PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Davenport officially out of Barry Wright house car

Returning to Dirt
08-03-2017, 10:28 AM
http://insidedirtracing.com/jonathan-davenport-officially-out-of-barry-wright-race-cars-house-car/

Davenport confirmed the rumors via Twitter

blncfn57
08-03-2017, 10:55 AM
I hear pep boys are hiring for their tire shop :D

Did you quit because you couldn't handle it?

blncfn57
08-03-2017, 11:07 AM
I work at burger king!

lol Were you making too much money at pep boys? Or trying to cut down on the grocery bill?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Did you quit because you couldn't handle it?

Hes the walmart greater goober. Only job he qualifies for

blncfn57
08-03-2017, 11:27 AM
JD is qualified for pep boys tho.

By "qualified", do you mean he has enough mental capacity to not over inflate a tire and destroy everything in it's path? LOL Sorry, you left that door wide open.

waaac77
08-03-2017, 11:35 AM
This is amazing! All this is, is people who are jealous. Every comment on here is like a bully from a high school! So tell us all of you perfect genius' where is it that you're all qualified to work at? Also please let us all know more about how much better of a human being you are than Jonathan Davenport since you all know him so well. Thanks

blncfn57
08-03-2017, 11:46 AM
This is amazing! All this is, is people who are jealous. Every comment on here is like a bully from a high school! So tell us all of you perfect genius' where is it that you're all qualified to work at? Also please let us all know more about how much better of a human being you are than Jonathan Davenport since you all know him so well. Thanks

Not EVERY post. I enjoy razzing the 0 nut huggers. They generally don't have anything nice to say about anyone that competes with Scott. I put that type of fan in the same category as St Louis Cardinal and Green Bay Packer fans. It's not that I don't agree the Cards, Packers and Bloomer are good, it's that the fans act like every other team or competitor sucks......

blncfn57
08-03-2017, 11:49 AM
Why can't u come up with smart stuff to say like blnfl57, slippy slopper?

Just don't take anything personal, It's all in good spirits

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-03-2017, 11:56 AM
Lmao!! I'm off to work, leave me alone!

You going off to your bathroom porter job?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-03-2017, 12:14 PM
Just don't take anything personal, It's all in good spirits

Dont confuse liteys daddy

dirtdobber45
08-03-2017, 01:02 PM
Hes the walmart greater goober. Only job he qualifies forAre you talking about JD? The reason I ask is that at my local walmart youll see two or three people that work there walking around with capes on. Figured they got the idea from JD

zach51
08-03-2017, 01:09 PM
We all thought he was done when he went to the 6 car too didn't we? Sheesh.

Bobby Pierce is probably thinking "Thank God, JD news" lol.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-03-2017, 01:10 PM
Are you talking about JD? The reason I ask is that at my local walmart youll see two or three people that work there walking around with capes on. Figured they got the idea from JD

Its funny how u can read preavous post just fine before. You know just who that was for.

zach51
08-03-2017, 01:11 PM
I was hoping some of that #49 BWRC gear on his website would get cheap come Charlotte. I guess I got my wish.

dirtdobber45
08-03-2017, 02:02 PM
Bobby can't help but stay in the news. He'll be the laughingstock again soon lolTee hee^^^^^^

dirtdobber45
08-03-2017, 02:03 PM
Its funny how u can read preavous post just fine before. You know just who that was for.For JD. Hes the only one with a cape... aint he?

Krooser
08-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Beer and cheese...cheese and beer... cow sh*t and beer farts... we have it all north of the Cheddar Curtain!`

I heard Vince Lombardi is getting in the BWRC ride...

Spike 188
08-03-2017, 02:51 PM
jonathan and the rumleys should get back togeather again would be nice to see that

chupp n bloomer fan
08-03-2017, 03:13 PM
I hope JD has good luck in the 22 car. Shame the BW car never became consistent.

Of course he'll never have a 2015 season again. Without scouring over stats, I too think it's probably the best season ever. Though Bloomer or Moyer, may have had one comparable. If he gets Rumley back that'd be even better. We shall see. A Rocket car and Cornett power, a winning combo. Good luck to JD.

