PDA

View Full Version : T-mac wins i 80

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-22-2017, 11:18 PM
congrats to tmac and team longhorn!

NY DIRT
07-22-2017, 11:24 PM
Looks like about $54,000 to me. Which is the largest pay day of his career.

MI Dirt Fan
07-22-2017, 11:25 PM
I would say that was a win he needed. Not just because it was a LOLMS event but for his LM career in general. They definitely had the right stuff tonight.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-22-2017, 11:26 PM
He won a big race a few yrs back that was like 50k. Im thinking duck river but i might b wrong.

TUTY
07-22-2017, 11:27 PM
He will be looking for $50,000 more at Cedar Lake in 2 weeks.

mccreadiefan39
07-22-2017, 11:29 PM
Amazing car to come from 15th that quick to the lead and the car/tires never faded

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-22-2017, 11:31 PM
Amazing car to come from 15th that quick to the lead and the car/tires never faded

No joke i thought his tires wouldnt hold up. I bet hes tickled to death right now!

chathamracefan
07-22-2017, 11:31 PM
He won at Cedar Lake a few years ago I believe. Maybe like 2013. That would have been $50k

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-22-2017, 11:33 PM
He won at Cedar Lake a few years ago I believe. Maybe like 2013. That would have been $50k

Ok ik he won a big race just wasnt sure of track. Thanks for correcting

MI Dirt Fan
07-22-2017, 11:34 PM
He was leading in 21 laps. Bshepp came from 32nd, Bronson came from 17th, Bloomquist was caught up in the Junghans roll over while running around 11th I think, pitted twice during the race. Babb came from the back after an early flat.

There were 5 cautions I believe for cars either stopping or slowing on the track.

Minny Lakes
07-23-2017, 12:55 AM
This event proves how much qualifying sucks. Show up to the track and draw for a starting spot, make the fast guys pass some cars like you see at this race every year.

jlacey
07-23-2017, 01:09 AM
Congrats TMac!

fryefan
07-23-2017, 01:32 AM
This event proves how much qualifying sucks. Show up to the track and draw for a starting spot, make the fast guys pass some cars like you see at this race every year.

You are 100% correct. Passing point systems produce a lot more "racing" than the freight-train format, and it is not even close.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-23-2017, 07:01 AM

You are 100% correct. Passing point systems produce a lot more "racing" than the freight-train format, and it is not even close.You both are missing the key component of the passing points system, the track has to be capable of producing actual conditions you can pass in. And I-80 is one of them tracks, but there aren't very many as good as I-80.

I agree, in the right conditions, it's good. But I'll never be fully on board with the lottery style pick a number format. I don't spend thousands on a car, countless man hours, and have a fast hot rod, to start eighth, while some guy whose a second plus off the pace starts on the pole or close to it because of a good lottery pick.

Local shows, pill drawing is fine, larger events, seen the consequences of a slow guy up front, and the fast guys behind him . Ends is torn up sh!t.

Bob Hubbard
07-23-2017, 07:39 AM
Just watched the video .....Great racing all over the track ....Top to bottom ....

ptown
07-23-2017, 08:11 AM
Congrats tmac now on to Fairbury with a pocket full of money.

mccreadiefan39
07-23-2017, 08:25 AM
5 straight weekends of Crown Jewels (I-80, Fairbury, Cedar Lake, Florence and Batesville)

Great time of year to be running well

Bob Hubbard
07-23-2017, 08:42 AM
How do you see the deal with brian shirley n Oneal .....Seems like it was early in the race to be that agressive ....

Bforwarned
07-23-2017, 09:20 AM
Love this race every year. Tmac was in another class. If there is one thing I don't agree on its how the big names purposely bring out the yellow to make a tire or set-up change. I say if you intentionally bring a yellow out, your night is done. Sucks for the fans. Tmac was getting ready to put Bloomer a lap down when the first one happened.

Highside Hustler25
07-23-2017, 09:25 AM
How do you see the deal with brian shirley n Oneal .....Seems like it was early in the race to be that agressive ....

Looked like Brian got loose off the corner and had to decide between the wall or the Deal. Probably made the right choice. Just hard racing.

ptown
07-23-2017, 09:33 AM
Love this race every year. Tmac was in another class. If there is one thing I don't agree on its how the big names purposely bring out the yellow to make a tire or set-up change. I say if you intentionally bring a yellow out, your night is done. Sucks for the fans. Tmac was getting ready to put Bloomer a lap down when the first one happened.

Make em go one lap down, that's a problem that needs to be addressed.

mccreadiefan39
07-23-2017, 09:54 AM
Make em go one lap down, that's a problem that needs to be addressed.

100% agree, O'Neal and Richards both stopped on purpose to change tires.

It would be such a simple rule, if you bring out a yellow to change a tire without having a flat then you lose 1 lap

TackyTracker
07-23-2017, 09:55 AM
awesome job by TMAC & crew

NormP
07-23-2017, 10:31 AM
If there is one thing I don't agree on its how the big names purposely bring out the yellow to make a tire or set-up change. I say if you intentionally bring a yellow out, your night is done. Sucks for the fans. Tmac was getting ready to put Bloomer a lap down when the first one happened.

It's absolutely ridiculous and seems to get worse every big race. I think they should automatically be put a lap down if not parked.

