PDA

View Full Version : Did it rain at Midway?

non driving fool
08-07-2017, 03:41 PM
The weather report showed no measurable rainfall until this morning. Was this just a bogus deal?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-07-2017, 04:01 PM
Light sprinkles and they called it cuz jd showed up

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-07-2017, 04:29 PM
The weather report showed no measurable rainfall until this morning. Was this just a bogus deal?

It was 100% bogus.

t3r3e3
08-07-2017, 04:58 PM
It was 100% bogus.

I live about 25 miles from the track. We got about 5 minutes worth of sprinkles all day. No rain from noon to midnight.

#FALSuperman
08-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Yes, and the promoter of the track deleted all the negative backlash left by people on his and Midway's FB page.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Yes, and the promoter of the track deleted all the negative backlash left by people on his and Midway's FB page.

They got on FB and flat out lied about how it was raining and wouldn't stop.

Clayton_Wetter
08-07-2017, 08:16 PM
Fakebook seems to be one poor place for freedom of speech. Censorship rules.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-07-2017, 08:35 PM
fakebook seems to be one poor place for freedom of speech. Censorship rules.

cw book is better

non driving fool
08-09-2017, 07:54 AM
This is really disappointing because we used to make the 1:45 drive to Midway every fri night. All the posts were taken off their page so nobody could see them and the page said announcement coming tomorrow(Monday) , now it says by the end of the week! It is a difficult thing to be critical of tracks because we want them all to stay open but it is even more difficult to drive that far , pay $30 apiece to get in then see the race canceled due to rain that wasn't there -- then no refunds! The most important thing a promoter can have is personal integrity and the respect of the people that attend his events. This seems the be the problem right now.

Pennsboro23
08-09-2017, 08:05 AM
This is really disappointing because we used to make the 1:45 drive to Midway every fri night. All the posts were taken off their page so nobody could see them and the page said announcement coming tomorrow(Monday) , now it says by the end of the week! It is a difficult thing to be critical of tracks because we want them all to stay open but it is even more difficult to drive that far , pay $30 apiece to get in then see the race canceled due to rain that wasn't there -- then no refunds! The most important thing a promoter can have is personal integrity and the respect of the people that attend his events. This seems the be the problem right now.

I think that particular promoters biggest down fall is he gets on his own personal social media page and responds to everyone who disagrees with his promoting decisions. He's constantly talking about how he's done with racing, and how the fans know nothing about what it takes to promote. It gets old quick.

Highside Hustler25
08-09-2017, 09:02 AM

At what time was the race cancelled? Did they take gate $ and then cancel without a lap being turned and then gave no refund? If that's the actual case, then they should just lock the gate. Shut er down. That's totally wrong. Anyone that paid should get a refund.
I will say, I never fault a promoter for canceling a show due to weather. I may not like it, but it's not my lively hood at stake. Takes a lot of work and $$$ to put these shows on.
Social media and the facebook thing is not helping racing. It's hurting it. Nothing but negativity.

a25rjr
08-09-2017, 07:44 PM
What do yall expect.....its in CROOKSville! :)