W2Racing09
08-03-2017, 03:20 PM
All of the people in this thread (and on the entire internet in general) saying anything negative about JD are ignorant. He is a wheel man, he made a bad choice (to go with BWRC over the Weaver team) and he paid the consequences. Drivers like Richards or Bloomquist would struggle to make a BWRC car work well at high profile races. To say he was not at an equipment disadvantage to the Bloomquist/Rocket/Longhorn, etc. chassis would be crazy. I hope he lights it up in GRs car, and hopefully he lands a full time ride in some excellent equipment and gets back out there because he is a great racer, and DLM racing is much better off with him wheeling some good equipment.

Thanks,
Jeff.

zyoung25
08-03-2017, 03:21 PM
Were all talking about Jd, I'm more concerned with where the Wright's will go driver wise. They couldn't make it work at Bowyers after 14, the Owens deal looked promising at first, but ended up being a flop. I'm even surprised this deal with Jd didn't go so well. Barry has been around just s long as anyone, and had success.

What's next for the bwrc guys go next?

dirtdobber45
08-03-2017, 03:29 PM
Were all talking about Jd, I'm more concerned with where the Wright's will go driver wise. They couldn't make it work at Bowyers after 14, the Owens deal looked promising at first, but ended up being a flop. I'm even surprised this deal with Jd didn't go so well. Barry has been around just s long as anyone, and had success. What's next for the bwrc guys go next?Im with ya Z. Barry is a legend in this sport. Hope he gets things worked out.

JabberJaws83
08-03-2017, 03:43 PM
That was my thought as well, where do the Wright's go from here?

zach51
08-03-2017, 03:59 PM
I think Rumley proved that just because you are a legend in the sport doesn't mean that you can or will be relevant again today. A lot has changed in 20-30 years. You either have to be willing to learn or willing to hire somebody that knows how to work all of this new technology. The "legends" aren't stupid, and I don't think that intelligence should be measured by your ability to understand what a computer tells you, but that is just the way it is going.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-03-2017, 04:01 PM
There first thing is to get a motor & then figure out the chassis.

Kwd1253
08-03-2017, 04:05 PM
I work at burger king!

And you still can't get orders right

nuff said
08-03-2017, 04:09 PM
Losing their biggest sponsor and that input of $$ right before the season began had them behind from the beginning.They needed to win and win quickly to get money to go forward and that didn't happen.The car has been very fast at times but never at the finish when it mattered.Just my take on the subject.

dirtdobber45
08-03-2017, 04:16 PM
I believe if they had a different motor they wouldve had some success

zyoung25
08-03-2017, 05:03 PM
I still feel Barry needs to step out and get some help on these cars. It's sad to say, but as one old 4m member would call them, "dem college boys" have kinda came in and taken over. I have nothing against having minds like that in the sport, but ever since Kevin basically rebuilt longhorn on his own, look at what the sport has become. Scott went and got the help of Randy Sweet and his technology, and it was rumored Kevin had his paws in on the xr1s deal. Now if he really did or not, who knows. One thing is for certain, you cannot do the things you done 10 years ago far as developing these cars and stay anywhere near the top. Those are the top 3 selling and winning frames out there now. I think it would f'n awesome if of these old school builders could make something to put a hurting on of those 3, I just don't see it.

Or just do what everyone else does when they get behind. Go have a driver buy one of those and copy it. Barry don't seem like that type of guy though. I'm sure his mind and ideas are right, but just getting the stars lined up is harder than it was back then.

Regardless, I hope we keep seeing cars with bwrc on the spoiler.

#FALSuperman
08-03-2017, 05:23 PM
The 49 has already replaced the 22 on GR's ride. Looking forward to seeing the results this weekend and I'll be in Florence to see it in person next weekend. I'm sure there is a bit of relief from JD. He is excited to get into the XR1 Cornett.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-03-2017, 05:33 PM
The 49 has already replaced the 22 on GR's ride. Looking forward to seeing the results this weekend and I'll be in Florence to see it in person next weekend. I'm sure there is a bit of relief from JD. He is excited to get into the XR1 Cornett.

