PDA

View Full Version : Duck River

MI Dirt Fan
07-31-2017, 09:59 PM
Did they close? I see alot or even all (I'm not sure) of thoer events cancelled

Chris Thomason
08-01-2017, 12:48 AM
They raced this past Saturday. Their schedule is not nearly as full as it was last year. I think something happened between ownership and a couple of the southern series. SAS and ultimate cancelled. Winchester speedway is owned by Bob Harris as well ,and last I heard both places were for sale.

LMNED10
08-01-2017, 10:25 AM
I heard they had only 4 super show up Saturday night and Bob gave them $100 each not to unload. I am afraid we may be seeing the end to Winchester & Duck River

castone
08-01-2017, 12:30 PM
Winchester Raceway Tn had storm damage 2 months ago, and then thieves broke in the tower stole and broke up everything. Duck River and Winchester both good dirt Tracks, and wish them both the very best, but once a Track starts slipping it is hard to stop the slip.

luv racin
08-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Had thoughts about going to the deep fried 75 in September but the way this sounds and no sanctioning on, I will probly be better off going to the Jackson at Brownstown instead

LMNED10
08-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Yea it make you wonder what is gonna happen to Deep Fried, no sanction is one thing that keeps some drivers away, then the uncertainty of the track whether is is going to be open or not just a lot going on in middle Tennessee with dirt tracks. There was supposed to be Southern All Star race at Duck this weekend but that got kicked out a months back as Bob does not like sanctioned races. Hope they get their act together or we gonna lose two more tracks we don't need to lose.

Chris Thomason
08-02-2017, 04:39 PM
Had thoughts about going to the deep fried 75 in September but the way this sounds and no sanctioning on, I will probly be better off going to the Jackson at Brownstown instead

Duck River is really exciting when the racing is tight. If you've never been there dont let it go away without making a visit. You could be right about the jackson but Brownstown aint goin anywhere