PDA

View Full Version : Fairbury, IL Super Late Model racer #83 Scott Bull retiring at end of 2017 season.

HoosierDirtFan
08-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Did know if a lot of you have heard this morning Fairbury, Illinois racer and weekly competitor at Farmer City & Fairbury has decided to hang it up and the end of the 2017 season citing spending more time with the family versus racing for a payout that is close to the money spent to race. There was an article share on Facebook this morning from the Pontiac, IL new paper with the news.

ptown
08-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, 3 time Fairbury track champion and 3 time Farmer City track champion,
he's done after this year Joe Harlem quit last year. Tracks are losing late models and they aren't getting anyone moving up to replace them.....$$$$$$$$

Highside Hustler25
08-10-2017, 05:45 PM
Bull Power:cool:

Shiny Side Up 18
08-10-2017, 07:20 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, 3 time Fairbury track champion and 3 time Farmer City track champion,he's done after this year Joe Harlem quit last year. Tracks are losing late models and they aren't getting anyone moving up to replace them.....$$$$$$$$They lost Darren Friedman too a couple years ago. Jose Parga was supposed to run at FALS nearly every week this year, but that didn't happen. I'd love to see Mike McKinney move up to supers. He drives the wheels off of that modified. I'd love to see him blast the cushion in a late model.

Cardirt0
08-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Death by a million cuts... give lates 2 or 3 years and they be done at home tracks...

MI Dirt Fan
08-10-2017, 08:01 PM
Death by a million cuts... give lates 2 or 3 years and they be done at home tracks...

I don't exactly think so. Less and less with show up when the big boys come to town. I don't think they'll be completely gone.

TheJet-09
08-10-2017, 08:37 PM
I have nothing but the utmost respect for the guy! I probably wouldn't recognize him if he came knocking on my door, but I've had the opportunity to at least race on the same track as him on a number of occasions. He's a solid top five car week in and week out, no matter where he starts the night, and that's a testament to how smooth and consistent he is. And he does so while pretty much staying under the radar.

I wish him luck the rest of this year and wherever life takes him from there.

cgrace
08-12-2017, 11:24 AM
I have nothing but the utmost respect for the guy! I probably wouldn't recognize him if he came knocking on my door, but I've had the opportunity to at least race on the same track as him on a number of occasions. He's a solid top five car week in and week out, no matter where he starts the night, and that's a testament to how smooth and consistent he is. And he does so while pretty much staying under the radar. I wish him luck the rest of this year and wherever life takes him from there.good post. Agree completely. really like watching Scott Bull race. best of luck in everything your family does. Folks, come on thats what racers do, they stop at some point because of family and other commitments. it is a hard life. most of those guys have raced 15 to 20 years. that is a pretty long time. chances are one of their kids will eventually race,.

Cardirt0
08-12-2017, 12:54 PM
I have nothing but the utmost respect for the guy! I probably wouldn't recognize him if he came knocking on my door, but I've had the opportunity to at least race on the same track as him on a number of occasions. He's a solid top five car week in and week out, no matter where he starts the night, and that's a testament to how smooth and consistent he is. And he does so while pretty much staying under the radar.

I wish him luck the rest of this year and wherever life takes him from there.

Have spoken to him 3 or 4 times hes a Nice guy... Sad to see him go.....

Highside Hustler25
08-13-2017, 04:38 PM
They lost Darren Friedman too a couple years ago. Jose Parga was supposed to run at FALS nearly every week this year, but that didn't happen. I'd love to see Mike McKinney move up to supers. He drives the wheels off of that modified. I'd love to see him blast the cushion in a late model.

If you go to Mike's facebook page, their is a video of him turning laps in Frank Heckenast's late model @ KKK:cool: