PDA

View Full Version : Billy Moyer Jr. Masters MARS at West Plains; USA Nationals Next

Ben Shelton
07-31-2017, 03:55 PM
For Immediate Release
July 31, 2017

Billy Moyer Jr. Masters MARS at West Plains; USA Nationals Next

Batesville, Arkansas (07/31/17) – Billy Moyer Jr. charged to the $3,000 Mid America Racing Series (MARS) victory on Saturday night at Legit Speedway Park in his Crop Production Services #21jr Billy Moyer Victory Race Car/ Pro Power Racing Engines Super Late Model.

The win marked the seventh of the year for the 29-year-old.

“We had an awesome car on Saturday night, and for that matter we did on Friday night too but rain got us there at Batesville,” Moyer Jr. noted. “There’s so much history there at West Plains that it means a lot anytime you can pull into Victory Lane at that place. Thanks to my crew and my sponsors for keeping me at the front and allowing me to do what I love.”

On Friday night Billy Moyer Jr. made the short trip to his hometown race track of Batesville Motor Speedway (Batesville, Arkansas) for the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDSD) sanctioned program. After laying down the fastest time in a field of 24 Super Late Models, Mother Nature forced the postponement of the event before heat races could be contested.

Billy returned to action on Saturday night, competing with the MARS DIRTcar West Series at Legit Speedway Park (West Plains, Missouri). After registering the 10th-fastest time in qualifying, Moyer Jr. charged to the lead from the 3rd-starting spot on lap 5 of the finale. He would go on to top the 23-car field in the feature to pick up his seventh win of the season. Logan Martin, Tim Manville, Scott Crigler, and Kyle Beard. Winning by more than 2 seconds, Billy pocketed a $3,000 payday for the 30-lap victory.

For more results from these events and the final standings, please visit www.COMPDirt.com and www.MARSRacingSeries.com .

This weekend – August 3-5 – the team will trek north to Cedar Lake Speedway (New Richmond, Wisconsin), where they will compete in the 30th annual USA Nationals. More than $250,000 in prize money will be on the line throughout the course of the crown jewel weekend, which is sanctioned by the World of Outlaws (WoO) Craftsman Late Model Series.

Action opens on Thursday with a complete $6,000-to-win show. On Friday and Saturday, the $50,000-to-win USA Nationals will be held. For those unable to attend you can watch the entire weekend live at www.DirtOnDirt.com and for more information on the event, please visit www.CedarLakeSpeedway.com .

Billy Moyer Jr. would like to thank all of his sponsors including Billy Moyer Victory Chassis, Crop Production Services, Mesilla Valley Transportation, C&W & Sons Trucking, Dyna-Gro Seed, Car City, Bad Boy Mowers, Jack’s Auto Parts, Karl Performance, Karl Kustom Corvettes, Karl Chevrolet, Pro Power Racing Engines, Fox Shocks, ROCKHARD Powder Coating, Eibach Springs, XS Batteries, Wehrs Machine, Outerwears, Quickcar, Jones Racing Products, Fuel Safe, Safecraft, Sunoco Race Fuels, Imperial Motors, Amsoil, Bert Transmission, New Vision Graphics, Watters Autoland, Midwest Sheet Metal, Peterson Fluid Systems, Sweet Mfg., MSD Performance, Wiles Driveshafts, Performance Bodies, Hoosier Tire South by Pup, ISC Racing Tape, Oakley Deatherage Opticians, Frankland Racing Products, Hooker Harness, Kluhsman Racing Components, Earnhardt Technologies, BSB Manufacturing, Beyea Custom Headers, Sunoco Race Fuels, Strange Engineering, TWM Products, Scott Performance Wire, AFCO, Design 500, Accu-Force Shock Service, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on the team please visit www.BillyMoyerJr.com .