PDA

View Full Version : One Year And It Still Hurts.............

CIRF
08-08-2017, 10:11 AM
It's been one full year since word came out of Bryon Medical Center in Lincoln, Nebraska that Bryan Clauson had passed away. We spent this past weekend in Belleville, Kansas for the Belleville Midget Nationals and the grief could be seen and felt all weekend. Not sure how long it will take for it to even partially subside, if it ever does.

Bryan put all of dirt racing on his back and took it to Indianapolis 3 times in his career and he was a wonderful ambassador for those of us whose hearts are in dirt racing.

Rest in peace Bryan Clauson, you were one of the best to ever turn a lap on a dirt track and even more significant you were a great human being and a credit to dirt track racing.

Mod22
08-08-2017, 12:28 PM
His contributions to life in general outweigh what he accomplished on the track. We may never see another type of racer in our lifetime. He was a very special individual. I can't imagine what it was like for the family and team to drive through the pit gate over the weekend, it had to have been very bittersweet.
#BCFOREVER

zach51
08-08-2017, 04:02 PM
10-4 on that. I still wonder to myself about Hockett, and why that happened. But I guess we are better off not questioning. It's a shame people would rather ignore this post and hack back and forth about JD and Bloomer rather than talk about something that matters.

This is my favorite week of the year. The Knoxville Nationals (410 sprint cars) is the best dirt race in the world.

Illtsate32
08-08-2017, 04:42 PM
Not to put a damper on BC but when I seen the thread I thought you were talking about the slider Pierce put on Bloomer at the N/S last year...lol

Cardirt0
08-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Bobby will NEVER be in the same place that Bryan Clauson was....

kidrock
08-08-2017, 06:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chF1Wxi85YU

A tribute to Bryan Clauson, CIRF I know you have seen this one but,though I would post it again.

ptown
08-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Not to put a damper on BC but when I seen the thread I thought you were talking about the slider Pierce put on Bloomer at the N/S last year...lol

Wow what kind of a pathetic scum bag would bring that up when someone is making a post about a fallen driver.

dirt junkie
08-08-2017, 08:52 PM
Some of that Pierce class shining thru there. Probably owns one of those t-shirts too

CIRF
08-08-2017, 09:40 PM
His contributions to life in general outweigh what he accomplished on the track. We may never see another type of racer in our lifetime. He was a very special individual. I can't imagine what it was like for the family and team to drive through the pit gate over the weekend, it had to have been very bittersweet.
#BCFOREVERWOW, Mod22, you summed it all up better than I ever could. Thank you.

Bobby will NEVER be in the same place that Bryan Clauson was....I agree with you 100%, Gary. There was something special about Bryan on and off the racetrack that isn't often duplicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chF1Wxi85YU
A tribute to Bryan Clauson, CIRF I know you have seen this one but,though I would post it again.Thanks for posting that vid, buddy. To this day I have a hard time watching that video. Especially the footage of Bryan winning the Belleville Nationals. I was at Belleville for the 2010 Nationals won by Bryan.

Sounds like he was one of the best CIRF. Im sure he appreciates you, your kind word and lasting friendship from above.

My sincere condolence for your friend.Thanks for the kind words, Blackie, I'm confident you mean every word and that means a lot, man.

BC was one of the best to ever race on a dirt track.

It was a tough weekend in Belleville for several people. There were plenty of misty eyes in the pits and the stands both Friday & Saturday nights, including mine. The recipient of Bryan's heart was in the stands Saturday night setting along side of Diane (Bryan's Mother) and Taylor (Bryan's sister). There were many tears shed by Bryan's family and close friends and I hope just being there at The High Banks has brought a certain degree of piece and closure to those closest to Bryan.

The ultimate racing tribute to BC was at Indy in May. Since Bryan had led the 100th lap of the 100th running of the Indy 500 in 2016 The Speedway cleared the scoring pylon during the 100th lap of this years' Indy 500 and for that lap it read simply "BC FOREVER". Bryan also was voted "Most Popular Driver" of the Indy Car series in the wake of his death.

buster83
08-08-2017, 11:30 PM
wow what shoe indeed he was pedal to the metal full throttle and a very nice gentleman.