Dont forget the #6 longhorn rumley power plant

dirtdobber45
08-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Dont forget the #6 longhorn rumley power plantAs usual.... you dont make any sense. Whose driving that car?

dirtdobber45
08-03-2017, 05:50 PM
I still feel Barry needs to step out and get some help on these cars. It's sad to say, but as one old 4m member would call them, "dem college boys" have kinda came in and taken over. I have nothing against having minds like that in the sport, but ever since Kevin basically rebuilt longhorn on his own, look at what the sport has become. Scott went and got the help of Randy Sweet and his technology, and it was rumored Kevin had his paws in on the xr1s deal. Now if he really did or not, who knows. One thing is for certain, you cannot do the things you done 10 years ago far as developing these cars and stay anywhere near the top. Those are the top 3 selling and winning frames out there now. I think it would f'n awesome if of these old school builders could make something to put a hurting on of those 3, I just don't see it.Or just do what everyone else does when they get behind. Go have a driver buy one of those and copy it. Barry don't seem like that type of guy though. I'm sure his mind and ideas are right, but just getting the stars lined up is harder than it was back then.Regardless, I hope we keep seeing cars with bwrc on the spoiler.Again I agree Z. But I dont see him copying someone. Either hes stuck in one gear of technology or its the motor combo (which is what Im guessing).

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-03-2017, 05:58 PM
Again I agree Z. But I dont see him copying someone. Either hes stuck in one gear of technology or its the motor combo (which is what Im guessing).

Motor problem was fixed. They made some adjustments to them.

#FALSuperman
08-03-2017, 06:05 PM
Dont forget the #6 longhorn rumley power plantFor now, it's a Rocket.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-03-2017, 06:12 PM
As usual.... you dont make any sense. Whose driving that car?

You dk do you!

Stay tuned and you will find out!

huskerdirt
08-03-2017, 06:32 PM
Again I agree Z. But I dont see him copying someone. Either hes stuck in one gear of technology or its the motor combo (which is what Im guessing).

Hatfield has a piece of crap motor for a late model. They do alright in modifieds. I wouldn't put one in a late model even if it was free. Who knows maybe that's why they were in there to begin with.

#FALSuperman
08-03-2017, 06:41 PM
You dk do you! Stay tuned and you will find out!Be nice to say I told you so, wouldn't it. :D

dirtdobber45
08-03-2017, 08:27 PM
Motor problem was fixed. They made some adjustments to them.
You dk do you! Stay tuned and you will find out!Evidently you have no clue.... as usual. Maybe one of these days you might click your heels together and get out of never never land

dirtdobber45
08-03-2017, 08:28 PM
Hatfield has a piece of crap motor for a late model. They do alright in modifieds. I wouldn't put one in a late model even if it was free. Who knows maybe that's why they were in there to begin with.Thank you for proving my point sir

dirtdobber45
08-03-2017, 08:32 PM
The last thing barry would do is copy someone elses car bc he actually respects other peoples hard work. He also keeps his word. People are only as good as their word....so what's that say about bowyer, Owens and JD?Very true Buckeye

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Evidently you have no clue.... as usual. Maybe one of these days you might click your heels together and get out of never never land

No you have no clue on what I know.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-03-2017, 08:37 PM
Jeff- id like to know your definition of good equipment. you think Scott hasn't sat in that icon and made a few laps and told ole Barry just what he thought about it? how about randy sweet building parts for it himself and sending them test pieces? you realize scott and Barry and randy are all old buddies right? did you forget longhorn replaced JD with mccreadie last year? did you know JD went to Barry asking for this bad choice? did you miss where JD started at the tail of the showme and finished 5th that's pretty high profile since they said they would run local shows and biguns if they wanted to. are blomquist & Richards & shepp tops right now, yea and that can all fall off next week and not come back for months or years. if it does are you gonna saythey have bad equipment and made poor decisions too? of course not because they all have big money and your local area chassis builder behind them so it can't be that to cause it. To be so in the kno on every thing I'm letdown you don't know it takes more than that to make a successful season

Mccreadie did not replace jd in the house car. Jd was never the house car. Justin labonte was the house car.

dirtdobber45
08-03-2017, 08:40 PM
Jeff.... do you really believe Scott would struggle in a BWRC?

a25rjr
08-03-2017, 09:01 PM
ok....this topic isn't up for discussion again. Yeah justin might have had the title but did you see him racing? No cause jd got the red headed stepchild housecar award instead

x 2! ^^^^^^

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-03-2017, 09:02 PM
ok....this topic isn't up for discussion again. yeah Justin might have had the title but did you see him racing? no cause JD got the red headed stepchild Housecar award instead

Sure did see him race. Jds car was owned by the rumleys not longhorn

Not up for further discussion cuz that is facts. Call longhorn and find out

a25rjr
08-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Sure did see him race. Jds car was owned by the rumleys

Yeah, but how much did they pay.....$1 ?

Illtsate32
08-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Who thinks JD will be in the 6 car for the world??? By the looks of Rumleys twitter its gonna be there...

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Who thinks JD will be in the 6 car for the world???

Very good posibility

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-03-2017, 09:08 PM
Yeah, but how much did they pay.....$1 ?

Kevin worked for longhorn but his car was not the house car. You know it cuz u been around racing long enough you are just agreeing w buckeye just to not agree w me which idc but facts are facts.

Barbecueboy
08-03-2017, 09:23 PM
ok....this topic isn't up for discussion again. yeah Justin might have had the title but did you see him racing? no cause JD got the red headed stepchild Housecar award instead

Actually , yes.....I did see Justin racing.

If memory serves, the rumleys owned the 6 car that jd drove and Kevin worked for longhorn ......I'm probably mistaken though.

Escobar
08-03-2017, 09:33 PM
The last thing barry would do is copy someone elses car bc he actually respects other peoples hard work. He also keeps his word. People are only as good as their word....so what's that say about bowyer, Owens and JD?

You should tell us what that says about Clint, Jimmy and Jonathan. Seeing as how you're the president of the Barry Wright fan club.

a25rjr
08-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Kevin worked for longhorn but his car was not the house car. You know it cuz u been around racing long enough you are just agreeing w buckeye just to not agree w me which idc but facts are facts.

Forrest....I know technically, Justin was the housecar. But with his lack of racing experience, he wouldn't have been able to give regional or national drivers much help on setups!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-03-2017, 10:16 PM
Actually , yes.....I did see Justin racing.

If memory serves, the rumleys owned the 6 car that jd drove and Kevin worked for longhorn ......I'm probably mistaken though.

No bbq you are exactly right.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-03-2017, 10:22 PM
Forrest....I know technically, Justin was the housecar. But with his lack of racing experience, he wouldn't have been able to give regional or national drivers much help on setups!

Thats not the point the point is he was the house car and now hes the person you talk to on ordering a longhorn.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-04-2017, 06:11 AM
Kevin worked for longhorn but his car was not the house car. You know it cuz u been around racing long enough you are just agreeing w buckeye just to not agree w me which idc but facts are facts.While I know you are correct, let's face it, Longhorns were nothing before Kevin. Poor Earl put up with them sleds for too long. Kevin's car may not have been titled the house car, but for all intensive purposes it was. No one sure as he!! was taking tech support from Justin Labonte over Kevin and JD.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-04-2017, 08:13 AM
While I know you are correct, let's face it, Longhorns were nothing before Kevin. Poor Earl put up with them sleds for too long. Kevin's car may not have been titled the house car, but for all intensive purposes it was. No one sure as he!! was taking tech support from Justin Labonte over Kevin and JD.

Yes kevin righted that ship. Idk how much info they were getting from rumleys as Im sure they did.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-04-2017, 08:50 AM
Just because a car is the fastest, doesn't mean it is the house car. Was Kevin answering the phone when Vic Hill called Longhorn?

Chadly329
08-04-2017, 09:31 AM
Superman's new ride...It's definitely official now.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-04-2017, 09:55 AM
Superman's new ride...It's definitely official now.

