PDA

View Full Version : Cla Knight Picks Up $2k Payday at Screven Motorsports

Ben Shelton
07-24-2017, 12:19 PM
For Immediate Release
July 24, 2017

Cla Knight Picks Up $2k Payday at Screven Motorsports Complex

North Augusta, South Carolina (07/24/17) –Cla Knight parked his Augusta Aquatics #42 Penske Shocks/ Longhorn Chassis Crate Late Model in Victory Lane on Saturday night at Screven Motorsports Complex. It was his second win of the season.

“I can’t believe how blessed I am tonight to get this win,” Knight said. “I made a big mistake in our last race and it really bothered me, so tonight makes up for that. I could see Travis [Pennington] was having an issue at the back of his car as it was really starting to lay over after the last restart. He was really backing up to Matthew [Nance] and me, so I was prepared to make the move that I did.”

On Friday night Cla Knight made the trip to Screven Motor Sports Complex (Sylvania, Georgia), preparing for Saturday’s annual Rebel Yell. Earning the 6th-starting position for the feature via preliminary events, Knight moved up two spots in the 20-lapper to place 4th behind Travis Pennington, Ben Faircloth, and Shane Riner with Joshua Bishop finishing 5th.

Returning on Saturday for the FASTRAK Racing Series sanctioned event, Knight timed in second fastest overall before charging to a heat race win. Rolling off 3rd for the feature, Cla paced his way through the field in the opening 30 circuits. Taking over the lead on lap 31 when the top two runners made contact, Cla Knight built a comfortable lead in the closing laps to pick up his second win of the season with Matthew Nance, Jordy Nipper, David Smith, and Joshua Bishop following him across the finish line. Knight pocketed a $2,000 payday for his 40-lap feature win.

Cla currently resides in fifth in the FASTRAK Racing Series point standings. Complete results from these events can be found at www.ScrevenMotorsports.com and www.FastrakRacing.com .

This Saturday, July 29 the team is slated to race at Wythe Raceway (Rural Retreat, Virginia) in a FASTRAK Late Model weekly program. For more information on the event, please visit www.WytheRaceway.com .

Cla Knight would like to thank his marketing partners, which include Augusta Aquatics, Town & Country Packing, Koury Racing Engines, E-Z-GO Golf Carts, KAR House Racing Radiators, Maxxis Kart Racing, Behrents Performance Warehouse, Penske Racing Shocks, Brian’s Custom Paint, Longhorn Chassis, All Star Graphix, FK Rod Ends, Maxima Racing Oil, Renegade Race Fuel, Schoenfeld Headers, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Cla Knight Racing, please visit www.ClaKnight.com as well the team’s social media channels at http://www.facebook.com/ClaKnightRacing and http://twitter.com/ClaKnightRacing .