PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Weiss Tops Al Delaine Memorial

Ben Shelton
08-16-2017, 10:18 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 16, 2017

Ricky Weiss Tops Al Delaine Memorial

Headingly, Manitoba, Canada (08/16/17) – Ricky Weiss continued his winning ways over the weekend by taking the Jerome Guyot-owned #48 Modified to Victory Lane in the Al Delaine Memorial.

“I’m probably as proud of this win as any that I’ve got this year,” Weiss said. “I’ve only got a few starts in a Modified this season, and this was a really strong field of racers on hand for this event. Throw in the prestige of being the Al Delaine Memorial champion, and I’m very thankful to get this win.”

Behind the wheel of the Jerome Guyot-owned #48 Open Wheel Modified, Ricky Weiss invaded Red River Co-op Speedway (Winnipeg, Manitoba) on Thursday evening for the Al Delaine Memorial. Drawing 30 cars for the unsanctioned event, Weiss improved five spots in his heat race, registering a runner-up finish behind Gavin Paul. Earning the 4th-starting position for the main event, Ricky outran the field in the 30-lapper, capturing his ninth win of the season. Gavin Paull, Ward Imrie, Rick Delaine, and Scott Greer rounded out the Top-5 finishers.

For more results from this event, please visit www.RedRiverCoopSpeedway.ca .

Weiss will return to the driver’s seat of his Derrick’s Sandblasting #7 Bloomquist Chassis/ Vic Hill Racing Engine Late Model this weekend as he takes part in a tripleheader with the Northern Late Model Racing Association (NLRA). Action opens on Thursday at Red River Co-op Speedway before moving to River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota) on Friday night. The three-race run draws to a close on Saturday evening at Devil’s Lake Speedway (Doyon, North Dakota).

For more information on the events, please visit www.NLRA.org .

Ricky Weiss would like to thank his marketing partners and sponsors including Derrick's Sandblasting. A.I.E. Bell Mobility, The Orthopaedic Institute of Western Kentucky, All Rig Towing, Hands On Excavating Inc., Allied Roofing Inc., Forest Flying Services, Keewatin Truck Service, J&C Trucking, Cousins Farms, Turk Enterprises, Swift Springs, Metalz In Motion, Wulff Pumps, New Vision Graphics, Vic Hill Racing Engines, Schaeffer Oil, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Ricky Weiss please visit his website at www.WeissRacing7.com .