No image to view

Josh Bayko
08-04-2017, 10:04 AM
No image to view

If it's the image from Twitter, it's just GR Smith's car with a JD's signature 49 laid over the 22.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Ok thats just for this wknd. He'll be in others for remainder of 2017

Josh Bayko
08-04-2017, 10:26 AM
Ok thats just for this wknd. He'll be in others for remainder of 2017

I think the deal with GR is supposed to go through the North South as long as the equipment stays together. I saw what Kevin Rumley posted yesterday. The checklist mentions a door plate and UMP 20s. I know Kevin likes to troll, but I could totally see them putting the band back together for the World.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-04-2017, 10:32 AM
I think the deal with GR is supposed to go through the North South as long as the equipment stays together. I saw what Kevin Rumley posted yesterday. The checklist mentions a door plate and UMP 20s. I know Kevin likes to troll, but I could totally see them putting the band back together for the World.

Very very good posibility unless gr's car is on a hott streak

dirtcrazy4u
08-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Why in the hell would the Rumley's let the 6 car sit for the world ? Labonte's got help from Rumley and JD both, can you blame them ? NO. JD went with the ICON because everyone said , all you trolls, that he had a hand in the design of the car. Great, but BW owned it and if it was going to sit for a couple weeks I'm sure that did not sit well with JD and he said I'm out of here. He's a racer, he wants to be on track, you learn when your on track, not sitting at home on twitter. Let's see how fast Barry puts someone in that seat. Personally, I don't believe he will.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-04-2017, 10:56 AM
Why in the hell would the Rumley's let the 6 car sit for the world ? Labonte's got help from Rumley and JD both, can you blame them ? NO. JD went with the ICON because everyone said , all you trolls, that he had a hand in the design of the car. Great, but BW owned it and if it was going to sit for a couple weeks I'm sure that did not sit well with JD and he said I'm out of here. He's a racer, he wants to be on track, you learn when your on track, not sitting at home on twitter. Let's see how fast Barry puts someone in that seat. Personally, I don't believe he will.

Bw not going no place w/o a motor

#FALSuperman
08-04-2017, 12:05 PM
Bw not going no place w/o a motorThat Hatfield is terrible....it's not bad for crates. JD had to cancel 4 major races he had on his schedule this year. On 2 occasions he sat for nearly a month at a time between races. BW was just not pro-active with this new colaboration. I can't blame JD at all for making the decision to move on.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-04-2017, 12:18 PM
That Hatfield is terrible....it's not bad for crates. JD had to cancel 4 major races he had on his schedule this year. On 2 occasions he sat for nearly a month at a time between races. BW was just not pro-active with this new colaboration. I can't blame JD at all for making the decision to move on.

Jd finally did get the go cart motor to run to his liking so to speak. Carb and cam issues i tbink

Highwayman
08-04-2017, 12:24 PM
We all thought he was done when he went to the 6 car too didn't we? Sheesh.

Bobby Pierce is probably thinking "Thank God, JD news" lol.
I never thought the move to the #6 was a bad idea, but I guess you have to be from the area.

All of the people in this thread (and on the entire internet in general) saying anything negative about JD are ignorant. He is a wheel man, he made a bad choice (to go with BWRC over the Weaver team) and he paid the consequences. Drivers like Richards or Bloomquist would struggle to make a BWRC car work well at high profile races. To say he was not at an equipment disadvantage to the Bloomquist/Rocket/Longhorn, etc. chassis would be crazy. I hope he lights it up in GRs car, and hopefully he lands a full time ride in some excellent equipment and gets back out there because he is a great racer, and DLM racing is much better off with him wheeling some good equipment.

Thanks,
Jeff.I disagree on your whole argument. It was NOT a bad choice to go with BWRC, Barry builds a fine car. What went wrong was the sponsor that bailed at last minute and then they ended having to go with an unproven powerplant while simultaneously trying to R&D a new chassis design. Sure the Weaver team was "Plug n' Play", but BWRC was where he WANTED to go and with good reason, they've had a lot of success and have a good relationship. They did struggle with the car early, but as of late they had good speed and were up front leading races, just had lots bad luck too. There last time out with the super they were fast, but blew and engine and then KO'd the backup car in the same night. I firmly believe had the sponsorship money been there the way it was promised when the deal was struck we wouldn't be having this conversation. They could've focused on the car alone, ran the Clements Power they were use to and that's practically next door to BWRC. I wish JD the best of luck, he is a wheelman regardless of the car he sits in, but the circumstances were at fault, not the car, the driver or the crew chief. Hate to see him in a Rocket though, but their Longhorn copy should do well for him.

