PDA

View Full Version : Any World 100 do's and dont's?

dirt junkie
08-07-2017, 08:18 PM
Headed there for the first time next month. Camping Thursday-Sunday in the Northside lot. Our seats for Saturday are second to top row of section NI, middle of turns three and four. Plan to get pit passes and general admission tickets for Thursday and Friday.

Really fired up about making the trip, been on my bucket list since I started following DLM's. Anyone have any tips for a rookie? Wanna make the most of the trip. Thanks

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Dont throw a screwdriver on track when A main is running

Do watch davenport go like hell

Have fun and enjoy the race. Safe travels

zyoung25
08-07-2017, 08:40 PM
The atmosphere isn't like any race I attend all year, some will say it's not what it was years ago when Earl had it, and I'll agree to that. Its still enough to make the hair stand up on your neck when that first heat hits the track on Saturday night.

If you're going to get pit passes for Saturday, I highly recommend ya go stand by the infield fence in turn 3. It gives ya real sense of the speed they carry around that place. I always make it a point to make a stroll down pit row when all the cars are waiting to hit the track before their heats as well. The sights, the ground shaking, and the smell of burnt race fuel is just simply awesome.

Hope ya go and have fun!

Clayton_Wetter
08-07-2017, 08:44 PM
Do throw a screwdriver on track when A main is running

Don't watch davenport go like hell

There I fixed your post!!! :)

CIRF
08-07-2017, 09:04 PM
Headed there for the first time next month. Camping Thursday-Sunday in the Northside lot. Our seats for Saturday are second to top row of section NI, middle of turns three and four. Plan to get pit passes and general admission tickets for Thursday and Friday.

Really fired up about making the trip, been on my bucket list since I started following DLM's. Anyone have any tips for a rookie? Wanna make the most of the trip. Thanks

Secure anything and everything that you don't want to be stolen. Secure it the best and heaviest way you can. There are thieves among you and they look and act just like average dirt late model race fans.

The Darke County Sheriff's deputies are extremely indifferent to items being stolen. They seem to take golf cart rules and keeping people from bringing beer into the grandstands much more seriously than they are about apprehending the thieves and retrieval of a $2,000.00 generator or golf cart.

Have fun and good luck!!

blncfn57
08-07-2017, 09:12 PM

tip #5: If you go and cheer for anyone other than the almighty bloomer, don't discuss it on here. You will automatically be labeled as a know- nothing.

Clayton_Wetter
08-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Don't bring no beach balls!!!

blncfn57
08-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Don't bring no beach balls!!!

+1........

CIRF
08-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Don't bring no beach balls!!!........+2

champion24
08-07-2017, 09:30 PM
Move all around Thurs night to see the action from different places. It's less crowded & easy to do. A pizza burger or 8! All food is good. CIRF, they even stopped me to check me leaving the track at the end of the night. 100s of us rushing out and they about tackled an old guy, trying to get to me! You'll hear plenty about it's not what it used to be, but soak in everything you can. It's great!

Shiny Side Up 18
08-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Hot pepper cheese balls. Do it.

Bloomerdirtking
08-07-2017, 10:01 PM
Chicken wings from the concession stand and Yuengling's from the main bar!!

superstock79
08-07-2017, 10:24 PM
As said earlier, if u do not go stand against the inside wall n turn 3, u missed one of the coolest opportunities n all of dirt track racing! Def hit the cheese balls, def hit up the bowman fry stand out by the fan zone but do it early, later n the night there is a half mile line! Definitely stay in speedy camping, north side is lame... just saying.... and not sure when u r going up, but if u can, it is definitely cool to go down in the infield and stand on top of the medical center at 9 am thursday morning and watch all the haulers roll into positions! I do it every year and wouldn't miss it, the world is a great event!

jensenracing18
08-08-2017, 06:21 AM
Enjoy and take it all in.. been going twice a year for 15+ years and still get chills when the first heat hits the track on Saturday... steak on a stick, farmer browns, crown and coke, toilet water, Yuengling, pizza burgers, wings, cant go wrong with any of it! catch some qualifying or heats from the infield you wont be disappointed

HoosierDirtFan
08-08-2017, 07:08 AM
Like the othe guy said stand in turn 3 or one of the other turns. Pretty much all the food is good and cheapest of any track I know of. There is a full Bar behind the main grandstands towards the turn 4 side. There really isn't a bad seat in the place. Take a camera with you. Pit passes for Saturday is only like $3 more the a grandstand seat.

