PDA

View Full Version : Fairbury seating question

Duke100
07-25-2017, 10:31 AM
I haven't been to Fairbury in a long time. How bad are the reserved seats that are left in turn 1? They are in the first 3 rows. I need 4 seats. How obstructed is the view? We plan on arriving late. Is their any lawn seats available like their is at Eldora? Judging from posts I've seen, it sounds like if you don't have a reserved seat, then their is absolutely nowhere to sit. If the family doesn't come with, and I just get a couple pit passes, is their good spots to watch from the pits or do you need a seat on the back straight also?

t4g2
07-25-2017, 10:49 AM
Reserve seats are in back stretch an 4 sets of bleachers in turn 4. The rest of the seats are first come first serve. If your worried about a good seat you should have thought about that in April. If you get there after 4 on Saturday you can guarantee to stand. Last year was standing room only. There is seats in turn 3 for pit passes but they were full to.there is no seats for lawn chairs. If your coming Friday you shouldn't have a problem getting a seat but if ur not early on Saturday you def won't get a seat an have to park 5 6 blocks away

Duke100
07-25-2017, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the reply. So do you know anything about the seats in turn 1? Their is still some left but being in the first few rows, I don't think the rest of the family will enjoy being pelted with dirt and pebbles as much as I do?

t4g2
07-25-2017, 11:12 AM
kinda confused on where your talking about as their is no reserved seats in turn 1 and actually their is no seats in 1 at all their is seats under the grandstand and that's far enough away from the track, the reserved seats are in turn 4 only on the front side. So what section is it your looking at?

Duke100
07-25-2017, 11:15 AM
Sorry I meant turn 4. I was looking at them late last night...

t4g2
07-25-2017, 11:22 AM
turn 4 you would be a little away from the track as you have the bleachers than horse track then race track. so getting hit by pebbles and such wont be an issue and im not sure on how well you can see the track, someone else would have to answer that as I sit in turn 2 also if you get reserved seats they are good for both nights, and if you get extra and family decides not to go then you wont have any problem selling them. they added seats in turn 3 so if its just you should be able to grab a seat their.

Duke100
07-25-2017, 11:43 AM
Thanks.How much horse track are we talking about? I don't remember that.

t4g2
07-25-2017, 12:17 PM
its pretty wide I think 3 late models wide, and I suggest go on youtube and watch a few videos from last year as someone from that section video taped from that section so you can see what you can really see.

Highside Hustler25
07-25-2017, 12:17 PM
Sorry I meant turn 4. I was looking at them late last night...

You can see them enter turn 3 but your vision is a little blocked until they come out of 4. Seats are a little low. Still, not bad seats.

dmr37
07-25-2017, 12:22 PM
the horse track is about 75 ft wide in turn 4/front stretch

Duke100
07-25-2017, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the replies. Can you get to the seats on the back straight without pit passes? Does anyone have 4 for sale for the back straight?

chathamracefan
07-25-2017, 03:27 PM
You can walk around the turn 1/2 side of the track to get to the backstretch section if you are sitting on the front side. The back is where all of the t shirt vendors will be as well as some additional food vendors. There is concessions on both the front & back as well as restrooms.

#FALSuperman
07-25-2017, 05:27 PM
Contact Kevin Rumley's wife on Twitter @jacqbrush. Kevin is working entire Southern Nationals Tour with Vosberegn. So, they are not headed to FALS....Friends going to the #PDC at @FALS_NATION! My mom has 6 reserved seats to sell (Backstretch G - Row 1, seats 14-19) $60 for all, both nights

Duke100
07-26-2017, 09:07 AM
Thanks for all the help. I picked up some reserved seats, now what is the best way to find good parking? I know the obvious which is get there early. Lol

chathamracefan
07-26-2017, 09:23 AM
There is typically parking across the street in the school parking lot & school property as much as they can fit in. I plan to be there each day by 3:30 or so. That should be early enough to get something in the school lot or the grass on the school property. There was also a guy on another 4m thread mentioning that he would have parking available in his yard & he is just south of the school. I'm guessing there is some kind of additional parking once the school grounds fill up, but I don't know what it is.

gman17
07-27-2017, 03:15 PM
Would love to have two seats on the back stretch for sat if someone isnt gonna make it and sees this pm me but i won't hold my breath.

dirtyboy
07-27-2017, 05:16 PM
The seats in turn 4 you are talking about and not the greatest, but they are decent and you'll have a seat. I would snatch them up if you can.

Black I
07-27-2017, 06:15 PM
They really need to bulldoze the old covered junk and put up decent grandstands along the entire front stretch on the horse track!

Clayton_Wetter
07-27-2017, 06:31 PM
They really need to bulldoze the old covered junk and put up decent grandstands along the entire front stretch on the horse track!

There is nothing better than a covered grandstands!!

Black I
07-27-2017, 06:32 PM
There is nothing better than a covered grandstands!!

I'll buy u an umbrella. ;)

Clayton_Wetter
07-27-2017, 06:51 PM
I'll buy u an umbrella. ;)

No no, you shell out and buy me a roof!!! :)

You can't beat shade, shelter, and warmer covered grandstands. But you just sit out there and get rained on, sun burned, and "dewed" on. ahahahahahhaaaaaa

Jet Jockey
07-27-2017, 06:56 PM
I was just at the track and sat in the first row of the turn 4 bleachers. I could see everything but turn 4. The higher you go , the more of turn 4 you can see. Not bad at all.

turnleftandgasit
07-27-2017, 10:10 PM
Tear them down, and move it's replacement about 100 ft closer to the track.

Shiny Side Up 18
07-27-2017, 10:29 PM
Flip the straightaways and expand the current backstretch seating. That way, you don't have to tear up the covered stands.