DO IT THE WRIGHT WAY !!!

chupp n bloomer fan
08-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Just because a car is the fastest, doesn't mean it is the house car. Was Kevin answering the phone when Vic Hill called Longhorn?Who made Longhorns a chassis that anyone other than EPJ drove?

A little common sense would tell you no, he's out on the road racing, selling Longhorns. Before Kevin, trash, after Kevin, darn near Rocket sales I'd guess.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-04-2017, 01:06 PM
Who made Longhorns a chassis that anyone other than EPJ drove?

A little common sense would tell you no, he's out on the road racing, selling Longhorns. Before Kevin, trash, after Kevin, darn near Rocket sales I'd guess.

They hired Kevin to fix the car. He did. Agreed.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-04-2017, 01:14 PM
I never thought the move to the #6 was a bad idea, but I guess you have to be from the area.

I disagree on your whole argument. It was NOT a bad choice to go with BWRC, Barry builds a fine car. What went wrong was the sponsor that bailed at last minute and then they ended having to go with an unproven powerplant while simultaneously trying to R&D a new chassis design. Sure the Weaver team was "Plug n' Play", but BWRC was where he WANTED to go and with good reason, they've had a lot of success and have a good relationship. They did struggle with the car early, but as of late they had good speed and were up front leading races, just had lots bad luck too. There last time out with the super they were fast, but blew and engine and then KO'd the backup car in the same night. I firmly believe had the sponsorship money been there the way it was promised when the deal was struck we wouldn't be having this conversation. They could've focused on the car alone, ran the Clements Power they were use to and that's practically next door to BWRC. I wish JD the best of luck, he is a wheelman regardless of the car he sits in, but the circumstances were at fault, not the car, the driver or the crew chief. Hate to see him in a Rocket though, but their Longhorn copy should do well for him.

DO IT THE WRIGHT WAY !!!I agree with everything you said about Barry and JD.

Yes, we all know you dislike Rocket for whatever reason, but you do realize Longhorn paid Kevin to make their Ski-Doo's actually drive? And that's 100% fact.

All the speculation that he helped Rocket is just that. Until someone gets Kevin or Mark to say yeah I helped design the XR1, it just BS. And even if he did, guess what, no different than what Longhorn did to be able to actually sell cars.

You own a business, your job is to make money and a product that your customers are satisfied with. I'd say they are pretty satisfied with Rockets right now. The so called copies are leading WoO and Lucas points. If they are just a copy, they cannot be as a good as the original, and therefore should be getting smoked in both series by TMac and Madden.

a25rjr
08-04-2017, 02:53 PM
I agree with everything you said about Barry and JD.

Yes, we all know you dislike Rocket for whatever reason, but you do realize Longhorn paid Kevin to make their Ski-Doo's actually drive? And that's 100% fact.

All the speculation that he helped Rocket is just that. Until someone gets Kevin or Mark to say yeah I helped design the XR1, it just BS. And even if he did, guess what, no different than what Longhorn did to be able to actually sell cars.

You own a business, your job is to make money and a product that your customers are satisfied with. I'd say they are pretty satisfied with Rockets right now. The so called copies are leading WoO and Lucas points. If they are just a copy, they cannot be as a good as the original, and therefore should be getting smoked in both series by TMac and Madden.

In a dod article, Mark admitted he had hired Kevin for some consulting work.

dirtcrazy4u
08-04-2017, 06:16 PM
First and foremost. Mark Richards , Steve Baker are not 2 dummies. They have pushed the change in chassis development like no other. I DO NOT KNOW. How many chassis changes thru blue, black, orange and on and on. Baker ran for how many years at ppms. Big,fast 1/2 mile. Where they learned what the car wanted. Mark currently has 2 house cars out there and he wants both of those titles. Right now I think longhorn, rocket and club 29 have the biggest presence on a race to race basis.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-04-2017, 06:21 PM
When your leading both national series w your cars chassis thats saying something right there. Idc who you are.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-04-2017, 06:34 PM
In a dod article, Mark admitted he had hired Kevin for some consulting work.Show me the article.

a25rjr
08-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Show me the article.

