the hauler out, someone could have been seriously hurt or killed! The facebook pic I saw was ugly!

chupp n bloomer fan
07-23-2017, 03:45 PM
Wonder what tune some of you would sing if it happened to someone you like. Amazing, the ignorance on here.

HoosierDirtFan
07-23-2017, 03:48 PM
Wonder what tune some of you would sing if it happened to someone you like. Amazing, the ignorance on here.

Thought the same thing.

Bubstr
07-23-2017, 04:02 PM
When you go to a bead lock, it is much like a split rim. When I was in fighter squadron VF101, we lost a guy airing up a main gear landing wheel. Rim wasn't torqued or put in a cage for air and took the top of his head off, just above the eye brows.. They get 550 lbs psi on a Carrier.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-23-2017, 04:14 PM

Wouldn't happen to me, period.

zach51
07-23-2017, 04:23 PM
Glad nobody was injured, the pic looked pretty severe. I'm not really sure how you forget about airing up a tire though. It doesn't take that long. They don't need to try to multi-task apparently. But in all seriousness, it is amazing and fortunate that more stuff like this doesn't happen more often than it does.

Krooser
07-23-2017, 06:25 PM
https://i2.wp.com/www.stlracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/bloomquisthauler.jpg?resize=762%2C1024

chupp n bloomer fan
07-23-2017, 07:35 PM
Wouldn't happen to me, period.Didn't mean you honey. Nor me. That's nothing you fuk with. I run heavy equipment, so I kinda know what Bubstr is talking about. But no matter what it is, you need to respect the danger that is there. You make ONE guy do that job, and that is his job till it is done. You don't try and do ten things, you take care of the tires, then you move on.

I was actually referring to if it was Moyer, Pierce, Sheppard, whoever, would they still crack stupid wise a$$ remarks.

Josh Bayko
07-23-2017, 07:41 PM
I was actually referring to if it was Moyer, Pierce, Sheppard, whoever, would they still crack stupid wise a$$ remarks.

Somebody would. Most of 4M is poorly thought out "humor" anymore.

ptown
07-23-2017, 08:11 PM

Now some of you Hillary loving liberal delicate little snowflakes shouldn't take things so serious.....lol

dirtcrazy4u
07-23-2017, 08:21 PM
I saw the same thing. A split rim came apart and took the side of a guys head right off. Very, very ugly scene. Anybody making lite of that situation, your pretty screwed up and should go look at yourself in a mirror...

golddirt
07-23-2017, 09:15 PM
I did but the mirror cracked

Jim11h
07-23-2017, 09:29 PM
Why must some bring such realization to a topic bubstr? Danger is everywhere and like how you told it. Racing one thing but honestly think when you bring in service it reaches another level and it very well should!! Couldn't nor wanna ever see that (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)!

buster83
07-23-2017, 11:03 PM
yelp them cages work well even better when bolted down.

lw82
07-24-2017, 12:47 AM
They were no doubt using a clip on air chuck. Takes a while to put 50 pounds in a tire to grow it so bending over to do it is a pain. Once it on one person distracts you and you forget and boom. I never liked using it cause so easy to forget. Safer to just hold it on there

Last Rebel 1
07-24-2017, 02:01 AM
It's a wonder tires have not killed more racers.
Years ago if I needed 1 1/2 or 2 inches in staggers on a dirt tire I have put 70-80 pounds of air in a tire,water it down and put it in the hot summer sun and you could get 2 to 3 more inches of stagger.
In the early 80's you had to mount pavement tire's you hand to blow the tire to the bead with starter fluid.
I've been very lucky
Glad no one was hurt.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-24-2017, 07:54 AM
Somebody would. Most of 4M is poorly thought out "humor" anymore.Yes, definitely if it was Bobby. There are some on here that would be cute about it. No humor in this kinda thing. Unless you're a dumba$$.

Bob Hubbard
07-24-2017, 08:06 AM
I use to drive this old 1970 ford 350 with a small ladder crane when i was a kid .... Single axle - needed dual wheels on it .... It was a comon thing to hear a bang & see the split ring passing you going down the exspress way .... What a pos that truck was .... I never did understand the spit ring thing but I knew to stand to the side of the tire guy when he hooked up the hose to it .....

zach51
07-24-2017, 08:57 AM
He would have been really pissed if that would have been his new truck. If there is indeed a new truck coming. Somebody months ago said it was being built in Texas, and that's all the info we have? Mo' Weak Leaks please!

MI Dirt Fan
07-24-2017, 09:12 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TGqS5n05Q1o

over4T
07-24-2017, 09:20 AM
My grandfather had a recapping tire biz when I was just a squirt and was teaching me how to break down truck rims when I was seven. One of his employees blew a split rim up, it hit the ceiling probably 18 feet up and darned near killed his Doberman guard dog. I hated that dog but still... A young guy mounting a sprint car tire at our Friday night track got killed a few years ago when it blew up, probably over inflated. After some 60 years mounting our race tires it still makes me nervous and I NEVER over inflate them. Tires are nothing to screw around with. Period.

Clayton_Wetter
07-24-2017, 07:18 PM

That is your honest guess?

Clayton_Wetter
07-24-2017, 08:01 PM
He would have been really pissed if that would have been his new truck. If there is indeed a new truck coming. Somebody months ago said it was being built in Texas, and that's all the info we have? Mo' Weak Leaks please!

Hear you were the result of a rubber accident!!!!! hahahahahahahahaaa

Jus Kiddin!!!!

Bob Hubbard
07-25-2017, 01:59 AM
That is your honest guess?

Did you think I was being serious ? I was just poking fun at Bloomer ....He makes it so easy ...

Bob Hubbard
07-26-2017, 03:19 PM
A video has surfaced of the alleged tire accident .....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-bwOgbuvBY

ptown
07-26-2017, 03:39 PM
A video has surfaced of the alleged tire accident .....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-bwOgbuvBY

Is that chup n bloomer fan coming down to help.....lolololol

ptown
07-26-2017, 03:56 PM

Or maybe it's Cardirt when he was helping Hedrick.....lolololol