PDA

View Full Version : Car Falls off after 5-7 laps

Bluwatr1
08-07-2017, 04:41 PM
Can someone point me in the right direction ? Our car handles well , drives well and after 5-7 laps anything we gain we loose! 2016 Trackstar w super spec motor. 500Lf - Rf 200wbump225 LR/RR

Matt49
08-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Can someone point me in the right direction ? Our car handles well , drives well and after 5-7 laps anything we gain we loose! 2016 Trackstar w super spec motor. 500Lf - Rf 200wbump225 LR/RR

Assuming the car is still handling pretty well, you're getting beat with tires. And I don't necessarily mean cheating tires.

Bluwatr1
08-08-2017, 07:16 PM
Thanks Matt49 this happens even w new tires ! Start of race, restarts its fast and we can make up ground then goes away.

JustAddDirt
08-08-2017, 09:03 PM
Too soft of compound?

TheJet-09
08-08-2017, 09:22 PM
I have felt plagued by this same issue virtually as long as I have raced, and speaking only for myself, I'm convinced it's just that...me. I believe I get too settled in during a race and don't push it has hard as I can. I say that because often when challenged for position, I seem to find that little extra to either maintain or even advance.

So in my case, probably the hardest thing to fix. I hope it's not the same for you, but as stated, an issue I'm convinced I have.

Bluwatr1
08-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the responses! I guess it's time to tighten up the nutt between the steering wheel and the seat !!!

powerslide
08-08-2017, 11:24 PM
Some guys spin the tires or jam the brakes to get the car to turn from the drop of the green. Ive noticed after 6-7 laps usually they start to slow down. I run mods so our features are usually 20laps

7uptruckracer
08-09-2017, 07:23 AM
Some tires don't like abuse the first couple laps and will do that as well or the driver is masking a handling problem

Bluwatr1
08-09-2017, 10:53 PM
We run 1350-1600 tires. We have checked tire and they looked good no feathering, cupping or chunked up, luckily the driver is easy on tires and don't burn them up !!! Could 3-4 lbs of air pressure build up have anything to do with this?

7uptruckracer
08-10-2017, 07:30 AM
Go soft till he burns one up lol sometimes no wear is just as bad as too much. They might not be firing, groove sipe and buff them go more aggressive until you start to mess one up maybe hes good until theirs fire and his doesn't?

hall99
08-10-2017, 08:01 AM

Is your car tight?

RCJ
08-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Is both r/s tires building the same air pressure?

Bluwatr1
08-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Driver says it's tight in always has been. And No the right side tires build 11/2 on RF and the RR builds 3-4

Basecircle
08-10-2017, 09:23 PM
If it's always tight in, you have to slow down to turn it while everyone else is already back on the throttle, or you're sliding the car and then spinning the tires. Doesn't necessarily explain the fading, but is probably a huge factor in why you're not running the way you want.

billetbirdcage
08-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Fuel burn off, making the already entry tight car even tighter where it loses speed? E-85 or alky?

Tires coming in where it makes the car even tighter thus loses speed?

Bluwatr1
08-11-2017, 07:57 AM
Fuel burn off, making the already entry tight car even tighter where it loses speed? E-85 or alky?Tires coming in where it makes the car even tighter thus loses speed?We run 112 gas now that's what motor was set up on when bought .

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-11-2017, 09:17 AM
It isn't unusual for tight entry cars to be fast at first. They build RR heat faster than the other cars and start working quicker. Then, the RR overheats and they fall like a rock.

Kromulous
08-11-2017, 09:23 AM
Tight entry, and 3 to 4 lbs build up on RR. I would say he is throttle steering the car on entry to much, and once that RR increases it begins to make the car loose off, added stagger, hotter tire etc. Throttle loose, more gas, more it comes around.

Loosen entry, softer RR spring, more RR lower bar angle, more LR lower bar angle or LR spring stiffer, something along that line. He needs to be able to turn the car in and not have to throttle monkey it with the RR.

hall99
08-11-2017, 09:36 AM
You've got a good car but you probably need to make some spring changes, not sure what shock package you are on but Jamie's is pretty good. Get that tight condition out of the car and you see some major changes through the race. Several other factors as well but like everyone here has said that tight car is gonna take off good and fall after a few laps.

Bluwatr1
08-11-2017, 10:20 AM
Thank you to everyone that has replied ! I have a direction to go in now !!!!

Highwayman
08-14-2017, 10:47 AM
Thanks Matt49 this happens even w new tires ! Start of race, restarts its fast and we can make up ground then goes away.

Have you done any tire temp readings to see what you've got? Might indicate a flaw in the setup. Many, many people make the mistake of adjusting into a, "Jack Rabbit" setup that comes on quick, but within a few laps they fade because the setup wasn't really balanced like they thought. Kinda like trying to race your qualifying setup, won't work for long. Its also true that the driver may be getting fatigued if he/she is older or out of shape. The newer cars/setups demand to be driven hard in order to work right, so if the driver is getting winded, might not be able to push as hard... Another possibility is concentration, some drivers are great qualifiers, but after a few laps can't find their rhythm. Do laps time just gradually decline off or do they go all over the place? If the times are erratic may be a concentration issue. Just some thoughts to consider.

Bluwatr1
08-16-2017, 04:52 PM
Highwayman, driver is young and we never qualify good. The last two week we have be better in qualifying, and in race mode. We found rear 4 bars were in a bind at full drop. From that we made better runs last two weeks !!!! The adjustments we made was felt by driver and in the stance of the car was seen.

grt74
08-16-2017, 06:16 PM
It isn't unusual for tight entry cars to be fast at first. They build RR heat faster than the other cars and start working quicker. Then, the RR overheats and they fall like a rock.

ill have to agree with masters on this one
i still get greedy even today and have to remember not to over tighten the car, ive lost 3 races this year being greedy(started on the pole), while a tight car does feel better to me its not fast consistently lap after lap (we have tested this) you shouldn't have to force the car into the corner, if your dragging the brakes fine but if your having to jab at them to get it to turn, its to tight