It wasn't on the main page, but I believe it was on the Dirtwire section.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-04-2017, 07:36 PM
It wasn't on the main page, but I believe it was on the Dirtwire section.I've heard it too, from supposed good connections in the know. Who have driven Rockets their whole career, but I've never heard the three individuals whom this concerns say it. Nor have I seen it in print.

Barbecueboy
08-05-2017, 08:58 AM
The chassis debate is no different than the classic ford v Chevy argument........people are going to like what they like.

fastford
08-05-2017, 11:10 AM
The chassis debate is no different than the classic ford v Chevy argument........people are going to like what they like.

this is true BBQ , and for the coping issue, i dont think any builder copies some ones design tube for tube and bend for bend , most look at other chassis and see ideas they can incorporate into there existing design , its been that way from the beginning.......

Hoosier_Dirt
08-05-2017, 12:30 PM
I dont think you'll see the Rumley car at any track this season.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-05-2017, 01:10 PM

Oh yes you will. They working on it as we post

Highwayman
08-05-2017, 03:27 PM

He had it on the "Pull-down" rig this week, so....
https://twitter.com/k_rumley

chupp n bloomer fan
08-05-2017, 04:13 PM
What the hell does a block of cheese replicate? ?? that and case of beer a good timeWell, Wisconsin is famous for cheese, and the Green Bay area has a packing district, so there's that.

goincircles
08-05-2017, 06:11 PM

Plain and simple he was and is over rated had he not tore the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) car up every single race Rumley wouldn't have pulled out

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-05-2017, 06:26 PM
Plain and simple he was and is over rated had he not tore the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) car up every single race Rumley wouldn't have pulled out

Since you know it all rumley didnt pull out cuz of your hogwash reasoning. Thats a fact! You will see mark my words!

Kwd1253
08-05-2017, 06:37 PM

Every race  you full of your self.. there was lot races he rode the hub and middle of the track while him rumley was together. You blame JD for him split. Then who driving in Rumley car right now? Why does rumley still have jd's # 49 under the 6? Since you know every thing about the split. 

blncfn57
08-06-2017, 11:39 PM

You're kidding right? Rumley constantly talked about the costs of running the series, even while having a historic season. I was surprised to see them even run in 2016.

zach51
08-07-2017, 08:43 AM
Won half a million dollars and the car owner pulled out because of a few bent spoilers? Please. They all look good in victory lane, even with the spoiler and door hanging off. He didn't tear up near as much as Pierce does, but same thing there. I'm sure they don't mind doing body work when he is running up front.

Highwayman
08-07-2017, 08:56 AM
Won half a million dollars and the car owner pulled out because of a few bent spoilers? Please. They all look good in victory lane, even with the spoiler and door hanging off. He didn't tear up near as much as Pierce does, but same thing there. I'm sure they don't mind doing body work when he is running up front.

Exactly, not sure why Booby even puts a quarter on the RR. GoinBezerk always overlooks the fact that Rumley himself said he felt like the series turned on them and singled them out for extra scrutiny. Add to that their main sponsor pulled out and that he never intended to be a full-time touring team. They had a goal, they accomplished it in 2015 by crushing everyone, ran 2nd in 2016 and quit, mission accomplished. Next chapter.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-07-2017, 09:07 AM
Exactly, not sure why Booby even puts a quarter on the RR. GoinBezerk always overlooks the fact that Rumley himself said he felt like the series turned on them and singled them out for extra scrutiny. Add to that their main sponsor pulled out and that he never intended to be a full-time touring team. They had a goal, they accomplished it in 2015 by crushing everyone, ran 2nd in 2016 and quit, mission accomplished. Next chapter.

Exactlly^^^^Amen

nuff said
08-07-2017, 09:15 AM
He tore up so much stuff Rumley stayed with him 3 years this last time.He also drove a little for Rumley once before that.