Duke100
07-23-2017, 10:37 AM
100% agree, O'Neal and Richards both stopped on purpose to change tires.It would be such a simple rule, if you bring out a yellow to change a tire without having a flat then you lose 1 lapThe not so simple part is who determines if the tire is flat. Flats are so common that I can see why it is not good for the racing to put guys a lap down.

onlyfacts
07-23-2017, 11:05 AM
100% agree, O'Neal and Richards both stopped on purpose to change tires.It would be such a simple rule, if you bring out a yellow to change a tire without having a flat then you lose 1 lapRichards stopped for a helmet change. No issues if he give up his spot for safety. They put a new tire on while he was in. The deal with O'Neal isn't the first time he has done it a couple times this year. Bloomquist does it more than anyone that's why Lucas won't fix the problem. It's really simple Lucas has officials in the hot pit... if the tire isn't flat on the car that caused the caution then that car goes 1 lap down. Anyone else that pits because of the caution should be able to change tires.

25jrjr
07-23-2017, 01:23 PM
Richards stopped for a helmet change. No issues if he give up his spot for safety. They put a new tire on while he was in. The deal with O'Neal isn't the first time he has done it a couple times this year. Bloomquist does it more than anyone that's why Lucas won't fix the problem. It's really simple Lucas has officials in the hot pit... if the tire isn't flat on the car that caused the caution then that car goes 1 lap down. Anyone else that pits because of the caution should be able to change tires.

The rule is...if the tire isn't flat, you don't get the courtesy laps to change it. Seems fair to me.

Bubstr
07-23-2017, 03:05 PM
We should really think this over before putting them a lap down. there are other ways to bring out a caution flag. I think most of us would rather see it the way it is, instead of crashing someone on purpose, or having a teem mate crash them.

It is always fun to see if they can work their way back to the front.

Bubstr
07-23-2017, 03:38 PM
You both are missing the key component of the passing points system, the track has to be capable of producing actual conditions you can pass in. And I-80 is one of them tracks, but there aren't very many as good as I-80.

I agree, in the right conditions, it's good. But I'll never be fully on board with the lottery style pick a number format. I don't spend thousands on a car, countless man hours, and have a fast hot rod, to start eighth, while some guy whose a second plus off the pace starts on the pole or close to it because of a good lottery pick.

Local shows, pill drawing is fine, larger events, seen the consequences of a slow guy up front, and the fast guys behind him . Ends is torn up sh!t.

The bigger point is, if a track can't produce a good race it must be in the wrong business. Fix the track. One thing that is over looked, is where on the track, these TT laps are run and what it does to the track. They are usually ran on the bottom, exactly where they rubber down later in the evening. If they have to race for that starting spot, they have to run where the guy in front is not. This alone helps that rubber down area. A old trick is run the fast line on the first timed lap and go to the bottom for the second lap and make the rest of the track dirty for the rest, by spewing loose clots on the rest of the track. Watch for this sometime. Don't look for that moving cushion if you follow that guy. You will be running the bottom, where it's cleaned off.

Yes there is a chance of a bad draw, but if you do it with a double inverted heat, your other heat will be a good draw. It really needs at least a 50 lap A main to allow for drivers that got shuffled to the rear to put on a show. I think this format can actually help that stinker track, instead of just letting it go to the closed track bone yard.

LM1
07-23-2017, 03:58 PM
What the heck was Shirley thinking on the restart where Junghans rolled over? Wow he almost wrecked half the field!

mccreadiefan39
07-23-2017, 06:27 PM
What the heck was Shirley thinking on the restart where Junghans rolled over? Wow he almost wrecked half the field!

It was odd how he just turned left and jammed up the entire field, nearly took out the top 2 in points (Richards and Bloomquist)

chupp n bloomer fan
07-23-2017, 07:29 PM
The bigger point is, if a track can't produce a good race it must be in the wrong business. Fix the track. One thing that is over looked, is where on the track, these TT laps are run and what it does to the track. They are usually ran on the bottom, exactly where they rubber down later in the evening. If they have to race for that starting spot, they have to run where the guy in front is not. This alone helps that rubber down area. A old trick is run the fast line on the first timed lap and go to the bottom for the second lap and make the rest of the track dirty for the rest, by spewing loose clots on the rest of the track. Watch for this sometime. Don't look for that moving cushion if you follow that guy. You will be running the bottom, where it's cleaned off.

Yes there is a chance of a bad draw, but if you do it with a double inverted heat, your other heat will be a good draw. It really needs at least a 50 lap A main to allow for drivers that got shuffled to the rear to put on a show. I think this format can actually help that stinker track, instead of just letting it go to the closed track bone yard.Can't really disagree with ya, don't think it's a bad idea at all. There are some tracks though, that, well, no kinda format or gimmick will fix.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-23-2017, 07:30 PM
It was odd how he just turned left and jammed up the entire field, nearly took out the top 2 in points (Richards and Bloomquist)He has seriously been driving very "aggressively ", be a nice way to put it:).

25jrjr
07-24-2017, 02:10 PM
He has seriously been driving very "aggressively ", be a nice way to put it:).

More like a SQUIRREL....and you know what they say about that.....

...race with the squirrels and you'll get your nuts cracked! :)

Clayton_Wetter
07-24-2017, 07:19 PM
He will be looking for $50,000 more at Cedar Lake in 2 weeks.

Don't hurt to look.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-24-2017, 07:33 PM
Don't hurt to look.

It does if you yourself looks in the mirror!

25jrjr
07-24-2017, 07:41 PM

How they hangin, lite-out jr! :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-24-2017, 07:51 PM
How they hangin, lite-out jr! :)

I believe you have got the wrong person

Clayton_Wetter
07-24-2017, 07:53 PM

You tryin' to be funny???????

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/c2/c27b1b1b286b00ed8cfca752485b0f189e9448187b4f52183d 66aaf12df46701.jpg