Trax53
08-08-2017, 11:07 AM
Bring Safety glasses/goggles

which is a given....at any DIRT track!

I've been going to the World consistently since 2014. I always wanted to until then. Now its an annual tradition! I travel 9 hours to be there. Its really my highlight of the year to get to Eldora. I plan to go as long as I live!!

See ya there!

bullring
08-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Bring beer goggles!

Beer goggles can be obtained at the track at a rate of $10 per six pack.

Barbecueboy
08-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Make sure all the lead weight is bolted on properly.

Bloomerdirtking
08-08-2017, 01:33 PM
U gotta love the big billboard over the ticket entry, "Eldora home of the $2 beer"

Clayton_Wetter
08-08-2017, 06:38 PM
http://s3.india.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Pisner-beer.jpg

Clayton_Wetter
08-08-2017, 06:40 PM
http://growinginspired.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/nutrient-breakdown-of-urine.jpg

gumby_32d
08-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Don't....drink too much, you may end up bringing a whale back to your camper.. other than that enjoy! It's a blast

golddirt
08-08-2017, 10:35 PM
Bring six beach balls!

dirt crow
08-09-2017, 08:24 AM
This year will be my 28th 9 plus hr drive to the Big E. 27th World and the Eldora Million. My advice has to do with the weather. I have burned up and I've froze to death. Pack for all types of weather. ...Enjoy.

Pennsboro23
08-09-2017, 08:40 AM
This year will be my 28th 9 plus hr drive to the Big E. 27th World and the Eldora Million. My advice has to do with the weather. I have burned up and I've froze to death. Pack for all types of weather. ...Enjoy.

Couldn't agree more. It's been a couple years ago, but the last time they raced during the day for a makeup portion for the world I froze and burnt up every 10 mins its changed.

Bob Hubbard
08-09-2017, 09:00 AM
I would buy a really good pair of goggles ....The dust in the mains are very bad .... You wont be able to see w/o them ...

Highside Hustler25
08-09-2017, 09:09 AM
I would buy a really good pair of goggles ....The dust in the mains are very bad .... You wont be able to see w/o them ...

I haven't skied in ages, but still have my Scott's ski goggles just for that. Funny thing is, the only time I use them is at Eldora and I frequent around 12-15 tracks a year. You just learn to accept it @ the Big E.
I can remember dust always being bad years ago but a lot of the tracks have gotten much better when it comes to dust.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-09-2017, 09:11 AM
I haven't skied in ages, but still have my Scott's ski goggles just for that. Funny thing is, the only time I use them is at Eldora and I frequent around 12-15 tracks a year. You just learn to accept it @ the Big E.
I can remember dust always being bad years ago but a lot of the tracks have gotten much better when it comes to dust.

Whats a lil xtra seasoning for ur frys going to hurt lol

Highside Hustler25
08-09-2017, 09:29 AM
Whats a lil xtra seasoning for ur frys going to hurt lol

For my eyes, not my fries ya dingleberry:)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-09-2017, 09:36 AM
For my eyes, not my fries ya dingleberry:)

Ik what you meant. I was just saying

brsteg
08-09-2017, 10:12 AM
I would suggest getting a reserved seat for Friday unless you just want to sit in the GA area. Thursday is usually pretty open but Friday fills up pretty nicely.

superstock79
08-09-2017, 01:21 PM
Forgot a couple DO'S
1: IF u r gonna be there for a couple days. Make the short trip straight down 118 and get u a pizza and breadstick from Whistle Stop!
2: TAKE A GOLF CART to see the most of the whole place! North side is the smallest campground there but dont limit yourself, get over across the highway and check out the others.... we have stayed at ALL of them and Speedy is by a looooong shot the best one....

ptown
08-09-2017, 10:03 PM
Must do... Smoke a lot of weed!