ClampedUp
08-07-2017, 10:48 AM

Felt like the series turned on him and singled them out for extra scrutiny??
Well i'm not a big Bloomquist fan but you want to talk about series turning on someone and being singled out for extra scrutiny Bloomquist could write an on going set of books on that starting clean back to the Hav-A-Tampa days.
Thing is it motivates him and he always comes back stronger making them look like fools.

blncfn57
08-07-2017, 11:05 AM
Well i'm not a big Bloomquist fan but you want to talk about series turning on someone and being singled out for extra scrutiny Bloomquist could write an on going set of books on that starting clean back to the Hav-A-Tampa days.
Thing is it motivates him and he always comes back stronger making them look like fools.

He's also one of the babies that couldn't figure out Rumley's deal and cried to lucas about it.

dirtdobber45
08-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Felt like the series turned on him and singled them out for extra scrutiny??Well i'm not a big Bloomquist fan but you want to talk about series turning on someone and being singled out for extra scrutiny Bloomquist could write an on going set of books on that starting clean back to the Hav-A-Tampa days.Thing is it motivates him and he always comes back stronger making them look like fools.Amen bro keep preaching the FACTS

dirtdobber45
08-07-2017, 11:33 AM
He's also one of the babies that couldn't figure out Rumley's deal and cried to lucas about it.Another clueless one... lmao

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-07-2017, 11:41 AM
He's also one of the babies that couldn't figure out Rumley's deal and cried to lucas about it.

And a nascar dr's team also cryed..oops sorry

Then they have rumley working for them first of this yr.

dirtdobber45
08-07-2017, 11:45 AM
And a nascar dr's team also cryed..oops sorryThen they have rumley working for them first of this yr.You both just proved the point that has been made and you two are clueless about... it was RUMLEY that made that car run not JD. Anyone couldve gotten in that car and did the same thing JD did. Class over!!!!

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-07-2017, 11:48 AM
You both just proved the point that has been made and you two are clueless about... it was RUMLEY that made that car run not JD. Anyone couldve gotten in that car and did the same thing JD did. Class over!!!!

Anybody? No, not really

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-07-2017, 11:50 AM

Nah. Not really. 2015 was the year the whole thought process concerning rules changed. They completely rewrote the rule book.

Bloomer hasn't experienced anything like that.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-07-2017, 11:55 AM
He's also one of the babies that couldn't figure out Rumley's deal and cried to lucas about it.It's been done to him a lot, so this time it was his turn. I don't doubt one bit he didn't say something. I'd imagine you had the majority of Lucas drivers b!tching, as well as the WoO. He was also about the only one who was in JD's zip code.

Since you went there, don't ya think we have seen how much it helped? The thing people downplayed so much. And I don't dislike JD and think he is a dang good driver. But I can't say I wouldn't have b!tched to if I wasn't put in that same position.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Nah. Not really. 2015 was the year the whole thought process concerning rules changed. They completely rewrote the rule book.

Bloomer hasn't experienced anything like that.They haven't changed multiple things over the years because he's caught on to something?

I agree they did a serious overhaul, because they got caught with their panties down. And Rumley stuck it to them. And they had to try and not leave near as many gray areas. I know you don't agree with the rule changes they made, but personally, they need more of some sort. And not ones purely said to save money, because that never pans out.

And of course they singled out Kevin. Because when they were made to look like fools, they got butt hurt.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-07-2017, 12:02 PM
They haven't changed multiple things over the years because he's caught on to something?

I agree they did a serious overhaul, because they got caught with their panties down. And Rumley stuck it to them. And they had to try and not leave near as many gray areas. I know you don't agree with the rule changes they made, but personally, they need more of some sort. And not ones purely said to save money, because that never pans out.

And of course they singled out Kevin. Because when they were made to look like fools, they got butt hurt.

I can think of very few instances where rules changed because of Bloomquist's performance. And not once, was it something he build with his own hands using common tools.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-07-2017, 12:08 PM
All they have now is a rulebook too massive to enforce. Too few people with the knowledge to enforce it. And, they have proven unwilling to enforce it in the instances it has been challenged by teams, to this point.

blncfn57
08-07-2017, 12:09 PM
I can think of very few instances where rules changed because of Bloomquist's performance. And not once, was it something he build with his own hands using common tools.

Well said.