PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Update

fastlane99
07-31-2017, 09:49 PM
I have a 06 blue grey rocket updated to wide rf in 2011. It does not have the raised x member. I have had differing opinions on whether I should update the car with this. Some people have told me to do it to keep from bottoming out. Others have said don't do it because in their experience, it has made the car harder to set up. I had ran the car as a super but now plan to go crate with it after a couple years of it sitting. Anyone have any suggestions?

CCHIEF
08-01-2017, 12:27 AM
It's an 11 year old car. ROI will be low. Remember the XR1 made the blue snoot cars much less desirable overall market $ wise. The bolt for the RF radius arm hits before the crossmember anyway. I see no difference in setting up the cars.

fastlane99
08-01-2017, 03:08 PM
If only I had the money for an XR1 my problems would be solved LOL. Thanks for the input.

CCHIEF
08-01-2017, 03:20 PM
My point is, if you must, you can likely get a much newer blue car on the cheap, and sell your old one. People are ready to give them away practically, if you work them, to get into an XR1. Wait for the right deal on the right car.