Must don't do... Do not drink the bong water!!

You gonna bring your 4m banner and stand there all by yourself like you did at Fairbury?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-09-2017, 10:05 PM
You gonna bring your 4m banner and stand there all by yourself like you did at Fairbury?

No his son litey will be with him

Barbecueboy
08-10-2017, 07:51 AM
R U CAUSING TROUBLE AGAIN, Chef Ramsay ?

That's chef rumley to you sir🤘

Josh Bayko
08-10-2017, 07:57 AM
Do: Have fun.
Don't: Be an As$hole.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-10-2017, 08:07 AM
That's chef rumley to you sir落

I like that. Thats funny right there.

Bloomerdirtking
08-10-2017, 08:28 AM
Stop in at Maid-Rites in Greenville if ya got the chance. Enjoy a unique steamed loose meat sandwich, you will be hooked!! And don't forget to stick your chewing gum on the outside wall, lol

Mod22
08-10-2017, 11:25 AM
My take is this: you're going to have people tell you this and tell you that. Here's my $.02......Go enjoy yourself, let everything sink in, take a walk around on both sides of the highway and check out all the sites and sounds. Take pictures, they last a lifetime. I've been to every World since 1989 and to me, there's nothing else like it. ENJOY YOURSELF!!

CIRF
08-10-2017, 11:58 AM
I got ya' beat by 5 years, Mod. First year at the World was 1984 and we got to see Jeff Purvis win his 1st of 2 World's. Got to see bloomy win his first 3. Watched the Boggs boys win it along with Steve Francis and Donnie Moran. Our group of 8 people in 3 campers stopped going 10 years ago for reasons stated in post #5. The first time at the World is overwhelming! Even back in '84 it was incredible. Drink in (no pun intended) as much as you can because your first time there only happens once.

I've only been to 3 other dirt track events that surpass The World Hundred for excitement, significance and relevance and one of those 3 no longer exists. Those 3 are The Chili Bowl, The Knoxville Sprint Nationals and the Western World Championships when it was held at Manzanita Speedway. No other dirt events I've ever attended comes close to those 4.

While you're at Eldora for the World don't miss anything if you can help it. Just be sure to take precautions with your stuff.

Clayton_Wetter
08-10-2017, 03:40 PM
Don't stand on top of a motor home naked with a beer in your hand!! (Ran into that two years in a row a long time back)

Do shoot the speakers out with a shotgun!!! :)

dirt junkie
08-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. It'll be my first vacation away from work in almost 12 months. Plan to drink for the better part of 72 hours. Really looking forward to the trip.

And for you Blackie, how dare you curse me that way😆😆 No Bobby bunch around my house. Anybody but Bobby is more like it!! They lost me with that hideous t-shirt

chilimac
08-11-2017, 08:29 PM
Toilet water and Texas Tenderloin are a must along with standing in turn 1 or 3 during hot laps. A cheap poncho and safety glasses will make your life better in the turns.

RiffRaf67
08-16-2017, 02:04 PM
As mentioned, Do goto the pits for the turn 3 view of them coming down the backstretch and diving into the corner.
Don't do it after qualifying or you are liable to miss some of the heats/consi/feature action just from the 20 minute walk back around to the main grandstands (my rookie Eldora mistake, thinkin "I'll just go down to the pits real quick before this Bmain" - missed it)

Kwd1253
08-16-2017, 02:14 PM
Do throw a screwdriver on track when A main is running on last 5 laps, so Scott get a flat.

Do watch davenport and tmac go like hell battle out for 1st place

Fixed your post 

Kwd1253
08-16-2017, 02:24 PM
That's chef Bumley to you sir落

Fixed...

Who said you can get on 4m.net? We have hungry people, so back on the smoker and pit Chef Bumley.

Barbecueboy
08-16-2017, 04:23 PM
Take a cool picture of the winner in victory lane..........if you miss it, I've got a few from years past I can send you......same driver.

Clayton_Wetter
08-16-2017, 04:45 PM
Messed your post up 

And here I fixed it back!!!

Do throw a screwdriver on track when A main is running

Don't watch davenport go like hell